Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Hotel

Tone Shift

XzwT0Cb.png

OOC thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/118075-the-hotel-ooc-thread/

MAP

onscELl.png

Four ponies, Four everyday lives. Somewhere in the night, all of them were transported into a magic hotel equipped with a seemingly endless amount of food, an indoor water park, plenty of rooms, small shops, an arcade and a greenhouse. The entire place is amazing, massive, and bordering luxurious. However, there are a few glaring problems with this arrangement. The ponies transported here can not leave. The windows are locked and invulnerable. The fire escapes and other doors transport them back to the main entrance.

There seems to be no way out. The ponies that are trapped here must choose how to live their lives within the confines of this place, the only way out unknown to them. Our story begins the day they awaken inside the hotel...

Edited by Skijarama

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belle was sprawled out on a bed. Thinking it was her one that she fell asleep in last night. As she rolled over to get in a more comfortable position, she fell off the bed. Landing right on her nose. She lets out a loud groan while she rubbed her nose with a hoof.  After it was lees sore she rubbed the sleep from her eyes and looked around the room. Shen her vision got less fogy she could see that she wasn't in her normal bedroom back in her house in Canterlot.

Soon a flood of thought made their way into her mind, was she kidnapped? Do they want to hold her for ransom? Was she drugged and kidnapped so someone could steal her kidneys?! She quickly checked her sides for stitches. After finding none she lets out a sigh of relief. After wrapping up her mouth with her thick black scarf that she was lucky to still have, along with her note pad and pencil, she head for the door that she was sure lead out of the room and maybe give her a clue to where she is.

She slowly poked her head out to find a hallway that had a row of doors that she was sure led to rooms like the one she's in.

Stinging Nettles eyes snapped wide open to the muffled sound of a loud thud. Within a few moments he had discerned quite clearly that he was no longer in his room in Ponnyville. "What the hay...?" He muttered quietly to himself, sliding out of the bed he found himself in and looking aorund the room. Quite pleasant. He rubbed his chin and tried to recall what had happened the prior night. Noting nothing of interest in his memories, he decided it woulddo him more good to actually explore.

Openning the door to his room, he peered down the hallway in both directions. The hallway was long and well lit. Doors were on either side and each one was numbered. "Is this a hotel?" Nettle murmered to himself. The sound of a nearby door clicking open drew his attention. He slipped bakc into his room far enoguh that the door may look ajar, but wide enough open that he could look out. He didn't get a very clear view of basically anything however.

Destiny woke up to a loud thud she heard across the hall. She instantly sprang out of bed, awake and alert. "Come on out you... intruder?" she began shouting, but increasingly became puzzled as she looked around the unfamiliar room.

What? Where am I? I swear I wouldn't redecorate my room to this..

Destiny looked around and saw a solid door that didn't look anything like her wooden bedroom door. She tentatively opened the door and peered out. She noticed some doors cracked open, but nopony there. She took a step out into the hallway, looking at the floral carpet with distaste. Isn't this standard hotel carpet? Now that I think about it, there were numbers on the doors too.

Destiny walked slowly down the hall, looking for anypony, as long as it wasn't a group, and some sort of exit.

@@Midnight Starfall,

Belle pulled her head back into the room a little after she heard a shout from somepony from one of the other rooms. When she saw one of the doors open she pulled her head back in, only leaving a crack so she could look though it. She saw a red mare walking out and making her way down the. Since Belle was raised in the bayou and her daddy was a reptile wrangler, he tought her a few things about grappling. Plus she would always get in fights with he cousins so she could handle herself rather well. She made her way out of the room and made a loud muffled cough to get the mares attention

@@Gloomfury,

Destiny heard a muffled cough behind her and turned. She saw another mare, but she had some sort of scarf covering most of her face. She was relieved she didn't encounter a group.

"Uh, hi. Do you know where the front door is? I don't know how I ended up here," she said, her serious expression remaining. "I mean, assuming you're a hotel guest. Unless I was kidnapped or something."

Wait, is she in the same boat I am...? Nettle thought, deciding it would probably be in his best interest to bide his time and see how the situation plays out before getting involved. He stayed at the door and continued to try and observe the situation, relying mainly on his ears at this point.

@@Midnight Starfall,

Belle flipped to a blank sheet of paper in her notepad and started writing down a response to the mare.  When she was done she shyly hold it up to her for her to read. "Um, hello. I don't know who I ended up hear as well. I fell asleep last night in my home and I just woke up hear, not knowing how or why."

@@Gloomfury,

"Oh, so you're in the same situation? Weird, that's the same thing that happened to me," Destiny said to the mare. "Were we kidnapped or something? I doubt it. Magic of some sort? Anyway, I'm going to try the front door. I don't want to be involved in any of this."

Destiny started walking down the hall again, seeing as the other end led no where.

With a deep breath, Nettle pushed the door of the room open and stepped out into the hallway. Two ponies besides him that thus far seem to be in the same jam. Oh how wonderful. With a slight bit of hesitation, he looked down the hallway and spotted the two mared that had been 'chatting' a moment ago. "Well, whaddya know? I'm in the same tub of water." He said carefully as he started after the red mare. Noting her cutie mark, he suddenly followed with "Please don't lynch me."

@@Midnight Starfall,

Not wanting to be alone, she quickly followed the mare, hoping that she wouldn't mind. She flipped to another page in her notepad and wrote down something else. She hold it up to her. "Would you mind if we stuck together? I don't like to be left alone in strange places." On the same piece of paper, she wrote down something else and then hold it back up. "My name's, Belle by the way."

@@Skijarama, @@Gloomfury,

Destiny now had two ponies flocking to her side. She panicked a little, but took a deep breath. She read the mare's paper. "No, I don't mind," she said to the mare, who she read was Belle. "Oh, yeah, I'm Destiny," she said simply.

At least I'm handling it a bit better, since one pony talks and the other writes on paper. I should be okay.

Destiny looked at the pony who joined them. "You're not a hotel guest either? Weird." Hearing his comment, she replied, "I don't kill ponies, I'm not a murderer. Mean? Depends on who you're asking. Killer? No. I'll hurt you if you try killing me, but I won't kill you"

Nettle nodded slowly. "Right... sorry." He looked around as they continued down the hallway. "My names Stinging Nettle, by the way." He looked ahead and picked up the pace. There was a door at the very end of the hall. Coming to a stop he listened at the door before looking back at the two mares. "I can't hear anything, so..." He scratched the side of his head absently. "Maybe everypony is asleep? Did anypony see the lighting when they woke up?"

@@Midnight Starfall,@@Skijarama,

Belle looked over to the new stallion that seemed to be in the same boat with  Destiny and herself. She walked closer to the mare then the stallion while still keeping her distance. Belles wasn't good with meeting new ponies. She would get very shy and not even look or talk to anyone. But seeing as she's in a strange place she would have to try and get out of that habit. 

When the stallion told them his name she crossed out some parts on the page she made out for Destiny  and just left the part saying her name, so she could save paper. Then she the pad up for Stinging Nettle to read.

@@Skijarama, @@Gloomfury,

"The lighting? I think it was light outside. But I didn't pay attention to the window, only glanced at it," Destiny said. She pushed past him and opened the door, finding the hall beyond the door empty. "I don't think we need to sneak around here. It's a public hotel, I'm sure other ponies are staying here," she said, continuing her walk through the hall.

Nettle shrugged. "I'm just playing the caution card like I always do." The hallway had nowhere near as many doors on it this time around. Nettle glanced down each direction of the hallway before spotting one in the direction Destiny was going on the opposite side he was on.

"You know, for a public hotel, in what seems to be the morning hours... It is just too quiet."

@@Skijarama,

"Maybe. The hotel might not be busy though," Destiny said, hoping they weren't alone in this hotel. She finally stopped and looked at the doors in this hall. "I don't know where I'm going. Do you know where the lobby is, by any chance?" she asked Nettle. "I just wanna get out of this weird place."

Belle looked around, running ides of how to get out of this hotel in her head. She wrote one or two thriller/mystery screenplays that involved being trapped in a strange place without any idea how they end up there. But she knew this wasn't going to be like what she wrote.As she looked around while her mind drifted she wondered off down a hallway, away from the others without thinking. 

@Midnight Starfall,

"I dunno. I guess we should just check doors that don't have numbers on them." Nettle walked past Destiny and openned the door he had spotted moments before.The door openned out into a large room, decorated with red carpet and plenty of fancy craftsmanship in the architecture. The lobby.

"Huh. That's convenient."

@@Skijarama,

"Oh, yeah," Destiny said, stepping through the door to the lobby. She looked at the standard red rug and golden pillars. She walked up to the front door and tried opening it to no avail. She tried tugging on it even harder.

"It's locked?" Destiny said, clearly puzzled. She backed up and roundhouse kicked the door, but it didn't have any impact on it. "Wait, is there a pony at the counter? Or anypony in the lobby at all?" she asked, gazing around the lobby for any sign of life.

@Midnight Starfall

Nettle looked around cautiously as he stepped into the lobby himself. There was nopony besides them. "No... this place is empty. Looks like it's just us..." He turned around to gesture to Belle, only to realize she wasn't there. "Uh-oh. Belle? Where are you?!"

@@Skijarama,

"Don't worry. If there really is nopony here, then there really isn't a threat. She probably just took a wrong turn or something," Destiny said, stepping out of the lobby to look for Belle. "It does worry me that nopony is here. There should be at least a pony at the counter or something."

Destiny walked into the hall, looking around for Belle.

Belle kept wondering, still not noticing that she strayed away from the others. After a few  right and left turns she soon came across a large room with rows of restaurants and small bakeries. But Belle was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she still didn't notice. Soon as she reached the end up the room, she walked into a wall. Which made her fall onto her butt. After groaning again she finally became aware of her surroundings. And when she saw that she was alone she started to freak out a little. 

While she tried to calm herself down she walked into one of the restaurants. She lets out a few muffled shouts as she looked around the well maintained kitchen. All the pots and pans were clean like they were brand new. The same for the knives and cooking tools. She checked the refrigerator to see if there was any food. To her surprise it was filled with fresh fruits and vegetables. Then she checked the cabinets to find a large assortment of spices.

As she looked though the food her stomach started to growl. She looked around the kitchen again and started to get an idea. She grabbed some ingredients, a few pots and a knife and got started on cooking, 

"Yeah, It's weird alright..." Nettle muttered absently to himself as he looked after Destiny. "I'm going to stay here for a second and see if I can find a key to the door." With that, Nettle trotted around behind the counter and started digging around in drawers and looking on the counter surface.

@@Gloomfury,

"Belle? Where did you go?" Destiny called out. As she walked through the hall, she smelt something like food cooking. She had forgotten about her empty stomach. She followed the scent to a restaurant in the hotel. "Hello? Is anypony there?" she called into the kitchen, thinking there was a hotel employee actually there.