• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

When i first discovered it i just saw all these random pony pictures and such popping up on different websites, and i was like wth..xD I didn't pay much heed to it, but when i learned that someone as old as me actually liked the show i became somewhat of a hater blush.png I drew something and said some nasty things that i all regret, and after another while i saw much more content popping up on places like youtube and deviantart. The fanart was all pretty good, and i began by listening to some mlp remixes, i hadn't heard the original songs, but some of the fanmade music was dang good and catchy. And then after some MORE time, i finally decided to challenge my masculinity and watch the show happy.png So i had seen some guys on youtube first that talked about how it was when they first watched the show, "So i saw the first episode, but it was a two parter so i just had to see the second...and at late night i had watched the entire first season and I'm like..what is my life?!" xD And i was so surprised when that happened to me as well! 8D I didn't watch the entire first season tough, i watched like..seven or eight episodes i think, but i had an awesome time watching it for the first time and i was just hooked img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• Brohoof 1

Can't say I remember the exact month, but for quite sometime the mere mention of the show or it's fans brought my blood to a boil. It was during that first season when the internet was just FLOODED with MLP related stuff and the ugly side of the fandom was the loudest. They still are, but thankfully the hullabaloo has calmed down enough that I could poke my head in

Well, It was about a year ago. I remember I was up late one night watching YouTube on my tv, and I for a while I would stumble on videos such as The "Team Fortress 2 - Sandviches!" (If you don't know it, I'll put a link in at the bottom),

Now up until this point, I hadn't seen very many things that related to "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" so I never knew this was a big reference to Pinkie Pie's Cupcake song, and never thought anything of it. Then I found a video titled "Hitler becomes a Brony" (I'd link it, but I can't find it ), after watching it, I thought, "Well I think its time to see what this is all about"

So I put on the very first  episode. The intro song came on and for a girly as it sounded, I had to pause the video, and I thought to myself "What the hell am I doing?" But I pushed through. It got me interested, and since it was a two parter that left on a cliffhanger, I figured I'd watch the second part to find out what happens. Then I watched another, then another. 

I continued watching a couple episodes and finally realized that, it was actually pretty good! I Liked it! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAGB11YrSs&oq=sandvic&gs_l=youtube..0.5j0l9.117.3638.0.4676.11.9.1.0.0.0.184.1212.2j7.9.0.eytns%2Cpt%3D-40%2Cn%3D2%2Cui%3Dt.1.0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube._WfxyZJKq_E

Its weird but I became one after watching a Sparta remix of applejack firing off rainbow dash on the YouTube channel of theluigifan007. I was like its ponies but it actually made me laugh and the beat was Jesus. So I found the first episode and surprised at myself got hooked on it. Finished seasons 1 and 2 and eagerly waited for season 3 to start. This was around November 2012.

I became a brony on my schools music trip to boston. what happened one night after the awards ceremony where the annouced our place on the leaderboads they had later on during the dance alot of people started dirty dancing so i left in disgust when into my room i found my roomies watching my little pony Fim,they showed me the episode where Fluttershy kills a bear and i was hooked ever since.

• Brohoof 1

I believe I was watching a Minecraft stream (Bad-ass, I know), and someone onthe stream brought up Bronies and then started channeling his hatred for them.. I mean, he reaaaallllyyy hated Bronies. In fact, someone built a pony shape outside of his 'house' and he left the stream entirely.
I then found out what a brony was and I remember thinking 'Well, if so many older males like the show, there must be something in it to enjoy', but still never really took much interest.

THEN I saw Blunty3000 (A person I'm subscribed to on Youtube) upload a video about his love for MLP and why he likes it so much, which raised my curiosity even more.

So I thought 'Oh alright, I'll watch one episode'
So I watched the first episode..
Then the next few episodes..
Then the first two seasons..
And fell in love with it..
And have been a fan ever since

I believe that was in June or July last year

Well, I think I saw the show for the first time almost a year ago. I hadn't seen that many references or pony memes, but at almost the exact same time Kevin Bolk started making references to the show in his webcomics and a zelda abridged series maker on youtube who I really liked, Xanauzumaki, made a video about Navi from his abridged OOT vs Pinkie Pie, and I thought it must be a new meme or something. I was partly curious, but not really enough to check out an episode for myself (although I may have eventually as the series grew more popular) since the show was not aired in the UK, and I'd absolutely hated MLP as a child.

Then, as luck would have it, I ended up off sick with a bad, probably judgement inducing cold on the same day that Boomerang was airing the pilot episode. I caught the very end of it, and that prompted me to look the rest of the episode up online so that I could better understand the appeal of the show. Of course, the pilot ends on a cliffhanger, so I had to at least watch the next episode and see what happens. Then my family went to stay at my grandparents in Ireland, and, with nothing else to do, I ended up doing a marathon of most of season one on my phone.

I quickly started looking for memes and the like online, and began calling myself a brony for a while on the internet rather zealously, thinking the whole thing was meant to be ironic. I stopped considering myself a brony after a couple of months though due to getting exposed a bit too much to the rather more rabid side of the fandom (not the dark stuff like cloppers necessarily, just the people who have to bring ponies into everything even when it's completely unrelated, froth at the mouth if someone so much as politely says "I don't think this show is my cup of tea, thank you very much" and obsess constantly to the point that they will shove little girls out of the way to nab the last Fluttershy toy in a shop). At the time, I did not realise this was actually a minority within the fandom, and I was anxious not to be associated with bronies at all, so I simply watched the show and looked up the occasional meme in silence.

Of course, my love of the show quickly stopped being "Ironic" and became genuine, I stopped seeing brony musicians, artists etc. as obsessed and started seeing them as talented, and before I knew it I'd joined the forums and started calling myself a brony again, and this time really meaning it. :)

Wow, what a long winded wall of text. Oops.

I became a brony in the April of 2011. Hurricane Fluttershy was the first episode I watched. I was introduced to the show via a few other communities and it's been love ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone Atom here. I've created this thread so I can learn about my fellow bronies here on MLP forums. I have some questions about MLP and you all :) So first of all how did you each first get into My Little Pony? Feel free to ask me or others questions. Open discussion really :)

Well, I already explained it in my About Me, so, I'll copy and paste. 

I was a pegasister since about November of last year. I became a pegasister because I actually used to be a directioner and their act was getting old. I was browsing the biggest fandoms in the world, and I noticed the "Bronydom" was one of the biggest. So I thought, "Well, this is lame. A bunch of people like PONIES." I didn't think that many people would like it, so I watched the first two episodes of My Little Pony. At first, I was really hesitant to let people know that I've become a pegasister, since I was embarrassed. I've been a lot more open and I converted about 5 people in my life to be dedicated to ponies.

My story is on my profile so you can check it out if you want more detail. In a nut shell, Screwattack's Death Battle show is what got me into MLP. There is an episode where Starscream from Transformers fights Rainbowdash where of course dashie kicks his ass. I was seeing a lot of comments about rainbowdash so I searched for rainbowdash on youtube. I ended up watching episode 16 of season 1 where the gang when to cloudsdale to see rainbowdash compete in the flyer competition. I ended up liking the episode and watched more. The rest is history.

I think you should share too :P

Well, my friend, Maria (I love you xD) she was into My Little Pony WAY before me. And I'm just like "Well, maybe I should give the show a chance". So I watched the first episode and BAM, Addicted. 

Best story ever. :D 

Ahhhh I see very interesting :) well I was seeing threads about MLP on a different website and decided to one day check it out. At first I was listening to the music and then I started to watch the episodes and now I'm just loving it :D None of my friends know that I'm a Brony though :( it's a shame they may even like MLP ;) so the ladies that like MLP are called pegasisters? I was wondering what they called themselves. One other question, within MLP the males are colts and the females are mares? Just need to clarify, thanks. Nice talking :)

My girlfriend got me into MLP. She forced me into watching an episode and I just fell in love. I watched the three seasons without a break and now she hates that I'm so into it. I must say, the community is the best part of MLP for me!

I was on a forum and we loved making bad threads a pony thread (trolling is phun) but I wasn't a Brony at the time.

Somebody had uploaded the whole first season (Yes, it was a piracy forum) so I decided to give it a go. mlp-pido.png

One other question, within MLP the males are colts and the females are mares? Just need to clarify, thanks. Nice talking :)

I'm sure that adult males are stallions, adult females are mares, male children are colts and female children are foals.

I think that's how it goes... mlp-pcontent.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Awww how sweet Kaz :) and oh right cool :) I'm probably gonna get the seasons on DVD and watch them from beginning to end :D I've watched quite a few wpisode just not all :( ahhhh ok then. Thanks for clearing that with me :) so, since the is a question thread xD , are there any ladies (or should I say mares :) ) here on MLP forums? ;D

Edited by Atom Flash

I saw it all over the internet and decided to give it a try one day. Needless to say, I loved it and became a big fan. It was so colorful, appealing, funny, and the characters were likable. Also, the show had one of my favorite villains and my most favorite pony of all. :D

Whose's your favourite pony then SmartyPants? Mine's Twilight :) and no worries Kaz and ok I understand :) but I will most likely buy then on DVD and watch them whenever I like. And if I get a friend into MLP I'll have loads of episodes for then too watch :D does anyone have any actually MLP models/toys whatever you'd like to call them :)

Well I already shared how I became a part of what is the best fandom ever. Its on my profile as well but I'll explain again cuz its my cell phone. It was November 2012 and I just started getting into Sparta remixes at the time. I watched one of a scene from Apple Buck season of dashie getting shot off a wood plank by none other than Applejack. I was bored as hell and didn't feel like going out to chill with friends play video games or basketball so I chose to watch mlp. I started from episode one of course thinking it was going to suck a mouthful. Obviously I was completely wrong. I loved it and continued to watch all the way until the mist recent episode. I haven't told my family I am a brony because it would just ruin my reputation due to my sisters big mouth. I'm gonna try and get my best friend to give the show a chance when he comes by my house sometime this summer. Hopefully it works out!

(edited)

@Stars Galaxy ohhhh right :) I just heard more and more about it and one day gave it a chance. And I'm so glad I did :) I too haven't told my family or friends and i wish I could get my friends to like MlP aswell but I don't think they would :( so I daren't tell them incase they laugh at me. Especially if it's my best mates laughing at me ;(

Edited by Atom Flash