• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I didn't become a brony until the winter and spring of 2012. I can't remember exactly which month, though, but it was some time before the royal wedding finale of season 2.

I saw these pony posts on the Internet and I was like, "My Little Pony? Seriously? What's so appealing about an IP/show for little girls?" Then, in the fall of 2011, I watched the flash animation, "APPLE.MOV," on YouTube. I was like, "My Little Pony is that popular among dudes like hotdiggedydemon?" I watched the other 5 and, after that, I gave MLP:FiM a chance. I watched season 1 and I thought it wasn't bad; not great, either. Then I watched season 2 and holy sh.... I really enjoyed the premier 2 episodes where the mane 6 dealt with Discord! I also enjoyed the royal wedding finale.

Because the show has gotten better since season 2 and the brony fandom, I decided to become a brony, myself. MLP:FiM is not one of my favorite shows ever, but this fandom is awesome!

Edited by d^_^b

• 3 weeks later...

Back in 2013, when I used to watch minecraft youtubers a lot, I used to love Kuledud3, who was the only real brony I knew at the time. The idea seemed interesting to me and I gave it a shot, and loved it. :D

It was a long process. About two months before Equestria Girls premiered, I saw some Mlp episodes on demand. For some inexplicable reason I just decided to watch them. I became really interested. But what really got me involved with the show was watching Silver Quill on YouTube. I guess watching those reviews helped me see that MLP was a great show. And that is how I became a brony.

• 2 weeks later...

I became a brony (or pegasister) back in sixth grade (I'm in tenth now). I was watching Youtube videos and stumbled upon some clips of MLP FiM and I loved it! I was looking up to see if there were any episodes and once I found them, I was hooked on it. After a while I stopped liking it as much as I did and drifted away from MLP. Now I am back into it a lot! MLP even made my friendships better with some my friends.

• Brohoof 1

My joining of the fandom was by complete accident and slightly tragic. Back in October 2013, our oldest dog had to be put to sleep because he had cancerous growths in him--one was connected to his liver--so it was a pretty tough time for my family--I miss him even now after all this time. Anyway, when I woke up on a particular Sunday, I turned on the television to YTV, and the first Equestria Girls movie was on. Immediately, I was mesmerized by what I was seeing, and despite only seeing snippets, I was compelled to watch the rest of the movie online at any cost--I did so within a matter of hours.

From there, I decided to watch the first three seasons to get caught up, and it took me about a week to go through them all. I had plenty of free time on my hands thanks to being finally finished with university. I love MLP for what it has accomplished, but my heart will always be with Equestria Girls, as it was that which got me here.

• Brohoof 1

Back in September of 2013. I had been watching the show with my little sister for some time and I liked it, but I hadn't actually considered watching it on my own. I was kind of curious, specially after seeing a part of The Return Of Harmony and thinking that it was really awesome (I actually thought it was a movie). I don't remember exactly how I found out about bronies, I had seen people crazy about MLP in the Internet before, but I also had seen people crazy about Barbie movies and Monster High so I didn't consider it to be too different. I think it was after seeing videos of Minecraft with the pony mod that I realized there was something else to the show, and after watching some MLP videos I watched Sonic Rainboom and The Cutie Mark Chronicles on Youtube, and I liked them a lot. Then I found out about the fandom and I thought it was great, so I checked out the pilot and fell in love with the show.

It's kind of embarrassing to admit how much Twilight's speech about how the mane 5 were her friends got to me. It's so cheesy  ^_^ but that's the moment I realized I was gonna love the show. 

• Brohoof 1

So the long story of how I became a brony: One day in early  2013 I was in a public library, and while I was reading a book, the MLP theme started playing. I looked up and there was a little girl watching MLP on one of the public computers. After the theme ended I went back to my book and forgot about it completely until the June - July holidays. At this time I had recently acquainted myself with Fanfiction.net, when suddenly an idea randomly popped into my brain. "What the hell Is MLP". I searched it up and found a Fanfic called 'It's all Hooey' by DisneyFanatic2364 (better known for the 'Bride of Discord' series). After reading I searched the web for MLP, found the TV show, watched it, liked it, the end.  

I just made a few changes to my original intro post since it pretty much describes how I entered this fandom.

I did not discover the show nor fandom until well after it was underway. So a couple of seasons had already passed me by before I happened to accidentally catch an episode and give it a chance. Honestly I really had no desire to try the show at all and just was really too biased to look beyond my first initial thoughts when i first heard of it.

Whether by luck or fluke or what have you, I found myself sick and stuck in bed in late 2014 i believe. Channel flipping I ran smack dab into an episode of MLP:FIM... Putting Your Hoof Down to be exact... right at the part where Flutttershy is just attending Iron Will's seminar. I paused and watched just to see how awful the show was because, you know... car crashes and all. I had every intention to loathe the show and swap channels after a few seconds and forget it ever happened... but I didn't. I ended up watching the rest of the episode and became a fan from that moment on.

I went back and watched the entirety of season 1 in order, followed by the rest of the seasons in order until i was caught up. Since then I have gotten into the comics, picked up some of the Funco collectibles and badgered a couple of other random people about this unusual hobby of mine. I have done some fan fiction on the show mostly exploring the areas outside of Equestria proper because as much as I like the characters and concept, the world itself is so full of untapped potential.

• 3 weeks later...

I did in December 2011, BUUUUT I WAS 13... So after a short break I rejoined last year (funny enough also December) And I mostly rejoined after creating a story I call MLP: Train Of Memories... despite it handle more roads than trains lololol

And honestly I have dream - I don't say lol - but I planned 5 seasons of about 12 episodes from one end to another ^^'

I will say from there i may have been an official brony ^^'

The last week of January 2015, I had an old friend over to my house, and she introduced me to FiM. We watched the S1 premiere episodes and maybe the next one or two after that, then she went back home. Not a day later, I fell sick with a cold and was soon stuck in bed, for the most part at least. So on a whim, and with nothing better to do, I decided to watch some more FiM on my own.

So very glad I did.  :D

• 4 weeks later...

Judging by the dates on some of my drawings I would say it all started around 2012. My then boyfriend kept talking about the show and asking me to draw the ponies. I kept saying I didn't really have any interest in that. Then one night after he was deployed to a new location that kept him out of contact I decided to give the show a watch. I ended up watching the whole first season before going to bed and the next day I started drawing ponies and singing the songs. Even after he dumped me I kept drawing the ponies and watching the show.

• Brohoof 1

I am not a brony. I am here because I know plenty of anti bronies and neutral folks, but no bronies. I like to bang on all cylinders, so you're suffering me. And then also I plan on shooting a bumper making fun of the recent election using your fandom, which means I first need to know stuff about said fandom.

I had friends who were into FiM circa fall 2011, but I only half-paid attention while they were watching. Interestingly enough, my younger brother found the show around the same time and got super into it (I figure he has an account on here somewhere; I just don't know his screenname). I'm a longtime furry, going back a full decade now at least, and so I'd see the occasional pony artwork over on the furry sites, but other than the sudden impossibility to search for artwork of horses I didn't pay it much mind. I knew enough about it to know the Mane Six and the general premise of the show, but not much more than that. But in the past month or two it's changed; searching for more artwork, little snippets of fanfiction here and there, and really reading into the show itself. The whole thing is incredibly well put together, and the characters are distinct without being entirely stereotypical. Plus, I got into a couple of the more "epic" style fanfictions, and now? Well... here I am.

I think I became a brony around December at least that was when I remember truly becoming obsessed with it first through grimdarks then other fanfics and I finally had to watch the show and once I started their was no stopping my transition from non brony to brony

Yes, I know, Equestria Daily already did it, but this is a different community, so it'd just be a little something interesting! Self explanatory, what month did you officially become a Brony? I can't remember exactly when I did, but I'm thinking it was somewhere around May.

It started with some fan videos from a youtuber called Hotdiggedydeamon. A month after realizing he had some issues to work out I decided to watch the first episode so I could give proper critique. I liked the first episode and watched the second. A few weeks later I felt like watching one more because normally the first episode is pretty good in any show. I got hooked after the third and realized/accepted that I was a brony a few weeks ago.

when i was in midell school i was a bit clingy to all of my friend's (manly cuz i did not have many ) so when my friend cie introduced me to my friend kellin i got attached one day kellin ask me if i was into mlp well at the time i didn't know what the show was so i said no. He suggested the show to me so i started to wach it well after a while i became obsessed with the show and more clingy to it and Les clingy to my friends. now im not obsessed with mlp but it is still my faveret show and my friends are happy im not super clingy .......................... you think thay did that on prpus?

Edited by Hoppy

• 3 weeks later...

I was watching a video on YouTube about episode of children's shows that were abnormally dark and one was Party of one from MLP. I had no desire to watch this "little girl show" and had some rather bad preconceptions about bronys. But my curiosity got the better of me and I watched the episode I had heard about. At first I was like this shows kinda cute, I guess, but that "cereal box's" fake accent really puts me off, (Applejack's one of my favorite characters now) and why does everything have to be a horse pun.

Well several weeks passed and I couldn't get that show off my mind, so I went back and watched another episode, which led to another and another. Then the unthinkable happened, a certain pony who looked oddly familiar said allons-y. After this I knew I had been assimilated into a new fandom and resistance would be futile.

I eventually shiped out to basic and the whole time I was there I had this new fandom on my mind. Then after dropping subtle (some were less subtle) references the whole time, on the last week I walked into the dorm and someone was drawing their OC on the whiteboard. This was my first encounter with a brony and I learned that my preconceptions about bronys were very wrong.

Edited by pointfiftytracer

Alrighty then, This is going to be a Long Post, on August 23, 2015; I was at the mall (Concord Mall) with my Bro and My Dad and We went into Bass Pro Shops to see the Fish (Used to see em when were in the Mall as a Kid) and I encounter a Little Kid who wore a Batman shirt and was holding a Pony Plushie (Don't ask me what Age He is and No I didn't talk to him), and I didn't watched MLP until later on August 30 2015, I want to watched MLP so badly so I download a pirated (Mods/Admins, Is Pirated a Illegal word to say that? If yes, Let me Know by PM and I'll get rid of the word.) folder for Season 1-3 episodes for MLP and While I waiting for it to done, I left my laptop on because they Call my Name just so I can watch Big Brother with em and After I finished, I went to bed, then 1 day Later, I woke up and after Couple of Minutes, It's finally done downloading and I watched the first 2 episodes (I tried to watch the 1st one with Quicktime Player (It works but it's laggy as hell (Please Note I was on my Old Laptop) so I just had to watched the 2nd One on Windows Media Player) and It was a Great show but I didn't became a Brony until I finished the Season 1 Finale and then After I watched Season 2 Premiere Part 1 and 2, I realized to myself that I been a Brony (well not yet, Didn't own any Merchandise, until then I just a Fan for MLP) and since Then, I enjoyed MLP and watched 4 Equestria Girls Movies, Season 1-6 Episodes (Still waiting for Season 7), though I didn't joined this Forum until It's the right time to join this Forum.

Short post: Pirated (again still Illegal to say that) Season 1-3 episodes then 1 day later, Watched Season 1 Premiere Part 1 and 2 and thought It was a great show but after I watched Season 2 Premiere Part 1 and 2, Realized to myself that I been a Brony. (Again, Just a fan for MLP without Merchandise)

Oh No, I made a Long Post, Now nopony is going to read this.

Edited by Zachary