• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

This was around the time I came across serious fan works so I wanted to join in and make things like art on Deviant Art and fanfiction in various fan sites.

Needless to say I got sucked in. though it wasn't exclusively for mlp.

I was chillin' and my now 18 year old brother was playing really awful music... then he turned it off and said to come to him. so I went up to him and he was like "check dis out" and I saw the title on YT, apple.mov... and I did chuckle a bit. I thought it was kinda funny. so then he had brought up another video "mlp;fim s1 e1 and I was like mlp? what does that stand for -.- and he went "my little pony friendship is magic" and at the time if I didn't like it I hated it, so I was an unconverted hater without realising it. so I got through the first two episodes and I went to my bro: "Dude this isn't that bad!" so I watched half the season 1 and I was a brony... but I was afraid to tell anyone but fellow online bronies or my brother. I kind of felt angry at my brother for converting me because I still have a bit of hater juice in the mix... but i'm about 99% brony but only 10% confident of telling someone else... but if I don't then It kinda eats me up inside.

I don't know the date I became a brony because it all happened fast and in a day.

And that is my story of how I became a brony, thank you

• Brohoof 1

I was chillin' and my now 18 year old brother was playing really awful music... then he turned it off and said to come to him. so I went up to him and he was like "check dis out" and I saw the title on YT, apple.mov... and I did chuckle a bit. I thought it was kinda funny. so then he had brought up another video "mlp;fim s1 e1 and I was like mlp? what does that stand for -.- and he went "my little pony friendship is magic" and at the time if I didn't like it I hated it, so I was an unconverted hater without realising it. so I got through the first two episodes and I went to my bro: "Dude this isn't that bad!" so I watched half the season 1 and I was a brony... but I was afraid to tell anyone but fellow online bronies or my brother. I kind of felt angry at my brother for converting me because I still have a bit of hater juice in the mix... but i'm about 99% brony but only 10% confident of telling someone else... but if I don't then It kinda eats me up inside.

I don't know the date I became a brony because it all happened fast and in a day.

And that is my story of how I became a brony, thank you

Yeah, that feeling doesn't go ever away entirely... ;) But welcome to the herd, in any case. Thanks for sharing your brony story with us! :D

I fell in love with it around August 27th 2013, it was getting to the end of the summer and I got really bored, and was looking thorugh minecraft forums and Youtube, I felt like everywhere I went on the internet there was at least a Brony on every forum and website, so then I saw an ad from google showing the typical MLP picture of the mane six all standing together. So then I searched MLP episode 1 season 1, and now here I am on the forums. :D

Short version: I decided to download and watch MLP in April 2012 (forgot the day), and I loved it, because they are soooo.... CUTE!

Long version: 

It happened way back, about 3 years ago. I was scrolling down my facebook homepage until I saw this image of Rainbow Dash saluting and a bright blue background, I thought, "The hell is this... a horse?" after that I ignored it further on until around six to eight months later, I saw a pony drawn the same way like the MLP generation 4 but only this time, it was an emo-pony, that hnnggg symptom caused by cuteness was starting to kick in that day, but I simply ignored it again. 

Time skip to March 2012, I don't know what came over me,I decided to search for Rainbow Dash's picture, I typed in 'rainbow ponies' since I don't know what the real name was and I found out about it. And finally on April 2012, I began to watch MLP hence I became a brony and joined this forum in August.

Well, at one point in my life, the little girl that lives inside my head was like, "HEY, let's watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!", and I was like, "sure thing, demon girl that whispers things to me!"

So, I did. My life has been going downhill since. But there's an amusement park made of cotton candy and dreams at the bottom of the hill. so it's not too bad. In fact, this hill is overrated, COM'ERE, COTTON CANDY LAND!

Edited by Rinku

Some time in February, it's hard to tell. In 2012, me and my friend said to each other "I bet I can put up with watching My Little Pony longer than you," and sense we're the most childish 20 year olds in the world, I took him up on it. After we watched the episode, I felt an urge to watch it again at some point. That's all she wrote XD

• Brohoof 1

I dont remember what month but i remember what year c: my first favorite pony was rainbow dash now its(well.. i love fluffe puff to but of the mane six)

1.-Fluttershy

2.-Pinkie pie

3.-Rainbow dash

I became a brony back early 2012 i was a random video spree on youtube and i found my little pony. At first i thought it rather silly but once i saw the first episode i felll in love the show. It was freakin epic! Stayed up all night watching season 1. Time well spent!

Ironically, i was looking at the top viewed YouTube videos of the day back in January, I saw JanAnimations Demo reel (Which I only saw because it had invader zim on it derpy_emoticon2.png ) And saw some MLP stuff, intrigued I looked up an episode on YouTube. I saw the two opening songs to Magical Mystery Cure, I was hooked, but then noticed it was the season three finale, so I started at the beginning. And thus became a Brony. happy.png

I've told my story somewhere before, but I've been aware of the show just a month after it came out, in October 2010.  I had recently discovered the country simulator site NationStates, and was happily running my country, when I noticed a couple of nations were creating pony-themed nations with great reviews of the show, so I naturally was interested.  I stalked the MLP:FiM forum there for a year without posting anything.  I also researched the show on TVTropes to get a feel for what it was about.  What I read was interesting.

Sometime in February 2012 I finally decided to watch the first episode.  I stopped it halfway through because I thought the pacing was terrible and the music was corny.  I didn't watch another episode until July, when I skipped to The Ticket Master which overcame the flaws of the first episode.  I watched some more and I declared myself a brony after watching Dragonshy and Bridle Gossip.

Well officially start calling my self Brony when join this forum. However been into MLP stuff longer than that. I would say I start watching show abut start of this year, and from there on. I start liking MLP more and more, asswell as it fandom. But trust me. I thought hard and long abut the aspect of begin brony.

So finely comming around thought calling myself it, didn't come likely our easy too me. But after allot of thought said to myself. Hack with it! Lets just go with it seen where it takes me. And how know might be able meet new friends along the way. biggrin.png

October 20, 2012 (Yes I remember the exact date)

I was at a friend's house, and he asked if I wanted to watch My Little Pony. I was thinking "Um... Is he crazy? It's a little girls show..." but I didn't want to make him feel bad, so I said sure, and watched the first five episodes. (Which I had always wanted to do actually, even though I didn't want to accept it at the time)

Episode 1: This sucks, how can he like this?

Episode 2: Meh, it's not as bad as I thought it would be

Episode 3-5: Oh god, how can I like this?!

That's pretty much how it went.

I became a brony at the start of season three (June 2013). Once i was done with season three, I went back and watched seasons one and two. Is it the best TV show in years? No. Is it best animated TV show in years? No. Does it have good writing? For the most part. The writing isn't terrible, but it's not incredible either. I look forward to the season four premiere next month! 

Yeah, I used to kind of tease my friends who were bronies. Nothing too rude, just light pokes at their manhoods. I had talked to them about it, and what being a brony was all about. I never hated on the culture though, just didn't really understand it at all.

My friend showed me a survey of popular fan groups, and he pointed out how close the numbers were for bronies to Star Wars fans. This is where my curiosity peaked. And here I am.

I sat down for the first episodes of season 1, and before I knew it, I was all like. This is SO AWESOME! wub.png

I love ponies! ... I love MLP FIM... *GASP*ohmy.png  I'm a brony!

I can't tell you exactly when I became a brony per se, I think it might be the time I saw that the heads on the MLP figures move and I decided to buy one. Then I bought a bunch more of the figures. 

The hallway to my room is adorned with mlp figures. 

I became one earlier this year. But dont hate me for this, I was completely against bronies for a while. Then one day, my GF told me in secret that she liked the show. Seeing how loved her very much, I wasnt mean to her for that reason. But she said to me watch the show and see what I think. I was thinking to myself 'Oh Jesus, I am gonna get through this alive?' Turns out, I fell in love with the show at first sight. Now, I'm wondering why I was against bronies in the first place.

I became a brony when my brother and his girlfriend egged me on about watching the show. Eventually i gave in to their demands and my own curiosity. Since July of this year i have been a fan of the show and read Fanfictions all the time.