• July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

• 1 month later...

I was a mlp kick and rewatching the old 80's cartoon and one of the new MLP eps popped up on a youtube random picker.  Which i was a bit shocked they had made a new MLP and gave it click,  and here I am!   :derp:

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I started watching The Mysterious Mr Enter's Animated Atrocities review series back in 2015. I came to really like his videos, so I checked out his MLP reviews as well out of curiosity (I knew nothing about the show or fandom beforehand). The show looked good to me from what I saw in those reviews so I started watching the show and came to love it myself. I wish he kept up with the show post Season 5, I'm curious what he would think of the later seasons.

Edited by Lone Traveler
  • Brohoof 1

On 2021-06-27 at 10:42 PM, Splashee said:

I am expecting to re-validate myself as a Brony after the G5 movie has been released! Exciting ^_^

I am a Brony again! G5 has been released! :love:^_^

Seems like the G4 stuff is still very active, trending on Netflix. The entire G5 was just a movie. Bronies are still a thing :derp:

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

I became a brony Sometime between October to November in 2021. Sorry my memory is a bit fuzzy about the actual date I became one

Anyways, Here is how I became a brony. 

I'm 16 and here is my story

I was in a very depressed state at the time, So I thought to watch some TV to make myself happy. I found nothing interesting on TV expect for shows that where basically documentaries about serial killers and murderers. Because of that, I ended up watching these shows

My Mother didn't approve of me watching these shows and told me that watching them will make me upset. She kept sending me signals that watching these shows isn't a good idea

Because of that, I decided to think of something else to watch. Then for no reason, My Little Pony popped into my head. I have no idea why it popped into my head, it just did

I thought to myself "maybe I could watch that" but I also thought to myself that the show was going to be lame

I decided to watch the very first episode of Friendship Is Magic on YouTube. While I was watching it for the first time, I kept thinking "This show must suck" but when the episode showed that Luna turned into nightmare moon it really caught my attention and I thought "Hey that's pretty badass"

I kept watching the episode and I started to fall in love with the cute ponies and just the show in general. This show was something I never saw before and It really captured my interest

Over time, I started watching more and more episodes until I completely fell in love with the show. Not so long after, I became a brony

That's how I became a brony

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t remember the date exactly… just that I was still active duty and talked to my friend Lacey about the show first because she watched it too and we’re the same age. So I was probably about 24-25. Which would be like 7-8 years ago now… 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I haven't replied to this thread:

I discovered MLP FiM more by accident than by choice. It was early December 2020 when I was sitting in covid curfew for weeks without end and was kinda burning out from a bad job. It was tather late after 9 PM and was watching AMVs on utube. Suddenly I got a recommendation for  something called Friendship is Musical. Had no idea what it was, clicked on it and liked it. I finished the content of Tridashie and was hooked enough to click on a another recommendation of reaction to the Filli Vanilli episode.  Loved the episode and Fluttershy and started watching the show. After I finished it I searched for ppl to talk about it and found this place in January 2021.

Not sure, what date I should name. It should be something between early Dec2020 and 17.1.2021 (my joining date here)

• 1 month later...

I believe I discovered and fell in love with the show sometime in September of 2012. I would have been 13 years old at the time which honestly just hurts to think about xD.

I actually wrote a whole blog about how I got into the show back in the day. I basically used to spend a lot of my time asking random questions on Yahoo answers and one time I asked what people do when they are scared (Likely cause I was doing some late night creepypasta reading). Someone responded with a video to the Pinkie laughter song from Season 1:

That basically lead me down a path of eventually watching the show out of curiosity. I fell in love with the show! but only actually learnt about bronies a few months later. I originally thought I was alone in my love of My Little Pony as a guy. Turns out I wasn't :derp:.
I do sometimes wish I could thank that person from Yahoo answers since I owe a lot of the experiences I've had and the wonderful people I've met over the years to My Little Pony, which in turn boils down to this singular person who caused it all. 

• 1 month later...

I became a brony on March 2022. Yes, I did start watching the show a couple years ago, but I only become a true brony on March 2022.

I simply remembered about how I used to watch the show when I was a kid, so I decided to watch it again and so I became a brony.

• Brohoof 1

I remember watching MLP:FIM on a Czechoslovak kids channel called Minimax.

I don't remember when I started watching it first (probably sometime between 2010-2012) but I really liked it and watched since then.

But then, I abandoned it maybe sometime in 2015/2016 I think (I don't remember).

But, I recently came back to it (I still haven't watched first episode till the end, cause I'm very shy of someone seeing, that I as a boy is watching this stuff!) :pistachio:

It's cool, I remember having Rainbow Dash 🌈 as my favourite character (I thought she was boy), before her, I think my favourite one was Twilight Sparkle. (Primarily because of her stories)

I hope better days are ahead for the fandom. (I am optimistic)

I hope PewDiePie and others will watch it sometime. 

• 3 months later...

2013 from an old friend. I’ll codename her “Cam”. I haven’t spoken to her in years. She always mentioned MLP on her Facebook. One day we were on the phone and she asked if I was a fan. “But Cam!” I say, “Isin’t MLP for girls?” (In retrospect I truly apologize for saying that, I was younger and more stupid.)

It was then I learned what a brony and pegasister was, that a ton of guys were watching and reading MLP, the fandom, the show, the comics (She loved the comics more than the show). 

Curious, I did a Google search. “Huh” I said, “I like the art design a lot”.

Now, my cable plan back then didn’t have The Hub. The first time I watched MLP was a video file download on some site I don’t think even exists anymore. It was all of Season 1 crammed into a single video file possibly ripped with a TV Tuner. I distinctly remember the file having commercials.

I watched all of Season 1 that night and was hooked. Later on I ended up buying the DVD’s on Amazon.

Note: Because it’s been so long some details might be inaccurate.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, SpikeForce said:

2013 from an old friend. I’ll codename her “Cam”. I haven’t spoken to her in years. She always mentioned MLP on her Facebook. One day we were on the phone and she asked if I was a fan. “But Cam!” I say, “Isin’t MLP for girls?” (In retrospect I truly apologize for saying that, I was younger and more stupid.)

It was then I learned what a brony and pegasister was, that a ton of guys were watching and reading MLP, the fandom, the show, the comics (She loved the comics more than the show). 

Curious, I did a Google search. “Huh” I said, “I like the art design a lot”.

Now, my cable plan back then didn’t have The Hub. The first time I watched MLP was a video file download on some site I don’t think even exists anymore. It was all of Season 1 crammed into a single video file possibly ripped with a TV Tuner. I distinctly remember the file having commercials.

I watched all of Season 1 that night and was hooked. Later on I ended up buying the DVD’s on Amazon.

Note: Because it’s been so long some details might be inaccurate.

Nice.

Welcome to the herd my brother! Brohoof! /) (Reply with '(\' )

Edited by Sun Dash Note

• 3 weeks later...

I did not become a brony of my own volition, I had people assume I was because I liked cutesy things and had a pair of Rainbow Dash ears bought for my birthday. From then on I sort of just accepted that "yeah, liking ponies makes sense for me" and I have not left the herd since--that was, uhh...2016? I was however very aware of bronies from Scratch in 2012-2014, so I've always been interested even before I gave in to pone :wub:

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

I became a brony in 2021, and that happend absolutely accidentally.

Back then I have just started my studies at the university, and immediately I was flooded with homework, different projects and presentations, campus activities - all of that wasn't hard actually, but I was rather shocked with the quantity, especially after my school years when everything was so much more understandable and easy) In general, there was not much positivity.

Then once - and it was somewhere in November if I remember it correctly - I was visiting my cousin, he was 13 at the moment, and I was 17. That is quite a big age difference, and overall we never shared interests, but this day, everything changed. It appeared to be that he is kinda into ponies from the age of 5, back than he already saw some episodes on TV, and he also knew about such things as Smile HD, Rainbow Factory and others - luckily, it had no bad impact on him (or at least I suppose so) and he didn't become dark brony or anything like that) He was showing me different MLP-related memes and other things, while knowing that I have almost no idea who all the characters are. I, however, didn't mind him doing all that.

It is also important to say that I already knew about bronies - I knew about the "bright" and "dark" sides of the community, and I was a little bit sceptical towards the fandom in overall, like "yeah, it exists, and it's kinda strange, but who am I to judge?" Still though, i remember that before becoming a brony I liked Sunset and Applejack. And also I thought that Rarity is not in the Mane 6. Funny.

So in a couple of days after visiting my cousin, I decided to give the show a try - I asked him to watch the show from the beginnig with me when I meet with him again. At that time, I just needed something happy and positive to distract myself from the university (though now I understand that evading problems is not the best option.)

So we met again. Turned on the first episode. And that is how I got hooked. At first, it was unbelievable for me that I like the show about ponies. But I guess that is the phase almost everyone went through out there) Episode after episode, and I couldn't stop. Sometimes I watched them by myself, sometimes with him. And when I found out about the documentaries, fan games, forums, musicians, all that things - I felt like I am entering a world which I never saw before. And I wanted to become a part of it. I wanted to contribute, but there are not many things I have done so far - I participated in Reddit's "Place," here I helped to protect our pictures and some others; Also I created a playlist where I save music from brony musicians and from the show itself so that I can reupload it if there will be a need for it. And I wish I can do more than that someday.

When I finished watching FiM - aproximately at the and of the summer of 2022 - I cried. And I cried like never before in my whole entire life, of that I am sure. A rollercoaster of emotions I went through at this moment is undescribable. That might seem a bit too much openly, but I am not afraid to admit it, cause that shows what a life-changing fandom we have.

So after 2 years, I am still here. All thanks to my cousin, even though he is not into ponies anymore. For the first time in my life I have that feeling of community, a belonging to a subculture even. And that is wonderful. With every day of my being here, my life gradually becomes better. And even if one day I won't be an active member of the fandom, I will always be a brony in my heart.

P.S. Yeah, that is a long post. And maybe some things are not about the case, and maybe I was too emotional. But I finally had an opportunity to speak out, and I used it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

23 minutes ago, Ponoptikum said:

I became a brony in 2021, and that happend absolutely accidentally.

Back then I have just started my studies at the university, and immediately I was flooded with homework, different projects and presentations, campus activities - all of that wasn't hard actually, but I was rather shocked with the quantity, especially after my school years when everything was so much more understandable and easy) In general, there was not much positivity.

Then once - and it was somewhere in November if I remember it correctly - I was visiting my cousin, he was 13 at the moment, and I was 17. That is quite a big age difference, and overall we never shared interests, but this day, everything changed. It appeared to be that he is kinda into ponies from the age of 5, back than he already saw some episodes on TV, and he also knew about such things as Smile HD, Rainbow Factory and others - luckily, it had no bad impact on him (or at least I suppose so) and he didn't become dark brony or anything like that) He was showing me different MLP-related memes and other things, while knowing that I have almost no idea who all the characters are. I, however, didn't mind him doing all that.

It is also important to say that I already knew about bronies - I knew about the "bright" and "dark" sides of the community, and I was a little bit sceptical towards the fandom in overall, like "yeah, it exists, and it's kinda strange, but who am I to judge?" Still though, i remember that before becoming a brony I liked Sunset and Applejack. And also I thought that Rarity is not in the Mane 6. Funny.

So in a couple of days after visiting my cousin, I decided to give the show a try - I asked him to watch the show from the beginnig with me when I meet with him again. At that time, I just needed something happy and positive to distract myself from the university (though now I understand that evading problems is not the best option.)

So we met again. Turned on the first episode. And that is how I got hooked. At first, it was unbelievable for me that I like the show about ponies. But I guess that is the phase almost everyone went through out there) Episode after episode, and I couldn't stop. Sometimes I watched them by myself, sometimes with him. And when I found out about the documentaries, fan games, forums, musicians, all that things - I felt like I am entering a world which I never saw before. And I wanted to become a part of it. I wanted to contribute, but there are not many things I have done so far - I participated in Reddit's "Place," here I helped to protect our pictures and some others; Also I created a playlist where I save music from brony musicians and from the show itself so that I can reupload it if there will be a need for it. And I wish I can do more than that someday.

When I finished watching FiM - aproximately at the and of the summer of 2022 - I cried. And I cried like never before in my whole entire life, of that I am sure. A rollercoaster of emotions I went through at this moment is undescribable. That might seem a bit too much openly, but I am not afraid to admit it, cause that shows what a life-changing fandom we have.

So after 2 years, I am still here. All thanks to my cousin, even though he is not into ponies anymore. For the first time in my life I have that feeling of community, a belonging to a subculture even. And that is wonderful. With every day of my being here, my life gradually becomes better. And even if one day I won't be an active member of the fandom, I will always be a brony in my heart.

P.S. Yeah, that is a long post. And maybe some things are not about the case, and maybe I was too emotional. But I finally had an opportunity to speak out, and I used it.

Hello, welcome to the herd!!! /)

Eeyup, it surely was an accident! 😁

Edited by SunIsLost
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
On 2023-08-05 at 8:56 AM, Lawfulspark said:

i know im pretty late, but i joined at the end of season 2. i think about the time i came out of basic training from the Airforce. still like it to this day.

Welcome /)

I first found out about FIM after I watched a PMV of Discord and Fluttershy singing Master of the House from Les Miserables back in 2013. At the same time, my younger sister was watching the show and brought me in to watch it too. She was obsessed with Spike x Rarity episodes and would seek out those specific ones to watch from the wiki. I was like "ew, girl show" but that was more just me trying to hide my enjoyment of the show. Then I watched more and more in my spare time, and we eventually binged the episodes. It was by then that I called myself a brony and I'm proud of it to this day!

• Delighted Giggle 1

• 1 month later...

It started when I first discovered this video in late 2015. I was rather surprised when I found out that the song was originally from a My Little Pony cartoon. I have heard of the franchise’s name before then and initially dismissed it as some childish show targeted to girls, but after watching that and this video numerous times, my curiosity got the best of me and I looked more into the characters on both the show’s wiki and TV Tropes. The first episodes I watched were Stare Master, Rarity Investigates, and Read It and Weep and I’ve pretty much been a fan since.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...