• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I watched the first episode after christmas with my new phone before I went to school in 8th grade, now if I did my math right (not good with years), it was 2011, but somehow I doubt that a tiny bit. :/

So late at night 1 September 2012 (Strange date...) I watched 'Assertive Fluttershy' (Randomly picked one) and started liking the show. I found the show by hearing hints here and there and looked at an episode. Bloody brilliant, all I can say.

P.S. the music inspired by the show just about fills up more than 70% or my music library.

I became a Brony (or pegasister) back in July 2013. That was when my parents first divorced and I was forced to stay home and watch my little sister while my mom ran off to SC for her new boyfriend. I encouraged my little sister to watch the show because when I was about 8 I always played with the toys. I found myself watching with her a couple times and I was interested in the character design and how different it was compared to the earlier generations. I eventually began to draw them offensive and soon enough I would find myself watching the show by alone. It was everything to brighten up my summer. I found out about the wonderful community behind it and I was so happy. It felt good to be loved by people who cared <3

Thank all of you :D

At first I was not really interested in ponies, until when... I had already seen some pictures and videos about ponies but didn't care much about them. And that's when it happened. The coolest-looking pony in all of existence had finally appeared before me. And poof, I became a brony.

Yeah, I joined the herd just because of RD xD

I was a full blown hater before joining the herd but after constantly scoffing at it some fan art of my other interests being ponified caught my attention so started looking up more and more then finally gave some eps a chance starting with Luna Eclipsed. Completely sold after that

A few years ago, I happened to see a few MLP:FiM pics/fanart scattered here and there on the web, but didn't pay much attention to it yet, actually...

Then, just nearing the end of the year two years ago, I was introduced to MLP:FiM by my younger sister, who's probably still in the targeted audience at that point in time. I became a little curious, then started watching a little. I just know that at that point in time, Season 2 was still airing though.  :derp: And apparently, I haven't dove into the brony fandom yet, for some reason. 

Then, for the first half of last year, I happened to watch a little more, and started liking the show. (I finished watching all Season 1 and 2 Episodes some time in the middle of the year, actually. I still wasn't much into the fandom yet, just liking the show a little though.) On Facebook, I happened to take notice of a Derpy Hooves page, Rainbow Dash page and the local brony Facebook group as well, which, together with some searching up on my own, helped me to get to know about the brony fandom better. 

Oh, and I discovered that I had a friend who was also a pony-liker then. (We just liked the show, but the both of us didn't consider ourselves bronies until much later. So, and we happened to be quite close in a certain ensemble group in our school, so we did engage in quite a few conversations.)

Then, in October 2011, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and become a brony. I created my OC (Maestro Nepenthes) then as well. However, I couldn't do much then, as it was just before my exam period started, and I was busy with exam preparations. 

After my exams ended in early November 2012, I started joining the Twitterponies roleplaying group (even though I created the Twitter account in October that year), joined the local brony Facebook group proper (I was stalking it a little before I joined it, so I know quite a handful about the stuff there. It was an open group then, btw.  :derp: ) And anyway, I was just in time for Season 3. So, I did watch a few livestreams and early episode uploads. :3

And I happened to come across MLP Forums only two or three months back while searching the web. Turned out that one of my Twitterponies friends has an account here too.  :muffins:  But I only created an account earlier this month. I'm not sure why either. 

So, here's the story of how I became a brony. Probably the first recount of mine on the web, but might not be the last.  :muffins:

Alright, that's probably enough from me. Heh.  :derp:

I first discovered ponies through the Roosterteeth Podcast I remember Michael talking about them and something clicked. Usually I hear stories of how people hear about ponies but think nothing of them, well for me is was different as soon as head about My Little Pony somehow I knew that this was something that I was going to like and sure enough I love it.

And I'm not just a fan but a big MLP supporter it has been a big factor in my life bring me up when I'm down. Now of course I'm not obsessed with it but I do have a few shirts, plushies and backpacks (shirts and backpacks I got from Welovefine) and might still add to my collection.  :P 

I found my pony skin at some point in June. I watched my first episode on youtube for research on a project I was working on at the time and something incredible happened! To my absolute surprise, I fell in love with the characters and the show itself! I've always liked stories and have seen, read, and heard many good and bad. Well from the start I noticed great writing, awesome animation, classic jokes, hilarious references, and outstanding plot and character development along with a timeless moral basis! From that point forward, I became immersed in the show, media, and fans with no disappointment at all! I Love the Brony Community and I Sincerely hope We become Stronger and Closer as the years go by! 

The first episode I ever saw was Winter Wrap Up, a few days after it came out. It looked cute, but I didn't watch any others. Then, around the air date of Return of Harmony Part 1, I decided to watch it, but it was only the first one that was out, and for some reason, I didn't like it. Then, around August 2012, I started watching it again and watching all the episodes. So I became a brony in August of 2012.

Ah, a full story on my escalation into bronyhood would be far too long a story. Let's start from one noteworthy feature:

I love Ace Attorney.

Whilst I traveled YouTube through various AA-related YTPMVs, I discovered "Rainbow Dash objects". Don't ask me hpw, but I immediately recognized it as being MLP. Yet by this time, I had not heard of bronies... not officially anyway. This knowledfe came to me as I further roamed through the MLP YTPMV database.

Then, came a series that won me over:

Turnabout Storm.

Cue my brother's birthday, January 22, 2011. With the celebration of this annual occasion, came many beloved family members, but most notably my Uncle. This Uncle I refer to is a very open-minded individual, and one of the few people directly related to me whom I share interests with. That day, I told him I may be interested in becoming a brony.

"Brohoof."

"What...?"

"Brohoof"

*holds up fist*

"..."

*fistbumps confusedly*

He showed me thay every episode of the show was available on YouTube. He put me on episode 1 and it all went from there.

If I can recall correctly, I randomly decided to watch one MLP Episode, due to hearing about all the hype from mlp. One episode and I was hooked.

Well, I'm pretty sure it was in 2012, but I really have almost no idea what month was it (probably may, but I can't guarantee that). I was introduced to it by a friend of mine (sadly we don't have contact anymore due to other reasons). First I was "are You serious?". I wasn't hater of MLP (I wasn't even aware that it was so popular back then), I just thought he was kidding me when sending an episode of MLP :lol:  But my curiousity was too much too resist, so I watched first episode. Then I watched another. And another. And I've became a brony this way. At first I felt a bit strange, because everyone says it's kids show. But know? I don't think, I care much about that anymore since I'm not the only one, who likes it. 

I became a brony sometime around February 2012, after watching a Teens React video by TheFineBros. It also helped that my best friend is a brony. At this point, I was just watching clips of it online, but never watched a full episode of the show. I stopped going "crazy" over the show for almost a year when in June 2012, Gravity Falls premiered. I then went crazy over that show.

Out of my whole timeline of being a brony, the hardest part was probably when I was on the verge of becoming one, because I would be thinking "I can't watch a show like My Little Pony, that would be embarrassing!". Then I'd be thinking "Am I a brony or not, I haven't watched a whole episode yet."

Anyways, after my hype for both shows went down in late 2012 and early 2013, Gravity Falls was on hiatus and Friendship is Magic was, to be honest, being ignored. Then, in May 2013 when Gravity Falls was on another hiatus, Equestria Girls' first trailer had shown up, then I got crazy over the show again. That led to me watching more episodes than I thought, and I became pretty open about being a brony ever since. I didn't think my hype for the show would last this long, though. I guess it's the fandom that's keeping my hype up now until Season 4 of MLP: FiM and Season 2 of Gravity Falls premiere in late 2013-early 2014. ;)

Edited by FallingBrony

Well I first became a brony in August of 2011.  When I first heard about it, I just thought it was some internet troll and was completely dismissive.  Then, I saw My Little Brony on the Cheezeburger network, got curious then lo and behold.

Huh, coulda sworn I posted in this already. Anyway, I got converted back on the Jurassic Park Legacy forums back around Halloween of 2011. It all started from my natural curiosity about what about this show could possibly be so interesting that people had pony avatar on a Jurassic Park forum. And, of course, I had my reservations considering I was an 18yo dude at the time. One day I ran across a vid titled "Rainbow Dash - You're Gonna Go Far Kid", and I was immediately intrigued by this colorful pony speeding around like she was an F-18. I HAD to watch another pony clip! Then another! And another! And soon I realized I had spent an entire Saturday viewing pony clips! I was a brony!

• Brohoof 1

I was aware of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic TV show, and knew a little bit about the fan base that it had. I never understood then, but accepted that whom ever liked it, had a right to like said show. I wasn't going to judge them for it, because I my self, watch animated shows and films. Well, not for kids around the age of 5 or lower. 

So, a few days, I got curious as to what the big deal was, about this show, and why it gained such a fan base, even fans whom were adults. At the time, I discovered that there was a movie, and I began to think: If this show now has a movie, that must be a big thing right? So, I went on YouTube and decided to watch My Little Pony: Equestria Girls (probably not the best thing to start with, when you introduce your self formerly to it, but I figured the movie was big enough, that it would give me the answer as to why it has such a big fan base). 

After watching the movie, I was impressed on how much it got me to care about the characters, and how deeper it really was. it surprised me. I didn't expect that from such a show, let alone it's movie, but I guess I was raised to think a certain way, I mean, aren't we all? But the songs of the movie got my attention, and were catchy, and I thought the songs were decent. So, with out the film I wouldn't have became a fan, at least I don't think so.

Now look where my watching the movie has led me. I have seen all the current seasons, including the film, and now I have joined a MLP forum. What I like about the show is that it has you care about the characters, some of the songs are decent, and I like to listen to more than once. It teaches good morals, something you don't really find on the Disney Channel anymore. So yeah, what do you like about the show, and how did you end up watching it?

Edited by Copper

I joined the herd around late August 2012. On my birthday in early August my mom jokingly bought me a My Little Pony doll...

Then later that month I started watching because I thought the doll was cute. (Which by the way was Rainbow Dash)

After that, I kept watching it and watching it until I was addicted. Now, all I do is scroll through the forums, buy blind bags, stuffed animals, toys, and shirts of MLP. Now I live and breath MLP. :D

And actually, when I was little, I owned many VHS tapes of other generations of My Little Pony. I used to be in love with it. Well I am again now. Darn you ponies! >:D

Edited by PrincessOfWub

I became a brony early in season one.  I had vagely heard of the show.  On another forum's mlp:fim thread I read about some of the folks who worked on Power Puff Girls were working on the MLP:FIM show so I decided to give it a try.  I went to youtube and started from season 1 up till whatever was the current episode and then decided I liked the show and continued watching it since then.

First I was bretty indifferent towards MLP and didn't really know anything about it at all.

Back in 2011 someone showed me a pony related video and I just thought "mhm, okay". I left it there and didn't really hear anything about the show till June 2012, where I stumbled about a video called Shed.mov. I wasn't prejudiced about ponies, so I just watched it and felt pretty entertained.

About one week later I've got curious about it and it's origin, so I sat down and watched a random episode and thought "Maybe I need to watch it from the beginning to understand it better...".

So at the next weekend I started season one and ended up somewhere around episode six and thought "You know, this is actually not that bad."

At the end of season one my mind told me "It's somehow wrong towatch this, but I just can't explain why it is so good."

So yeah, I continued watching season two and rewatched both seasons multiple times.

That's about it. I never regretted it, to check out what that burlesque little animation was about and probably won't so in the future.

I'm rather glad my curiosity overwhelmed me, since it opened me a way to join one of the best, no, probably the best fandom of them all.

Back in june of 2011 I was just browsing memebase when I came across a captioned image of Rainbow Dash. The character design intrigued me, so I looked it up. When I realised it is from MLP I was a bit confused. So I decided to give it a try. As soon I noticed the name Lauren Faust I got excited. Watched the first episode, then second (since it is a two-parter) and then the whole season. So yeah, I guess I can say that I was hooked when I first watched the opening episodes.  :)

• Brohoof 1

As I recall it was sometime in October, 2012. Thus I've been a brony for almost 11 months. It feels like it was so much longer though. I've just made so many good brony-related memories since then.  :)

My lil Sis watched MLP in Polish, and once I was sitting on the sofa and MLP came on the TV, I'm like Okay, I used to watch this when I was little so I'll give it a try. Next thing you know, I'm on youtube trying to watch as many Polish vids as possible, then deciding Ill give the English version. That was It. I was Bronyfied.  :lol: