Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your general opinions

Scootaloodle

I don't blame people who talk little. It is often all too easy to disappoint or anger others by simply opening your mouth. 

And by staying silent, when you do talk people pay more attention because it probably has more meaning than the person who talks endlessly.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Well, it seems Post your unpopular opinions has died: 

That was a good thread, but to be honest most of the opinions  I would argue weren't really unpopular at all. this thread was created as a rebuttal against that thread.

So hopefully the mods wont close this one to, and we'll still have a post to say random stuff we think 

can't think of any oppinons to post though :D

have fun :)

I like all members of the mane 6.

I can't wait for Mewtwo and Lucas in smash bros.  Plus the smash ballot is freaking awesome!

I love Steven Universe.

He Is Not What He Seems is best Gravity Falls Episode.

Spring is best season as the weather is just right and I can go outside without feeling like crap.

Fluttershy is my favorite pony.

I enjoy using these forums.

If I had a time machine, I would just travel into the future just to watch the entirety of series of not completed tv shows, like Attack on Titan, mlp, maybe some Marvel movies and the rest of Gravity Falls. Especially Gravity Falls.

Most celebrities to the masses aka Kim Kardasdian, don't appeal to me. I rather Youtubers and some Fimfiction users due to the fact I know what they do exactly. Not me still wondering why I should call Kim Kardasdian a celeb. All I can see was that she was born into money or something else stupid like that.

The world needs better wifi.

• 1 month later...

I’m a dance music fan, especially classic House music, but I hate the acronym EDM.

Whilst I don’t think it’s incorrect to call synthesized music made for dancing to EDM because of EDM standing for electronic dance music in the first place, the term to me even if at times un-true just sounds un-educated, mainstream and “trendy”.

I think either specific genre names (Techno, Dubstep, House etc) or simply “dance music” sounds better than calling it EDM. 

• Brohoof 2

Talking to people over text in general is a pain. Particularly in the Internet.

You can make a complex argument about your position with several points explaining why you feel the way you do, but people tend to be too lazy to read. That doesn't stop them from answering though. Usually misinterpreting your point and performing spectacular straw man arguments while answering to a single point and pretending they did a good job.

It. Is. Annoying!

• RainbowDash is my least favorite pony.

The Devil Is A Part-Timer is freaking hilarious.

Dumb and Dumber is the best movie ever made.

Smoothies are better then milkshakes.

I've got a few non-controversial, non-problematic things appropriate for General Discussion:

Rarity is best pony

Look Before You Sleep is one of the best episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Many people may say they liked or appreciated the film 12 Years A Slave, but most people probably would not list it among their all-time top five. I do. It is literally my favorite live-action movie (I saw it one time in theaters on December 6, 2013)

The Lego Movie was one of the finest movies of 2014, and will age rather well as not just a "good animated movie", but as a good movie in general. It deserves to be ranked similar to Birdman (or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) among films of 2014, concerning lasting quality.

The Underland Chronicles is a masterpiece, and you should push them on everyone. Not just whatever sixth-grader demographic you think likes reading.... anyone and everyone in the world, not just North America and some of Europe, who is capable of reading in English at a fifth grade level should read The Underland Chronicles and become suitably filled with intense, terrifying feels.

• 5 weeks later...

- e-sports is not a job. People should not be paid to play video games (unless they are testing games)

- Suikoden 2 has the best story ever

- Adachi is love, Adachi is life.

• Brohoof 1

• The aquatic flightless bird known as "Penguins" are quite possibly the most majestic line of creature in the entire animal kingdom, they should be given a medal for their hard work and tenacity.  Every little task for them is an exuberant expression showing that every little task "such as gathering food" is an accomplishment worth fighting for, these little guys travel over 30 miles on feet just to feed their families.  Beautiful Creatures. 

Card Captor Sakura is one of the greatest animes of all time it showed growth, gratitude, kindness, and love, as the young Kinomoto Sakura grew up collecting the magical cards she accidentally let loose onto the world.  

Games are best when played with, or around by friends.  

People often take what they have for granted.  

Most people born with a high intellectual prowess will often look down on the inabilities of others with disabilities due to their inability to understand the differences in their mental growth, life, and problems.  

Ponies can pony pony, if ponies can pony pony the ponies.  Pony.

I have a lot of opinions on things, I support gay marriage, i'm very anti gun, atheist, pro-choice, mostly democratic but I don't agree with all democrats. I think both Bush and Obama have greatly mishandled their foreign policy, feminist are stupid, islam is crazy, islamic apologist are stupid.

Eggshell white and off white look exactly the same, women shouldn't complain about men leaving the seat up, Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon are the worst 2 presidents ever, futurama needs a new season, pastors should not have the privelage to wed 2 people if they aren't willing to uphold the legal standard of marriage, Chevy >>> all other drunk brands, motel prices are out of control, the God Father is a tad overrated, Mortal Kombat Annihilation was a great movie, and Gummy bears are... Meh.

BASS

We have a fish known as a bass, and it’s pronounced the way it’s spelt. Yet “bass” in a song is also spelt b.a.s.s. yet pronounced base.

One of them has to be wrong.

I can understand different spellings with same pronunciations.

Keeping with the bass theme to further my point

“The base of the ocean” “the bass in the song”. The two words “bass” and “base” we pronounce the same. But to avoid confusion and differentiate the two we spell them different, fine no problem.

But if we have two words spelt the same, we should stick with one pronunciation.

Silent Letters

Silent letters: some of them are just stupid. The name D’jango and Siobhan come to mind.

I love the quote in D’jango Unchained about the D being silent. But still there isn’t any point to spelling it with a D, might as well just miss it off and start with the J.

Daniel the name escapes my wrath, it hasn’t got a Y in it like it sounds but even so I don’t think every word needs to be spelt super hardcore like it sounds.

But Siobhan is pronounced Shevawn? You serious? Now that’s taking the biscuit. Maybe spelling it right wouldn’t be spelt Shevawn, my attempt at spelling it better than Siobhan still looks wrong to me who re-spelt it. But even so Siobhan is so far from how you actually say it it’s just utterly silly.

Hi my names Scdaootalooghdler, btw it’s pronounced Scootaloodle but Scdaootalooghdler is spelt right because it has silent letters

I mean come on!

-All the future presidential candidates for the Democrat or Republican parties are either too Liberal or too Conservative.

When the election comes up, I'm not casting my vote for either party.

- We live in an amazing, yet terrible time. While sometimes I wish I was born several decades earlier, other times I find myself incredibly glad that most of my life will be spent in the 21st Century.

-  I think the reason so many people buy each iteration of smartphone/tablet/etc. that releases each year is because they actually need to drown themselves in technology to be happy. This is exactly why I have distanced myself from those things (yeah, I admit that I'm a bit of a Luddite). 

- I detest abortion. It sickens me that some people think that they have the right to end a life before it even begins just because they weren't being careful enough. 

Stephanie Meyer is a terrible author.
EL James is a terrible author.
Jk Rowling is an amazing author.
Stephen King is an amazing author.

You. I like you.  :please:

• 3 weeks later...

• The Young Turks are the worst when it comes to being one sided about their news. They are basically the Fox News of the left wing, if not even worse in terms of being bias. I avoid their YouYube channel because I know any video they post is going to offend me and piss me off. Personally, I prefer to watch CNN's YouTube channel. Give me news not fucking political propaganda.

• I don't like games with cutscenes, if any at all.

• I love games with silent protagonists.

• I don't like to say "I play video games". Because I feel the term "video game" refers more to console games. An I'm a PC gamer. I prefer to say "I play PC games".

• Mountain Dew and Doritos isn't the best gaming snack combo. Coffee and Cheezits are.