• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I just saw a commercial, got hypnotized by the colors, and then I was looking at what the next episode was going to be about, it was "Green isn't your color" so then I watched the episode in the morning, I fell in love with the show (and Pinkie Pie), then looked up for what the next episode was about, and it was "Cutie mark Chronicles" and then I started to watch them every morning before school and every afternoon after school, I did not keep it a secret at all, I told a bunch of kids in school, I made sketches of my favorite ponies and I was constantly humming Pony songs, and a few days later I found the Bronies and now I'm here because of Facebook

Started off by seeing ponies EVERYWHERE, and I mean EVERYWHERE on the internet. I actually really enjoyed the artwork and thought alot of the pics were funny. Eventually it drove me to do some research on it and found out the show was actually well liked and comparable to Foster's and PPG. With that I decided to watch an episode, fell in love with everything all at once and marathoned just about the entire first season (there were only a few episodes left when I joined the herd :s)

I was indifferent to the show for the longest time, I never watched it though i saw the occasional pony meme pic here and there. Fast forward to two & 1/2 months ago, I had heard some of my friends talking about the show, again I just thought to myself "everyone has their guilty pleasures and vices". One friday night I was board and utterly un-entertained (i know its not a word) by video games and quite depressed, so I decided to give the show a try since i had nothing better to do. That night i shelled out almost $100 to watch colorful ponies after watching the first 3 episodes because I needed it then and now, and my life has forever been changed. 0.o

P.S. oh my god dizzy, dat avatar! stop stickingyourtoungatmerbd!!!!one11

None of the above?

I love memes and such and when ponies began appearing all over them I was cute-struck and decided to start watching the show,

I fell in love with the story, characters, voice acting and animation;

the rest is history . ~ (:

I was lurking on 4chan and came upon the usual mlp thread with the usual memes, and checked it out to see if there were any unrelated pics to lul at. Then I stopped and looked at some of the pony memes, which normally I used to pass by, and realized that there were people within my own demographic that were actually enjoying the show which I couldn’t believe. So I did some research and figured out that the show is full of nostalgic references to relevant content for my age group and its simple way of portraying a positive outlook has helped various people who have experienced hardships. So I was doubtful about enjoying it, yet watched the 1st ep and was like what the hell this is actually good, and continued to watch every single episode.

I was browsing the internet one day...and saw a recolored rainbow-dash. (However, at the time, I just thought it was a green pegasus...)

Anywhoo... I payed no attention to it, seeing as I didn't pass by the site I saw it at too often.

Much later...Like months later... I stumbled upon the "Evil Enchantress" song, sung by Fluttershy.

Which of course got me curious as to why a female pony's voice got so deep, and why the heck a pink pony had a spotted tongue.

All I had from there was the name "Fluttershy." Which wasn't a ton to go on, to find out everything possible about the show.

I randomly Googled "Fluttershy" from time to time... And every now and again I'd find some disgusting photo of her...

But maybe a few weeks later my brother showed me a parody of the first episode. Which got me the name "Friendship is Magic." Which from there, Googleing was easy.

I learned it was a show with colorful ponies that had a large fanbase.

I was a bit skeptical...My Little Pony? I didn't know who Lauren Faust was, so that had no effect.

But I didn't hate anypony for watching the show. I just figured maybe it's not for me.

That summer, I flipped on the TV for my sister, and Strawberry Shortcake was on (the show before ponies.) I took a nap, and woke up at the beginning of ponies (really I was still half asleep.) In my dazed state, I watched the remainder of an episode of My Little Pony (I think it was DragonShy...but it's been a while.)

Coming home, I watched a few episodes in the car on my phone, then from my computer.

I had finally watched about half of season 1 when I found "The Official MLP thread" on the 3DSforums.

I started posting ponies, as expected.

And then... Feld0, the person I secretly make burnt offerings to, created this forum. Which really turned me into a complete brony.

I am still not much of a fan of the term "brony" it just doesn't roll off of the tongue as easy as "Lyra Heartstrings." I will definitely call myself a pony-fan. And I would describe it to anypony who asked as being a pony-fan. But Brony just sounds a little to childish for my tastes.

Edited by Fghik

I became a brony on December, recently. I was done with my school exams, and wanted to take a break, and check out this pony thing. After I clicked the play button, I did not press pause. I started watching from the first episode and up to the latest episode up to date, in less than 5 days. :blink: yes ponies are a kind of addiction. :wub: I'm sure you all have realized that already ;)

I have seen pony pictures on flickr, and various places. I thought they were just memes, like the troll face, and ignored them. One day, during break time at school, a sophomore was watching MLP on his laptop. That was when I realized it was a cartoon. I then googled 'My Little Pony'. The results didn't really come out as I expected. I later found out that the show was called Friendship is Magic. I searched that up, and went on a rampage, watching episode after episode, nonstop.

I can thank Kurtiss on how I was turned into a brony. I went to another forum from this one called 3ds forums Kurtiss was also an admin there. Well, I find that he talks about ponies all the time there and then I found the thread after awhile I actually decided to watch an episode and you can see what has happened. So thanks to Kurtiss for making me a brony. :lol:

how did i become a brony? well ill tell you how

to first understand you must understand my relationship with cartoons,i had all but given up on them, when spoonge bob hit cartoons just became stupid and unwatchable for me, and if your wondering i do hate spoonge bob, i spent a lot of time watching the mediocre cartoons on toon disney(with the exeption of saturday mornings when i watched kids WB), untill one day, i was in 6th grade, i rediscovered the discovery network and the histroy channel, and left cartoons behind.

now, lets continue on with the story, fast forward to august 2011, one of my internet friends confesses to being a brony, i was shocked after going to urban dictonary to look it up, i was a complete jackass to this guy for a week, then i just delt with it, still in august i became curious and watched the first episode, i thought it was ok, but my adittude never changed, some on then told me to watch 5 more episodes and these were my exact words "is that a challenge?"(by the way, when i watched episode 4 when apple jack says this, my mind was blown) so i watched 5 more, again my adittude stayed the same, but as time went on, more and more bronies started appearing, posting memes and referances, so went and watched all 26 episodes, 1 day, looking for the enlighting thing, i was confused at how a cartoon show could attract so many followers, after i watched the 26 episode i hadnt changed a bit, but out of dumb luck, and pure coencidence, after i watched the 26th episode, that saturday, the 2cnd season started, if that haddend happen, i probably wouldnt have become a brony, so i watched the 1rst episode, then the 2cnd, now we get to the 3 week delay between episode 2 and 3, during the first week, i started my YTP(which can be found in ovtavias hall) i origenaly made it to make fun of the serise and to throw as many gay and anti brony jokes as i could, however, this required me to watch the episodes multipul times inorder to squeze every last joke i could out of them, and i did, but not without concequences, the second week, we will call the denile period, my sanity was at its end, i would break into mental breakdowns, wild manicle laughter, exessive talking to self, fingers twiching, fortenantly i was by my self when these happened, this was also the week i started looking at the pony tumblers, one of those bronys showed me one earlier and decided to check on it again, it was ask princess molestia, and latter i found ask little miss rairity, i started looking at those, i told my self its dark humor, i can deal with it, on the 3rd week, i was at the point i could trigger a mental break down at will, these things were common occurence by then, this is the week i read cupcakes, then episode 3 hits, i watch it, i found that i enjoyed it a little, and i could relate to some things, this as you can imagine was not good for my sanity, but i told my self i am watching these episodes to keep track of this thing, the more i know the better i can combat it, fast forward to november 16, that night, it was a dark and stormy night, lighting and every thing, i was pacing around my room confused and uncertain, as i had been doing for a while, so i went to sleep, and on the moring of the 17th, i was a brony, i had confessed to my self that i enjoyed the show, plus doing so restored my sainity, a week later i bought a tee shirt, and on december 1rst i joined these fourms, and you know the rest

30,000 cookies to you if you read that whole wall of text

Two words: RELATED VIDEOS

First of things you should know about me, I'm a big fan of memes. And Ponies have a LOT of them.

I was just watching asdfcomp's videos of internet memes and such (funny stuff on youtube), when I laughed at the related video being about ponies. I watched it and had a good laugh, but then came the slow feeling of becoming a Brony. 1 more related video about these ponies that I thought were so cute. Then another, and another. Pretty soon I watched episode 1. Then every episode to date. Now I'm sitting at the TV every Saturday morning waiting for the next one to air.

Edited by Zero

I can thank Kurtiss on how I was turned into a brony. I went to another forum from this one called 3ds forums Kurtiss was also an admin there. Well, I find that he talks about ponies all the time there and then I found the thread after awhile I actually decided to watch an episode and you can see what has happened. So thanks to Kurtiss for making me a brony. :lol:

I wish I became a brony like that :c

Darnit kurtiss, why must you live in Canada :c

None of the above.

I was a fan of the first show long, long ago and have kept up with pony news ever since so that's where I started hearing about a new pony show being developed about "friendship". This didn't appeal, sounded sappy, to me at all but after the G 3.5 crap I was willing to try pony anything to get that out of my mind. First I saw the 5 pack set, all the collectors and me were terrified because it was so different than the ponies we loved and knew (I bought them anyway because I hoard ponies) and freaked out a bit. When finally the show time rolled around, I was scared but chimed in with boast busters and I liked it :) I'm so glad it wasn't like I was imagining, which would have been a cheesy little girl show about love and happiness with conflict that only went as deep as "I had a bad dream". Whew!!

I started back in July when my friend started spaming my steam chat with links to the regular and abridged episodes. I figured that it would be worth a try. Now I compleated all of season one and all the mentaly advanced episodes that are on youtube.

None of the above?

I love memes and such and when ponies began appearing all over them I was cute-struck and decided to start watching the show,

I fell in love with the story, characters, voice acting and animation;

the rest is history . ~ (:

That ironically happened to me too, I loved the memes, I wanted to make sense of them, started watching season 2, and I love it, I should've made that an option! (BRB, gonna do that real quick)
  • Brohoof 1