• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I can remember when I became a brony, or at least when the seeds of my love of the fandom were planted.

It was at an anime convention where I had an artist table, and I was making a decent profit at my first table. But there was something I noticed - A lot of girls and guys (mostly guys) had bright colorful hair, wings, and horns for their cosplays. Now, at this point, I had only heard about the show, but didn't have much of a reason to really watch it at the time since I was busy with my job hunting and art stuff.

But for all three days at the convention, I was subjected to see all these weird cosplayers walk about. Well, that and the fact that I had a Daleak stationed next to my table with a Pikachu on it, so it was either hoping I wasn't going to be exterminated or enjoy the cosplayers.

On the last day of the convention, I actually pulled one of these colorful cosplayers to the side and asked what they were cosplaying as and they said "Vinyl Scratch". At that moment, two thoughts came to mind.

1) Some guy's raiding my artist table.

and 2) Where the hell is this from?

And thus, after a lot of research, I became a brony.

• Brohoof 1

September 2013

Found ponyhoof on facebook, downloaded it for code reasons, saw ponies everyday, curiosity got the best of me, watched MMC, the rest is history.

• Brohoof 1

I watched the Phoenix Wright MLP crossover "Turnabout Storm", and I became curious to the show.

and then I watched some of the episodes.

It just... clicked, and I suddenly was like "Oh goodness...this  show.  Above average."

And then Derpy Hooves Happened.  Instant Less Than Three.

• Brohoof 1

Some time in September I had a friend who talked to me about the show. My brother started watching it. I saw a few episodes and started researching fandom stuff like slender mare. Rainbow factory. That kinda thing. I eventually started watching the actual show. Took some time, but I did it!

• Brohoof 1

I started watching the show just to check it out. After I realized it was made by the same people who made Powerpuff Girls, I really started to pay attention. After I started the second season, I was hooked. I really enjoy the smooth, structured animation, and I can't stop drawing fan art.

post-20902-0-92217200-1384714586_thumb.jpg

I remember joining sometime in June. I was at my Aunt's house for summer vacation with my cousin and my brother. It was around 9:15 and my 7 year old cousin had been sent to bed. I went upstairs to find my brother(who is two years older than me) watching Feeling Pinkie Keen. I sat down and watched it with him. By the end of the episode, I thought of mlp as a weird, charming break from the norm of kid's tv. I had really liked that episode, even though now I see it as one of the worst episodes. Anyway, me and my brother ended up watching until midnight.

When I really became a brony, though, was when I got home about a week later and looked up more My Little Pony episodes. I found out about the bronalysis ponies and started watching their content daily. I eventually finished 1-3 by August. I've loved drawing fanart of mlp and I drew fanart for other analysis ponies as well. 

p.s: Since I first learned about Mlp while season three was finishing up, I haven't waited nearly as long as other people, Thank Celestia.      

Edited by Midnight Gaze
  • Brohoof 1

i have no concept of time unless i am looking at a calendar or watch it was some time in the summer after season 3, just after equestria girls released, the fandom seemed to be in turmoil, allot of upset people, its getting better now though with season 4 coming up in less then a week.

• Brohoof 3

Think i've posted here before but ya I recall when back in the day there wasn't a term for pony fan in my day since I grew up in Generation 1 of MLP, Firefly's Big Adventure.

Now that I probably admit to being a brony, I have a nephew whos the same way. Lately thought I've been hearing all about this brony hating stuff and how some people tend to take the brony thing too far, getting in peoples faces, or making fools of themselves on the internet with the brony stuff, I was worried about calling myself one. But at the end of the day thats only a few people out of millions, I am a brony in heart and love the fandom but I'm not crazy lol, I love to RP, I love doing artwork for the franchise, I love the show, what more can I say? I'm a brony!

• Brohoof 2

I became a brony in June of this year when I met my boyfriend. He had told me that he was a brony, which I didn't have a problem with, but told him I wasn't interested in the show, having already watched a few episodes and didn't really care for it. He urged me to give it another try, but this time around, I liked it a lot more this time around and marathoned the first season. I've been hooked since then.

• Brohoof 1

I don't remember exactly when (I'm thinking at some point in the spring of 2012; a bit later than most people, it seems), but I do remember how.

It was right around the time when the whole "Brony" thing was starting to really receive widespread attention. I had mentioned the show to my brother and a friend of mine who both told me that they actually enjoyed it, so I decided to give it a try myself. I, of course, was actually shocked that it turned out to be an actual cartoon and not something hastily thrown together just to try and shut kids up and generate money. I ended up basically watching the first two seasons over a weekend, and the rest is history

• Brohoof 1

ah, twas and cool night in august 2013, the 6th to be exact. it was two days after i had started my freshmen year in high school. i was lying in my bed watching some youtube videos and i had the sudden urge to watch MLP. i don't why but i just did and i am glad i did. i watched magic duel and 20 minutes later i was only sure about one thing. i had become a brony. let me go back in time a bit. i was in English class where i found out one of my closest friends was a brony, at first i didn't really get what a brony was, so he taught me and at first i was kinda weirded out but i thought he was joking so i kinda forgot about it. a few days later we were joking around i asked him to draw a satanist pony. he drew one and it was pretty accurate. it had a pentagram cutie mark and one on his horn to (it was a unicorn, i think i might still have it somewhere...) i still thought he was joking until a few days later he came in wearing a shirt with a picture of the mane six on it. it then finalized the subject that he was one of the herd. on the last day of school i was in study hall and my friend was showing me these videos in a series called death battle (look it up on youtube it great, but i digress) i was watching rainbwo dash vs starscream. RD won. my first though was "wow these ponies are pretty awesome". over th summer i started a minecraft server. i got a horse and named it rainbowdash. i wanted to name another one twilight sparkle but my friend (a non brony) got pissed. and then the night in august came and here i am today.

• Brohoof 3

I became a brony earlier this year when I went over to my friends house and he was watching it and I didn't know what to do because I always thought it was for little girls and then I say down after him convincing me to watch one episode. And after that one episode we watched episodes all night and I fell in love with the entire thing :D

• Brohoof 1

I think I became a brony about June this year so I haven't been a brony for long but I alredy feel like areal part if the herd. I first heard of bronies on a finebros react video and I thought that I should see what all the fuss was about, I fell in love with the show instantly and have loved it ever since.

• Brohoof 2

I was a fan of starcraft and was looking at a battlenet thread (october 2013) with a link to a mlp starcraft crossover. I thought it looked kinda funny so I decided to watch an episode. Couldn't believe I liked it but after 5 days I watched all of season 1 and those where school days tongue.png

Edited by Wayzer107

August 2012. I knew nothing at all about bronies, and I only knew a couple of characters. Being a huge web browser, I found out that bronies are a huge phenomenon and egg made fun of quite a bit for liking a different show. I didn't have a lot of friends, and heard that the show is quite delightful. I then watched episode and love it to death. Brony forever.

post-18605-0-86000700-1385351838.jpg

Became a Pegasister/Female Brony on March I think.

I use to saw lots of these Ponies in my facebook, tumblr, everywhere. And one of my friends was into the show.

I actually hate it then. But one day I decided to give it a go. And it was awesome during the first episode. :D

So I kept watching it and finally caught up with the show. EQG first pic just released then. I also introduce

my friend MLP. xD

And that's how I became a Female Brony. :{D

I just remembered why. Disregard anything I may have said previously.

Before I starting of as a brony, I was a throny (A made up term someone mentioned about being a Game of Thrones fan :yay: ).

My cousin gave me episodes of MLP because she said that after watching a few episodes of Game of Thrones you might want something uplifting and all about friendship to get my mind off Game of Thrones where everyone basically hated each other.

So after the episode where Ned Stark go decapitated (which brought me back to Boromir's death in Fellowship of The Rings)  I decided to watch MLP to get my mind out of Ned dying and that DAMN JOFFREY  :( . I guess I did it ironically at first and I wasn't completely sold about the show (I have to admit, I really disliked the first two episodes).

I was totally shocked that it actually helped me out   :lol: It was a nice change from all the incest, killing and betrayal :P  

So yep, budding Brony ever since.  :derp:

Edited by HoopHoof

I was seeing bronies everywhere since bronies were a thing. For a while, before watching the show, I was like, "Eh, it's a show about ponies and friendship, there's no way this is my cup of tea." I never disliked bronies, it just didn't seem like something I'd be into.

Some time last year I finally decided to give the show a chance, and after a couple episodes I was like, "This is for me."

Edited by GottlosMann