Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's going to Babscon?

Sageflare

I'll be there, again! Listen for the loud "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" as my powerchair flies through the convention space. I'll be working with the A/V team in the panel rooms, again, and also delivering meals to weary staff members who just can't leave their posts!

And, if you want a treat, come to my panel!

ADA and Pony Cons will foster a discussion about how far MLP fan conventions have come in the realm of accessibility for those who require a little bit of assistance to fully enjoy the wonderful world of MLP conventions. From ensuring that the venues are wheelchair accessible, to providing education to their staff, to making sure that hallways aren't too crowded, MLP conventions have come a long way! With a guest appearance from BABSCon's own chairpony, Sonya! Stick around until the end, and help us come up with ideas to make conventions even more accessible!

Man i would love to go.

Too bad it's 3,000 miles away.

and what really blows is that i'm going out to SF 2 months after the even. :okiedokielokie:

I'll be there, and it'll be my first time at BABS. Looks like it's going to be fun. BronyCon is great and I'll never miss it for anything, but I've been wanting to find a new, smaller convention like BronyCon was a few years ago.

I don't have any plans for it though. I'm just going to be there doing my own thing, having a look around and seeing who I meet in the process.

Cyclone Spynn and Golden Gates will be returning again this year. What would BABSCon be without it's lovely mascot?

On a side note, if there are any other fursuiters/ponysuiters going and planning to bring your suit, I'm trying to set up a fursuit dance floor take over during one of the dances. Details to be posted as they're decided on.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there - with company. :)

This will be my first Ponycon, and somehow I ended up getting roped into a panel and cosplaying.

:blink:

The kids are going to love this :D

• Brohoof 1

I will be at BABSCon- paneling and tableing with some other Poniverse peoples.

It'll be my first con, and yes, I shall be cosplaying. ;)

Edit: After life punched me in the gut, I'm no longer attending.. Tell me how the Poniverse panel is!

• Brohoof 1

Wow, sounds like we will have a lot of us at the con. If anyone wants we should have a get together at the con a few of us did it last year and it was fun so if anyone would like I can set up another topic to talk about it.

• Brohoof 2

I'll be going to this. Got to book my flights this week. Flying Manchester, UK > Dublin, IRE > London, UK > San Francisco, US on the way out, because it's half the price of flying straight from London. Something to do with tax or something.

Wow, sounds like we will have a lot of us at the con. If anyone wants we should have a get together at the con a few of us did it last year and it was fun so if anyone would like I can set up another topic to talk about it.

That sounds like a good idea.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I'm also all in for that idea. As long as we tell each other where we're meeting and what we're wearing, then it'll be no problem.

I'm down. After the Poniverse panel sound good?

I'd love to have a meet-up! Count me in!

Can somepony please try and fit me in their suitcase as i realy want to go!!!

It was up in the air for quite some time as to whether I'd be able to go - financial difficulties and such - but now it appears I'll at least be able to attend the first day with my little sis. Might come dressed as Big Mac, with my sis as AJ...we'll see. :bedeyes:

Wish I could stay that Saturday as well (if for no other reason than to see everyone at the con going apeshit over the season premiere), but I can't in good conscience skip out on my mom's birthday. Should be one helluva Friday, though.

• Brohoof 1

It was up in the air for quite some time as to whether I'd be able to go - financial difficulties and such - but now it appears I'll at least be able to attend the first day with my little sis. Might come dressed as Big Mac, with my sis as AJ...we'll see. :bedeyes:

Wish I could stay that Saturday as well (if for no other reason than to see everyone at the con going apeshit over the season premiere), but I can't in good conscience skip out on my mom's birthday. Should be one helluva Friday, though.

The premiere is in the morning, Isn't birthday parties starting in the afternoon?

The premiere is in the morning, Isn't birthday parties starting in the afternoon?

True, but there'd be little point in us staying at a hotel for a night only to have to leave the con early the next day. I'd rather just go for the first day and not worry about overblown hotel costs. :P

I'll be coming from Santa Clara :) 

I plan on coming by train, but I'm open to carpools and I'd pay my part. 

I reserved a hotel room for Friday and Saturday nights, so coming on Friday morning would work best for me.  

I am! I'm really excited because I've never been to a convention like this before. It would be interesting to see all the cosplayers and merchandise they have. I will only be there on Saturday though. I won't be cosplaying but I will be wearing a very special T-Shirt that I just got.