• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I'm not sure on the when, but I got involved in MLP when i first watched cupcakes HD on youtube, along with a few other clips........ so yep now I'm a die hard brony XD

Congratulations! Achievement Unlocked: 'We all float down here, Georgie! Even your topics float.'

'How and when did you become a brony' has not only proven to be a staple topic for this section, but it's also had merge after merge after merge throughout the site's history. I believe it's worthy of becoming a new pinned topic for Sugarcube, so that perhaps those duplicates will happen less often, and people can simply post straight here. The topic is especially worth it considering that we've recently been knocked down to four pinned threads again, after the BronyCon2013 meetup thread was unpinned for replacements :3

Btw, I added a second poll option for which year you joined. Thought it's worth throwing up, so that it's not just a super vague 'month' thing anymore.

• Brohoof 1

A random thought of why grown men loved a cartoon for grade schoolers. I conducted an eperiment and took a look analyzing the characters and story. Next thing I new it was 4am on a Saturday, half way through season 1. That was the day it all began.

I became a brony on May 20th of 2011. The day before, I was traipsing about another forum that I frequented when somebody came in and suggested that we all give it a try. As you might expect, there was plenty of backlash for no reason, but I decided there was no reason not to. The following day I sat through the entire first season and was absolutely enamored with the show. Took me a while longer to discover what the fandom was up to and didn't even know the term "brony" until some time after I became one.

• Brohoof 1

in all truth, for me it started with pinkie pie. i got a commission to draw her and i wanted to know what i was drawing so i looked up the dirst episode and got hooked!

I became a "brony" back in March. I had watched the 1st two episodes in 2011, because at the time I was dating a brony and he really wanted me to get into the show, but drama happened and I wanted nothing to do with the show cause it reminded me of him, but I was playing xboxlive with some friends, they're all bronies and told me to give it a shot. So I did. I ended watching all of season 1 and 2 in about 3 days. Then watched season 3 with a friend in a day. The show is awesome, and I even made a cod:black ops II emblem of pinkie pie cupcakes fanfic.

Time ago I never happened to think that was just a show for "little girls". At the contrary, I thought MLP pony was something "dark" due to my bad luck at the beginning, finding only fandom stuff... the "bad" kind of stuff.

But such a great success between mostly adult males; just for the sake of some "wierd" minds... and the name... that couldn't be the true.

So due to my love for psychology, came up to my mind an idea; theorize an answer for such phenomenon without having ever touched any kind of information regarding the show.

I Spent many days analyzing social statistics, growing patterns, family, education, etc. Then that was applied to a reduced group as a simplified example for my theory. It looked like If the expectation and requirements, from the environment (Society) around the subjects, were trying and/or expecting to dehumanize thereof.

So If my final resolution were okay. The message from the show should be, in fact, a remembrance message regarding the forgotten or never learned traits in "the group" Something quite positive and mostly likeable from my point of view.

So I finally decided to take a look at the show, starting from the begining... and it was exactly like I was expecting it to be!
Just watched up until episode three, and then I tried to keep up with my own things, but suddenly wanted to watch just one more episode... just to be sure about my theory. Or at least that was what I thought.
Without even noticing, I had already watched until episode 18. Happened so fast that I became brony even without realizing it.

This happened close to the end of season 2 and was great, loved the show since that very moment! 

Sorry for my english, isn't my first lenguage.   

Well - I'm not going to pretend I remember the year and the date, Because even I am too British (LAZY) go and find out by looking at my archives of messaging, But I remember it going something like this... 

becoming_a_brony_by_jaxstern256-d5aalm3.

• Brohoof 2

Well to start off, my friend told me about the show, but being stubborn at first, I declined several times, until finally, after he told me about 15 times to watch the show, I looked up the first episode, and watched it, after that I watched a few episodes, and told my friend that I had in fact, "joined the heard."

I don't remember when I became a brony, but it was probably around September or August in 2012, but that's all I remember from then.

I got involved with My Little Pony almost 3 years ago. I was in secondary school and I was unpopular with my peers. I really was unhappy, I had nothing to look forward to. One day, I saw the adverts for the show, but I didn't like MLP before cause of G3 so I didn't watch it. Then, I was YouTubing when I saw MLP:Fim videos which gain a fandom with adults and teens. I thought why not and after the first two episodes, I literally feel in love with MLP and became a pegasister for life! :)

This is actually rather an amusing story. My friend Joe (or Clockwork Chaos on this forum) introduced me to the MLP fandom. He wasn't a brony at the time, he just showed me some videos on PBS idea channel, one of which was about them. I asked him what the big deal was and why grown men would want to watch the show. He just simply replied "I dunno, I have to assume it's really well written."

So one night I watched the first episode to see how good it was. I liked the first one but it ended on a cliffhanger so, naturally, I had to watch the second part. This one, however, I felt had very poor pacing along with more than a few plot holes. Confronted with one awesome episode and one underwhelming one I decided to give episode three a shot. This also I felt was not very strong but after watching episode 4 I couldn't stop myself and I soon found it was dawn and I had watched the entire first season.

I started telling Joe about how great MLP was and that he should really get into it. About a month ago he did just that. So, really, we got each other interested in MLP and not a single regret was had by either of us  :yay:

I became a brony on March 23rd, when i was supper bored.  I had noting to do and nothing to watch, I decided to watch something on youtube.  It suggested MLP, so I started watching the first episode.  After that I thought that maybe I would watch the next episode, you know just to finish the story.  By the end of that episode I had realized I watched the entire first season in two days.  After that It took me awhile to recognize myself as a brony.  For a while I always said I wasn't a brony, mainly because I thought they were just weird.  After watching a couple of videos about what a brony is I discovered that I to had joined the herd and became a brony.

Well, me and a friend got pretty drunk, and what's the best thing to do when drunk? Watch big flashy colourful things! First thing that came to mind was MLP, Or well, what was left of our minds at the time. And so, I am now here, nearly a month later, Still enjoying MLP!

Embarassed to say that I can't remeber exactly when...it was at least sometime in 2012. And I was a brony for a little while before I joined the forums.

But how I became a brony: I was on Netflix, so I just decided to watch something random, and that was MLP. I got hooked, discovered bronies, and that's it!

I don't know when I became a brony...

I forget everything that deals with numbers unless its my birthday O.o

But I remember the how!

I watched a shit ton of youtube poops and began watching my little pony youtube poops and then began watching the actual show after so long.

I hate any youtube poop that doesn't leave atleast some of the show, so that may have led to me liking the show in total .-.

• Brohoof 1

I became a brony one day when I was goofing around on YouTube. I stumbled upon an RvB song parody and it set my curiosity in motion. I don't remember the month although I think it was May or June.

(edited)

I can't say I remember the month I became a fan of My Little Pony but my story as to how I became one is respectable but expected.

I was watching television one day and came across the Hub channel. By chance My Little Pony was playing at that exact moment. I honestly didn't care much for the show at the time but I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. Before I knew it or could do anything about it I subconsciously started recording episodes of the show on my DVR.

A few weeks later I was hooked, simple as that. The fandom played no part in me becoming a fan of MLP and I'm thankful for that.

Edited by The Scoots

One of my friends mentioned the show in August last year. He suggested that I should give it a chance. So, some days after, I was pretty bored and had nothing to do, so I decided to watch the 1st episode of S1. I didn't get hooked immediately; it was the 2 episodes after that made me get real hooked to the show.

I found music, videos and a few tumblr pages. I looked at them for quite a while and kept up with them and eventually decided to watch the show. I quickly started enjoying it. After a short while i told friends i trusted not to spread it that i started liking MLP related things and showed a few things to a few friends. Shortly after i decided i wanted to join the brony community and then here i am :D

• Brohoof 1