• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I never thought I would become a brony, especially considering that my self-declared arch enemy was one. Still, I decided to watch the first episode, just so that I could have another thing about this arch enemy to make fun of. I ended up loving the show more than anything, and thought it hasn't brought my arch enemy and I super close together, I can at least say I have more respect in her taste than I did before.

I joined in 2011 when the first season  was wrapping up.

It was a slow start for me...

I started off as one of those "I refuse to watch this because girly ponies" people. The first four episodes or so I felt pretty neutral towards, but I started to notice that as I watched more, I began to like the show more.

As soon as I made it to episode five, something magical happened and I couldn't stop watching. I am so happy to be here.

• Brohoof 3

copied from my intro topic:  I found out about mlp on a erotic furry art site when someone posted a link to the first episode in the comments. i watched about 10 minutes of it b/c i was bored and thought huh, cool. then about a month later for whatever reason i decided to go watch it again but this time i watched episode 1 and 2 and i got into it from there. 

I became a Brony in July of 2013.  The first episode hooked me and I have not regretted it since! I have friends who like the show as well, so we discuss the show all the time.  I love the show!!

Well wene the show came out I relly thought it looked cool so I started to wach the show but Imade some frinds and we were bulles and I was the worst and i was mean to bronys and hert some but yesterday Icame out and said it I'm a brony I'm no longer scared or a anti brony

How I joined: I Was looking for more Fanmade, Voice-acted Phoenix Wright videos on youtube and found Turnabout storm and watched all to part 4 of both sides of the story. Gave MLP:FIM a shot and I was hooked on it ever since.

I watched the first time and I was just happy so I never told anyone and Imade some friends and we were bullys and I was the worst and I hert some people for being bronys but yesterday I finly amited it it felt so good now I just became a relly brony

• Brohoof 1

I was on Failblog.Org one day, and saw a new site for My Little Pony. Remembering what the show was like when I was a kid, I clicked it. I ended up laughing so much that I went on youtube and watched the first few episodes, I loved it, and now I watch it whenever I'm alone.

I was wondering what was the deal with those pony avatars some of my friends had on skype, so i asked, one of them told me everything i needed to know, watched the episodes, and here we are.

It was on a campout with some friends. A warm December night. (I live in Hawaii right now) We were in the tent talking about random stuff.

"Did I ever tell you guys I'm a brony" Says one of the three of us in the tent.

"Woe woe woe. A brony?" Note at the time I was the the defenition of a hater. It really is a Saul to Paul story.

Anyway: "Yes"

"..."

"What are you a hater or something?"

"I wouldn't say hater..."

"Does that affect anything?"

"Well no. I've know you for like three years"

"Good. You should watch the first four episodes"

"Sure..."

A week after the campout...

Well i guess i could... I mean i won't become one of them...

Presses play buttion.

Four episodes later...

Oh my gosh i want to watch more!

Much later...

Wait... I'm a brony now...

That's my story. 

I'm a brony and proud of it!

The initial flood of pony artwork on the web (particularly deviantart) back in 2011 got me interested. Started looking into it more and got hooked within a week.

The good:

I had a very tough semester both with school and personal life right after that and I credit MLP for calming me during stressful times. It's amazing how much those little ponies can cheer you up when your mind is wrecked by the dark side of life...mostly. 

The bad:

Unfortunately that was during the summer I was taking multivariable calculus, though it ended up not doing anything to my grades :D.

• Brohoof 1

I first got into the show to impress one of my best friends. Let's call her Rachel. Rachel and I weren't very close, but I had the biggest crush on her for many years. She was an age above my own, so we didn't have many classes together. One day in our theater class however, she told me that there were boys that watched a show called "My little Pony". Of course, I laughed at what she said. What man would demean himself to do such a thing?

As I said this, she cut me off and said that she would love to date a guy who loved the show. Apparently, she was something called a "pegasister". At that moment, I knew what I had to do.

That night, I went home and watched the entire first season. I texted her, and we talked nonstop about the show. I spent my time watching the show and being on the forum. This was three years ago now.

I don't think I am a brony yet. My daughter likes the MLP stuff. I think I'm just more of a fan of actual bronies, then MLP. lol. If that's actually a thing. I just think it is cute and interesting the way adults let their freak flags fly with the pony stuff. My daughter has watched most of the episodes, I only have watched a little of it. I think I have watched more Brony reaction videos then actual MLP episodes. Yes I'm wierd. :)

I'm coming up on my 1-year anniversary. I was sitting there laughing to myself about how stupid this kind of fandom is. "I should watch some of this show to prove my point," I believe was what I was thinking.

The rest is history.

Edited by Kelario
  • Brohoof 1