Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you enjoy staying at hotels?

Tameless

I love staying at hotels! Sleeping somewhere other in my house is sorta like camping to me, in a way.. and when you sleep at a hotel, or motel, you never know how bad or good it's gonna be. Could be wonderful.. and you don't have to worry about cleaning up when you leave and have good water. Or it could be terrible.. and you have to 'fight against the odds.' :P

Edited by TheDashingRainbow
  • Brohoof 2

To an extent, yes. I'm usually alone in one so I can still appreciate the size. Size isn't the only relevant thing though, a big TV is also gr8, despite the fact that I rarely watch TV these days.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not super comfortable in hotel rooms, it feels like i've just broken into a room and decided to stay there for a bit in exchange for cash. the beds are always super comfy though and you don't have to make it after snoozing and clean the plates if you don't feel like it  :P

• Brohoof 1

Ew, no. I hate hotels. They're disgusting. Who knows how many people have been in and out of those places. I'm wary enough of public toilets, but hotels are worse. Who knows what someone else's butt has been on, and now you're putting your head there. People are gross. And I'm always super afraid of getting bed bugs, then bringing them home. Then, there is a possibility of the place being completely sketch. Hair in the tub, sitting water, dubious stains. Pass.

• Brohoof 2

I love hotels! It's a whole new sense of adventure and stuff and I dig it :P But sometimes I miss my own home and my own bed and my pillow.

Mainly my pillow.

• Brohoof 1

I may enjoy it if the room is nice enough. But when the time comes to go to sleep I always get a little fidgety. It happens anytime I sleep somewhere that's not my own bed :derp: It just doesn't feel the same if you don't have your own covers over you :squee:
  • Brohoof 1

I love staying in hotels. Years ago I went with some friends on a trip. I remember how cool it was that the room had a really nice coffee maker and a supply of coffee and filters. The first thing I did was make a pot. I got laughed at because I don't drink hot coffee! They had some though, so it worked out nicely! Back then I did enjoy the mini bars.

LOL!

(Now I don't drink!)

Sometimes my husband and I will spend a weekend at a hotel in Philadelphia. It makes a nice mini vacation.

A change of setting can be quite nice. I'll leave it at that!

Sometimes I get a little disorientated and nervous waking up in a hotel. It takes me a second or two to realize I'm not at home. I love the stay though. 

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I like it, but only because normally means your on some trip! :3

if I was just staying there to stay there it would be annoying.

you're probably asking, "who would do that?"

well my mom would.

"hey let's go stay at a hotel for one night. it's fun to watch tv in different places, even though money's tight." 

:mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow: 

• Brohoof 1

but that's a whole other story. XD

Thank you for not saying "a whole nother."

On point, yes and no.  I do enjoy the change of scenery, and I especially like trying the hotel pools and spas, but I've never all that comfortable in hotel rooms.  They're always hot and stuffy, you have to check the matress for bed bugs (some places have been known to have em.  Have to be careful), and you have to sanitize all the surfaces that housekeeping tends to ignore, like doorknobs and especially the tv remote.  Hotel tv remotes probably have more germs than toilet seats.  I'm not all gloom and doom and germaphobe, though.  Once I give the room the once over and it passes my inspection, I usually have a very nice time in hotels.  But I also don't really like traveling in general, so, there's that.

I used to love staying at hotels on road trips when I was younger. I especially liked falling asleep to the drone of the air conditioner ^_^

As I've gotten older I've become less keen on hotels/motels. I worry about how clean they are. You never know if the maid is one of those people who is like "looks good enough to me" and just empties the trash and puts some towels. :confused:

It's the real world people and I'm sure shit like that happens more than you think.

Honestly, unless it's a real nice hotel, I'm actually more comfortable in MY own tent with MY own air-mattress and sheets/sleeping bag. I KNOW where it's been. ;)

OH! and bedbugs. That sounds like a nightmare if you happen to drag some home. :( 

• 4 years later...

I love hotels. Maybe it's because I just love being by myself with no one to bother me, or maybe I just subconsciously associate hotels with friends and fun trips. Most of my stays in a hotel were during band trips, which were always enjoyable. Some of my most interesting memories with my friends took place in a hotel room.

No, no, NOT THE HOTEL! I mean sure you get those room service, pools, fast internet, and different kinds of breakfast. But the price per night is goddamn expensive! I can't stand that!

Fast internet? What hotels have you stayed in?

Edited by Zephyr / Karou

Depends on the hotel, sometimes it can be a hit or a miss.  Last hotel I stayed at, someone was having this noisy party in the parking lot next door.  I'll probably stay at that hotel again since it's the only one in that area that accepts debit/credit cards *mumble grumble*...