• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

Well, I found a video named Smile HD and after watching that, i found ponies very cute so I got interested with MLP.

Actually, I was a hater in early 2015. But I found it no reason to hate the show so I didn't really hate MLP before I become a brony.

It's all thanks to @Writer Rhyme, for he is the reason why I'm here in the forums now.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

start of august, 2018

It was the summer right before freshman year of high school. I was on YouTube and noticed there was nothing to watch. I loved watching animations and I went on piemations' channel and saw some pony videos. I watched them and they were pretty funny. I started searching through multiple websites in search for an answer to the question "Why do bronies exist?". I kept looking this question up for multiple days, on about the second or third day of googleing "why do bronies exist?" I found a a wonderful website called "Mlp Forums" by Poniverse. After that for a while I only watched fan made mlp videos, nothing from the show until about a few weeks later. To this day I still never tell anyone I like mlp:fim

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 2

Whenever the star scream vs rainbow dash death battle was. It intrigued me that RD won the fight and so I did further research. Back then I still thought mlp was for girls and didn’t really watch till like 2014ish. The tirek fight caught my attention and just drew me in (mainly cuz the dragon ball style fight). Best thing that ever happened to me^_^ 

only discovered the forums like last year

Edited by MidnightDawn

I liked watching it since before G4, but my love boomed when I was watching it with somepony special to me.

I went to a con, and then to my first local Belgian meet up. That is where I met my best friend.
It had a big, huge, positive impact on me.

I would have never be who I am today if it was not for that moment. 
I am very gratefull for all the memories made, and all the friendships made, and I am gratefull for what this future will bring me.

Maybe you, yes the one reading this now, will become one of my dear friends. I would love that. Filling you're heart with friendship. Because it is magic!

• Brohoof 2

I dunno if I've already posted on this topic, buuut...

I became a brony in-between seasons 2 and 3, so back in 2012 or so methinks.

An "internet girlfriend" of mine (long and depressing / kinda mature story, don't ask) was on a call with me, probably on either Skype or the old Gmail voice chat they had back then. She came to me and was like "hey man, you gotta watch this show", and ofc since I was a totally different person back then, I started laughing at the idea of watching a "F'in stupid girl show".

Then after some serious pressure from her, I caved in and watched the 1st episode of season 1, laughing / cringing the whole way through.

...Then I loaded up the next episode, then the next, then the next, etc.

However, I didn't really immerse myself into the fandom until just recently, right around the time of the final Bronycon (RIP); even though I did do some RPing and such on Second Life for a while back in 2012

On 8/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, A Small Bear said:

Interesting how 2010 isn't even an option!

I started at the tail end of season 1 though. Interesting how I managed that considering how poorly it's aged.

Lol, don't tell the majority of the community that x3

S1 is considered sacred by many it seems

• 2 months later...

I first became a "brony" when it first came out... I must have been six at the time. I grew up with the show up until Season 5 when I started to look at other interests. I was still there in Season 6, but by Season 7 I had moved on. I only came back once during that season when Starswirl came back, since it was obviously a big thing at the time. Then I forgot about it entirely.

It was only last September when I found out it was ending and went on a nostalgia trip that ended up with me getting massively back into the show now that I'm 15. That's when I would call myself a full brony, or pegasister technically. 

• 1 month later...

I have been into MLP since before G4. It took a while for me to become a brony, so I would say at the end of 2012. A few Youtube videos converted me, and I decided to watch the first two seasons.

I first watched it on 2011, when it first released on Turkey. I watched it but I was 5, so it doesn't count as Brony. In elementary school, I lost interest on MLP. But, on October 2016, I saw a few Bronies on the internet, and you know the rest.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was in 2012 when I was 19.  I saw the Winter Wrap Up video come up on my tumblr and watched it.  I was hooked the instant Rainbow Dash sang “Three months of winter coolness"  It already just looked too cute! 

I just knew I had to go give it a watch, and it was everything I could have hoped for. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've talked numerous times about how I became a brony and just how much this show means to me, but what I'd love to know is, what turned you into a fan? What was it about them that made you feel so happy? Let me know below!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I love cartoons that's mostly why I like it as it's a really good cartoon but since it is a cartoon I was bound to watch it. Same is true for anime, however I became a brony by pretty much watching the show with my siblings then watching it alone as they kind of just told me to do so. 

Then as I watched it I fell in love with world and its characters the mane six really it just gave me a lot of good vibes my dudes. When I heard about the fandom actually prior that also had me interested was lot of hype on it the year 2011 to 2012 so while I first considered myself a brony in 2012 I just really loved the show you know bros.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It was seeing people make art with these characters which was how I started hearing before about the show, curiously, I started watching the show more recently and I felt excited after looking into the colorful characters and backgrounds, but it was really the heart of the show that I felt a connection to. Friendship is special but what made this show memorable was about how they were all different but they accept each other even for their flaws.

Edited by Starry Sky
  • Brohoof 1

When i watched on the TV and looking for a nice movies, serials and even old cartoons, i wanted to see what's going on in the program cartoon called 'Minimax' (a cartoon program from Romania) and i saw there was My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (basically in romanian language). The very first episode of mlp was on the Season 5 episode 'The Mane Attraction'. When l saw how wonderful Rara sang her song 'The Magic Inside' l was crying of happiness, like Applejack did. Countess Coloratura (aka Rara) is soo beautiful and her voice was sooo wonderful like an angel when i saw her singing her song. And when i stay on my laptop or on my phone, i was searching for more episodes (in romanian and in english too, maybe i will learn something in english), and my favorite character is Rarity because, like her, l am a generous person too in real life. MLP:FiM, even if it's over, lt will be always have a place in my heart! <3 Basically i am so proud to be a brony! :yay:

• Brohoof 2

It was all about the design for me. The thick wide lines, clever use of gradients, and simplicity of the design was key for me. About this time, everything had to be 3D to make it. Some Disney shows had experienced with Flash animation, and it had the design, but the actual animation was cheap. Here is one show that used Flash about 5 years earlier than MLP FIM:
450?cb=20121206122300

Lol, where have I heard that name Dave Polsky before?

Looking at Lauren Faust's sketches, it can be noted the style of thick clean lines aren't there:
562aa73f9b6bfce2c2328d609f799d9a.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I already knew about MLP from the older generations but stopped liking it because I grew out of it. When I saw mlp g4, I got curious by the character's design and give it a go. And now I'm here.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I first started to notice MLP:FiM online back in 2012 when I noticed a lot of pony avatars cropping up on other forums I was on. I was kind of curious so I watched the first two episodes of season 1, then a couple more, quickly followed by the rest of season 1 and 2 by which time my journey to the dark brony side was complete :fabulous:

Guess the reason why I stuck with it is I really liked the characters and the art style of the show.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, TBD said:

I already knew about MLP from the older generations but stopped liking it because I grew out of it. When I saw mlp g4, I got curious by the character's design and give it a go. And now I'm here.

Coooool. Another pre-FIM MLP , like me! :kirin:

That's why I wanted to highlight the design, being the most important to me, since I was already a fan of MLP before FIM.

• Brohoof 1

Back in the day when I was a little detention-prone little ball of a 6-year-old (kidding, I'm not that old XD), there were three shows popular in the first grade:
Wizards of Waverly Place, Dog With a Blog, and MLP. I have no interest in the show before this, but my friends being strictly Team MLP, told me to give the show a go before being a judgemental Judy. So I went on Netflix and watched the first two episodes. And than the entire first season. And than the second, and the third. My friends and I used to pretend to be the Crusaders all the time, and it was honestly the best. I got out of the fandom around 2014/early 2015 cause everyone thought they were "too old" for it, so I kinda just stopped cause I didn't wanna be judged. I still loved Equestria Girls and watched the first movie 1-2 times every year though. And when I was like 11-going-on-12 I was like "hey, remember Equestria Girls?! I wanna watch it!" So long-story short, I watched it. Watched the sequels for the first time, and eventually got back into MLP....no clue why Dragon Quest was the first episode I started to watch again but eh...

• Brohoof 1

It was mostly the plethora of fan content that got me a little interested. Eventually, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check the show out. I was not disappointed.

• Brohoof 1

In the Autumn of 2019, loool so quite recently, I was bored, so I was like let me give this mlp EQG films a go. Then I got hooked inot them. Only started watching FIM after finishing the whole of EQG. People think I'm weird for watching it but I'm fine with that. I just really enjoyed the characters, the plot, the world building, so I fell in love with the series. 

• Brohoof 2

@TomDaBombMLP

I have merged your thread with an already existing thread discussing how and when we became bronies/pegasisters. :mlp_smug: Also, just for future reference, the section General Discussion is for non-MLP related discussions. :oh_golly: Cheers!