• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

Around early Feb 2013. A friend of my was one of those bronies that wouldn't shut up about it. He is one of those guys that kills the experience for any kind of TV Show, Anime, Movie or Game-_-. I was well aware of what I was getting into upon hearing his "reasons" for watching the show, but I wasn't going to bash the show because of him. After working a 12 midnight to 8am shift, I woke up at about 1:20ish in the afternoon and was browsing channels. That's when I came across the Hub and the Title sequence was running. I told myself "5 minutes tops, lets see what is all the fuss about"

><; after saying that I said 5 more minutes, and then said screw it might as well finish it. Turned out it was refreshing and the comedy was spot on. I then decided to watch it from the beginning . .

The Episode I saw that day Season 1 "Green isn't your color"

Its a funny thing actually, watching a video on the "Mine Little Pony" minecraft mod made me interested and then I got into the fandom. After that I found out that one of my best friends has been a brony for a while

(edited)

Is bronyhood so easy to qualify for, that you only need to watch some of the show, and enjoy it?

I was under the impression that it was a more hardcore thing than that.

Well I'm just about done with season 2, and I did just join this fan site, so...I might not be so forward as to self-proclaim myself "BRONY" quite yet, but...I do seem to be sliding down that slippery slope!

Edited by Flint Sparklehooves

Is bronyhood so easy to qualify for, that you only need to watch some of the show, and enjoy it?

I was under the impression that it was a more hardcore thing than that.

Well I'm just about done with season 2, and I did just join this fan site, so...I might not be so forward as to self-proclaim myself "BRONY" quite yet, but...I do seem to be sliding down that slippery slope!

you are  brony when you identify as a brony.  if you dont identify then no one can point at you and say you are a brony just because you like the show

you are  brony when you identify as a brony.  if you dont identify then no one can point at you and say you are a brony just because you like the show

Ah, gotcha.

Perhaps I will bestow that honorary title upon myself when I actually buy some mlp merchandise, or make some fan art.  And speaking of art, I do need an avatar, after all...hmm, where's my pencil...

February 18, 2012 was when I made it official. Nearly the end of January or the beginning of February when when I first started watching it. I go to anime conventions and the internet and at the time I saw bronies taking over those places. So I got curious and started watching the show on YouTube until I got caught up. Bought a whole set of mane six brushable figures and walked into Jayson Thiessen's panel at the convention I went to on the weekend of 2/18, and the rest was history.

I first because a brony in Febuary 2014 because I saw it on the internet and I was curious why people liked it so I watched it and became a fan, but in September 2014 I stopped watching it (I don't remember why). I started watching it again in May 2015 and now I absolutely love it again!

(edited)

When MLP:FiM showed up on radars, I didn't really care. Only saw couple of youtube videos and parodies. Somewhen in 2013 though, I was in the middle of watching Doctor Who. At certain point I stumbled upon a Doctor Whooves thread and even watched video on YouTube. I think it was called "Doctor Whooves and assisitant" where a pony character, that had quite a strong resemblance to the Tenth Doctor, was hanging out with Derpy. After the video I went to Deviantart and had myself some cute art (I really liked the whole thing with those two being together). After that I sort of forgot about it.

It all went all-out in mid-July, 2014. I lived alone (like now, actually), not a single person was available to hang out with, going on a beach alone only made things worse (for some reason spending time there and swimming gives me quite a powerful melancholy punch). Plus I had troubles with finding a summer job. So I was laying on my bed with my MacBook, doing nothing productive at all. Wanted to watch something, but I was tired of all that anime I was watching. So I have finally decided to give a shot to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. First I watched the first episode. Then I watched second one. Then the third one...and fourth one...and then finally I realized that I MUST keep on watching it to the end. On the next day I went to Newbury Comics and bought Elements of Harmony book. Furthermore, I found lyrics to every song of seasons 1-3 and always opened the book during songs and kept it up with songs. After I was done with all 4 seasons and EG movie, I realized that it was not enough, so I decided to give a try to IDW's MLP graphic novels. They turned out to be decent enough for me and now...I keep track on them and even collect them on my pony shelf.

Eventually I started getting myself more merchandise to enjoy. I realized that I have become a brony...and was totally fine with that. The rule of cute won! Plus nice art design and not-so-complicated and simple plot did its part!

Edited by Reach Apl

I'm not a brony, woo-hoo for being different I guess.

I guess to somewhat balance it out, I'll explain why I'm here.

So, like, I'm an honest guy. I like to listen to everyone, and I like giving my honest opinion back. I've talked to weeaboos, westaboos, all that, just for insight on their little cultures.

I've never gone and talked to bronies, though, so, I searched for a central hub of horse-fans. And woop-de-doo, I found one. This.

I've seen two episodes of the show, and it's not my sort of thing, but I like discussing stuff like this none-the-less.

• Brohoof 1

I became a brony some where between the end of season 1 and beginning of season 2 but before that i hate a couple PMV's on my favorites on youtube but still had the "pfft My little pony is for... (Add random insult)" Then one day i ran out of things to do and i was listening to the music in my favorites. Wooden toaster's Rainbow factory, Bronydanceparties 20% Cooler and a 'you're gonna go far kid pmv' so i decided to watch at least the first couple of episodes.

Episode one i barely made it through laughing at how weird and stupid a guy watching the show was, though the opening about the princess's was interesting, but the ending of the second episode got me it was more kick butt then i expected, next thing i knew i had watched all of season one in just a couple days, from there I've just kept sinking into the fandom now i'm here posting on forums... I NEVER POST ON FORUMS! O.O

Becoming part of the fandom has probably been one of the best things to happen to me.

I started watching MLP:FiM somewhere in mid-late January 2013, a friend told me he's checking the show out, and out of curiosity, I asked him for links to the episodes. Was watching MLP:FiM for the next few weeks after that. :P

Was in late 2012, about October/September. I was part of another forum community and the amount of pony related images and stuff kept increasing. Decided to check out the show to see what the hype was all about. After about the first two episodes I didn't completely hate myself, so I continued. Quickly determined who my favourite characters were. And now I'm here.

I caught a friend watching the show and asked him whats it all about. I have to admit that i laughed a bit about the fact that he watches MLP, but after the first three episodes he literally forced me to watch, i had to say, that its a great show X) :yay:

Someone on a site was talking about an upcoming episode. I replied saying that I might watch it. Few weeks later, I remembered that I said that and went watching.

I believe I joined the herd somewhere in June, 2015.

I decided I was a fan coinciding with the end of season 3. I was catching up on the entire thing on youtube, got to the end and was absolutely [dingleberried] when I found out the season had just ended.

For me , I was 17 when I started to notice these cute ponies. People on deviant art kept talking about it . I heard it on the Internet . But it looked to cutesy. Then .. I got so mentally sick when I was 16-17. I started to watch the show a little, and slowly became a Brony when I decided to fimd a fan site. Now here I am :) thank you all for your kindness and generously !

I first got into MLP when my best friend was talking about one day during school around October 2013, and I truly got into it when I started reading 'Your Summon Is Pink'.

(edited)

I joined the herd either late June this year or early July! I liked the show a little anyway and didn't mind it, I'd seen a few episodes before... But then I went to my friend's house and saw their AWESOME season 4 (I think it was season 4, anyway, can't remember that clearly) poster. I told them I was jealous. They remembered that. Next time they came to mine we watched a couple of season 5 episodes together and I was hooked! WHY DID I NOT LOVE MLP SOONER!?

Edited by Wolves

Oh my. I forgot the exact date on when I became a brony/pegasister. All I know is that I've recently watched the shows around the late 2014 (November or December). Anyhow, it doesn't matter much to me. I'm already stuck with you guys in this pastel-colored wonderland that is MLP, might as well enjoy it. :)