Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Bloodlines (SoL/Dark Mystery RP) [Still Recruiting] Now With Updated OOC!

SilverHeart

just throwing this out there but there are a few people who have yet to post yet in this (reboot period) where are you guys, I really like this rp and want to see some of what is in store for out OC's.

• Brohoof 3

just throwing this out there but there are a few people who have yet to post yet in this (reboot period) where are you guys, I really like this rp and want to see some of what is in store for out OC's.

Yes I'm aware that a member or two hasn't posted. I'll wait until Friday before I write my next post to give then a chance. That said I've finally gotten this RP moving (thanks to all of you) so I don't want to interrupt the momentum by waiting too long.

• Brohoof 2

I am aware I am one of those one or two members. I'll get going as soon as possible; just finished a rather long post for a different roleplay and I'm going to get some food before I continue.

I dont really like being specific in these matters but you actually aren't one of the players. Though I am looking forward to your next post.

The sweet tasting alcohol served its secondary purpose delightfully as well

Apparently someone knows their wines. I'm assuming you typed this because I mentioned the Moscato d'Asci.

• Brohoof 1

@@FortyTwo42, @, @@The Elusive Cinder, @, @@Golbez, @@Hederik,

Alrighty, so I decided I would wait a few extra days to allow everyone to post, considering it is so close to Christmas I'm sure there are some members here who are too busy for the forums. That said, I'm going to write my post today. I'm just not going to rush the plot forward (not that that was my plan to do so anyway). Plus this dinner party is doing exactly as I hoped it would, everyone seems to be deciding who they like and dislike.

@@FortyTwo42, @, @, @@Hederik, @@The Elusive Cinder,

Just as an additional update I will post once I wake up. I've been writing one all night but who would have guessed that watching movies like Schindler's List and Princess Mononoke would be detrimentall to my writing speed? Anyway, I have one mostly written up but It isn't very good yet and I'm tired. I'm sorry it is taking me so long to get this out. This also gives me time to figure out what I want to say or do to both Emerald and Cursive.

• Brohoof 3

This also gives me time to figure out what I want to say or do to both Emerald and Cursive.

*shudder* Can't a pony simply eat an orange without there being things done to him by a vengeful DM? What a world!

JK of course.

• Brohoof 1

I'm outside and I need to head off somewhere soon. I'll make this short and I'll add in some details later when I get to my computer

Here's my entry:

Name: second sight

Link ( in signature )

Hobbies: mechanical and magical stuff. Or mechanical stuff that involves magic. I'm in a hurry

Inventory: will list later: probably some bits, a Swiss Army knife, lockpicks and instant noodles

@@Golbez, @@Hederik,

I apologize but I was simply unable to think of anything worthwhile to interact with the two of you. I scaled down the number of NPC's at the dinner because I didn't think I would have so many guests. Apparently I should have continued with my original plan of having most of the important villagers attend the dinner.

a vengeful DM

I wouldn't worry about anything for now, my revenge will come when you least expect it.

I'm outside and I need to head off somewhere soon.

I'll make this short and I'll add in some details later when I get to my computer Here's my entry: Name: second sight Link ( in signature ) Hobbies: mechanical and magical stuff. Or mechanical stuff that involves magic. I'm in a hurry Inventory: will list later: probably some bits, a Swiss Army knife, lockpicks and instant noodles

I've taken a look at your character but I'm afraid I'll have to reject this application. Your writing style for your OC sheets isn't really something that I was impressed with. I took a look at your normal writing style, or at the very least how you write in the Children of The Night RP and I think your writing is fine there. Just as a general tip I suggest that you rewrite your OC's to have a standard writing style for their backstories. The OC sheets sound like you are trying to casually talk to someone as opposed to tell a story.

Regardless of your writing style I can't accept your OC either, I don't believe they fit with what I have planned for this RP. However, if you have another character that is closer to being canon or could fit into the Equestrian Empire section , I'll gladly give that character a look over.

Finally, my final reason for rejecting this character is that I think we have more than enough loner types in this RP. Loners and Anti-social types are fine, but if there are too many in a RP then less people interact with each other and I would prefer to avoid that.

I apologize but I was simply unable to think of anything worthwhile to interact with the two of you

Any interaction at that point would most likely be forced, so I second your decision. There'll come time to make the grump socialize.

inally, my final reason for rejecting this character is that I think we have more than enough loner types in this RP. Loners and Anti-social types are fine, but if there are too many in a RP then less people interact with each other and I would prefer to avoid that.

Lo! Shunned shall the shunning be, lest the shunning should stun what swiftly should run.

• Brohoof 2

@@SilverHeart,

I'm not entirely sure what to say to tragedy, your post has stumped me, so I shall wait until other have gone (that may be a while) to try and make sense of it.

Are you just unsure of how Summer should/Would respond or was my post confusing?

@@SilverHeart,

a bit of both I don't know what to make of the lass being cut of by her mother.

I probably rewrote my post so many times I made it worse. I gave it a look over and it seems I forgot to describe that part of the scene. Basically Tragedy felt that Summer insulted her parents. There are two ways I intended for that part to come across.

First she kind of insulted the prince by using him as a negative example. "My parents are nice. They are not like the Prince." In a roundabout manner, she insulted the Prince by saying he was mean. While it's subtle for everyday ponies, as a noble that was about as outright an insult as you can get without calling him a jerk outright. Her Mother could have stopped her from speaking for this reason.

Secondly, While ponies that don't know Tragedy probably wouldn't have guessed, she was about to get mean. Or she could get mean. Her mother might have kept her from making a scene and from saying something g she would regret.

If my posts are ever confusing or there is something g that you don't understand don't be afraid to ask for clarification. I don't mind explaining my posts.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure I did the "tagging" right, but the only way that I was able to figure out for myself was making it a link to the user profile page. I somehow doubt how that's done, though, even if the final effect is probably the same. Is there some "tag" tag to be used?

Also... yeah. Shunning withheld, post posted. Back to work.

I'm not sure I did the "tagging" right, but the only way that I was able to figure out for myself was making it a link to the user profile page. I somehow doubt how that's done, though, even if the final effect is probably the same. Is there some "tag" tag to be used?

Also... yeah. Shunning withheld, post posted. Back to work.

I've been meaning to e plain it to you bit kept forgetting. It's pretty simple. Just highlight some text from a users post. Youll get a few options. "Quote" or "Mention". You just want to hit mention. And it will generate the code to notify the player in the text box at the bottom of the screen.

Ah, cool. It doesn't even process as such when a post is quoted and turned to BBCode. It's useful to know the appropriate code too, though, that is

@[member='Nickname'] (no closing tag)

since there isn't always a post to use as a source for clicking the right person.

Edited by Hederik

Ah, cool. It doesn't even process as such when a post is quoted and turned to BBCode. It's useful to know the appropriate code too, though, that is

[member='Nickname'] (no closing tag)

since there isn't always a post to use as a source for clicking the right person.

I think you left out two parts to it. You need the code for it to turn to bold. I'm not sure why but I've noticed that it requires it to be bold for people to be notified.

And you are missing the @ in between the '[' and 'member'.