• July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

okay, my story is REALLY WEIRD!

so, one of my friends liked mlp but I never really judged her on it, one day she begged me to let her show me a quick video of mlp. I agreed cuz it figured, "what could go wrong?" She brought me up to her room, and to her laptop and set me down. I cant remember when EXACTLY it was but it was last year sometime in the middle of summer... anyway. She opened up youtube and searched up "Cupcakes" I thought, oh god, this is gonna be so dumb. what came up was... :blink: a bloody pinkie pie. I didn't know it was pinkie pie, but... you know. anyway, i didnt think that was what she would show me, but I sat back and let her choose. By the end of the video I had asked her "WHY WOULD YOU SHOW ME THIS??" she just laughed real hard then showed me a regular episode. I believe it was "One Bad Apple" After that, I had to go back to my house.

About 1 week later i turn on my tv and see that MLP is on. I watched it, and automatically became HOOKED.

Now, I record all the episodes and watch them daily, and count down the days till a new episode. B)

sadly, my friend who showed me that, is getting bored of mlp and is consitering leaving the fandom... :( oh well, you can count on that i will NEVER leave the hurd.

Edited by flufflederpmuffinz

Some time around September/October of this year. I was actually introduced to it by a brony in my gym class who would slip in references on the fly and he inducted me into the culture. I marathoned season one on Netflix, and I was hooked. I don't think I really became a brony until after Sleepless In Ponyville, however. That's when I really fell in love with Luna. A few days after that, I guess I had my "So that's what they're all talking about" moment when MLP helped me through some dark stuff. I might be late to the party, but I'm here to stay, baby.

I had just boring and watched a episode on youtube and could not stop watching it O.o

It was then i started to believe that i had become a brony, and it was the best day in my life :D 

It was just 3 weeks ago and i have already seen hole season one, two, little on season three and all the newest on season 4 :3

post-23030-0-50606600-1386804444_thumb.jpg

Late 2011, I was just doing my usual p***ing people off with picture spam when I tumbled across haters of MLP. So I started to use MLP memes because they were that butthurt about it. Through time I eventually grew interested and now I'm a brony. I think if I got anyone to thank it would be those haters, no regrets. 

Edited by Captain Variance

Just because I'm new here, it would be fun and interesting to hear how everyone else here became bronies.

When I became a brony it happened completely by accident, but it was still one of the best days in my life! I was bored as a normal day and watched a My little pony episode, and after that I could not stop looking. I just clicked through and on to the next episode. That's when I knew I had become a brony.

So, how did you become a brony? : 3

*Brohoof*

153px-Rainbow_dash_brohoof_by_names76-d5
Edited by The swedish Dashie
  • Brohoof 1

I actually became a brony through YouTube  :huh:

I was surfing YouTube one night, looking for some decent electronic music to listen to.

Then I came across Epic Wub Time: Musicians of Ponyvile. I was skeptical at first, but I gave it a watch.

After that, I searched the internet for the first episode of MLP:FiM (After finding out what the animation was based off)...

and it all progressed from there.  :)

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the forums!  :lol:

Edited by Crimsonn
  • Brohoof 1

I actually became a brony through YouTube   :huh:

I was surfing YouTube one night, looking for some decent electronic music to listen to.

Then I came across Epic Wub Time: Musicians of Ponyvile. I was skeptical at first, but I gave it a watch.

After that, I searched the internet for the first episode of MLP:FiM (After finding out what the animation was based off)...

and it all progressed from there.   :)

Can't remember the exact date for when I became a brony, though. It was a long while ago!

Hello there and welcome to MLP Forums :D

As for how I became a brony, it's kind of a process that took months. Back when MLP:FiM was causing a ruckus on 4chan, my then-girlfriend let me know about it. All I really did was scratch my head that a "little girls' show" was causing such mayhem on 4chan. Back then I had remembered the commercial for the show and the toyline drove me bonkers while I watched Beast Wars/Machines so really, I just shrugged it off. Fast forward to Aughust 2011, a thread about the show got made on the Metroid forums I'm a regular at and I even heard that the show gets talked about on other Metroid forums. That's when I got curious and went to check the show out. The pilot was alright but after episode 4, I was hooked.

So yeah, that's my story.

MLP Forums is kinda big and maybe you'll have some trouble settling in because of that like what happened with me. It's likely to take a while before all the names start to feel familiar. I've been active here for a while and you're more than welcome to private message me at least to chat comfortably if that'll help you feel more at home here :)

• Brohoof 1

Hiya swedish Dashie, and welcome to MLP Forums!

We in fact have a thread dedicated to sharing your story for becoming a Brony. Perhaps you should give it a look: http://mlpforums.com/topic/118-how-and-when-did-you-become-a-brony/ ;)

I'm going to leave this thread open as I do not believe you have another proper introduction thread -- but please use the linked topic above for sharing your Brony stories. Thank you! :)

• Brohoof 1

I got curious almost a year ago and decided to check it out. I have always loved cartoons and after my almost world destroying viewing of ikki tousen(pure garbage) i needed something to lighten up my depression. i was looking for a new cartoon to watch and my little pony: friendship is magic kept popping up. and the rest they say is history.

• Brohoof 1

It was like a six o seven months ago, I think... :o

I was looking for something interesting on youtube, then I found one of the chapters "Feeling pinkie keen", I found it pretty funny :lol:  After that I download the 3 seasons, and... well, here I am hahaha

Edited by Silver Miles

img-2085054-1-UJvKezR.gif

A big brotherly welcome to the forums The Swedish Dashie!

Not much different from you I reckon. I was just bored one day browsing a few web comics I was behind on and I saw the artist for VGcats recommend it. Prior to that I'd been trying to ignore all the hype of it because it was absolutely flooding the internet. So I finally decided to give in... enjoyed it... and so here I am. :lol:

Anyways, I hope you have a great time with us mate. Don't be a stranger. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I became a brony in October 2013. I found the show by a ytper by the name of Dathings1. He makes great ytps and he is a brony himself. But anyways, i asked him what was the dealio with the show and he said, its a great show to watch and a great fandom to be apart of, then he suggested that i give it a watch 'with a grain of salt'. So i gave it a watch and i liked it. Now i consider myself to be a brony :D

March 2011, and I'm surprised that I'm in the minority! I thought I had been late jumping on the bandwagon.

Someone on Tumblr had posted a vid of the song Winter Wrap Up. I'd been seeing ponies pop up in various places in the internet, and so finally decided to check out the song. Dang it was catchy. So then I decided to watch the show in order and catch up - the first episode that I could watch air was Over a Barrel.

Never really joined in the actual fandom - I only joined this site a week or so ago. I mostly enjoyed the show quietly by my own little lonesome.

This month. As for how? Well that is actually in fact due to an online reviewer known as SFDebris. He did the review of the Dischord storyline and it was a fun review. I went back to watch the series premier review he did and I found this sudden itch to give it a try. So I did, and Fluttershy sunk me hook line and sinker into it, I just love this show. It is one of the best shows in years to hit tv.

As for why did I become a brony, well I miss being a part of a fandom, I had been fandom floating for a bit and decided I love this show so much I will try to become a part of this one.