Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Bloodlines (SoL/Dark Mystery RP) [Still Recruiting] Now With Updated OOC!

SilverHeart

Hey, just a question for all of you, 

Am I going too in-depth into Bittersweet's psyche? Like, is it too distracting, annoying, or weird or anything of the sort? I can tone it down if that'd make others more comfortable. It's been a while since I've RPed as a character who is as shy as she is so if I'm overdoing the Character VS Self conflict she has going on just let me know and I'll bring it down a notch. Ha ha. ^_^''

Edited by FirstPonySpectre

Hey, just a question for all of you,

Am I going too in-depth into Bittersweet's psyche? Like, is it too distracting, annoying, or weird or anything of the sort? I can tone it down if that'd make others more comfortable. It's been a while since I've RPed as a character who is as shy as she is so if I'm overdoing the Character VS Self conflict she has going on just let me know and I'll bring it down a notch. Ha ha. ^_^''

To be completely honest, the only thing that bugged me about your post was that you used "would of" instead of "would have". Yeah, I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi. Normally I wouldn't bring it up, but you did ask about your post :P

• Brohoof 1

To be completely honest, the only thing that bugged me about your post was that you used "would of" instead of "would have". Yeah, I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi. Normally I wouldn't bring it up, but you did ask about your post :P

I did? Oh.. my bad. Haha. That's probably what I get for editing my post at like, 1 in the morning. I think I edited that last post about three times (so far ;-;) after posting it because I wanted to add more detail in an area (Not changing anything major. Just adding more detail and stuff). I actually got up out of bed to add a mere few words just now. Haha. 

Writer's life too difficult. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Golbez

I really adore the way you add those pictures! I think I might start doing that as well, it shouldn't be too hard. You use the pony OC maker right? I think it would be more easy for others to visualise everything with pictures like that :)

@@FirstPonySpectre

The internal dialogue you're doing is perfectly fine. And it's good that you're showing some alternative behaviour in your character. Otherwise it wouldn't be very interesting now would it? Everypony has weird quirks, some show it quite obviously from the start, like bittersweet's shyness, and others might show it when you get to know them better, like Scribblegroove's arrogance or Dove's thievery, or perhaps Emeralds manipulative personality...

You keep things interesting in the (usually unaivoidable) boring start of the RP where everypony is just introducing themselves and having small talk while nothing is really happening. If everyone stayed in line it would all become boring rather quickly. 

Edited by Scribblegroove

@@Scribblegroove,

Alright. Thanks. ^_^ I just felt the need to ask because I'm doing another RP (On another forum entirely) using a shy character like Bittersweet and I was doing the same kind of internal dialogue and some of the people there didn't like it all that much and told me to tone it down. Haha. ;-;

I agree with Scribblegroove, you're doing just fine. I like your posts quite a bit.

• Brohoof 2

@@SilverHeart,
@,
@,
@@Evilshy,
@@FortyTwo42,
@@Gloomfury,
@@FirstPonySpectre,
@@Scribblegroove,
@@Golbez,
@@Windbreaker,

I just have to say this now. I'm really enjoying these posts. I'm loving the characters a lot, there's a really good mix of personalities in the RP for sure. You're all doing an awesome job in the development of the characters' relationships with one another. Whether it be positive or negative feelings between OCs, it's fun to read either way.

I have a lot of reading left to do, but I'm working on a post now. Again, awesome writing everyone! :D

• Brohoof 3

Yes indeed it is. Thank you Silver. ;)

(for those confused by the above, I have more time to post things for the RP atm, but mine get mashed together if I don't have a post in between)

@@SilverHeart,
@,
@,
@@Evilshy,
@@FortyTwo42,
@@Gloomfury,
@@FirstPonySpectre,
@@Scribblegroove,
@@Golbez,
@@Windbreaker,

Ok, so this is important for everyone to read, as it pertains to how the RP will be adding things in to spice up your game. Silver and I may start posting OC exclusive things in spoiler boxes. This will mean that only the OC mentioned will experience the story that we post in their spoiler, and only they should react to whatever it is they see/hear/smell/etc. This will serve to add a layer of game, where your OCs can choose weather or not to draw attention to something, or give a response to whatever it is they have noticed, independent from the rest of the group. We will try to make sure everyone has these happen equally.

Example:

Belle

Belle notices the edge of a paper that had slipped under the table, and was overlooked by everyone else.

In this case, Belle is the only character to notice what's being pointed out, and has the choice to do whatever she will with the information. Anyone can read these, but only Belle can respond to it. We may have more than one player notice the same thing.

• Brohoof 3

Geez, that's a really great idea. I sort of wish I thought of that - I'm looking forward to it in the RP. ^^ Question - will those be posted here or in the roleplay thread?

Also, I hope nobody is a bit annoyed at how short my posts are. I'm still a little rusty - I haven't roleplayed in a while.

• Brohoof 1

@,

@@SilverHeart,

Hey, Just a question if you're willing to disclose the answer

Where exactly is this manor / vacation spot? Or at least where the forest is? 

I totally understand if you'd rather keep it a secret, I, as a player, am just rather curious. Haha. Though if you'd rather not answer I totally understand. 

@@FirstPonySpectre,

The town of Bloodwell is located in a remote part of Equestria, it's built at the foot of a mountain, and is surrounded by the forest that your party is currently traversing through. Though I'm guessing you mean where in Equestria the town is in relation to other places. Which is something I'll have to ask Silver about. I don't remember exactly.

In the grand scheme of things, the only thing that really matters is that it's remote enough to take about a day to get to. So you know it's far from any other civilization at any rate.

• Brohoof 1

@@FirstPonySpectre,

The town of Bloodwell is located in a remote part of Equestria, it's built at the foot of a mountain, and is surrounded by the forest that your party is currently traversing through. Though I'm guessing you mean where in Equestria the town is in relation to other places. Which is something I'll have to ask Silver about. I don't remember exactly.

In the grand scheme of things, the only thing that really matters is that it's remote enough to take about a day to get to. So you know it's far from any other civilization at any rate.

Alright, thank you. ^_^ 

@,

@@SilverHeart,

Hey, Just a question if you're willing to disclose the answer

Where exactly is this manor / vacation spot? Or at least where the forest is? 

I totally understand if you'd rather keep it a secret, I, as a player, am just rather curious. Haha. Though if you'd rather not answer I totally understand. 

Sorry I meant to respond earlier but I've been a bit busy today. If you're looking for like a spot on (what I've been told is) the official Map of Equestria, there really isn't a spot that fits. Originally Bloodwell was going to be around the area that Hollow Shades is at. Now if I had to choose a spot, it would probably be somewhere in the Unicorn Range. Basically, it's somewhere in the Northern half of Equestria....doesn't really matter where so long as its a mountainous region and there's a forest.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry I meant to respond earlier but I've been a bit busy today. If you're looking for like a spot on (what I've been told is) the official Map of Equestria, there really isn't a spot that fits. Originally Bloodwell was going to be around the area that Hollow Shades is at. Now if I had to choose a spot, it would probably be somewhere in the Unicorn Range. Basically, it's somewhere in the Northern half of Equestria....doesn't really matter where so long as its a mountainous region and there's a forest.

Understood, thank you.

Also, for some reason I'm never notified when you quote any of my posts. It's rather surreal considering the RP is a mystery and it's weird how I'm not getting notifications of you replying to me. Haha. I just thought I'd point that out because of the irony. At least I think it's irony. -shrugs- 

• Brohoof 1

Sorry I meant to respond earlier but I've been a bit busy today. If you're looking for like a spot on (what I've been told is) the official Map of Equestria, there really isn't a spot that fits. Originally Bloodwell was going to be around the area that Hollow Shades is at. Now if I had to choose a spot, it would probably be somewhere in the Unicorn Range. Basically, it's somewhere in the Northern half of Equestria....doesn't really matter where so long as its a mountainous region and there's a forest.

You could always just throw in some magic BS that Bloodwell only sort of exists in Equestria and you have to use special magic to get there. That would also explain why nobody is allowed to leave the carriage (although there's probably already a reason for that, you guys think of a lot).

You could always just throw in some magic BS that Bloodwell only sort of exists in Equestria and you have to use special magic to get there. That would also explain why nobody is allowed to leave the carriage (although there's probably already a reason for that, you guys think of a lot).

B... b... but throwing in BS magic ruins any suspense! It's a screenwriter tactic to fill in random plot holes or advance the plot. Even if the magic has no real purpose other than to move the story along or explain something. Harry Potter movies are the prime example of this. 

I highly doubt the exact magical location of Bloodwell is going to have an effect on the plot. And I didn't mean to have the driver come out and say as much. I just like thinking about stuff like this.

I highly doubt the exact magical location of Bloodwell is going to have an effect on the plot. And I didn't mean to have the driver come out and say as much. I just like thinking about stuff like this.

Well what if it's through some kind of portal that leads to a land of illusion or something cooky like that then it'd have a huge effect on the plot and all. But that'd be really silly unless it was done really carefully and stuff. 

-----------------------------------------------

Also, I learned the word Crepuscular today and I wanted to use it in a post, so I did. No regrets <3

Edited by FirstPonySpectre
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@FirstPonySpectre, @@Evilshy,

I'm afraid to disappoint y'all but I'm afraid there's a far more mundane reason for the "don't leave the carriage" rule. It's basically that the woods are very dark, thick and potentially also extremely dangerous. Just imagine if a pony were to wander off the beaten path and into the woods. It's so dark that its almost eternally night with in the forest. While ponies are amazing and practically human in their ability to build civilization and create technology, we know that they aren't exactly the toughest inhabitants of Equestria. A pack of Timberwolves or a Manticore would decimate a pony that ca barely see.

As for the significance of the town's location that will only really matter if we finish the RP. Scribbler and I have at least two possible sequels planned. They each exclude the other....so basically if y'all choose to end the RP this "way" (Sorry for being so vague....but I want to avoida ny and all possible spoilers) then that would lead to sequel #1 but if the RP ends another way that would lead to sequel #2. But that's getting way ahead of ourselves. This one is still basically in the prologue section of the RP.

Also expect to arrive in the town tonight. I'll write up the post later today.

Edited by SilverHeart
  • Brohoof 1

When I read this I immediately thought you were going to say the RP had to be canceled. I got scared. ;-;

Oh yeah. I don't think I'd cancel this. I don't know if Scribbler feels the same way (in sure he does though) but I've put in way too much work to cancel

When I read this I immediately thought you were going to say the RP had to be canceled. I got scared. ;-;

Oh yeah. I don't think I'd cancel this. I don't know if Scribbler feels the same way (in sure he does though) but I've put in way too much work to cancel this. If this fails (which I pray it doesn't) in willing to give it a third try.

• Brohoof 1