• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I became a brony in October 2 years ago. Me and a friend had this competitio to see how many episodes we could watch without stoping. At this time me and my friend fought mlp fim was a girly show, well I was wrong  laugh.png. We only watched one episode, I liked it and my friend did not like it as much. 

I told my friend that when I got home I was going to see the whole first season, HE DIDENT BELIVE ME! Well ewer since a have been stuck with the show and its fandom  happy.png.

I probably became one early this year. I started to watch it when my friend (big brony) started explaining the plot, the characters, and showed me the wiki, so I told him I would try it out (I was sort of neutral at the time). After a few episodes, I was hooked.

It was a long story.... OK it wasn't long.

December 2012

I remember. I was watching CTSG JjayJoker and Dudul (polish youtubers) singing opening. They like it, so i should also like it. My first ep. was S01E06 (of course in polish). I didn't like it (mayby, beacuse i was stopping video every 20 s, and look did anybody is coming to my room). Then i watched S01 E01 and S02 and after watching i was like:

This

Is

AWESOME !

Now i am a brony.

Ps. One of reasons beacuse i was stoping video every 20 s was Polish dubbing. It's teribble on polish standards. (Standard polish dubbing - King Julien from Madagascar) I think the worst in polish dub is Rarity and Rainbow Dash.

It was a long story.... OK it wasn't long.

December 2012

I remember. I was watching CTSG JjayJoker and Dudul (polish youtubers) singing opening. They like it, so i should also like it. My first ep. was S01E06 (of course in polish). I didn't like it (mayby, beacuse i was stopping video every 20 s, and look did anybody is coming to my room). Then i watched S01 E01 and S02 and after watching i was like:

This

Is

AWESOME !

Now i am a brony.

Ps. One of reasons beacuse i was stoping video every 20 s was Polish dubbing. It's teribble on polish standards. (Standard polish dubbing - King Julien from Madagascar) I think the worst in polish dub is Rarity and Rainbow Dash.

I became a brony in late January to early February. My friend told me to watch the show and I did. Since I love cartoons so much I was more than willing to give it a proper chance. Also I knew very little about the fandom at the time to which allowed me to not have any negative bias toward the show before I began watching it.

I don't really remember all the details, but I remember having the random, incomprehensible urge to start watching to show. I started by doing some minor research about the show, and the whole, "brony" thing, and I was immensely intrigued in the community. I started watching MLP a few months ago, and I was pretty much hooked from the start. Not a hint of doubt was coursing through my body when I watched that first episode. Pure magic.

I am now an avid fan of the series, (though, not the most dedicated) and I love being a part of the community. It's truly something special.

• Brohoof 1

I officially joined the herd about November last year. Until then I'd read a lot about the fandom and internet stuff about it but was hesitant to join. Since I joined I haven't regretted it.

Let's see if I can remember correctly...
I recall seeing a bunch of pastel-colored horses a bit everywhere around DA and really didn't pay much attention to it. That is until an artist of mine posted a warning of "the plague" where showing even the mildest interest is enough to convert anyone. I decided to stay on the hater side though not spamming the brony anythings (except for that Sandvich video parodying the Cupcake song where I watched it three times before understanding the reference) and when I did, it wasn't a serious attack and I'd know when to stop (including parodying the Demoman's line at the end of his meet the team video while playing as a Demoman that Halloween.)

Near the end of November 2011, I decided that the show MAY not be that bad (it appeared in the "mind rape" section on tvtropes) and decided to watch it after my finals. It was on December 22nd 2011 at around 7:00 that I gave the first episode a watch. 10 minutes. 10 minutes is all it took (with the help of the drinking game with the 1 bottle of Smirnoff.) I've watched nearly all the episodes except the ones where I knew things weren't gonna end well (Show Stoppers, Over a Barrel and Sweet and Elite, though I've watched the later two.)

(edited)

I became a brony in the end of April, this year, I don't really know what day it was. I was curious why do so many people like this show, so I watched the first episode, then second and so on. And I liked it very much.

Edited by ~Luna Squee~

(edited)

I became a brony by watching the show out of curiosity due to the bronies I see walking around school. So I talk to my friend Cole later that day at his house. I ask him why people like My Little Pony. He said to me "I don't know." So I ask him if he wants to watch the first episode, and see what happens to us. He agreed -Little do I know he's already a "secretive brony". As soon as it started, and as it told the story of Celestia and Luna. It was so girly to me I was ashamed to even watch it. When it got to the theme song I was like *DX* "Skip it!!!" As we watched it we got to Pinky Pie (I swear if I heard her voice for more then 5 seconds it made me wanna shoot myself lmfao, but not anymore). After we got done watching it, I wanted to say "I watch the next episode" -And I did. He said "I KNOW RIGHT!" And that's when he admitted to me that he was already a secretive brony. I rushed home, and watch the rest of season 1. I later made this account, and made a lot of new friends that are awesome and that I would take a bullet for. Then I realized that bronies aren't what people say they are ,they are really nice, kind, and loving people, and they will stick with you no matter what. You learn that they will be some of the best and coolest friends you will ever make in your entire life. If someone makes fun of you for being a brony remember that you have something they don't ... And that's a Heart.

To all my best friends I've made on here, especially my coolest friend Luna Forever aka Josh.

Sincerely yours - Luke Williams

Edited by X-Ray
  • Brohoof 12

I became a brony by watching the show out of curiosity due to the bronies I see walking around school. So I talk to my friend Cole later that day at his house. I ask him why people like My Little Pony. He said to me "I don't know." So I ask him if he wants to watch the first episode, and see what happens to us. He agreed -Little do I know he's already a "secretive brony". As soon as it started, and as it told the story of Celestia and Luna. It was so girly to me I was ashamed to even watch it. When it got to the theme song I was like *DX* "Skip it!!!" As we watched it we got to Pinky Pie (I swear if I heard her voice for more then 5 seconds it made me wanna shoot myself lmfao). After we got done watching it, I wanted to say "I watch the next episode" -And I did. He said "I KNOW RIGHT!" And that's when he admitted to me that he was already a secretive brony. I rushed home, and watch the rest of season 1. I later made this account, and made a lot of new friends that are awesome and that I would take a bullet for. Then I realized that bronies aren't what people say they are ,they are really nice, kind, and loving people, and they will stick with you no matter what. You learn that they will be some of the best and coolest friends you will ever make in your entire life. If someone makes fun of you for being a brony remember that you have something they don't ... And that's a Heart.

To all my best friends I've made on here, especially my coolest friend Luna Forever aka Josh.

Sincerely yours - Luke Williams

thats quite a story, and a funny one at that, ill admit pinkie pie irritated me at first too lol, but now i just find my self going "goddamnit  pinkie" and laughing so hard xD 

anyways its great to know you too your awsome! *brohoof* /)

• Brohoof 2

I made to show that bronies are just like everyone else, and in some cases ever better, and to show how loyal they are to you, and will always be there for you.

• Brohoof 1

Best part about reading this is, this is exactly what happened to two of my best friends. We watched the first episode and they were like, "WTF did I just watch?" and I just said, "Wanna wathc the next episode?" then they responded with a hell yeah.

• Brohoof 2

I was curious as to why i liked the show at first, but i just accepted myself as a brony and slowly came out of the closet about it. I shortly discovered there are more bronies out there than you think. I knew five and I didn't know until I told them I liked the show. Now I have not only converted the least likely of people, but I have made life-long friends along the way. You're right when you say that people look at us as weirdos the stay in their basements everyday, don't see the sunlight at all, when that's NOTHING as to who we are! And I'm going to be completely honest here, if it wasn't for My Little Pony, I first off, wouldn't be as happy as I am today, and second I wouldn't have my boyfriend. we met THROUGH PONIES, and have a strong relationship, that I'm very proud of. And yes, as annoying a Pinkie Pie was at first, I looked at her and though "lol that's me" xD I made this account not al that long ago (compared to other on the site) and I've made close friends young and old that are some of the friendliest people I've ever met. DXSilverX  up there is one of them! This is an amazing story, and a funny one at that, and I'm glad you took the time to share with everyone :D 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

That's great I wish more people would come out and tell there story on how they became a brony! As for me my best friend told me about it and so I said what the hey I'll give it a shot and well I LOVE IT and still do to this day. Love it so much I got Princess Luna's cutie marks tattooed on my hips, and her necklace around my neck and got her sleeping on a moon on my back. so yeah I love MLP some say a little to much I say "not enough"....

Edited by xPrincess Lunax
  • Brohoof 2

I totally feel for you X-Ray, I felt that story was my experience in the sense of curiosity, however I am the only brony I know the internet is the only place I feel I can talk about my little pony and have the confidence that they know what I am talking about, so I'd like to thank this X-Ray for friending me. You see I am not a social brony I am an enclosed brony to the world with the exception of my family and my mother's boss. But I have fair money but not enough to go to Bronycon or any other conventions though I would like to meet other bronies and know their real names, work with them on stories and music. I am still stumped with music my brother might help me but that will be useless. I need other bronies to help. But thanks X-Ray for friending me. Just thanks I feel you are different.           

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That's great I wish more people would come out and tell there story on how they became a brony! As for me my best friend told me about it and so I said what the hey I'll give it a shot and well I LOVE IT and still do to this day. Love it so much I got Princess Luna's cutie marks tattooed on my hips, and her necklace around my neck and got her sleeping on a moon on my back. so yeah I love MLP some say a little to much I say "not enough"....

Tattooed on your hips... Dat kicks ass i wish I had a gf that had that lol that would be the coolest thing ever XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD It would

Edited by X-Ray
  • Brohoof 1

Well to be honest, I had no idea I was getting into something that would effect my life when I started watching the show. It started when my 19 year old sister and all her 20+ year old friends all got together and started watching it as a joke and ended up really liking it. I was thinking nothing of it at this point, but I had told myself I would check it out... I never really did. About halfway through the school year, one of my former friends had started talking about the show, being curious of what he was talking about, I asked him.  He said that he was talking about this one show about ponies. I still didn't think much of the show, up until I say it on the recently watched section on netflix. I watched the first episode and I really liked it! I ended up watching season one in about three days time. I was addicted to MLP. I started looking for merc the I could buy on amazon. I actually had a connection to some of the characters, and  some of the situations I had gone through. It made me learn to love myself for who I was and tolerate people in my life I couldn't stand. It had actually helped me with some of my anger problems that I only knew I had. I had literally thought of hurting my sister severly in the past, these thoughts were soon starting to disappear. I returned to school to tellall my "friends" of the gem of a show I had found, they laughed at me and started to talk to me less and treat me as an outcast. I few of my friends actually supported me though this and I eventually showed them the show and both of them are also bronies as well.This simple tv show helped me seperate my true friends from fakes, who would abandon me at the first sign of displease. The show changed my life for the better and made me realize something I hadn't really thought of before, be yourself and don't let anyone stop you from doing just that. Sorry for going off topic but I just wanted to put that.

• Brohoof 1

Quite the story I must say, yeah pinkie is a bit annoying at first, but I think she becomes pretty funny and awesome after a little bit.

And wohoo a friend of Luna Forever's :D. Always glad to see a new face! Hope you''ll be in the fandom for a good while :).

Quite the story I must say, yeah pinkie is a bit annoying at first, but I think she becomes pretty funny and awesome after a little bit.

And wohoo a friend of Luna Forever's :D. Always glad to see a new face! Hope you''ll be in the fandom for a good while :).

Lol I've been in the fandom for about a month or two now, and I started to stop watching mlp (don't hate me xD) after I found some stuff hidden in the show. If u wanna know what they r just search up my other topic called "subliminal messages in mlp" it's shocking

• Brohoof 1

Interesting story, though I must disagree with you on the annoyingness of Pinkie Pie; she's just too funny to ever annoy me to any extent.

Well, I don't think that's entirely true, before I became a brony I figured that they must have been enjoying something slightly worthwhile(although I had no idea the fanbase was as big as it is at the time), but yeah, in order to truly understand why people like something in general you need to experience it yourself, and I agree this is truer in My Little Pony than most things. Very nice story there as well. :)

• Brohoof 1

@,

Wonderful story :). I have merged your topic with an older one for sharing how we became bronies, as this was the subject of your thread and others were beginning to share their stories as well.

And it's true, it is difficult to understand the appeal of the show until you've taken the time to check it out and understand what makes it so great.

(edited)

Once I was surfing Youtube when I was forced my little pony's Canterlot wedding trailer I went weeks without being curious, however after a week or so, so once I watched one episode I was not sure what to think so I slept on it. When I woke up I watched another episode that's when I realized I was a brony granted I never heard of bronies until I watched Youtube videos about the show. About a month later I started writing fan fiction. Now here I am. 

Edited by Agent Smith