• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I've been a brony since mid-July. I don't remember when, but I watched the first episode before and didn't like it much so I gave up on the show. On a dare, I re-watched it and uh - here we are.

I started watching FIM in around 2012, but I only really recently started referring to myself as a brony. 

I was a fan of the show before, but wasn't fond of the label "brony" ~ what it "meant" to other people in some bs derogatory sense, but since plunging into the show and fandom this year, I've discovered just how much this show and it's fanbase actually mean to me.

MLP: FIM is helping me through some seriously difficult times in my life.

I have issues with stress, anxiety, depression, and situations in my life that are truly testing me.

I go through periods in which different characters mean different things to me; I absolutely idolize the characters. - 

If I'm feeling sad and depressed, I'll idolize Pinkie Pie. 
If I'm feeling down on my body image, I'll idolize Rarity. 
If I feel I need a boost for my work ethic, I'll idolize Applejack. 
If I feel like I'm getting slack with exercise, I'll idolize Rainbow Dash. 
If I feel like my bitterness is getting me down, I'll idolize Fluttershy. 

If I feel like I want to boost my confidence with studying, I'll idolize Twilight Sparkle. 

This show taps into my every extreme strength, every extreme weakness, and tells me: "Hey, it's okay; there are still solutions, and positive resolves sometimes, even if you mess up really badly". It comforts me. Nope, I'm not perfect, I'm not some social butterfly. I don't have any friends other than my boyfriend. My job makes it incredibly difficult for me to meet new people, being as I work entirely from home. I know some people will hear that, and take it upon themselves to negatively stereotype for being some "pale shut-in with no friends, that's why she likes pastel ponies", but heck, who cares? No one everyone is perfect, and if some show brings me happiness, where's the issue?

It isn't at all often that I see characters (much less cartoon characters) represent things that speak to me not only as an adult with adult responsibilities, but the actual pitfalls and the struggles of managing the negative effects that those responsibilities can cause on an emotional level, wrapped up in ultimately strong, positive, endearing, personalities.

TL;DR - When I started to realize that whenever I saw bronies enthuse about their deep love for this show, on a level that surpasses just a random show they watch, and I understood exactly why they felt that way, and didn't care one iota about what other people would think of me for relating to them ~ that is when I felt comfortable calling myself a brony, and happily adopted the label. 

Edited by babymoondust
  • Brohoof 1

I first heard about the show on a Land Before Time forum. And there I saw a topic about this show. I to was skeptical about liking it. So one day I gave in and watch one episode and I got hooked. After four episodes on the hub I was really hooked so than I watched season one on YouTube and became a fan.

Like yesterday. I didn't realize how much I'd like this show, and didn't think that I would. It's just.. it's just a good show! I like how each pony has such a specific personality. Now i understand  :lol:

welcome to the fandom good to see another recent addition :)

• Brohoof 1

I go through periods in which different characters mean different things to me; I absolutely idolize the characters. -  If I'm feeling sad and depressed, I'll idolize Pinkie Pie.  If I'm feeling down on my body image, I'll idolize Rarity.  If I feel I need a boost for my work ethic, I'll idolize Applejack.  If I feel like I'm getting slack with exercise, I'll idolize Rainbow Dash.  If I feel like my bitterness is getting me down, I'll idolize Fluttershy.  If I feel like I want to boost my confidence with studying, I'll idolize Twilight Sparkle. 

I love this! 

welcome to the fandom good to see another recent addition :)

Thank you thank you thank you! Glad to be here :)

• Brohoof 2

I don't remember the exact date/month/year/age of me becoming a brony (or watching the show). It's a long story, so get comfortable.

A lot of girls at my school liked MLP. I thought it was the weirdest thing. Even this girl that considered herself a tomboy watched the show, I despised them.

I've always loved the show The Fairly Odd Parents. If you guys didn't know, Tara Strong voices the main character. I love her work. I tried watching every movie/show she was in.. and I came across MLP. I still ignored it and pushed it aside.

Our cable finally got the Hub, and I started watching it and came across MLP. I decided to just watch an episode. I don't know the specific episode, but it was an episode in season 2. I do remember "The Last Roundup" being ONE of the first episodes I watched.

I wasn't majorly obsessed with the show, but I still really liked it. One of the reasons why I started watching MLP was because of all the girl bronies at school (I don't like the word "pegasisters" :P). I had a guy friend who HATED me liking the show. I didn't care. His little brother liked it too. I remember sometimes we would watch it together :D

I remember watching the season 2 finale just when it came out. I moved to another state a few months after that. That's when season 3 started, but I didn't have the Hub so I couldn't watch MLP. It wasn't a big deal to me.

A while later (actually, a few months ago) I was on YouTube, and I came across one of my favorite PMVs by YBH and I thought "Wow, look at those scenes. Why didn't I ever finish watching this show?". So this summer, I've been watching all the MLP episodes (even re watching a couple since I've already seem them). NO REGRETS. I loved it. I loved the show even more than I did before. I also started watching fan made things like music, animations, artwork, analyzing videos, etc.

So yeah, that's how I got where I am today. :D

Edited by UmmScootaloo
  • Brohoof 1

I ain't gonna lie, I'm into the girls with the thick bootys. So when I saw the mlp show I was all like, daaaammn! That's a nice booty! But yeah the shows cool too. I'm trying to catch up with the current season.

• Brohoof 3

A few months ago I noticed that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic had been added to Amazon Prime (a streaming service in the UK that's basically like Netflix. I was aware that the show had a massive fandom and I'd seen a few fan animations and songs on Youtube but I'd never actually watched the show itself at this point. I figured I might as well see what all the fuss was about and watch the first two episodes.

Next thing I knew, I was completely hooked on the show, becoming a much bigger fan than I have ever been of any other tv show. I found myself watching multiple episodes a day, reading the comics, buying merch and joining web forums to discuss the show online. Earlier this month I met up with other bronies for the first time and I can't wait to do so again.

I'm going to echo what others have said and also say that the show has had positive effects on my life. I had quite a few insecurities which made me feel bad about myself sometimes(mostly that I was very shy, afraid of new situations, I hate confrontation and I'm not into sports or cars or most other things most other guys like). Since I started watching the show, I've resolved to live my own life and not care what others think. I've also found myself feeling more motivated and optimistic about the future.

I feel like I've really found a place where I belong in this fandom :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Earlier this year i used to despise this fandom, i viewed it like alot of others as some sick form of escapism, and saw it as insanely silly and immature. tjat was was before i actually inquired into this fandom. when i saw the level of aristic talent that's present here i began to somewhat get interested. i blew this off for a while and carried on for a while. it wasn't till about mid-June when i finally got a decent ammount of free time to myself that i continued to inquire on the fandom. again, seeing the ammount of creativity again ignited my curiosity on the show itself i began with the first season and fell in love with it, i actually binged the entire series within a week.

I became a brony about a month ago. At first I thought that I would never watch the show because it seemed strange to me at the time. But then one day curiosity got the better of me and I watched the first episode. I loved it and couldn't stop watching for the rest of the day. And now I am done all 4 seasons and can't wait until season 5. :D

A few months ago I noticed that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic had been added to Amazon Prime (a streaming service in the UK that's basically like Netflix. I was aware that the show had a massive fandom and I'd seen a few fan animations and songs on Youtube but I'd never actually watched the show itself at this point. I figured I might as well see what all the fuss was about and watch the first two episodes.

Next thing I knew, I was completely hooked on the show, becoming a much bigger fan than I have ever been of any other tv show. I found myself watching multiple episodes a day, reading the comics, buying merch and joining web forums to discuss the show online. Earlier this month I met up with other bronies for the first time and I can't wait to do so again.

I'm going to echo what others have said and also say that the show has had positive effects on my life. I had quite a few insecurities which made me feel bad about myself sometimes(mostly that I was very shy, afraid of new situations, I hate confrontation and I'm not into sports or cars or most other things most other guys like). Since I started watching the show, I've resolved to live my own life and not care what others think. I've also found myself feeling more motivated and optimistic about the future.

I feel like I've really found a place where I belong in this fandom :yay:

ponies and bronies help when you need them most welcome to the forum my friend :)

• Brohoof 1

I became a Brony about 2 years ago, I kept seeing ponies pop up on DA and on youtube, and that is how I was introduced to ponies and the brony fandom, and I do admit that I thought it was really strange, that changed when curiosity got the better of me and I decided I would sit down and watch one episode just to satisfy my curiosity.  after the first episode I decided to watch another just to see how the first 2 parter ended and by the third episode I was hooked.  and by the end of the first month I had finished all the episodes and I was a brony.  This show and the community that has formed around it have not only helped me come out of my shell but has also helped push me to start drawing again.

I joined on Nov of 2012 after my friend introduced me to the show then when I was at my lowest point the show saved my life instead of giving into my sorrow I watched S1 E1 then much later my sorrow became my friend and I used it to my advantage and I write sad fics about MLP so far I only wrote one but I have plans on writing more

I was begged by someone to give the show a chance for weeks and months back in 2011. When I finally did, I fell in love. And now I'm here. The End...? :muffins:

That was October of 2011 when McDonald offered mlp figures. My two best friends told me about mlp few days ago so I decided to watch one episode and, of course, fell in love with this serial. After school trip we went to McDonald and bought some of toys. I chose Fluttershy. 

October 13th 2011 at about 4:10 in the morning. I posted an article on Facebook about some terrorist the CIA droned, and I needed a funny YouTube video of someone crying. I found Crylight Sparkle and recognized the purple horsey from /b/ and decided to find out just what in the hell that was all about. A week later I was caught up, just in time for Luna Eclipsed

• 2 weeks later...

I joined in December 2012 when I decided to give the show a watch to see what all the hype was about. Initially, I didn't think it was anything amazing and I considered it to be an okay show until I got to Dragonshy and I became hooked.

• Brohoof 1