Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you enjoy staying at hotels?

Tameless

I don’t normally like being away from home but staying at hotels donesn’t bother me as long as I have all of my belongings.

I love staying at hotels! Being away from home is home for me. I love being on the road or enjoying a nice vacation. The beds are divine, I don't have to clean up the room when I'm done, and it's always fun to jump in the pool. Sometimes you can even get a really nice view as well. Most hotels, no matter how expensive, are very similar in their general amenities, so it's not worth paying extra money for a fancy place. Just any basic hotel that isn't a complete dive is good for me. I often take a day at a hotel every couple of weeks just to clear my head and get away from everything for a while. (My former roommate works at a hotel so I get perks). 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I love it! There's something fun and exciting about staying in a hotel especially if it's far from your home. And it's especially fun if you get to stay overnight with your special someone. :Daydreaming:

No.

Last time I stayed at a hotel was in 2016, and my IRL friend payed for it since it was very expensive. I really don't like the stress of being booked, having to remember where I put the bags, and trying to not take any candy that they leave to make the bill more expensive.

Well, I took all the unused soap and body wash when I left. Not going to let that go to waste.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on the hotel, but generally it's pretty nice. Usually the beds are more comfortable than my own, and you can change the temperature to whatever you want. And there's no helicopters flying past your room in the middle of the night waking you up, that's a plus.

Eh, not particularly, but it depends. Whenever I travel I don't stay at the 5* places and usually go for something mid-range instead, like 3-4 star. The beds are almost always fine, but to this day I've never found a bed I believe to be more comfortable than my very own - hotels are generally just functional things to me, rather than a highlight. Although the last time I stayed in Norway I stayed at a hotel that had an amazing (complimentary) breakfast selection, that was pretty cool.

• 5 months later...

I prefer my own bed haha however I do like hotels yes. There is always this special feeling to it. Somewhat exciting that is yet also you worry being away from home and all yet it is definitely an enjoyable experience. 

• Brohoof 2

I do. 

I still live with my parents.  When I’m in the mood to have one too many I’ll book a suite at a hotel in my town that has a hot tub in the room, invite my friend, and we’ll drink with each other.  

• Brohoof 1

Not really, it's fine I guess but if I had the choice of sleeping in my own bed, I'll take that.  I usually have rotten luck when staying at a hotel, either the people next door are partying, otherwise noisy or I get bitten by bedbugs.  There's no fourth outcome, it's either of the three, sometimes all three if I'm lucky enough. :dry:

I don’t really like staying overnight places, and there’s always that worry I’ll lose something, but I guess the service can be nice. 

• Brohoof 1

I like the accommodations of the hotels I stay at on family vacations because my parents are Hilton Honors members. The manager's receptions have good snacks and drinks, plus you can't beat the variety at the continental breakfasts.

For the past decade or so I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep on the beds no matter where we go.

(edited)

When I was in Hawaii for medical treatment way back then, I stayed at a hotel if I'm not in the hospital, it can't be all that bad if you know places to go. (I was lucky enough to stay at a hotel that's a couple of blocks to Ala Moana Mall)

I'd love to go there again, and see how much has changed from back then (About 2002), plus it's just a flight away from Guam.

Edited by Flow

I feel stressed staying at hotels because you have to pay for everything, and still log out of your room too early. There are traps all over the place, that costs extra money.

• 1 month later...