• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

Back in 2011 (around the 14th of February) I saw that one of my old websites started to post more and more mlp pics. I became curious and found out it had been pics for a new show. For some reasons I can't remember, I gave the show a chance...and now I'm a fan for 6 years^^

When did I become a brony I don't remember

But I do know how it happened I was joking to my brother that guys watch a little girls show and are fans of it but not me because its a girl's show I said but later I watched it to make fun of it but I than liked it I know I was rude but now I'm a brony and understand it.

furry forum posted the first few episodes (Bridle Gossip was the new one when I started watching) and did the whole "before you judge, just give it a watch" posting and I really started to enjoy it. Having despised the older gens though ^^; I think Rainbow Dash's tomboy character got my attention, then Nightmare Moon appeared and I really loved her design. So I stuck watching it, but I didn't really become active in the fandom until 2013/14. 

I'm actually not personally a Brony...shocking?!? But wait!! I'm actually the mother of one. A three year old little man called Ethan. While I like the show, I think it displays brilliant morals, its animated well and can easily hold my interest (unlike some cartoons these days) on the other hand my son is obsessed. He takes his toy pony collection to bed EVERY night, meaning that there is little room left for him to actually sleep. I've seen every episode at least 20 times by now.

I'm immensely proud of him for this. I whole heartedly support and encourage it!!!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

How many female bronies are really out there? Well there is me. That's all I need but whatever, I am a brony and does that mean hardship? Nahhh just sometime assholes who say shit, but I don't care

I think my history with MLP is sorta strange. I remember first watching the show around 2011 and 2012 because of how popular it was. I genuinely liked it, but I didn't participate in the fandom much because I had a few bad experiences with bronies at the time. I lost interest in the show for a few years because I didn't like season 3 that much and I got really busy with college around that time.

I've just recently regained interest in the show after deciding to watch some of the newer episodes, and I thought it would be a good chance to give the brony thing another try. The fandom seems a lot nicer these days. :pinkie::)

Edited by Tiny Hoofs

• 3 weeks later...

I became a brony in February of this year, Had heard of the show before, but had not given much importance. I was much struck his male fandom, and I started researching because that's,

I personally became a brony for a Spanish youtuber called Dayo, It simply caught my attention as someone with his audiovisual criteria looked at a show like that. So, I removed my doubts and I started watching the show, and I fell in love.

PD: You should put the survey in 2017 already :D

I went to browse my oldest FiM drawings and the evidence strongly suggests that it was the year 2012 when I started to watch the show. The oldest pony-drawing I found was from May so I think I could answer that on the poll. I can also actually remember how me and my friend were equally excited about ponies back then, I can even remember what that specific summer felt like. Is this nostalgia?

The first FiM-related thing I saw on the internet was indeed a Finnish YTP. Super classy. :mustache:

• 2 weeks later...

When I started watching was September 2015. I'd been thinking about giving the show a shot for a few months but I was worried about what my parents would think about my watching a little girl's show so I kept putting it off. In the end my curiosity got the better of me and I watched the show in secret. It took me a few episodes to latch onto the show but I'm glad I kept watching through the first few episodes where I was still feeling weird about not being in the target demographic because it's become my absolute favorite show.

It took me a while to finish the first season (because I was watching in secret binge-watching was more difficult than it could have been) but after the month it took me to finish season one I had become an enthusiastic fan.

As for how I started watching, I was one of the people who really didn't like bronies but it had occurred to me that I may have been unfairly assuming that the show was bad just because I thought the bronies were annoying, so I decided to see if the show was any good. Now here I am, having seen every episode to have aired in the U.S. and posting on a brony forum, with a big collection of merch to boot.

• 2 weeks later...

It all began back on June 6, 2014. It felt like yesterday. I once was a hater since 2013 at the time. Then I became curious over a documentary about the brony fandom. So I decided to watch it. Then after that, I've decided to try watching the first two episodes. Then the rest is like any other brony story.

• 3 weeks later...

Back in June 2013, I first heard about the whole "brony" thing from a youtuber named "Kuledud3".

On 10/3/2011 at 3:03 PM, Mint Petal said:

Yes, I know, Equestria Daily already did it, but this is a different community, so it'd just be a little something interesting! Self explanatory, what month did you officially become a Brony? I can't remember exactly when I did, but I'm thinking it was somewhere around May.

I became a brony either the week before or after the season six finale aired. I then only watched mlp until a week before Chistmass. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a funny story of how I got into mlp. I knew it existed thanks to Lzrd Wzrd, but never really thought about it much. One day, I was looking through one o my favorite youtubers, Butterflyidentity's, profile and saw 'Lullaby for a Princess Warriors Cats' I clicked on it and loved the song! As in LOVED it! And then there in my recomended, was Lullaby For a princess. I watched it and loved the ponies. I looked up my litttle pony, and the first episode I saw was Spice up Your Life After that, I watched more and more! I loved it, especially Zecora, and thats how Equestria was made.

Back in June 2013, I watched a vid if Kuledud3 on youtube, who was a minecraft youtuber at the time, he was always joking around about being a brony to a point where you could not tell whether he was being serious or not, I didn't really think much of it until he showed the merchandise he had of it. I quickly did some research and got interested too. That's it basically.

• 2 weeks later...

I started watching FiM about a month ago. I just got to season 4. Classic situation for me. I thought I'd give it two or three episodes because I was curious about the hype around it and wanted to see for myself what the reason was. Before I knew it I was 30 episodes in with no sign of slowing down!

:D

• 4 weeks later...

How I became a Brony at the time? I don't judge a series just because it looks childish. I still love everything from SWAT Kats to Ed, Edd 'n Eddy.

It was back in, I think 2012 when I heard about the show from a friend. "Ey, bro. You should check out this interesting new show!". The first season was over, and were in the second season, I think about halfway? So I decided to check it out. Downloaded the first season, and started watching.

"Hmm.. Interesting character designs. Drawing is good. Quality animation. Voice acting is damn good. Music is good, too. Yup, will definitely watch this series."

Aaaand that's how I became a Brony. I do not consider myself a Brony anymore, but I won't stop interacting with Bronies because of it.

Edited by Yakamaru

• 3 weeks later...

So i must come clean. I joined the heard about a year or a little more than a year ago. And I had never seen the show or had any interest in it. but there was just a cuteness to the pictures and I loved the artwork that all the fans did. I fell in love with Fluttershy, Applejack, and Luna but still never watched the show so I didn't get any of the jokes or phrases. but then I said fine I will force myself to watch one episode all the way through no judgments until the end. 3 seasons later..... Oh no I said..... I like My Little Pony. I still keep it a secret from my friends and family but I love it!!! the pureness of the characters the innocence and the fact that it is not like the newer children shows of red drawings and stupid puns. I even have a plushy of Fluttershy, Applejack and Luna. It might just be a phase, but I'm rolling with it for now!!!!!

Edited by countryman
typo
  • Brohoof 2

2015, Before Season 5. I sar down and watched My Little Dashie [SFM] by Ferexes. It made me feel like I never felt before. I watched all the episodes, and still had to wait another month for Season 5 to air.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love horses so I had been putting on all the horse cartoons on Netflix for the kids as I end up having to watch them too. So I accidentally got hooked and the kids know it's "Shonty's Show" and get upset when I say we're watching Ponies now lol :D Hasn't happened with any of the other horse shows... Yet...

• Brohoof 2