Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Bloodlines (SoL/Dark Mystery RP) [Still Recruiting] Now With Updated OOC!

SilverHeart

@@Gloomfury, @@SilverHeart, @@Scribblegroove, @@Midnight Scribbler, @@FortyTwo42, @@Evilshy, @@Windbreaker

Hey guys, it's been "alarmingly" a little over a week now so I just wanted to give a gentle poke. ;)

As i believe school is just about finishing I'd like to think it's safe to assume most if you will be more active, right?

How about a status update from the lot of ya?

I just finished my current uni semester, so you should be seeing a lot more of me now!

However, I'm waiting on @Midnight Scribbler for my next post, so I can't really make a new post now.

I just finished my current uni semester, so you should be seeing a lot more of me now!

However, I'm waiting on @Midnight Scribbler for my next post, so I can't really make a new post now.

Can you remind me of what is going on with Sunset and your characters? I may have to write the scene instead of him.

I'm going to be very honest and I feel rather guilty saying this (since vi feel it should be a private matter between Scribbler and I but, he hasn't posted to the RP or responded to our PM lately.) I've tried to get him to be more active over the last few months but there isn't much I can do. I do not know if Scribbler is still invested in this RP or in these forums. To be fair he has moderator duties on PonyMC but still, I feel that if he wanted we would see more of him.

Just so there isn't any confusion, Scribbler is still a DM and will be until the RP is over. I won't cent him that sic this RP is also equally something he came up with as much as it is my own. I'm just letting yall know the situation and that I am about to stop waiting on Scribbler before moving the RP ahead.

If Nyone else is still waiting on the other characters Scribbler plays let me know and I will try to write a post for them soon.

• 3 weeks later...

@Midnight Scribbler, @Gloomfury, @Golbez, @Scribblegroove, @Evilshy, @Windbreaker, @SilverHeart,

Hey everyone, I've got a few things to talk about:

My latest post in the RP where I had Aero and Shadowhide become special someponies is a bit of an experiment for me. I've pretty much never tried to write about romance before. I've also never been in a relationship myself, so I don't have any first-hand experience to draw from. But I've really grown to like how Aero and Shadowhide interact so I wanted to try it out with them. I'm trying to take advantage of my lack of experience with romance by making my characters have no experience with it either. So, since this is my first time trying something like this, I'm interested in hearing any feedback on how I wrote their interaction. Was it too rushed, or perhaps too slow? Did they act believably, or unnaturally? I really want to make sure I can get this right, since I really like writing interactions between them. In case I am getting it wrong, I want to know how to improve.

Another thing, since I've now been RPing with Aero for about a year now, I'm revising his character now based on the good and not-so-good things I've noticed during his RPs. However, since I've already started this RP with the old version of Aero, I want to keep using that version of Aero for this RP. I'll still keep the old character page for Aero, so that will always be here to refer to. But when I finish the revised version, I'll be linking to that in my signature instead of the old version. You should still easily be able to find the old character page from the links on the first post of this topic, and I intend to link to Aero's old character page at the end of the new character page too.

It should be easy to tell whether you've come across the new version or not: One of the differences so far is Aero's coat has been changed from green to white, so if the picture shows Aero with a white coat, it's the new version. Besides, even if they get mixed up, I don't think he's going to be very different overall. I feel like most of the changes are more like an expansion on certain parts of his character rather than outright differences. Also, some of these changes are designed to improve the relation between Aero and Shadowhide, which is part of the reason why I'm very interested in getting their relationship right.

One more thing: In a few days, I'm going to be flying across Australia to stay with relatives, and I won't be able to come onto the forums while I'm visiting them. I'll be staying for about 9 days, so I won't be on the forums until after that. I've asked SilverHeart to play as my characters for me while I'm gone to avoid the RPs slowing down. Hopefully this doesn't cause any problems. It'll still be uni break for me when I come back, so I should probably be able to jump into things pretty quickly again afterwards!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@FortyTwo42, @@SilverHeart

To be Honest, I think this surprise relation between your two OC's is exactly what the rp needs to mix things up a bit, because as with most releationships there are always a few "kinks" for those two to figure out.

Cherry would be especially happy with it though, specially since she predicted it before hand. ;)

I'm not sure what i can say about your revised version of Aero however, mainly because I've not got anything to compare him with as of yet and that is because NO BODY IS POSTING ANYTHING!!

@@Gloomfury, @@Scribblegroove, @@Midnight Scribbler, @@Evilshy, @@Windbreaker

Guys, this is seriously not on and it is not fair, especially on Silver Heart.

Silver is really getting tired of having to chase the lot of you up to post something here, and "I'm" getting tired of slapping the lot of you round the back of the head when you still don't.

If you don't want to take part anymore, fine, but at least have the decency to say so and not just leave us hanging for weeks on end.

Edited by Golbez
  • Brohoof 2

I'm not sure what i can say about your revised version of Aero however, mainly because I've not got anything to compare him with as of yet

I think you might have misunderstood what I meant. Even though I'm updating Aero Wind, I haven't used the updated version of him anywhere yet, and I want to keep using him as he is now in this RP. It wouldn't make much sense for his coat to suddenly change to white now, would it?  :wacko:  However, I've finished most of the revised version now. I'm just trying to come up with a good backstory now. Like I've done with Ebony, I could post a 'WIP' version of him.

And thanks for the encouragement about their relationship! I can imagine both Aero and Shadowhide will end up ending others for relationship advice a bit, since both of them have little to no experience with relationships before! Of course, I don't want the relationship to take over the main story or anything, so let me know if I seem to be focusing too much on it sometime.

@Gloomfury, @Scribblegroove, @Midnight Scribbler, @Evilshy, @Windbreaker

And once again, I have to agree with Golbez here, I think we really should be able to post here a lot more than we're doing now. Remember that a short, two line post is much, much better than no post at all. And if for some reason you can post, letting us know you can't post is still much better than just disappearing without a word.

Since I'm going to be gone for a while soon, I've gotten Silver Heart to play as my characters for as long as I'm gone. If you really can't post for some reason, then if you let the rest us know perhaps you could set up a similar system to let someone else play as your character temporarily to keep the RP going. I think letting someone else use your character temporarily is more fair than just not posting and causing the RP to grind to a halt.

We're just a few posts away from the mansion, where I imagine the story will really kick off. Just hold on a little longer and it'll get much more interesting!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@FortyTwo42, @@SilverHeart, @@Gloomfury, @@Scribblegroove, @@Midnight Scribbler, @@Evilshy, @@Windbreaker

I was recently just informed that my rant in my previous post was aimed at one needlessly.

Windbreaker, I sincerely apoligise for the mistake, it was nothing personal and it was all due simply to my own negligence.

What I do when posting most of the times is I copy-paste the links to users to save time, however it didn't occur to me at the time that those links were likely weeks old and situations would have likely changed by then, situations that I was not aware of.
As such, the links were simply posted together as normal.

In my defence, I was in my rights to vent my frustrations at Mirrors disappointment at the progress the rp is making, that too may have had something to with my has times, and again I'm really sorry for that.

Also, Scribble, I also forgot you explained yourself a while ago in the EQE forums (https://mlpforums.com/topic/112632-equestrian-empire-cast-character-leave-of-absence/page-3)

So...yeah...sorry about that.

It's embarrassing what happens when your frustration get's the better of you, isn't it?

Edited by Golbez
  • Brohoof 1

@@Gloomfury, @@Scribblegroove

So I would just like to know, are the two of you still willing to be a part of this RP. If not now is the time to drop out.

@@SwigglySwiggly

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get to you. Since Scribbler was your friend, and had vouched for your skill, I assumed you knew you were accepted, but considering how Scribbler never posted much (in his last few months at least) and has most likely left the forums, I wanted to make sure you were still interested.

I'm gonna drop out. I hate taking up your guys time. Just go on without me.

Alright thanks for letting us know. I genuinely liked your character. If you do change your mind let me know.

Sure. It's just when RPs slow down I slow down.

Well if it helps at all I do plan on instituting new rules (with regards to posting) and reopening this RP back up for recruitment to get some fresh blood in here.

• Brohoof 1

Due to other areas of the forum giving me a lot of pressure to post what I've got on my revised version of Aero before I go, I've now done so and the link in my signature now points to the new version! So, if any of you want to see the new version, there it is. It's completely finished except for the backstory, which I've got a vauge idea for so far.

Remember that I'm still going to use the old version of Aero for this RP since I started this RP before updating Aero. The link on the first post of this topic still points to the correct version of Aero for this RP. The new version has a white coat and the old version has a green coat, so the one with the green coat is the one you want for this RP.

And it's only about two hours before I leave for the airport, so by the time you read this, I'm probably already gone. I'll see all of you in about 9 days! Remember that SilverHeart is taking over my characters, Aero Wind and Shadowhide, while I'm gone.

I will take a look at this Thursday, on my day of from work. I may be able to join, but if I do I warn I already have many roleplays I am apart of. This counts four roleplays with Princess Celestia, which take priority over any other.

If I can join I would probably offer my OC Mythos Gray. He is a charming storyteller and even adventurer of sorts, so he would have a few skills and talents he could offer. Heh, mares beware if this stallion joins as he is a flirt.

• Brohoof 1

I will take a look at this Thursday, on my day of from work. I may be able to join, but if I do I warn I already have many roleplays I am apart of. This counts four roleplays with Princess Celestia, which take priority over any other.

If I can join I would probably offer my OC Mythos Gray. He is a charming storyteller and even adventurer of sorts, so he would have a few skills and talents he could offer. Heh, mares beware if this stallion joins as he is a flirt.

Of course, I've RP'ed with you before and I know you to be quite skilled. Mythos is a memorable OC, and should be very useful considering his interests. You're accepted.

As for how to enter the RP, I'd like to see if anyone else joins up. I have a rather group friendly intro in mind.

@@SilverHeart,

Wouldn't it be fair for me to still fill out a character sheet? :confused::adorkable:

Of course, I'll still need you to do that so I can edit the OOC. I probably jumped the gun a little, I was letting you know that you'd most likely be accepted.

(edited)
  • Mythos Gray
  • Profile Link
  • A Visit With the Mare of Generosity, Speaking With the Mare of Honesty, Serene Sounds in Melody
  • A pair of saddlebags enchanted to be bigger on the inside, a variety of books, a few set of clothes plus a dinner outfit, a journal for notes and recording the day, quills and ink, plus a number of small odds and ends just in case he has need of them.
  • Knowledge of the Canterlot elite, Equestrian history, and magic... counting that which some would not want him to know. Enjoys a good mystery or story, and good at finding that which others might miss or not wish to be revealed. Charming and personable, having a way with words that allows him to often manipulate others and get them to like or trust him. Secretly works as an 'information broker' of sorts, getting or finding information for another... sometimes at the detriment of others. Once knew a mare who could learn the future from the stars, yet they had a falling out and he hasn't seen her since.
Edited by EquestrianScholar

Hey everyone. So this is probably far too late, but I'm going to say it anyway. I really apologize for the lack of word from me, I've been a terrible DM the last month, and I'm owning up to that. I realize no amount of apology makes up for my lack of participation, but I can't keep going with the game. I'm stepping out and leaving the story to Silver.

I realize I should have posted before, but given the circumstances, I've had little time to actually be online, and I've been using it to tend to other things aside from the forums. I really feel terrible about dropping this story, and I wish I could keep with it, but it's a bit late for me to rejoin now. Again, I apologize for my neglect to this game, I hope you still enjoy it, and I hope it keeps going.

• Brohoof 2

@@EquestrianScholar

You're accepted. Mythos sounds like he will fit in quite well with this RP. If you want to post go ahead. My plan for letting new players in was to have a second carriage arrive. Originally we thoiught we would make it to about the end of the first week with players, however I'd rather start things off quickly now while there is still some interest. It had suffered from a broken wheel before the journey even began. Delaying the wagon for the better part of a day. I can either write the post for you top introduce Mythos or you can write arriving into town on your own (Your character would still arrive in the carriage with whoever else joins)

@@Scribblegroove

Mentioning you again for a response.

@@EquestrianScholar@@FortyTwo42,@@Golbez@@Scribblegroove@@Windbreaker

Everyone please welcome Golbez as my new Co-DM. He's volunteered to help me write some scenes since I've been expectantly busy.

EquestrianScholar, I'll be making the intro post for you today, after I catch some sleep. I apologize for the wait, I just wanted to see if anyone else would try to join.

Life has been strange for me. It's changed drastically. For the better, that is, but is been taking up all of my time. I'm ashamed of my behaviour and lack of activity. I'll be returning to activity soon. As in a few days. This counts for fallen Canterlot as well.

• Brohoof 1