Banner by ~ The Wife of Hawks

What could Hasbro do to seriously anger the Brony fandom?

Cancel the show and replace it G5 which has about the same quality to G3.

Just about anything nowadays will set off the fandom

True that. All the writer has to do is hiccup well writing the script and suddenly half the fandom will suddenly turn into pretentious critics and take that problem to some how prove the show is going down hill and their fans will then parrot whatever they say. Edited by ChikoritaBrony
  • Brohoof 3

Register now to remove this ad.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have Flash Sentry and Twilight Sparkle get married. Have the rest of the Mane 6 become alicorns. Send a cease and desist to Duo Cartoonist and make them delete Children of the Night.   The fandom

I once had a dream, well maybe a nightmare, that they had the Annoying Orange on the show. Needless to say I ragequit the fandom right there, and even started typing up a post about how done with this

Have the main six brutally and graphically executed by princess Celestia, and then have them replaced with blatant mary sues who look like Hasbro executives.  Then Celestia marries Tirek, who is now i

Posted Images

Anger the Brony Fandom? Let's see...

Complaining about us (bronies)

Making Flash and Twilight get married

Making MLP to old style

Cancelling the series

Corrupting any of the background ponies (Derpy, Lyra etc.)

Killing one of the main ponies I think?

Turning Celestia into a villain 

Turning any of the main ponies into a villain

Stopping people from making fan made animations

Telling bronies to stop watching My Little Pony

Taking down all MLP Brony community (forums) websites

• Brohoof 3

Hasbro could literally do anything and this fandom would put on its diapers and cry. People freak out over everything. Oh? Twilight's an alicorn now? I'm done. Luna doesn't get enough screen time, Celestia's useless, this show doesn't make sense anymore (Oh honey :comeatus:), they use weaponized friendship too often, I don't like this character. Honestly, It's hilarious to watch how easily people freak out over these things. Say John de Lancie wanted more money, Hasbro couldn't afford it, and they had to cut Discord from the show. This fandom would BLOW UP.

• Brohoof 3

They could put a cease and desist on all Brony conventions.

I'm willing to bet they can't do that. They can make them really bad but I can have a bunch of fans come over and talk about the show and there is nothing they can do about it.

As for what I think they would do would be to just end the show badly or to follow it up with a show that just doesn't compare.

Badges

I think that they would get a whole lot of angry fan letters if they cancelled the show.

Dang.

Some of these ideas make me cringe.

Wait a second...

Twilight Marries Flash Sentry

No! No! No!

Hasbro should NEVER ship ANY characters loved by the fandom!

ESPECIALLY Twilight Sparkle!

That's the fanbase's job!

I-I-It's just not right!

• Brohoof 1

Go and hire story writers that write the plot lines for those terrible kid shows that are more educational than entertaining, replace all the voice actors with eight year olds that sound like they have to stand in front of the class and read a bunch of paragraphs with words they don't really understand.

Finally, make everything 3D with really bad cell shading and everything is animated with absolutely no weight and anticipation.

It's cringe worthy to me.  I understand those shows are suppose to teach kids stuff, but they're animated in such a weird way. I don't even think my nieces' like watching them.

I think I'm just too nit picky. :P

• Brohoof 1

Many would probably say FlashLight or shipping with any Mane 6 character but according to the EQD poll, most bronies won't seeing the mane 6 getting stallions.

So yeah...

I guess aside from the usual (shorter episodes or outright canceling) and knowing the fandom, there woud be only one thing that would bring the fandom into a killing spree:

Humans.

Hell, they just need to a make tiny little reference to the possibilty of humans existing or having existed in equestria and the forums and comment sections will be filled with "EWWW Humans!", "NOOOO! GET THOSE THINGS OUT OF MY PURE PONY SHOW!!!", "I'M QUITTING THE SHOW! FUCK HUMANS!", ect....

Yep, definitely this.

• Brohoof 4

I'll tell ya what would piss me off big time...

LOVE INTERESTS that aren't there for pure comedic purposes (Such as that Rarity / Blueblood one in the first season )

I can't be alone here. You know if Hasbro had one of the ponies get into a relationship, no matter WHAT the case.

Also... Can we be honest here... MLP:FiM has so many ships or OTP's it could make an armada. 

tumblr_inline_mm2t56DWyF1qz4rgp.gif

RELEVANT IMAGE (Even though the only ship I care about what-so-ever is Vinyl Scratch x Octavia.) 

• Brohoof 2

Ugh, was this board purposely designed to not work in IE11? I though web developers finally grew out of that crap five years ago.

Anyway, I for one definitely appreciate the lack of humans. This is where a lot of block buster movie properties have tripped up. Smurfs. Rocky and Bullwinkle. Transformers.

As far as the copyrights...that cannot all be blamed on Hasbro. From what I have learned from the Jan Animations thing, outsources it's legal dealings to some third party which does not understand the fandom I think Hasbro might.

A big part of the problem is that lot of people really do not do a very good job of making clear that their fan works are not to be associated with the owners of said IP, beyond some poorly worded blurb about "fair use" and "characters copyright Hasbro" stuck the YouTube description or authors note or DA description or whatever.

Edited by Marble Didymus

How about making Brony conventions restricting for 13 and under with only parents of them being the only adults allowed to attend.

I can just picture the signs now...

MUST BE 18 OR YOUNGER TO ENTER! ANYONE OVER THE AGE OF 18 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A CHILD / ADOLESCENT! 

• Brohoof 4

Hasbro knows offending the Bronies is the last thing they want to do so they probably take that extra step to ensure that doesn't happen

but my guess the best way to offend the fandom is if they make us seem like a bunch of fat middle aged men by refrencing us in there toy production or a reference in the show

• Brohoof 1

If they suddenly ended the show, without resolving any loose ends or character development, like what happened to Firefly, or if it ended on a cliffhanger, like Sonic the Hedgehog (Sat Am), it is rather sad that the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog ended properly, and after seventy episodes, it still kind of upsets that Sonic Sat Am ended that way, I so wanted to see the story continue, so if Hasbro cancelled MLP-FiM at random, with no explanation, or did not have a season finale that was self contained, there would be a surly eruption of furious fans, I hope history does not repeat itself, so when MLP does end, it does so by wrapping everything up, and finish on a high note. 

• Brohoof 2
Badges

If they suddenly ended the show, without resolving any loose ends or character development, like what happened to Firefly, or if it ended on a cliffhanger, like Sonic the Hedgehog (Sat Am), it is rather sad that the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog ended properly, and after seventy episodes, it still kind of upsets that Sonic Sat Am ended that way, I so wanted to see the story continue, so if Hasbro cancelled MLP-FiM at random, with no explanation, or did not have a season finale that was self contained, there would be a surly eruption of furious fans, I hope history does not repeat itself, so when MLP does end, it does so by wrapping everything up, and finish on a high note. 

100% this.

Also:

-Selling the rights to MLP to Disney

-Selling the rights to MLP to Microsoft

-Getting J.J. Abrams to direct the movie.

• Brohoof 2

How about:

1.)Make EQG.

2.)Order a cease and desist for Fighting is Magic.

3.)Promote Twilight to Alicorn for no reason other than to market a toy.

4.)Make more EQG related material.

^ all reasons for me getting ready to depart.

That being said, I have s4 and (maybe) s5 to catch up on.  Have they ended it?  I've been out of the loop since Twilicorn..  Someone please inform me!  No S4 spoilers tho.  Has the show gone to shit?  :'c

-Selling the rights to MLP to Microsoft

post-6560-0-94698700-1420379326.jpg

made me lol

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 1