Devil Dice

Edited by Blobulle

Super Mario Bros

Super Mario RPG

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy III

Pokemon Red

Pokemon Gold

Super Mario 64 (First game I played of this gen)

Super Smash Bros.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Zelda: Majora's Mask

Banjo Kazooie

Mario Kart 64

Bomberman 64

Goldeneye 64

Crash Bandicoot

Medievil

Motor Toon Grand Prix

Final Fantasy VII,IX

Legend of Dragoon

Legend of Legaia

Megaman Legends

Megaman X4

A lot of licensed games on PS1 (Hercules, A Bug's Life)

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

Star Ocean: Til The End of Time

Kingdom Hearts I/II

Final Fantasy XII

Halo 2 (Online multiplayer; didn't care for campaign)

Resident Evil 4

Edited by DashieDoo

My first console ever was a gamecube, and it came with a disc that had the first 2 zelda games ever made, along with ocarina of time and major's mask.

Ever since then, I'be been a big zelda fan.

Nothing brings back memories like super mario sunshine though!

Super Mario Brothers 3 for the original NES was a big influence for me. I was 6 years old when that game came out and was a big mario fan. Also at the time I watched the cartoons and my favorite animal was the raccoon, so when this new game was released and I saw my idol with raccoon powers I remember going nuts! I also remember wanting my own Tanooki Suit to wear so bad. lol!

Edited by Seeker Dragonheart

Sonic The Hedgehog, Earthworm Jim, Sonic Jam, Sonic Adventure 1/2, Phantasy Star 2/3/4/Online and Pokemon Red/Gold/Ruby.

I was a SEGA kid.

EDIT: I forgot Mario Kart : Double Dash, Super Mario Sunshine and Pokemon XD and Colosseum.

Edited by EddG

(edited)

During my childhood I played a lot of Grand Theft Auto. I got GTA Vice City and GTA III when I was 5 years old (No joke I promise you). I also played a lot of Madden games too.

Edited by RainbowDash72

Several games that I played made up my childhood. Here's a few of them from the top of my head (in no particular order):

Kosmonaut: An old DOS game that I played on my moms computer at her workplace. It was the very first digital game that I ever played.

Super Mario All-stars: My first game on the SNES (it's technically four games).

Super Mario World

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

First gen Pokemon

Edited by Azatrot

Nintendo 64:

Perfect Dark

LoZ Majora's Mask

Pokemon Stadium

Pokemon Snap

007 The World Is Not Enough

Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

Battletoads & Double Dragon

Stargate

Super Star Wars

Super Star Wars Return of the Jedi

That was all before I played the original Pokemon Games. 

Quite a lot...

Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks

Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, NSMB (&Wii)

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Super Paper Mario

Sonic 06, I guess? :/ Shadow the Hedgehog as well, and Sonic Adventure 1&2

Pokémon Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Mystery Dungeon Blue & Explorers of Time

Super Smash Bros Melee + Brawl

Mario Party DS

Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Wii

AC: Wild World, Let's go to the City

Luigi's Mansion

...I really need to experiment more with other (slightly more mature) series, huh..?  -_-

Edited by Edwardo_Brony
  • Brohoof 1

Well, that could go to a lot of games across various system. The following have has the most impact on me.

Captain Skyhawk (NES)

Donkey Kong Jr. (NES)

Solar Jetman (NES)

Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, Knuckles (Genesis)

Castle/World of Illusion (Genesis)

Virtua Racing (Genesis)

Spyro 1, 2, 3 (PS1)

Keep in mind I am 28, so Spyro might be a little late to be listed here, BUT it was the trilogy that confirmed my status as a gamer, so...it gets listed. :P

I grew up on SNES.  I played original Mario and Zelda on NES, but it was FFIV, VI, and Link to the Past that really turned me into a gamer.  The first time I played IV, I was a little young to fully appreciate it, and I needed a lot of help from my older brother.  By the time I got to VI and LTTP, I surpassed my brother and became the real gamer of the family.  As a kid, those two games were just so epic and amazing, (well, they still are) that I just knew the world of games is one I would love for my whole life.

I loved original Killer Instict, and I would practice for hours on end against my friend until my thumb was practically rubbed down to the bone.  He was a master.  He was also the best Starcraft player of our group.  That's another game that really defined my childhood.  Well, that was jr. high era.  I was also addicted to Roller Coaster Tycoon for a long time.  But it always came back to Zelda and FF.  I tend to remember my life through Final Fantasy.  It's like, if I'm trying to remember a particular school year or something, I'll go, "Oh yeah, that was the fall of FFVIII, or that was the summer of FF Tactics."

The game I played the most growing up was Pokemon. It was the cool thing at the time and the game was largely a mystery. The net was relatively new, roumers about the game flew around and there wasnt any way at the time to feasibility test them besides trying them all.

For instance, "to get the mist stone, use the item finder on every square of the seaform islands. On the last square, you get the mist stone. Use it on Dragonite to evolve it into yoshi"

This was perfectly feasible back then. Now, we have an established series and ROM hackers to say "no, yoshi isn't in the game, nor is that item." I suppose much of it also stems from the existance of Missingno, the appearance of Ho-oh and venustoice from the anime, the mysterious glitch city and the secret inclusion of mew in the game. If those exist, what else is hidden in the game?

People with game sharks could get codes for these hidden creatures known as "pokegods", which were nothing more than glitches. To our silly little minds though, these were mega pokemon before gen 6.

• Brohoof 1