Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any ponies afraid of the dark?

Queen Rarity

I'm not afraid of the dark; it's afraid of ME.

Now seriously though? Don't worry about the darkness. Try thinking about it this way - darkness is merely the absence of light. Fearing the unknown isn't always warrented, like if you're in a dark room in you own house your mind should already know where everything is. Anyhow, don't sweat it :)

I see I'm not the only one who needs pitch blackness in order to sleep :P

I don't mind it being dark. After watching anything scary (with me, it's paranormal things that scare me, like ghosts watching me), I actually prefer pitch blackness to a room dimly light by nightlight. I can't see them, they can't see me.

I actually need all doors shut to sleep, too. I don't like people being in the same room I'm sleeping in, plus, if there were to be something in a closet, or doorway, I'd rather just not see it.

I enjoy the dark i'd rather have the room dark than lit.

I actually need all doors shut to sleep, too. I don't like people being in the same room I'm sleeping in, plus, if there were to be something in a closet, or doorway, I'd rather just not see it.

I've caught my brother sitting in the doorway about 4 times now waiting for me to wake up to play some video games. Its so creepy >~<

• Brohoof 1

I'm not so much afraid of the dark, as I am of what might be lurking in it.  :blink: 

I can manage the dark at times, though I do have a habit of running to the nearest light switch and flipping it on. And I start nervously giggling nonstop whenever I'm freaked out and in the dark. If you could see it happen, it'd probably look really weird. >.>' 

Sometimes I can't handle the dark even when I'm not feeling afraid though. You know how when you close your eyes really tightly you can start to see colors? Well, that happens to me in the dark. And sometimes it gets really distracting, and I need light to make it go away. Not to mention I had an eye injury when I was younger, and any weird eye things make me paranoid now, so I worry about that too... 

But I'm getting a little more used to these things nowadays. I still like having a little light around when I sleep though.  :)

I'm afraid of it in a weird way. It's not the darkness itself that scares me, but when I'm walking and can't see, I get this strange feeling that I'm going to hit my head against a metal bar that's sprouting out of a wall. I feel like this even if there aren't any metal bars conveniently placed at head height nearby, or I'm in an open space with no nearby walls.

It IS really stupid, so I can usually just ignore it after hesitating for a second.

chnnlsurf-90sallthat-splsh.jpg

Sorry I couldn't resist. :please: Nostalgia anyone? Anyway yeah, I can be kinda jumpy in the dark...no doubt thanks to growing up on shows like the above mentioned and my strange obsession with watching paranormal programs to this very day. I probably shouldn't be watching Ghost Hunters right before I go to bed. Ah well...gotta giggle at the ghosties, right!? :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

I was scared of the dark too when I was little.  I used to hate it if I was unable to fall asleep before my parents went to bed.  The downstairs light coming up to my room was a source of comfort for me.  I also had a nightlight in the room, but if it was just that, I found it kinda disconcerting.  :derp: 

Nah

Probably because I know that I will do horrible things to anything that even attempts to attack me from the dark.
But yknow

I love the dark, its quiet, less people, thoughts to self. Moonlit walks are literally my favorate thing, no contestants.
The other day I went for a walk in the woods near the town where I live from 12:00 to 3:00 and it was SoooooOOOOoooOOOooo good
I cant even.
The dark outside, especially in woods is just so nice and peaceful, makes you feel so relaxed. The temperature is quite cool as well, its just nice, especially on summer nights where you can go out all night in a T-shirt 
Its hard to describe in words, its just an all body feeling of absolute niceness and coolness and relaxation and happiness and freedom both mental and physical and ahh. Its just nice I often walk around in the dark with the stupidest grin on my face. Its so empty and just nice xD
I feel emotional when I think about nighttime walks, not romantic just freedom.
Cant even.
euhmegawd

For me, its on and off ya know? I live in a two story house(I reside upstairs), every time I go out of my room to go to bathroom at night, I unfortunately get a view of the downstairs being pitch black and I feel like someone is either watching me or following, so I rush into my bathroom and lock the door and when I'm done rush back into my room, turn on my light for little while then turn it off and get back into bed. The stupid part? The freaking bathroom's right next to my room! Luckily I don't feel this way often and I'm completely fine with my room door closed and lights off.

Edited by Monochrome Gray

I've read that Edison was & that is why he invented the electric light.

Some comedian used to have a routine about wanting to be a spy & they told him he couldn't be one because he was afraid of the dark.  He said "Well, you know that's why so many spies disappear.  Enemy agent don't get them, it's the bogey man"

Ehhhh

I'm not afraid of the dark though I hate it when I can't see anything.

It's not dark in my room because of my alarm clock that sits on the window sill and it reflects light off my bed and off the window which dims my room a little.

But, other than that. I'm all good.

I'm scared of the dark.

And it's completely normal.

Our ancestors evolved knowing "don't go in the dark, that's where the shit that'll kill you lives."

Together, we will never, be afraid of the dark!
post-30326-0-65282800-1415137309_thumb.png

No, I'm not afraid of the dark.

I walk more carefully though, on account of not being able to see a bloody thing.

I've read that Edison was & that is why he invented the electric light.

Edison didn't invent the electric light. Humphry Davy demonstrated an electric light 45 years before Edison was even born. Edison's bulb was just the first one practical enough to go into commercial production.

I used to be very afraid of the dark when I was a little kid. VERY afraid. (Just to give you an idea, I used to put on t-shirts really fast because of the few seconds it went dark in the process). Now I'm not as afraid of the dark, but sometimes I get really paranoid and creeped out by it.