Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any ponies afraid of the dark?

Queen Rarity

I always try to sleep with a night light on. I have a little flower beside my bed that I can recharge and when I push a button it lights up all night. :) Makes me feel a little better having a little light so I can see my room. 

Admittedly it's gotten worse the last couple days because of all the horror movies I've been watching. ;) But I still generally am a little bit afraid of the dark.

• Brohoof 2

Don't worry about that im afraid of the dark to im scared that monsters are under my bed and something is in my closet and yea I keep a nightlight on so I can see ;)

• Brohoof 1

I find a little bit of darkness kinda relaxing, actually :)  I'm also fine with complete darkness, provided I've got the right sort of company for it (enjoyable music, relative silence; that sorta thing) :squee:

• Brohoof 2

I'm not really afraid of the dark, more just paranoid. I need to sleep in darkness, even the slightest amount of light will annoy me to pieces, but for some odd reason, going upstairs when it's dark really freaks me out. Just upstairs. Literally nothing else.

Every other time, I'm totally fine, especially when I'm with other people. :)

Edited by MiniKirby123
  • Brohoof 2

I can't sleep with the door closed unless I'm having a sleep over, which is really rare. 

I have to have the door open. I like having the blinds open, too, so there's a bit of light (helps me wake up, too).

I refuse to do anything involving no light (I've already got a vision impairment and I'm pretty much blind when it's dark) so that means no murder in the dark (such a party pooper) or anything like that.

I can't stand light while I'm sleeping. I used to have an alarm clock next to my bed that I would cover with a towel at night because the tiny bit of light from it kept me up. In the two years that I lived in a dorm where streetlamp light was unavoidable I needed to wear an eye mask. I also find darkness to be soothing, and because my vision isn't very good as it is I'm rather good at navigating in the dark, since I'm already used to being careful and feeling my way around.

That said, there are instances where darkness can give me the heebie-jeebies :P

• Brohoof 1

Just giggle at the ghostie! Smile at the spooky! (I don't know the other words...) 

But you know what I mean :P I have sleep apnia (or however it's spelt) because of my bad Insomnia I used to have so I know all too well about the horrors of the night :3 My fault for watching slasher flicks and becoming pretty disturbed since before I could even go to school...>.> But anywhhhoooo no matter how spooky things get just think about Pinkie Pies song and then nothing can go wrong :D As odd as it sounds, I sometimes listen to Youtube remix of that pinkie pie song before bed and then I can sleep through the night...

I am afraid of the dark for whatever reason, I used to have Christmas lights around my room that I would leave on at night but those die really quickly and changing them gets to be a nuisance so I have a little light up Christmas tree that I use as a night light now  :fluttershy:

You know, lately... I haven't been. I mean, I went out into the pitch black dark garage before turning on the light... and I wasn't even the least bit scared. O_O Normally, I get so freaked over being that close to darkness that I start thinking really awful things. PelleK, what have you done to me? lol I do have on my TV and laptop on in my room at night, but that's usually so I can see and everything though.

It depends, I know in my room I have a Pinkie Pie Nightlight on because of hallucinations and so I can actually see better if I'm playing a game or anything.

But out of my room, then sometimes I'll turn lights on and sometimes I'll walk in the darkness, I'd never walk outside in the darkness though. 

• Brohoof 1

I have a love/hate relationship with darkness there are times I'll be walking down a street at night (it would be like 2:00 kind of late) and then slowly gain speed until I've basically reached a full sprint without realizing it. But then there are the times when I'll be perfectly relaxed in that same scenario, depends how I'm feeling that day I guess