• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I went to one event with my class in school and someone had painted ponies in the ground after that the name Rainbow Dash was glued into my mind 

Another was when our Swedish teacher showed us a Swedish talk show where there was brony in there

After those I somehow ended up here

I actually was anti brony for the longest time. I used to watch parody videos of MLP like piemations and Friendship is Witchcraft, I thought MLP was a girly show only for girls. I watched all the FIW series and got bored one day and looked MLP on Netflix and was hooked after the first season, I don't know how but I was it was just a good show.

• Brohoof 1

Oof... It was actually quite hard to think about it. I started considering myself a Brony the first day I saw the show. I was 15 at the time, so it was 2011, and I think it was somewhere in March.

I knew that the fandom was a thing before, but I never really cared about it at all. But the one episode I watched turned my mind for some reason, suddenly I was all into ponies and all the other creatures from the show.

I actively joined the fandom around 2013 by participating in forums and stuff, before I was just your common closet Brony who just liked to draw and collect ponies.

For the most part it was some time in September, 2015. I can not for the life of me remember the circumstances but the show was on (the episode was twilight time for anyone wondering) and I was like "hey this isn't garbage" and then I was like "Coolio I guess I'm a brony now lol" but, tbh, I don't count this because I didn't actually watch the show very much other than season 1 and then got burnt out because I am dumb. 

I guess technically June 2018 but, 2015 sounds cooler :P

• 4 weeks later...

5/4/2018... I have this date known because I was sending a lot of texts about how weird I was suddenly feeling. The dream I had where I saw an Alicorn cloud formation in the sky, backlit by the full moon. Certainly there was more to the dream than that which I can't remember, because I woke up feeling like a completely different person, lifelong burdens lifted from me, and decades younger. It couldn't be more obvious that I was a Brony at that point than if it had slapped me in the face. Just a couple months later and I've gone from "hiding in a tiny apartment struggling with alcoholism" to "booked for a weekend at Ciderfest."

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I first learned about the show in early Spring of 2011. I learned about it from another forum website that I used to go on a lot. I had a friend on there who suggested I watch the show, so I saw the pilot episode and immediately fell in love with it! I have taken breaks from the show in the past, but I've always came back to it. :)

• Brohoof 1

In truth, I have been a distant MLP fan ever since, say... mid-2015, but I only started to get involved with the MLP community in February of this year. I will confess to only seeing most of Season One so far, though I plan to catch up a bit soon enough.

Who am I kidding? I have said this ad nauseam...

Jesting aside, I consider my entry into the fandom to be February 17th of 2018, with minor involvement in the past. Before I became truly involved, I largely viewed MLP related artwork on DeviantArt, and even watched 4 episodes of Season One. I fell out of it for a time, though my interest spiked once more early this year. Thus, I decided to purchase various merchandise, and eventually join these very Forums. :darling: It has undoubtedly been an interesting journey, though I believe it has paid off quite nicely.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

To be honest I can’t really remember I was in college and a couple bronies and pegasisters showed me the show and after a few random episodes I was hooked

but the episode, that really made me a brony, was “the last roundup” LONG LIVE DERPY HOOVES

Edited by Crimson storm

I remember I became a brony somewhere around 2015. Before being a brony I had a whole different view about the show just for the reason I never watched it. One day I was sick and couldn't go to school, so I was looking what to watch on the TV, and as there wasn't "anything better" to watch, I decided to watch one of the MLP episodes. After I watched one episode, I watched another, and another, and so on, my whole view on the show changed as I started to like it, and soon afterwards I became a brony.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I first learned of the show in April 2011. Some of my friends on a website I used to go on recommended MLP:FIM to me, and I eventually watched the first episode. I was already hooked from then (I think it was the scene where they defeat Nightmare Moon.. it was so powerful to me as a kid), and I watched every episode that existed at the time (most of season 1). I've been a pony fan since!

• 2 weeks later...

I became a Brony around when Season 1 had their first few episodes, and just kept watching them.

I then joined the MLP Forums this year on the last day of February because I just happened to be searching the words randomly and stumbled upon it.:mlp_bedeyes: 

Edited by Sondash Studios
  • Brohoof 1

I became a brony on the 30th day of October, back in 2011. 

This particular Sunday, I was bored doing my homeworks. So I decided to take a look at this cartoon because I liked its design a lot. 

I began watching the 1st episode at noon but stopped just after the opening. I really wasn't convinced by this opening and I first thinked "What am I watching? It looks really childish!".

Buuuut... the sequence with the book just had triggered my curiosity. Besides, this lavender unicorn, she seemed so geeky, I wanted to know what she was going to do with this legend! 

So I watched the episode completely before going to sleep. And I enjoyed it more than I thought at the time!

And then I became a brony. I enjoyed the forums, the fanfics (My Little Dashie was a punch in the face so much! :(), the Equestria Daily, and, of course, the episodes. I spent nearly 2 hours per day reading articles and fanfics at the time. ^_^

These were good times. I regret nothing. And it continues. :bedeyes:

Edited by Floppy Snow

• 3 weeks later...

Well, It was may 2017 and I was just chilling watching some youtube videos, but I got bored, and so I NO JOKE thought "I should become a brony" and so I went and found the show and watched it.

Pretty weird, I know.

• 1 month later...

While I can't recall the exact day I got involved with My little pony near the end of last summer.  The first episode I ever saw was the cutie map which left me rather shocked with how far it went.  From there I started watching more of season 5 and the Canterlot Boutique was all I needed to go back to season 1 and for Rarity to become my favorite being a creative artist myself though only from a writing perspective still the moral of the episode really resonated with me.

From there I went back to the beginning and came to love the show for it's growth of the characters and their challenges they face which become more mature for the most part as the seasons progress.  I love you'll play your part as it's very uplifting and inspirational and the show pays it off with its entire second half where Twilight goes from smiling and waving to uniting entire species.  

I love the show and the few comic arcs I have read I feel Twilight is a role model to anyone not just girls, and despite it's target audience FIM is so genuine with it's messages and handles very mature ideas without actually going truly dark to do so.  It's only been about half a year but I can safely and proudly say I became a brony in that time.

I’m not sure how accurate the dates are on the poll I submitted in, but I liked MLP ever since Equestria Girls. My sibling and I found it at a movie rental place and we thought it looked neat. We thought the movie was awesome so we got all caught up on seasons 1-3 so we could watch the upcoming season 4. That was about when I became a Brony but I didn’t get super involved with the fandom until about season 5.

• Brohoof 1

I was watching the show on and off starting in 2011 but didn't officially join the fandom until Fall of 2014, and before g4, I grew up with g3, so technically I've been a pegasister my whole life. ^_^

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Today is my first day as a brony and third day as a furry. Once I accepted myself as a furry, the next day I felt inside that i would like being a brony. I felt that the two went hand hand for me. I fought it for over a day, before I overlooked my machismo. Now, here i am.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I first unofficially joined the herd in 2011, when I was 4 years old. The first episode I watched was "A Canterlot Wedding". And it remained my favorite episode until 2015.

Then I stopped watching MLP until December 2018 for no apparent reason. Sooooooo... I officially became a brony on January 2019.. And it will forever be my favourite tv series.. Too bad season 9 will be the final one of FiM. And now I'm 12 and sitting for my big test.

I guess life really does go by in the blink of an eye. :awed:

Edited by shinystarry
  • Brohoof 1

I'd say late 2010 or early 2011. It was just after the show started, A friend clued me into it and It was after I saw Ticket Master that I really started watching and learning more about the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...