• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

i found out about this show through other forums. Other people would post those 3 second clips on youtube, and I thought it was dumb.

Then I gave it a try.

And now I love it <3.

There's no option for I don't remember. It feels like it's been forever and even though FIM hasn't been around that long I feel like I'd be devastated if it went off the air, omg I feel like I just tried to summon satan by typing that :( I think I have been a brony forever in my heart. My first episode was Boast Busters whenever that aired although I got the 5 pack for Christmas last year even though I had no idea what FIM was, it was ponies so that was enough for me. No shame, Nicole, you have no shame...

Sadly I can't recall the exact date, but I remember it was just as season one was coming to an end and there was a gap of months between seasons (that was a nightmare :'/)

I guess March~April-ish.

Oh yeah, found it by finally being overwhelmed by the cuteness of all the pony pics I kept seeing everywhere. Glad it came out to be only the BEST SHOW EVER.

Edited by Dizzy

My introduction to the series was a bit odd. I never really knew about the brony phenomenon until after watching most of season 1 (not every episode of the season was out yet). Before watching it, I kept hearing my online friend (HaxMega) complain about ponies being everywhere, and especially on MasterLinkX's channel on Youtube. He had no interest in all to figure out why there were ponies invading the internet, until our other online friend (LilZero) got us all watching it... and we kinda fell in love with the cute colourful ponies as well. That was all way back in March. And now, HaxMega is now one of the popular mlp:fim season 2 episode streamers. Funny how it all works.

I joined around October, just because everywhere I went on the internet I would see... ponies. Eventually I got sick of it and said "Enough! I'm just going to check the first two episodes and see why it's so popular!" Two episodes later I fell in love with the show, and look at me now! I'm on a forum completley dedicated to the show! :wub:

About a week ago I found it through lurking on 4chan, still idk if I qualify as 100% brony since im not really into merch or the clothing, but it has altered my life in minor ways for the better and I do enjoy the show. Its been stuck in my mind ever since and I don't consider it a bad thing. I make random quotes and references to the show around my friends even though they have no clue that it pertains to MLP, which is kinda fun. I was and still am really surprised the level of entertainment and morals it delivers to an older audience, and can be very addicting.

I became a Brony in early November of this year. I kept seeing these pony memes online and was like " You are wathching My Little Pony? " Then I desided to watch an episode and the I kept watching everything in my On Demand options. Then I went on Youtube and watched the whole sereis from the first to the current episode, in three days. I've been a Brony ever since.

During the cold month of April (it was still cold)... I saw this:

Posted Image

I swore I would never see it again...

Then when S2 came out I watched it. Haterism all went away in nanoseconds! Try it on a hater!

I discovered the wonderful world of Ponies thanks to my brother.

He was watching the episodes one day while I was playing Republic Commando with my friend. I heard some of it, and was like, "that seems kinda cool'' then later I decided to watch it, I had a 24 hour-ish marathon, and it was on the same day Nightmare Night came out.

I will remember it always..

• Brohoof 1

During the cold month of April (it was still cold)... I saw this:

Posted Image

I swore I would never see it again...

Then when S2 came out I watched it. Haterism all went away in nanoseconds! Try it on a hater!

Okay, this can be the show for little girls. I have nothing against the G3 (not G3.5) toys but the rest of it... it was lame... just too happy sparkly sappy lame.

During Mid-Nov. 2011.

Im open minded, and I tried the show after my best friend told me to see it.

Heh pretty much the same thing, just in June-July area, one of my best friends kept going on about it, nagging me to watch the show. I LOVED IT!!! Then I realised how little bronies there were in the school....

And thus my friends became bronies. I dunno how :P

Extra Credits made a reference to it during the summer. They showed a picture of Rainbow Dash and I thought: "What a pretty pony." Then, I found out about Lauren Faust's involvement after some research, and I searched for the thing on Youtube. The fan content did keep me at bay somewhat as I eagerly awaited the first episode of season 2.

Well I saw the first part of the first episode in January (I think) enjoyed it, but never got to see the second part, so I shortly forgot about it (ashamed of myself for that) Until I started seeing pony videos in my YouTube subscriptions, relized it was the same show, watched a few episodes, and learned what a brony was. In September, probably would have earlier but I injured my knee pretty bad in March, and couldnt even get to my computer for 4 months. But Im Fine And Dandy Now! B)

Well I'm gonna post my story since I'm awesome m'kay?

Waay long ago, I was on MAS3RL1NKZ channel and saw MLP: FIM, I unsubbed and said something like this "What happened to you? Why are you posting videos of a little girls show?" of course that's the last I heard of it... until the 3DS forums, saw the OT and was like "this again? Seriously?" Then sometime in August I was like "FINE, I'll watch a few episodes if it will shut you guys up", once my headphones were fixed in September I watched the first three episodes, the rest is as they say, history.

TL;DR, I became a brony in september

October of this year, watched all the episodes in one night, it was crazy... I had a week or two there i thought I had gone insane, but eventually after a lot of soul searching I came to and realized that i liked a show for little girls and didn't care what the world thought of me. So I told all of my close friends, most of them were indifferent but I found out that couple of them watched it as well and was psyched! :) I usually dont talk about the show around people who are not interested in it, though it usually comes up when they see me drawing ponies, I tend to stay away from the topic.

Going to end this now because im just going to keep on going if i don't stop myself. :D

I found out about it before it got massively popular, but I didn't watch it. Then I grew to hate the brony community when they first appeared. My friend became a brony and he begged me to watch it. So I did. By the time Apple Bloom asked Twilight to stay for brunch, I was sold.

I'm not sure which month I became one, but all I can remember is that I started out thinking I wouldn't like the show, gave it a chance and watched the first episode, THEN BAM! I got hooked :P

-the true story of my life-

Hi guys I would like to hear your story of how you became a brony. If there is already a topic on this or this isn't helpful or interesting, then lock the topic, how did you become one?

• I saw all these pony pics on the INTERNET. Then I decided to watch an episode of MLP: FiM and kept watching the show. Eventualy I watched all the episodes up to that current point. Now I watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic every Saturday to see the new episode. :)
Edited by Arc Brony 24
  • Brohoof 1

I found out about it on the website 3DSForums.com. At first, I didn't know what to think about it. Then I actually tried an episode. Ten episodes later, I realized it was time for dinner. I have been a brony ever since.