• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

Back in 2012, I'd say around July, (I'm registered on another forum of a game I use to play), there was a Global Moderator, who was a big fan of the show. He was a HUGE Rainbow Dash fan. When he told some people about the show, I didn't care if he liked it, but when I

saw photos of the characters, I thought, "Aw, they're so adorable!" (I have a weakness for cute things). So I decided to watch the show,

and I really liked it. It only took me a month to watch Season 1 and 2 to prepare for Season 3. :yay: When I watched Episode 1 of Season 1, and saw how socially awkward, and introverted Twilight was, she instantly became my favorite.

Became a brony around the end of 2011, Well my sibling showed me this 5 minute clip of pinkie pie doing a lot of crazy stuff... the party cannon is what caught my attention, and well I got interested and checked it out, the first episode I ever watched would be Hurricane Fluttershy, I didn't get to see the party cannon but eh it was a really good episode ^-^, I have like a mix of Fluttershy for fave or Pinkie for fave both different personalities XD weird

I was on a school camp and we had a TV. We were awake at around 7AM so we usually turned on the TV, an the only decent thing was ponies, so we watched that. A few moths later i was ill. I turned the TV on and there was season one, episode one on, but not the second part, only the first one. Then i searched the internet...

Here is a little story on how I became a brony.

May 5th 2012, it was free comic book day. My dad took me, my brother and sister to a comic book store. They had given us these bags to put them in. I noticed that the bag had a blue pony on it (which I now know is Rainbow Dash). I didn't want the bag anymore, but I kept it for the time being and threw it out later. In September, I had gotten a 1 month free trial of Netflix. I didn't start watching the show right away because of all the other shows and movies, but October 1st early in the morning, I watched the first four episodes. I couldn't watch anymore episodes because my free trial had ended a few days later, but I was able to find them on YouTube. I didn't start getting into it until I saw The Cutie Mark Chronicles on the second of February in 2013 and that is when I fully became a Brony.

Bored one day, ponies were being posted everywhere, sat down and said "lets figure out what people see in this"

Didn't like episode 1, but it was a 2 parter so I watched episode 2

I had nothing else to do so I watched episodes 3 and 4 then went to bed.

Finished season 1 that week...

Finished season 2 the next week...

Rewatched season 1...

Here I am.

• Brohoof 2

Mid-November 2010 for me, around the time Griffon the Brush-Off was released. There were just so. Many. Ponies. On 4chan. I just had to check it out and well, one thing led to another and now I'm here.

Sadly, there isn't any 2010 option so I voted no year.

my story is a bit different, I only knew the My Little Poy was a tv show never knew what a brony was or even cared, but one day i downloaded the Cheezbeger app on phone and stumbled across the My Little Brony page and was like"a page of MLP meme dahell?" well that started it from that point on I was seeing MLP stuff everywhere, I was at the store picking out new floor mats for my truck and like 3 mats down i find mlp hair care stuff, or i would be buying a gift for my nephew and looking through stuff i would find a out of place mlp toy. That kind of stuff went on for a month so i finaly gave in cause i belive everything happens for a reason, there diffinitly was a reason for me seeing all that stuff, well needless to say I watched all the episodes on Youtube, I been hooked ever since, This would have been a lil before season 3 started probably AUG last year my guess i dont remember. But yeah it's like the show found me, cause I had no interest at all till all that happened.

Edited by DaReaper

Well.... I became a brony around the end of july and early august of this year.  Because of this fact I marathoned through the three seasons on netflix pretty fast (in about 2 weeks).  It is also because of this, I was wondering if one of you ponies could answer a question for me; where can I see new episodes, as they come out, (since they wont come out for netflixs till a few months after the season is over) and since I dont really have a personal t.v at the college I go to, I dont really have a way to watch it other than online.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!! :wub:

BP :P

I think I first saw the show in early 2013. Bear in mind this is my only fandom I've ever been in, which is saying something at 23. I initially saw the episode S3 ep 10 I think Keep Calm and flutter on and Fluttershy made me (almost) cry tears of liquid pride. Of course having come to the series so late I couldn't get into it, and that episode didn't do the best job of introducing all the characters. So a week or two or more later I watched S1 ep 1 then ep 2 straight after, and fell in love with Twilight's adorkable nature. Not hurt by the fact I recognise some of my own characteristics within said character. I been a fan ever since. Even if I don't call myself a brony or have grown somewhat tired of the drama in this fandom.

I became a brony on December 2012. I was done with classes for the winter, so I would of course go on and watch YouTube poops and other cool vids. A few of the vids I saw had ponies in them, but were not the focus. Probably one of the notable ones was a shed.mov reference, which I thought was wacky and cool. It's not like I haven't ever seen a MLP pony ever. I've browsed memebase hundreds of times and see them appear on the main page, though never acknowledge them as special. So one day I decided to click on a featured video that kept appearing: Twilight's Special Message (oh boy!). Fortunately I have a peculiar sense of humor, so I proceeded on watching an episode. *a lot of episode watching* And I eventually realized that month that I was a brony. Hooray!

Edited by Wingin'Wolf

I became a brony in early February, i think around the 12th, I had contact with the show in the past but didn't care for it and thought it was girly, that was 2-3 years ago. last school year in high school (I'm a senior as of this post), I heard several of my friends talking about the show and i guess curiosity built inside of me, "What is so great about this cartoon that these guys (and one girl) can take such a huge interest in it" I thought to myself, over time i grew more and more curious about MLP, eventually the girl said that i should give it a try, after several days of thinking it over, i got the guts to look the series up on Youtube (Back when it was actually easy to find on there) and became a brony from there after about 4 episodes in, i regret nothing, NOTHING

Hmm I should have posted my story here instead of in the welcome thread. Long story short: Derpy led me to become a brony during my quest to understand the 'why' in why does one become a brony. I estimate this happened around the beginning of this month. Started off as a joke until I began watching the show. BAM! Ima brony

Edited by Geminii

I became a brony, about a week ago. Took me 4 days to watch all (available) seasons, 1-3. And the movie. Now I'm here. It's funny, I used to think guys who liked this show were pathetic and so I guess that makes me a Hypocrite.

:P

How Did I? I Became A Brony By This Link! http://tinyurl.com/bmqasyd Yep! Get The Timing Right Between The 2 Because Otherwise It Won't Work. After I Saw That I Was Like "lol, A Rainbow Hair Pony! Who Would Watch That??" And Then I Looked It Up "lol, people like this? Men BWAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH" (Oh My God I Hate Myself :l)

Gather 'round children 

So back in the spring of '11 I was hanging around in the International forum (for those of you that might play cybernations) when I started to notice that some of the forum members had avatars and sigs with cartoons (at the time I didn't even know they were ponies) I got curious and started to snoop around the forum looking for what cartoon it was (I never asked anyone directly so that I wouldn't look like an idiot). I found one word "fluttershy" I googled it and it led me to a video on youtube (Fluttershy's introduction in the first episode). After watching the video I said to myself "The was the most adorable thing I've ever seen". In the comment section I noticed the repeat of the word "brony". I googled it and my first reaction was "thats pretty cool, the show must of struck a cord with people to garner such a fanbase!"

I kept telling myself that I would watch the show but never got around to it. Then in January of '12 I found that several of my close friend were bronies, so I decided to finally watched it. The more I watched it the more I loved it. 

Long story short: curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back

I joined the heard around late April 2011.

I was a regular user on a forum (a forum which has no quality left in it and therefor, I will not give out the name) and I saw a bunch of a pony threads being spammed everywhere. I looked in a few of said threads, and there was nothing but pointless spam.

Out of all of the people posting in the threads, there was really only one person who genuinely liked the show, so I asked him what it was about. He said the show was nothing like stereotypical MLP with tea parties, dress ups, and girly stuff like that, so I decided to take his word and give the show a shot.

He gave me a youtube link to a recent episode (Owls Well That Ends Well), I watched it, and I told him it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The next day I watched another episode (Forgot the name, but it's S1 and involves nopony going to Pinkie's party) and that's when I started opening up to the show. The next weekend, I decided to watch all of Season 1 starting from the first episode, and after episode 2, I fell in love with the show.

I first joined the herd around June/July time, 2012. I discovered the Brony Community after reading an article with an interesting title, 'From Muscle Cars to Ponies: Men Are Everywhere'. After reading it, I followed a link provided on the website I read the article from. The link took me to the 'This Day Aria' Song Clip. I listened to the song, absolutely loved it, then went to YouTube to watch the series from the very beginning, sceptical at first. Within 10 - 20 Seconds into the Princesses backstory, I became a Brony.

I'm late on doing this, but sometime in December 2011 I watched the episodes because I was bored and it was everywhere on this website I went on. And boom, pegasister.

I joined the herd around.. November 2012. How? I found it on a Youtube by searching some YTP ;_; and I found some MLP YTP. Then I watched the first episode and the next episode, next, next, next.. and thats how I became a Brony!