Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Single Pegasisters/Female Bronies; would you date a fellow brony?

CosmicHooves

Howdy, I'm not a pegasister but I know there are people in the fandom in relationships with one another, and I can't see why the fact someone has the same interests as you would make a pegasister avoid dating a brony

Hi!

Well, figured I'd share my input.

I DID date a Brony (However, I am also a Brony(F). I'm just not a fan of the term pegasister). We are no longer in a relationship. Would I do it again? Yes. It's great. I loved having someone to geek out with and watch new episodes with on Saturday mornings. Not to mention being able to Con-coordinate. 

However... I would definitely not do another online relationship anytime soon. That's how it started. Things got complicated when my real life barged in, and well... Now I kinda live with my--now-- ex and his family. I love all of them, mind you! They're like my surrogate family. But online relationships move either slow as molasses or way too fast. I was dating him four months when my life got bad, and you never truly know a person until you live with them and I think it was the beginning of nails in the coffin. Things moved too fast, and I began to truly see him for who he is other than just being a Brony. Now, I'll never not love him. That's not an issue. But I don't love him the same way I once did, and a lot of it was rushing into a relationship that I had such hopes for. Gotta find that moderate pace.

If I date again, I don't think I'll date long-distance. Would I prefer a Brony? Sure. But I would also not mind someone not into the show, who still supports my interest in it. 

Edited by Sweets
  • Brohoof 2

I'm seriously planning to merry one. ;) He's "casual brony", not some huge crazy fan with horses allover his room, so that's ok. It's really nice that we can watch new episodes together and then talk about them, have pony memes to use together and stuff. ^^

And unlike Sweets (above) I'm perfectly fine with my transatlantic relationship. ^^

Edited by Burning Question

@, I have slightly edited the title of your thread to also include the term 'brony' in relation to female fans of the show (as some fans prefer this to 'pegasister'). Many thanks and please continue. :)

Probably not, not really a fan of bronies (and every relationship I've had with one sucked), plus most people who go by "brony" are all males so I'm automatically out of the running anyway. :s

I'd date a pegasister though, so I guess that kinda counts?

Yea. I don't see why not. If we have the same interests and he's nice and cute, that's cool. Though my mom is really convinced I'm going to come home with a boyfriend after I go to BABscon lol.

@, I have slightly edited the title of your thread to also include the term 'brony' in relation to female fans of the show (as some fans prefer this to 'pegasister'). Many thanks and please continue. :)

Thank you, lovely!
  • Brohoof 1

Theoretically speaking, if I was ever to be in a relationship with anyone (which I may never/definitely not right now), I wouldn't mind if they were a brony/pegasister (lord knows my sexuality). It'd be cool to have someone to share my fandom with. That being said though, I'd rather have someone who isn't too hardcore, since I'm not.

Edited by MiniKirby123

Actually I am dating a brony, a male one to be precise (as has been said several times here, bronies come in all genders). Actually, I'm the one who got him to like the show in the first place, I dragged him all the way from anti-brony to brony and it's been great. I would date a brony of any gender under the right circumstances, I think. Honestly, I don't see why liking a TV show would ever be a deal breaker, unless of course the person was unhealthily obsessed with it, or it was a different TV show that indicated bad things about their character. Even then though, I still wouldn't dump them just for that, I would wait to see those bad qualities that their taste in TV indicated. I'm not one to make rash decisions or jump to conclusions.

In short, whether or not someone is a brony doesn't really matter. It's cool sharing my fandom with my partner, but if it so happened that the show wasn't for him then that would be cool too. All I ask is that my interests and feelings are respected.

I'm seriously planning to merry one. ;) He's "casual brony", not some huge crazy fan with horses allover his room, so that's ok. It's really nice that we can watch new episodes together and then talk about them, have pony memes to use together and stuff. ^^

And unlike Sweets (above) I'm perfectly fine with my transatlantic relationship. ^^

Woah, man, if you're gonna call me out, at least mention me  :blink:

I never said I wasn't fine my my relationship, it moved too fast! Not to mention we moved in together after a seriously short time.

The big thing was to come back to this topic and see you have called me out without even bothering to let me know. It's almost like talking smack (I don't know if you meant to or not, I'm not assuming any malice)

Edited by Sweets

Well, I would never date a male Brony, just because I have no interest in men. =P

As for another woman calling herself a Brony, that would be a slight bit odd to me. But when love happens, those kinds of things don't always end up being the big deal you think they'd be beforehand.

Still, I think if I'm ever open to dating again, I'd prefer to stay away from this side of the MLP fandom.

@@Sweets, oh sorry!!! I'm new here and I didn't know you can mention people like this. ^^" Now I know. Didn't mean to talk behind your back, I was just generally comparing two long-distance relationship to show that some will work out, some won't- depends. It's just that I often hear people saying that NONE of them will ever work out. Ever, No matter what.  :c

Edited by Burning Question

I wouldn't reject a guy/girl for being a brony and I will admit it would be a neat bonus in any relationship however, I wouldn't date someone simply because of that fact we'd have to have a little more in common to be completely honest.

... Plus they'd have to appreciate how awesome Rainbow Dash is otherwise it's just not happening :P ...

• Brohoof 1

Um. I happen to be male, so the question doesn't specifically applies to me, but - why wouldn't they want to date a brony?

What I mean is, being a brony automatically mean they have some bad qualities to them that girls should find unappealing?

• Brohoof 1