• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I found it on a forum. Some one had started a MLP topic around the start of 2011 and I saw one by one, almost every person I knew on the forums start using pony avatars. I wanted to stay out of whatever they were doing. But by mid 2011 I thought I ought see what all the commotion was about and watched the first episode.

Best decision ever.

• Brohoof 2

Saw a few avatars elsewhere, wondering what they were. I was actually finding them a lot, and it took me a while to discover that they were all from MLP, which I was shocked and confused about.

At first, I thought it was just another bunch of memes involving random kids' shows. I think it took me a while to discover that there was actually a huge internet fandom. Then I got curious, blah blah blah, watched it, understood its popularity, and joined in.

(edited)

I was bored one day, just messing around, looking up videos on YouTube, then I notice a video about My Little Pony.  I didn't really know why I clicked on it, but I did.  I liked it so I went to watch a few episodes of it, and now I am hooked on the show.  Well maybe not as much, like I was in 2012, but I still watch it once and awhile.

Edited by Zootycooner

Admittedly I'm an old fan of G1 but as time went on I never thought much about it until in another forum a guy post saying look at this and said a lot of crazy guys are into this.. and cause I like crazy.. I found FIM

Hey guys. Just wondering how you found MLP. Was it recommend by a friend, did you stumble upon it, or were you one of the first bronies way back in 2010? In case any of you want to know, I was introduced to the show by a guy on Youtube (or, a company he works for) named Brownman, or Ray. Some of you might know him, and some may know that he is a huge fan of MLP, specifically AJ. In short, he said to try it out, I gave it a shot, and fell in love with it.

Hey there Sinister Lemonz, just letting you know I merged your topic about how people found MLP with our megathread concerning how and when you became a brony since it's pretty much the same thing. Thanks for your understanding. :)

My godfather, two friends, and future-sister-in-law all convinced me. xP they were pressuring me into it until I finally sucked it up and tried it. I wasn't against it, I never am in these sort of things, but mlp quickly fell in love with it. this was early in the school year, October I think

Got into an argument with a Brony on YouTube. We started arguing through PM when he suddenly sent me a link to an episode, along with a link to that "Are Bronies Changing the Definition of Masculinity" video. Watched both, thought it was ok but didn't want to admit it. Watched a few fan made videos in my recommendations and then BOOM.

It began at the end of 2011. I'm also a fan of the Donald Duck comics. A often asked question regarding them is "Where lies Duckburg?". One theory created by so-called "donaldists", called the "Stella Anatium theory", well, located Duckburg on a planet called Stella Anatium (lat. star of the ducks), a world very like our own, but still different in many cases. I read about it until searching for "Stella Anatium" in Google. One result was a link to the thread "Wo liegt Equestria?" (Where lies Equestria?) on the German Friendship is Magic message board bronies.de, because someone mentioned it there. I clicked on that link and came to the forum. I read the post and entire thread, but after this this website seemed somehow inviting to me, strange and inviting. My first thought was "What the **** is this?" and "Adults and teenagers watching My Little Pony?". I really thought all so-called bronies and pegasisters must be sick.^^ I browsed bronies.de for some hours, then just left. But in a few days I came back and later back again, this was just to creepy (the bronies and show). Well, in a few monthes, must be March or April 2012, I bought a Rainbow Dash brushie in a toy store, without having watched an episode, well until Easter holidays (April 2012), when I finally became a brony.

I became one because I heard that MLP was being called satanic. Im not religious or anything at the moment or back then but I was curious and checked out the show. I've been hooked on it ever since.

I challenged myself to watch one episode just to see whats so good about the show... little did I know how awesome and addicting it was! Watched all episodes in one week and am hungry for more

Being perfectly honest, back in October I was an anti-brony. No joke.

Not exactly sure what pressured me into watching that first episode, but it was either the brony community getting on my nerves, or I just got sick of not really having a valid reason to be against them.

I find it sad to say I started at the beginning when I was watching TV with my little sister back in October in like 2012 when we were on Vacation in America.... And I liked Pinkie Pie and her song so I just kinda watched more episodes hoping for the Pinkie fluffy pony...

Don't think I was absolutely in love until two months after though.

Hey, whats going on?

I wanted to ask you Bronies and Pegasister's

How did you come to My little pony: Friendship is Magic?

and do you have friends in School/at the Job/or something else who also watch My little Pony?

Is it awkward for you when somebody is knowing that you watch MLP or are somebody laughing at you because of this?

Well, here's my story:

I get used to My little Pony just a few months ago

I heard some cool music and saw this awseome fan arts, then i thought: "hmm Im gonna take a look why

everybody like this show" aaaand Shoop da Whoop im a Brony

I didn't had friends in school who also watch my little pony so, I telled my friends about it like "hey, did you

ever heard something about My little Pony?" they said "umm no not really but ok when you say i should check it out then I do it"

A couple days later he telled: " haha whats this shit :D did you wanted to troll me?" well of course it was really awkward for me so I decided to say "umm yeah haha and you really watched it"

1 day later a guy from my class came to me, he is an outsider and he an friend in another class he telled me that he heard what I talked to my friends and said "I also like my little Pony do you wanna be my friend?" since then we where good friends and oh yeah that guy from the other class he also like my little Pony.

from that day he and his friend always come to me to watch My little pony or paint some fan arts

... thats remeber me on this scene from My little Pony :D

post-14859-0-75341900-1369178351.jpg

I saw some memes on My little pony. I was wondering where all these ponies were coming from so I googled it and found some episodes. I saw one episode and I found it pretty cool, so I started watching more. My discovery basically goes like this youtube video. It's a funny video.

• Brohoof 2

Well sounds like things turned out pretty good for you :). I'm still a closet brony so no brony friends but yeah.

I came across the show after hearing about how much it sucked, and me being curious decided to see for myself if it really sucked. Well after coming across a clip of Fluttershy staring down the coctrice in stare master to Guile's theme i checked out some more clips of Fluttershy in the show, then I watched the 1st episode, then the next, then the next, and yeah I was hooked.

That also partly has to do with me liking Fluttershy, but not a whole lot :P.

No IRL people really had an impact on me, just the internet. 

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I wouldn't have found it if not for RoosterTeeth. I was listening to one of their podcasts when someone mentioned Michael being a "brony" unfamiliar with the term I researched. Interested in what I read and thinking "Dudes who like My Little Pony? That's weird" I then decided to find the first episode on YouTube. Without even realizing it, I completed the first season in about a week and in between episodes saying to myself "This is awesome!" And through it, found myself as a brony.

• Brohoof 2

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• 3 weeks later...

i was looking for tutorials at the ruins of alph (look it up in bulbapedia) then i came at a song about the ruins, and in the comments somone said "you should sing the rainbow factory" and i looked that up, and then i lookt at the channel name (brony dance party) and i loved the songs, and i then liked the "ponys" and  then i signed up!

im not sure on which month i started watching but it was the begginning of season 2 i was a closet brony untill the end of season 3. my own curiosity made me watch a few episodes and i was hooked after watching episode 1-2 of season 1.

I became a brony in June of last year. I think it was the 22nd. I had seen pony related stuff everywhere and decided to see what all the fuss was about. Needless to say, I was hooked after watching the pilot and became part of the herd.

I picked it up sometime in 2011 after I seen more people my age were enjoying it so I figured I'd give it a chance. It was not what I expected and I found it humorous and with good morals. Of course most shows Lauren works on are good so it wasn't surprising lol.

i randomly came across a youtube vid about bronycon, and as much as it pains me, i at first was a hater (don't kill me!) 

but i never really expressed my hate, and after a few weeks of not giving it too much, i decided to watch an episode.

so i ended up doing a marathon of the first 2 seisons in about 2 days. 

i consider myself a brony from that moment.

One day i was catching up on Fine Bros "react videos" I hadn't seen before. Then I came across "Teens React To My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic". They talked about bronies in the video so I thought I'd watch an episode. First I did research on the characters and found Apple Jack really appealed to me. So the first episode I watched was Apple Buck Season. I found the show wasn't half that bad and decided to see if their was forums for it and well here I am.