• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I think i joined somewhere in july, cant really remember :3. I was asking why my friend watches MLP:FiM, after i watched episode 1&2 i was hooked... rest you know :D

Sometime in June, shortly after I joined the 3DSforums, which is pretty self-explanatory if you've been there haha. Kurtiss and Danger are the ones that convinced me to start watching.

In July, I started seeing pony avatars in one of the forums I was active in and a few pony-related threads started appearing, so I thought I'd go see what people were talking about. I was sure I wouldn't like the show at all, but I wanted to understand some of the references they were making. After two episodes I was hooked, and I marathoned the rest of the first season over two nights.

• Brohoof 1

It was July, I was bored by spending most of the time doing nothing at all. So I searched through the youtube and found it. MLP:FiM.

The first episode started it all, I couldn't stop watching. Well, the rest of summer holidays was only about ponies and ponies :lol:

Discovered it existed through the Victoria II mod, but while I thought it was a cool idea for a mod I had no intention of watching the show until the pony thread appeared on AlternateHistory.com which peeked my interest enough to download the first episode, and I was like WOW, this is actually GOOD, rather than passable which was all I'd been expecting. That was last month.

April for me.

I think my experience was the general one:

"Lol why are there so many meme generators for pony popping up?"

"Pony avatars everywhere, what the hell? What IS this show?"

"YTPMV's... This is the last straw. I gotta check this out. It better be good."

*Episode one/two*

Posted Image

"I... am a brony!"

It was in june, a few days after funnyjunk started it's pony thread. I feel special because I watched the anthology BEFORE any of the episodes. I fell in love with the animation style, and the show is awesome. It was the best summer of my life.

ONWARD TO EPISODE 3!!!

• Brohoof 1

May the 8th I believe. It was the same day I first posted in the pony thread on 3DS forums. When I saw the first episode I was instantly bronified.

Well what i said wasn't true. Can't blame this on Kurt.

When we were in prison we were only allowed to watch non-violent children's TV. One of the shows that we watched was MLP. Was a bit skeptical at first, but about 3 episodes in i really started to like it.

• Brohoof 3

I joined in what appears to be the 3rd most popular month for new bronies: August. Of course I never expected to become a fan of the show. It was something like, "what the heck's up with all these pony memes everywhere?" And yeah...

It was the weirdest feeling really, watching myself be assimilated but unable to stop it. It was like getting a werewolf bite and feeling "I'm doomed." :D

• Brohoof 1

I started getting into the show round about May time, a friend of mine sent me a link to Pinkie's Cupcake Song because she knew I absolutely LOVED cupcakes, and when I saw and heard the song.....I loved it and thought to myself just after it finished "This is now my theme song :D".

After the Cupcake song vid she then sent me another video which was the best bit's of Pinkie Pie, and so after being fascinated by the Cupcake Song, I decided to give the best bit's of Pinkie Pie video a watch and that was just crazy, hilarious and just so awesome.

And so after looking at the those two videos, I had to see what this was all about so I went up and watched all the episodes of My Little Pony and after I watched the 6th episode.....I was taken in by the complete AWESOMENESS that this show has, and officially became a Brony.

BRONY FOR LIFE YO!!!!!! :D

Going into summer (May), I had to see what the real appeal was. After a couple of episodes, I was distracted by Adventure Time and E3. After that, I got right back on my horse (wordplay, gotta love it) and finished Season 1 on Thursday, July 7th during my stay in San Francisco with Party of One and Best Night Ever.

Upon finishing, it happened. :blink:I realized this show was amazing, I snapped and burst into laughter over the fact. :lol: (more maniacal than this)

I suddenly had a hunger for more, so I began reading the thread and eventually went to check Equestria Daily and Everypony Radio on a daily basis. Within the week, I was already listening to Bronyville to get outside opinions. Unlike any show I'd ever watched before, I just had to find other viewers. Since no one in my summer program knew of it, and there really wasn't a good time to show them, the internet was all I had. What sealed my fate was the unprecedented amount of creativity in the fan community. There were simply amazing fanfics, the visual art always had me coming back for the next Drawfriend article, and most of all....da musiks! I'm a singer, and I'm absolutely floored by what's been churned up on a regular basis. I would've never thought of myself watching MLP or listening to Eurobeat, but look at me now! My horizons have opened. Posted Image

I've been lost in the magic of friendship ever since. During the OC Bronies meetup a couple weeks back we did a Target run where I bought my first bit of pony swag, a coloring book with 30 stickers. Now I am truly a man.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

I started watching the show in March, but I didn't become a brony until probably April, and then I told my friends about it probably closer to May. And of course all of them thought I was crazy, or a pedophile or something. I've tried to get them to watch, but alas, it all was in vain.

• Brohoof 2

If I remember correctly, back sometime in March, my brother told me about a bunch of guys that were huge fans of MLP. My first thought was "Vat". So, that night, I decided to try an episode out, and I couldn't even get past the first 2 minutes of it. So, eventually I saw how the Brony community expanded and grew over time, and in Early August, I decided to give the show another chance. I watched Sonic Rainboom (Since it was the episode recommended on the forum I was on) and thought, "Well that wasn't TOO bad, but nothing I could truly get into." Then, the next day, I watched episodes 1 - 5, and I am pretty sure I was in denial of liking the show at that time. The day after that, I had finished Season One, and was accepting that I was a brony.

• Brohoof 1

[...]and thought, "Well that wasn't TOO bad, but nothing I could truly get into." Then, the next day, I watched episodes 1 - 5, and I am pretty sure I was in denial of liking the show at that time. The day after that, I had finished Season One, and was accepting that I was a brony.

Yeah, it took me a while to accept that I actually liked it. I thought at first I was just watching to show myself how bad it was and that the guys on the forum where I heard about it didn't know what they were talking about. I watched a few episodes like that before realising that I was actually really enjoying the show. Edited by TwilightSparkle
  • Brohoof 1

In late May, after the season was all done so I never had to wait for any new episodes (which was nice). I kept seeing fanart poping up and I really loved the look of the characters. So, I did some light googling and was surprised to see a lot of positive reviews regarding the show. I started watching it, but didn't find anything special about it until Call of the Cutie. I fell in love with the show and ponies have basically taken over my life.

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was a troll posting. But then after seeing the praise it got in the first few replies, I decided to watch the show myself. I became a brony on March 4, 2011.

Going to say sometime in May. That is when I became aware of Trixie.

That is also when I had three hours of tedious labor and decided I'd listen to all that fancy pony music on Youtube.

And then I watched all of the ponies. All of them.

I wish I could remember the exact date I watched the first episode. I tried to find it on my YouTube history, but it doesn't give the actual date you first watched it... I know that for sure it was before over a barrel came out, so I have a general date in mind...

On day I will travel deep into my computer and find the secrets of my bronydom.

Hopefully I don't bump into 4chan while I'm there...

In July.

In fact, I can even give you the precise date, it was on July 10th 2011

Well according to this post on 3dsforums anyway

...Thats the exact day I first started watching the series...

Anyway prepare for a long one.

I guess it started on the Bulbagarden forums, sometime in march, I started seeing These pony avatars, (At the time I thought it was something from a flash animation or something.)

Then in June when I was at my cousin's house I saw something on my cousin's tv while I was browsing Channels. I saw a show call My little pony friendship is magic. That wasn't what caught my attention, It was little preview, it was showing the ponies with the same exact art style as the one I saw on the forum. I finally cracked on July 10th and looked up the info on knowyourmeme. It only took me a couple of days to admit to myself that I was a brony since I already enjoyed memes.

tl;dr version

July 10th 2011