• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

Huh, I  just realised that I answered the 'when' but I didn't answer the 'how'!  My bad!  Let's do that now, shall we?

Well, first of all my cousin became a brony.  We play PC games with each other all the time so eventually one night he calls me on Skype and says "Hey, join my server."  He was playing Gmod, so I hop on.  The server is called "GCinema", the concept is basically there are a bunch of rooms that have large screens in them, and players can find an empty room and upload YouTube videos to the screen and watch them.  So my cousin uploads the first two episodes of FiM.  At first I was like, "uh-huh, cool I guess", and that's how it stayed for the next six months.  But then as college rolled around I began to get incredibly over-stressed, so I tried to find some relief.  I turned to TV shows and after going through some pretty sub-par shows (No Ordinary Family, American Horror Story, etc) I found MLP:FiM on Netflix....  Yeah, three hours later, I was decidedly hooked!

for me it must have been august 2011. i saw all of season one on youtube and started waiting for season 2 on the tv which acording to wikipedia was on september 17th 2011. I became a brony after hearing nightmare moon laugh. twilight sparkle was saying big words in the begining of the first of the first episode which was a hint this show was different in the best way possible. After nightmare moon laughed i was hooked. By winter wrap up i was a full blown brony.

Well,I became a brony not to long ago actually. Back in August is when I started to become obsessed for My Little Pony. I had been hearing about My Little Pony on few different places,so I decided to check it out. When I first saw the show,I was like "Oh my goodness,who can even watch this stuff?!" then,I watched it some more,and I started to like it. Now,I'm a brony. I had only joined this forum today,so I had joined...on September 2013.

Edited by MainecoonCatLover90
  • Brohoof 1

I had been a casual fan until discovering the wonderful Season Three Overview video that Digibrony did. 

Then, I found myself watching every episode to hear what he and BronyCurious had to say about it. I found that along with their analyses, I loved the show itself, and I evolved into having my own theories and headcanons and then suddenly... I was a brony (pegasister, whatever). Thanks YouTube! :D

• Brohoof 1

really... just recently... it all started with a really cute short girl in one of my classes. the teacher let us show our favorite music video to the class, and she was really happy and stuff about it. walks up to the front of the class, enteres in the video/song, and plays something by " Wooden Toaster " . she was smiling at first, but everyone started makeing fun of her as it played and showed ponies :( ... i liked the song and animation really, and felt bad about how she got talked down to by everyone else for it... so i went home, listened to every song by that artist :) just to let her know it was alright to show it, and it was honestly good :D in the procces of all this, i got into the show, then fandom, now this !

• Brohoof 2

I was a hater D:

Sort of I didn't do much hating but I thought it was really stupid I was a bit new to the Internet so I wasn't quite as sure what to expect as I am now (clueless)

After a while I thought I might as well watch the show so I could honestly say it isn't some magical thing that catches your brain and enslaves you because that would be impossible...

:/ so yeah

I'm fairly certain my already tiny bit of mental stability was demolished when that happened

Oh well I have ponies :D

Around april 2013 I was play COD on xbox with my younger bro. One of his friends had a really cute fluttershy sleeping picture for his player card. First I was confused and started laughing. I was like dude thats awesome. He didnt really explain why he had it I assumed he was trolling. Then a while later my bro had applebloom playercard and I was confused. Then him and his friend were having a in depth discussion about mlp. I was like are you guys serious? I hated mlp g1-3 so much I used to destroy my sisters dolls when I was a lil brat. They convinced me to watch it so I did and I watched the episode were spike tries to hang out with the dragons. I was like ehhhh its not to bad and I thought pinkie pie was funny so I then watched party of one and then I was HOOKED. Now ive watched all the episodes and unfortunately equestria girls. My family members are so confused when me and my bro are trading mlp cards and discussing episodes and season 4.

I believe it happened in spring, surely in 2011. I was searching for something related to the powerpuff girls and found out that Faust was working on MLP. I basically grew up with MLP when I was a kid so you can imagine the excitement I felt.

Well for me it was kinda weird...

Like, I heard about the show's launch, and I saw a ton of stuff online about it.

I wanted to give it a try but I was kinda like..."eh...I don't wanna get hooked on it...I'm already enough of a nerd as it is."

I felt the same way about it as I do minecraft...I don't wanna get into it, because I'm afraid it'll take over my life etc etc.

So I stayed away for a while...

My wife watched the show and loved it...(She saw up until season two, and didn't see 3 until I became a brony) and she was trying to

get me into it...I was still hesitant, so I didn't watch...but still...the idea remained in the back of my head.

This past year, I started seeing more and more memes, and then, I saw a let's play of "The small horse" amnesia series...and that

hooked me...I was like..."okay...this is awesome enough...I suppose it's time to take a look at what the game is based off of..."

I was again...super hesitant to watch the first episode...but I finally gave it a chance...and wow...I was blown away...

Before I knew it, I was watching episode 2, then 3, then 4 etc...and I got scared...I was like..."wow...this is good...but does this make

me a brony?"...and then season one was finished, and I was like..."yeah...I have to be...there's no way I'm not! I love this show!" So I

confessed my brony-dom to my wife, and she was ecstatic about it! So since then, we've been watching/rewatching episodes

together, and enjoying the show immensely. I regret absolutely nothing except for wishing I had joined the show earlier...It's

something that makes me happy in a way a show has never made me happy before!

• Brohoof 1

I became a brony on 2/27/11 and i was about to comit suicide i was severly depressed after my brother died and nothing was pulling me out of my hole so i decided oh what the hell ill try this gay a$$ show before i end it might as well. Then it hit me this was a sensational show it was happy i started feeling better it was a My Little Pony marithon at was about 25 episodes i beleive and i watched them all and after it was done i didnt feel as depressed and after 3 months i was better this show literaly saved me from ending my life.

Brony4life

I started identifying as a brony probably about December 2012. There was this one kid in my German class, one grade above me, who never went anywhere without his "Join the Herd" sweatshirt. So one day, when my parents had gone to dinner by themselves, I turned on Netflix and started watching My Little Pony, thinking, "That dude liked it, it can't be that bad". I watched 6 episodes by the time my parents came home. I never got to tell them I was a brony because as soon as they walked in the door, my little brother (whom I utterly detest) said "Hey mom, Connor watched My Little Pony the whole time. That hater. I watched an episode or two every once in a while, but it wasn't until Christmas break I started watching it nonstop. I watched the rest of Season 1, and after that the rest of the series, in about three days. It wasn't until after I finished Season 3 that I started getting involved on the online community, though.

Im fairly new i joined i started watching mlp in early august and by mid august i started looking for more mlp videos ( fanmade ones) 

and i think about ponies all the time.. stuck in my head FOREVER. still exploring more mlp stuff and still loving it

all hail the goddess empress of ponykind

At the end of 2010, I was browsing through FA,DA and saw these pony pictures popping up and I thought "Is this a meme or something?" then through march 2011, I found out more about it and said "Oh it's a show. Alright let me see what the fuss is about" Then I ended up watching the whole entire season that year. It inspired me to write again.

I became a brony in January of 2012.  I decided I wanted to figure out what all these MLP references were that I was seeing online, and why people were making memes and rage comics and all that about MLP.  

I grew up watching the show back in the 80s and 90s (Does that give away my age??!), and I used to collect them!  Of course, as a teenager, I got over that phase, and throughout college and my early 20s I just completely forgot about them.  

But anyway, I started watching the first episodes of the show on my iPod at work (it was really slow and I worked in a salon at the time), and I just instantly became hooked!  Not only was my childhood coming back to me, it was coming back in more awesome ways than before!  I was impressed with the animation and the characters, and I was really REALLY impressed with the writing and how it didn't talk down to the audience ("on the precipice of disaster", anyone?).  I was a brony from that day on, and I never turned back.

I met some awesome bronies in my then hometown of Bloomington, IN, which is a college town.  I loved them instantly.  Unfortunately, some things happened and we drifted apart.  And now I've moved to a different place, where bronies are quite scarce and not exactly seen out in public like they would be in Bloomington.  I know they're out there, though, and I have to keep trying to find them :)

On July 15th 2012. I was just browsing Youtube one day, and there was a thumbnail of a rainbow-maned cyan blue pegasus. Curiously, I clicked it. It was the You're Gonna Go Far Kid, Rainbow Dash version. I watched the whole thing and enjoyed it. Strangely, I never thought it was "gay" or "queer" that I saw this and liked it. I was intrigued, and wanted to watch some more so I then watched the Rainbow Dash Stole the 20% Cooler Thing. Again, I loved it.

Within two hours after watching that first video, I was hooked. I still didn't know where it came from, though. A few days later, on Cheezburger, I found my answer. So, I watched an episode, and a brony was born. I believe Bridle Gossip was my first episode. It's been a wild ride, filled with so many awesome moments and experiences. I don't regret joining this fandom in the slightest, and I know I'll be here for a while.

• Brohoof 1

I can't remember the month but I know I became a brony between seasons 1 and 2. I had seen it everywhere and what finally convinced me to watch it was when one of my favorite youtubers (Abyssionxx) became a brony and I accidentally clicked on one of his favorites. It happened to be a video of the cmc theme. I was hooked from that moment on. (Btw he isn't a brony anymore for reasons idk) I spent the next day (I was "sick" and couldn't go to school) watching all of season 1 on YouTube.

Before I became a brony I had about 3 friends who were bronies who were talking about the show...Then I got interested.Had the next weekend free for myself the following week that I got interested in the show.I said to myself, I'll watch the two parter in season 1 my friends told me about.The suppose to be two parter ended up turning into a Season 1 marathon that weekend.

Might not remember the whole thing but here we go...

Up until early 2011, I didn't know about the whole Brony phenomenon . My first exposure to the phenomenon was in March of that year when a YouTube user I like had his channel flooded with pony videos. That turned me off and it made me want to avoid the show like the plague. It also didn't help that at the time, I was EXTREMELY cynical and closed minded. Fast forward to September and October, I watched a user's positive review on the show as well many fan videos. My interest grew and grew until finally I decided to watch the first two-episodes. I haven't looked back since.

I shoved my pride deep down my gullet, and asked my sister what she wanted to play! She said she wanted me to watch ponies. I heard Kevin smith's interview with Tara strong prior to that, and I decided it couldn't do any harm. The episode was lesson zero. 'Nuff said.

It all started with *shivers* cupcakes. then I was to scared to take showers so I checked out the mlp show hoping it would help with the fear, it did and I loved it it was awesome but I still have not eaten a cupcake since