Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Shift draws a Keldeo on a tablet.

Shift

I'm not sure if this counts as a pony or not, but whatever.

So since I just got an art tablet, I decided to actually try it out. Long story short; it was a lot of fun and I screwed around for an hour. So after making multiple smiley faces, I decided to actually attempt to draw something that wasn't inherently bad. I decided to attempt to draw a Pokémon like a pony, and thus I settled on Keldeo Resolution Form. Because I should really not go for a drawing of a Xerneas when I have never tableted before.

Here is my attempt. I'm still learning and messing around but it still looks good, and god it takes a long time to make these things. The shading on the tail sucks.

Keldeo_zps41dc7fbe.png

So man having a tablet makes my drawings much neater and ~professional~. Maybe i'll get better over time, who knows.

• Brohoof 5

Cute. I liked how your colouring style is similar to Pokémon artist Ken Sugimori. Not only that, but it does have some features similar to a pony, which I find to be a nice touch. :3

So adorable! ;u;

The shading is fine. Everyone has their own shading style, and it can be hard to figure out which one is yours on a tablet. I found playing around with some of the different tools can give you a good idea of what works for you. :)

As for the whole "holy shit this takes forever" thing, you'll find that as you use the tablet more your drawings will get faster (without losing quality, of course.) Practice makes perfect, as they say.

Best of luck with the whole process. If you ever need any advice, feel free to shoot me a PM! ^-^

@,

Yeah, I don't really mind the amount of time it takes. It was a lot of fun.

I'm messing with tools right now too.

• Brohoof 1