• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

There were actually multiple influences that got me into MLP:FiM. The fanart, fan made music, and fandom itself but, the thing that truly pushed me into MLP was my curiosity toward the show and fandom. Well that, and a friend that was currently watching the show told me to watch it.

I have no regrets, Im extraordinarily happy that I have become a brony and joined the fandom.   :muffins:

Multiple, actually.

1. One of my friends on another forum that happened to be a brony, ans big fan of Lyra. Another one that seems to like everypony quite a bit, but Vinyl Scratch more in particular.

2. I accidentally discovered My Little Brony. This is why I used to be a dashie.

3. I was suicidally depressed when I started. Now I'm not that terrible of a state. But occasionally, I will slip into depression.

4. I also happened to have a half brother that actually is a brony (Rarity fans... Mongrels. JK JK XD)

My best friend and I 2 years ago or 1, (not the essence), we discussed TV shows: Lost, Game of thrones, The Walking Dead, and here, my friend said that watched a few episodes of My little pony. He said that it's a huge concentration of kindness, well I'm not being troll, and I'm educated man who always accept friend such what is it. I  said OK, but I decided for myself that I will not watch, because I easily get attached to the good cartoons (especially Chip and Dale). Passed 1.5 years, I was sitting in the kitchen, eat Breakfast before work, clicked control panel, hit on the channel "Carousel" (Russian cartoon channel) there was a pilot series of the second season. My thoughts: "Is it those legendary pony? OK, nothing special, I expected something more" Switched the channel. It has been 2 minutes,  I switched back to ponies,and prayed to nobody me saw no one " Motherf***...What the hell I'm, watching?!?! This is the same for little girls." . I went to work as under hypnosis, everything was so bright cheerful all day I thought about little ponies, though I didn't knew no one character there. I came home and downloaded all seasons... 

I had a friend who liked it, and he sent me a link to the first episode, which I was very skeptical of and as such didn't watch.
A few days later I was browsing the Internet and noticed that the show had a KnowYourMeme page. Having read this, I eventually decided to watch the first episode, and was hooked.

And the rest, they say, is history...

Ironically, the friend who got me into it has left the fandom, believing it to be irritating

I started back in early October, sometime. I was turned on by deviantART, actually. That place is a goldmine of everything pony related. Seeing all of the stuff related to it made me think that there must be something up with the show for it to be so popular. Long story short, watched the first two episodes (couldn't just watch one, darn two parters!). I liked it. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, like when you eat the greatest cookie on the planet. 

Instant bronification. 

I was 19, and I bet a co worker I could get a date with the Russian exchange student. I got slapped when I accidentally insulted her in Russian. And for losing the bet I had to watch a random " little girls show" and of course he was there to confirm I did it. By chance, MLP FIM was the first listing on the netflix for kids screen, and eh rest is history. No regrets.

I joined the herd october 25th last 2012 

I have only recently returned after a long time of my accounts silence but than my Cousin Marcato

Brought up the Poni arcade which i though sounded Interesting so i have than returned to this wonderful

Community 3 short days ago!

I start to buy the merchandise, even if I didn't watch the show, I buy because it was cut :catface: 2 months later I watch the 1 episode and I was like "this is a little girls show"(i was 15 when I watch the first episode so Im not a little girl) but in the 2 episode I really enjoy it because all the things of the elements of harmony and that s**t and I identify a LOT with Fluttershy :P

I became a brony sometime in April last year (2013), I think. I was aware of the existence of MLP FiM and bronies a long time before that though. So, I'm in this web forum called MGS Forums, and I'm invited to join a certain Organization within that forum and I accepted their invitation, because they seemed cool.

This is when the process began. I couldn't help but notice the Pinkie Pie graphics of a certain member. I had seen bronies in other places in the internet before, like Youtube, but I've never really tried to talk with one. I asked, "What's with the pink pony, dude?" He replied, "Oh, it's from MLP FiM, it's a great show" then I said "Yes, I know about the show, I just don't get this 'phenomenon involving it. It's just a regular cartoon to me. A cartoon made for little girls for that matter". And the discussion went on and on, he even teased me, saying that he could make me a pony signature. In the end, he didn't convince me to watch the show, but I didn't judge him for the fact that he watches cartoon ponies, 'cuz he's a great guy.

A few weeks later, a friend of mine invited me to watch a movie in the theatre. I agreed and went to watch it. So, we got to our seats kinda early, so I got my iPhone and started browsing the internet a little. I then went to that forum to check if there was any new posts in some threads. That guy with the Pinkie graphics posts there everytime. When my friend spotted his images, his brony switch turned on. "DUDE!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WATCHED MLP!!" "What? No, this isn't me, it's a friend of mine in the internet" I knew this guys since I started High School and I never had any idea that he was a brony. That made me curious. "Wait a second. You watch this show too?" "YES, YES, I know what you might be thinking, but it's a great show!!" And we talked about it until the film started and interrupted our conversation. We didn't touch the subject again. But my curiosity grew even larger. I know two guys who watch this thing. They both say it's awesome. Hmm...

A week later, my friend spots me on Facebook. We start talking about stuff, until he asks if I watched the show. I said "No." "C'mon dude! Just give it a chance!". I was actually very curious about MLP, but I couldn't tell him that, could I? XD I just said "Maybe". After that small conversation ended, I went to the forum to ask that Pinkie guy where to start watching it. Let's just say he was quite please with my question, to say the least XD. He told me to just watch them on Youtube.

So, I went to YT and searched for "my little pony season 1 episode 1" and watched the first premiere. It wasn't that bad. I put another episode. And another. And another. And another. By the time I stopped watching it I already reached "Fall Weather Friends". Yup, I was hooked.

And there you go. How I became a brony.

tl;dr version:

Two guys tell me ponies are awesome.

"Meh, okay"

*watches MLP*

"THIS THING IS AWESOME!!"

• Brohoof 1

well ya see it all started 2 years ago when my older sis was watch mlp w/ her b.f. at first I was all like "pfffft! YOU WATCH A GIRL SHOW 4 2 Y.O.s wow!" then after watching 10 seconds of dragonshy I secretly fell in love while pretending to be all "RAWR PONY HATE!" then my sis told my to watch the 1'st episode so i was like "Fine! ugh  >:(" i watched it and fell even more in love w/ it to the point where i was like "i like mlp! deal w/ it" kind-of sitch then one thing led to another and now i'm a bigger fan of mlp than my big sis (SHE NEEDS TO WATCH THE SEASON 4 EPISODES I am frustrate.) and that is how i became a brony. :)

Became a Brony on April, 22nd, 2012.

Looking up some memes and I started to come across the pony parts of the meme thing. I thought "Lololololol! That's a funny one!" Note: I didn't know I was looking at MLP. Then I shared it, someone told me it was MLP. I thought, "God dammit." I never went to look up meme pics again. So, I went on and looked somewhere else and saw more ponies. I took this as a sign saying "Go watch the show ya weirdo..." So I did thinking that it was stupid of me. I got hooked on it after the first episode. I thought (literally) I was the only teen who watched this at an... Older age. 

So that's how I became a brony! 

Well, I'll start by saying that I had a rather negative opinion on bronies to start with, assuming that the entire fandom was creepy, but my friend began to watch it, but I didn't understand it at all, I didn't know why he'd watch some show for little girls, but one night I was bored, so I thought... "Why not? I'll just watch the first episode and see where it goes.", needless to say, I watched all the episodes over the next couple of days, and nearly a year later, with Season 4 on, I'm more happy than ever to be a part of this fandom.

Edited by Princess Shy

Well I was a small fan of the show for a while during Summer, then I started thinking what I became a brony. I thought about it for a while then I was like "Yeah!" It wasn't until around the Season 4 premiere that I accepted myself and joined the fandom. I have no regrets.

Edited by Rainbow Alejandro

Date 17 of December 2013 at around about midnight "I'm bored oh well lets see what all the fuss is about might watch it to see if i like it"

2 and a half days and 72 episodes later "well i guess i'm a brony now"

I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED AFTER THAT BINGE SOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED. 

i joined exactly on july 25th 2013

one day i was BOOOOOOOORED so i started to look for something to do,and when i didn't found nothing,i had a brilliant idea,watch ponies

i've heard before of bronies,but i never tried to watch the show,but that day i was sooo bored,that i looked for the 1st episode

when i noticed it,i was watching dragonshy,and then i said oatmeal,are you crazywell,i'm fucked

now i don't regret nothing about watch a show for little girls :)

Edited by Lightwing19

How? 

At a offspring concert song "your gonna go far kid" First mosh pit I have ever been in. it was great. Went home couldn't stop listening to it, then guess what! Rainbow Dash PMV came up for the song. It was amazing! 

When?

Hmm 2013 I think beginning  of freshman year. Watching MLP really helped me out during the fresh man year.

So, when I get older I am hoping to repay the brony community. 

Edited by BronyParkour