Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bloodlines (S.O.L./Horror Mystery) [reboot]

Midnight Scribbler

Cherry Bomb

@@Gloomfury, @SilverHeart, @Scribblegroove, @Midnight Scribbler

"Oooooooh, I wanna hear all about it!......but I can't," Cherry pouted slightly at Belle at the end of her sentance.

"Mirror and I have to get ready for this evenings dinner, it's a little swanky, just like Mr Casket likes it so we need to look our best."

Cherry paused a moment to turn her head towards the stairs,"Especially since SOMEPONY went and RUINED my MANE!!"

As she hadn't seen Scribble Groove come up the stairs yet she assumed he might have still been downstairs, and this deliberately shouted down the stairs.

Cherry quickly turned her head back to Belle with a wide grin, by now a curious pony may have by now spotted a spot within her mane that had a sickly green stain in it.

"Anyhoo, me and Mirror are gonna take a bath and spruce ourselves up, ok? Maybe we can chat during dinner instead hmm?"

@@FortyTwo42,

@,
@@Golbez,
@@Gloomfury,
@@SilverHeart,

Sunset couldn't help but feel like her heart was sinking. Shadowhide clearly didn't seem so happy about her knowing this weakness, and it didn't help that she seemed to be blaming poor Aero, who was only looking out for her. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea for him to be telling stories about his friend. Sunset grinned sheepishly at Aero. Without words, the message "I'm so sorry, I screwed up." was clearly on her expression for the moment. "Er.. yes, lets do." She replied, hoping he wouldn't hate her, now that Shadowhide seemed to know what he'd told her. Sunset sighed, trying not to be awkward about the situation. Maybe it wouldn't turn out bad in the end, maybe Shadowhide would warm up eventually.. One could only hope.

Sunset wandered into the lobby, the sound of Cherry's voice echoed angrily down the stairwell, addressing the sickly stallion, Scribblegroove. Was he even in the hotel? Sunset glanced about, not spotting the pony anywhere. She raised a brow, wondering why Cherry was even yelling. "what an odd mare" She thought.

Sunset glanced to Aero "Why don't you grab your things from Shadowhide's room, and I'll find one for us? I'll meet you there." She smiled, hoping he wasn't mad with her for opening her mouth to his friend.

Poppy Seed

After finishing her tea and scones, Poppy found herself in a bit of a predicament. With so much choice, she could barely decide what to do or where to go. In such instances, she'd usually go to her room and think for a while, but Dove had seemed upset and needed some alone time. As much as she'd love to chat with Rosewood some more, Rosewood was probably busy around now, so that was out of the question.

Then it hit her. She had a plan to go see the docks already, so why didn't she just follow her original plan instead of coming up with a new one? 'See, Poppy? There's plenty to do if you just put your noggin to use.' She thought to herself as she set her empty teacup on the table and headed outside, making her way to the docks at a leisurely pace.

Aero Wind

@@Midnight Scribbler, @@Golbez,

Aero looked towards the stairs as he heard somepony suddenly yell something about somepony ruining their mane down the stairs. He had no idea what this was about, or who she was yelling at. He barely recognized the voice, so it was probably somepony from the carriage he hasn't spent much time with. She wasn't yelling at him, was she? When did he have an opportunity to ruin her mane? Never, as far as he could tell. Still, the possibility that he somehow messed up kept nagging at his mind.

Aero nodded to Sunset. 'Alright, thanks. I'll see you there!' Aero then went up the stairs on the way to Shadowhide's room, and saw the ponies he heard shouting earlier. 'Uh, you weren't yelling at me just now, were you? If I somehow did something to your mane, I'm sorry...' Eyeing Shadowhide's room to his left, he continued 'I'm just- I'm just gonna go now,' then he quickly ran into Shadowhide's room and closed the door before they had much of a chance to respond.

Here he is, alone with Shadowhide for the first time since the vacation started. The main reason he's here is to pick up his bags, but now he has a good chance to talk to Shadowhide in private, and they sure have a lot to discuss at the moment. 'Thanks for looking after my bags for me, Stormgiggle. But before I go back to check into a room with Sunset, there's a few things I want to talk to you about first.'

Shadowhide nodded. 'Very well. What would you like to discuss first?'

'Let's start with how you've been treating my new friends. It probably wasn't obvious to Sunset and Emerald since they don't know you that well yet, but I can tell you have a problem with the two of them. So, what's your problem with them?'

'Sunset knows about my weakness and has the means to exploit it. Emerald is the pony most likely to be involved with arranging this vacation since she directly works with royalty. Incidentally, what did you tell Sunset about my fear?'

'Nothing! All I told her was that you had a good, but private reason for bring scared of fire.' Aero then looked at Shadowhide incredulously. 'Anyway, Shadowhide, honestly I think you're being really petty right now. What's the worse Sunset can do? Light a candle and make you leave the room? That really doesn't sound like a horrible thing worth hating her over, especially since she's a very understanding pony who would respect your fears and never do that in the first place. And about Emerald, I really don't see how that's a problem. Organizing this vacation? It just gives me something to thank her about later if it's true.'

The last comment seemed to grab Shadowhide's attention. 'So, you believe this vacation is a good thing? You're enjoying yourself here?'

'Yeah, of course I'm enjoying it here! It's a vacation! We can just relax and have fun with no worries! You know how a vacation works, right, Shadowhide? You know how to relax and have fun, right?'

Shadowhide frowned at Aero, as if he had failed Shadowhide somehow. 'I thought you would've seen this "vacation" the same way I do. A real vacation is something you spend a while saving up for. A "vacation" that is completely free and forced upon you is simply incredibly suspicious. If we are having this vacation for free, then somepony somewhere is paying the costs for all of us. Nopony would pay for around ten other ponies to have a vacation and force all of them to come unless they have an ulterior motive for doing so. I'm finding out what that motive is.'

While talking, aero walked over to his bag to pick it up and make sure everything's still there. 'Advertising, Shadowhide. They're letting us come for free so when we return home we'll spread the word about it and get other ponies to visit too. I'm surprised a detective such as yourself missed something like-' Aero cut himself off as he started searching his bag more frantically for something. He then put the bag down and looked directly at Shadowhide. 'Shadowhide, where are my bits?'

'If you brought bits, then they should still be in your bag. I brought your bag straight here once you gave them to me, and my room has been locked while I was out.'

'Well, they're gone, Shadowhide, and I know I had bits in there when I gave my bag to you since I double checked everything when the carriage arrived in town.'

Shadowhide lowered her horn above Aero's bags. 'If they were stolen, the perpetrator will have left their hoofprints on your bag.' Shadowhide's horn began glowing faintly, and immediately around them many hoofprints started glowing. Most of them were Shadowhide's purple hoofprints, some of them were Aero's green hoofprints... And some of them were white hoofprints. The white hoofprints were found on Aero's bag too. Shadowhide's eyed widened as the realization hit her. 'Dove,' she softly growled.

'Do you know who those white hoofprints belong to, Shadowhide?'

'It was Dove. When I checked into the hotel, we had a quick argument in the foyer, and Dove visited me in this room to apologize while I was unpacking. I didn't realize it was a ruse and Dove had come to steal from me instead. In hindsight, it would've been simple, as I had left your bags on the floor and I was preoccupied with putting away my belongings. My apologies. Are the rest of your belongings there?'

'Yeah, everything else's there. I guess not everypony wants to read research papers, huh?'

'Take your bags and return to Sunset. I will track down Dove and ensure she returns your bits.'

'Alright. Thanks, Shadowhide.' Aero picked up his bags and walked towards the door, but stopped halfway and turned around to face Shadowhide. 'Shadowhide, next time you see Sunset or Emerald, please be friendly with them. I understand you have your reasons for not liking them, but I really don't want you to be at odds with my new friends. Oh, and don't fixate on what's wrong with this vacation. Loosen up a bit and have some fun!'

'I'll keep that in mind,' Shadowhide responded. It wasn't the kind of response Aero really wanted to hear, since it wasn't technically saying 'yes', but it's probably the best he's going to get out of Shadowhide.

'Thanks. I'll see you later!' With that, Aero opened the door, and stepped into the corridor. Hopefully that pony who was potentially yelling at him earlier isn't still there.

• Brohoof 2

@@Golbez, @@SilverHeart@@Gloomfury

After Mirror had put him in his place, and Cherry had voicced her agreement with Mirror's brash but brief verdicct, the two of them left, leaving Scribblegroove with his counter arguments stuck in his throat, never to be voiced. He felt indignified and embarassed, but most of all unjustfully accused. After all it had all been an accident, and the result of Cherries own actions. It wasn't like he himself could've done anything about it, and he and others had attempted to point it out to her more than once. Of course, he could've tried to get her attention and make sure she realised it, but their reaction was still far from fair.

While he was contemplating this, he absentmindedly murmured a goodbye to Belle, which was very inappropriate and rude of him, but preoccupied as he was, his fault in the situation was lost on him. He was far too busy defending himself in an imaginary argument. Alone now, he slowly paced towards the entrance of the hotel, making sure to take a slightly different and longer route than the others so he wouldn't walk into them again. When he arrived at the hotel, he was just glad that he avoided further conflict, when a loud voice rumbled down the stairs and reprimanded his actions yet again. He groaned, and softly mumbled "Stupid hag..." as he turned around, deciding to come back to the hotel later when he wouldn't attract as much attention to himself.

@@Windbreaker 

As he faced down the alleyway, he saw a mare crossing the street, heading for the edge of the town, and supposedly towards the docks. He hadn't really spoken to her before, but he did remember seeing her on the coach. Since he didn't have anything else to do, he decided to accompany her for now. He headed down the alleyway at a slightly accelerated pace and tried to catch up with her as she took a right and dissapeared behind the corner, heading down the path towards the docks. The moment he turned around the corner himself he was met with a view of the grasslands below, with the lake in the distance and the mountain range surrounding the village. Unobstructed by buildings, Scribblegroove slowed down again and enjoyed the scenery as he caught up with the green mare with the red mane.

"Hey there!" He said when he was reasonably close, trying to get her attention, speaking slightly louder to overpower the soft noise of the wind blowing through the grass, of crickets, birds and other small wildlife. "I noticed you were all alone. Why aren't you checking out the hotel?" Looking down towards the docks, it wasn't hard to guess where she was going. "Why are you wandering down to the docks all on your own?" He said with a slight smile. "Would you mind if I came along?"

• Brohoof 1

Poppy Seed

@@Scribblegroove,

Poppy didn't notice she was being followed at first, enjoying the peace and quiet and the sounds of nature around her rather than a bustling crowded bar. Then a voice spoke.

"Very astute, hun. I'm on my own because my roommate is taking a nap and doesn't want to be disturbed right now. I already went and checked it out." She said, half-hoping this stallion, whoever he was, would go away. But he didn't. She already marked the socializing for the dinner and the next day, which had left today open for some alone time that she planned to spend by the docks. Now she had a stallion hanging around out of nowhere. It wasn't even his fault that this annoyed Poppy. She just hated things coming up out of nowhere.

"I'm going to the docks because I wanted to, and because I was already planning to get to know everypony tonight or tomorrow. Since you've apparently followed me this far, you might as well tag along. Try anything funny and I'll belt you one, ok hun?" It didn't take Poppy long to slip back into her old vocabulary and habits despite trying to reign them in for the better part of the day.

@@Windbreaker,@@Scribblegroove

(OOC: Feel free to take your time getting to the docks, this post is just for whenever you two get there.))

Just like much of the rest of Bloodwell the docks themselves are in the midst of being renovated. The map that was given to you suggested that there was a building here, however all you can see is a pavilion with a few piers beyond it. Beneath the pavilion you can see barrels, nets, fishing supplies, a table, and three overturned rowboats. Past the pavilion, next to the pier, an earth pony mare was tugging at a net, trying to pull it out of the lake. Whatever was inside the net, you couldn't quite tell. Her turquoise coat and mane almost allowed her to blend in with the lake's water. You're too far away to make out any more of her features. To her right were the docks, to the left a rocky beach that stretched until it met a group of trees a short distance away. The piers aren't in very good shape, in fact only one looked even remotely usable. The wood of the piers was gray and white. Some of the piers had even rotted to the point they were submerged by the lake.

Mirror Image

@@Golbez,@@Gloomfury,

Mirror, still blushing from Cherry's joke, awkwardly stood behind Cherry watching Belle. Meeting ponies was never one of her strong suits. It would be better if she just let Cherry do the talking. Thankfully it seemed that Cherry was trying to end the conversation so the two of them could clean up.

@@FortyTwo42,

@@Golbez,

@@Gloomfury,

@@SilverHeart,

@@Scribblegroove,

Sunset Glow

Sunset nodded to Aero as he went off to look for his friend's room, then trotted over to the front desk to locate her key. She grabbed one, not entirely sure where it was, but she figured the number wouldn't be too hard to find in a small hotel like this one. It could only be on one of two floors. Picking a key, she then made her way over to the hall, noting the numbers were too low, and that hers must be upstairs. She caught a glimpse of movement from the entrance, and turned just in time to see Scribblegroove's flank pass through the door, leaving. "Poor stallion.. He must feel terrible." She muttered, turning her head to the stairs again, and making her way up.

As she reached the top, she could see Cherry, Belle and.. Someone new? Sunset didn't recognize this third pony, although with the mask, it was impossible to know who it could be. She felt uneasy about the fact that she couldn't see this pony's face, something about not knowing what the expression behind it made her nervous, but she wandered on through the hall anyway. "Hello Belle, Cherry." She smiled, nodding at them, then pausing for a moment to look over the masked stranger "What a beautiful mask.." She said, absent mindedly, now seeing it up close. She admired the style of it, then snapped back into the moment. "Oh, forgive me, my name is Sunset." She continued to keep her positive composure, regardless of how she felt about this pony's hidden face.

Belinda

After finishing the roll, boredom got the better of Belinda. I don't have any practical way out of this place, we're probably too far from any other town to reasonably get there by hoof or wing. I guess I should find some way to entertain myself... She walked towards the counter and got the attention of the mare behind the counter. She attempted to feign politeness, but she didn't have much practice.

"Excuse me, but I heard something about some wild creatures coming into the town at night? Know what kinds?"

Rosewood

@@Evilshy,

Rosewood gave Belinda a slightly curious but ultimately apathetic look, "Well...I guess somepony already told you about that. I didn't think they would tell you about that. It probably isn't good for business for a resort....but I guess they'll resolve the issue by the time we open." She began while leaning forward on to the counter, "Let's see, there are Timber Wolves and the occasional Manticore...some other things that like to hide in the shadows. I've never really gotten a good look at them. I stick inside at night, as does nearly everypony else."

"You should too. Ponies that wander out at night have a habit of getting hurt or eaten." Rosewood finished, "But enough of that doom and gloom 

Mirror Image

@@Midnight Scribbler, @@FortyTwo42, @@Golbez, @@Gloomfury,

"Oh, um thank you. It was my mothers."

Mirror said, she made eye contact with Sunset for only a few seconds before looking away. "My name is Mirror Image. It's...nice to meet you."

Her gaze seemed to drift from the floor to Cherry before finally settling on the door that she and Cherry were next to. "If you'll excuse me...I really need to get ready for the dinner tonight."

Mirror excused herself before reaching a hoof up and gently brushing Cherry's wing. "Cherry, I'm going to get the bath ready. Don't be long..."

The masked mare turned around with her horn barely glowing, and walked face first into the still shut door before falling onto her flank. Immediately, she scrambled to open the door with a hoof while holding her muzzle with the other. As soon as she opened the door she hurried in before slamming it shut behind her.

Bittersweet

@everyone 

Bittersweet quietly walked past everyone and into her room. For whatever reason, she was almost unnoticeable and the room she entered unseen by anyone. In just a few days time, it would prove difficult to prove that she existed, if she ever existed at all. Bittersweet is gone.

Edited by SilverHeart
  • Brohoof 1

Belinda

Belinda blinked, now genuinely interested rather than simply trying to pass some time, and utterly ignoring Rosewood's obvious desire to change the subject. "Have ponies actually died here from animal attacks?"

That seemed odd, most animals commonly found in Equestria weren't all that dangerous. Sure, they might rough you up, but that was usually a defensive or intimidation thing. If they were coming into the town and hurting any pony who was outside, then something abnormal was probably going on.

"Are these attacks common?"

Rosewood

@@Evilshy

"Well..." Rosewood looked behind her, making sure that Rye wasn't in listening distance. "...Yeah. It's common enough that until His Highness returned, Bloodwell was probably going to die in a generation or two." The mare gave one last look behind her before making a motion with her hoof to one of the tables. "Let's move over there. It's a bit more comfortable than standing."

Rosewood didn't speak while she walked to the table. She sat down facing the door behind the counter. "Most of us don't have the money to move to another town and even if we did I don't know if anypony's ever just walked through the forest."

"The animals have gotten bold there are so few of us left. That's supposed to change now though with the town being turned into a resort. Hopefully that means we can get some protection at night too. That might be a while though."

Cherry Bomb

@@Gloomfury, @SilverHeart, @Scribblegroove, @Midnight Scribbler

The red mares ears twitched as another voice came from the stairs, cherry turned her head towards Aero just as he was asking if it was he she was yelling at down the stairs, She bit her bottom lip as he apologized despite the wrongful accusation.

Cherry wanted to correct him but before she could utter a syllable he retreated into what the pegasi assumed to be his room, her ears flattened, "Awwww, that wasn't fair...." she circled a hoof against the floor in regret and made a mental note to apoligise to him the first chance she got, she sighed as she turned her attention to Mirror who...surprisingly to the red mare, was talking with a crimson colored unicorn.

Watching in the background Cherry brightened up into a smile on the discovery of her shy withdrawn friend was actually making a conversation with some-pony else, When was the last time she did that? 

This discovery was short lived however, as Mirror began to retreat back to their room, she noticed Mirrors horn glowing fai-*BANG*

Cherry blinked and looked at Mirror in surprise as the tall unicorn fell back on her flank, holding her muzzle, "Oh my Gosh, Mirror are you ok?". She didn't get a response as the magician instead scrambled to get inside of her room, Cherry followed after her friend, "Mirror, what happ-*BANG*-OW!"

As Mirror did before her, Cherry fell back on her flank and held the front of her muzzle, rubbing it with one hoof, "Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow, that smarts, hey, is it bleeding?" Cherry looked towards Sunset as she moved one hoof away to show a slightly swollen and redder nose, however it wasn't bleeding.

• Brohoof 1

@@Golbez, @@Gloomfury, @@Midnight Scribbler, @@SilverHeart,

Aero Wind

Upon stepping into the corridor and quickly looking around, Aero saw Sunset standing just there. That's convenient, he doesn't need to go back to the foyer to get her. He walked over to Sunset, but before he could say anything, he heard a door slam and saw the red pony who yelled at him earlier fall onto her flank, rubbing her nose. Aero winced at the sight. That looked like it really hurt. She then turned and asked if her nose was bleeding. 'No, no, it's not bleeding,' Aero responded, 'although it does look a little swollen. You alright?'

Shadowhide came out of her room moments later after hearing the door slam. She saw Cherry sitting in front of a door rubbing her nose, then turned to Aero and asked 'What happened? Was she attacked?' Shadowhide’s going directly for the facts again, as always.

'I just saw the door slam in her face. It looked really painful! But I didn't see anything else, I only just left your room,' Aero explained.

Shadowhide nodded at Aero, and then she looked directly at Sunset and Belle. 'You two were here longer. What did you see?'

Edited by FortyTwo42

@@Windbreaker

To Poppy's approvement, he gave a simple nod, and Scribblegroove silently accompanied her down to the docks. She didn't seem like she wanted to talk at the moment. He himself enjoyed the silence as well. Just listening to the environment. It made him feel a little more calm. He had the tendency to let things get to him quite quickly, but walking outside like this, even though he felt a little sick, made him feel a lot better. The sound of the waters clashing with the stones, rushing down the mountain in the distance slowly became louder as they approached the lake. It was a vague background rustle, like white-noise, but closer to the water, where the soundwaves didn't have any obstructions, it became a lot clearer. This made Scribblegroove think. if there were rapids downstream, the town couldn't possibly send boats away from the town, and quite obviously other boats couldn't enter through it. It felt like yet another barrier around the isolated Bloodwell.

But his attention was distracted from the noise by a pony working with fishing nets, attempting to pull them out of the lake. She seemed to have some trouble with it, but Scribblegroove was more curious than worried. Looking around, he noticed the docks weren't exactly very well-preserved, like many other places in the town. He nodded towards Poppy. "Well, at least it all looks quite rustic..." he joked, looking a bit sorrowful at the fair share of rotting wood and rusing metal rims, broken equipment and unused piers.

Cherry Bomb

@@Gloomfury, @SilverHeart, @Scribblegroove, @Midnight Scribbler, @FortyTwo42

"Oh doh doh, it d'was dust a daccident," Cherry looked up at the panic stricken colt and waved a hoof dismissively at him in an attempt to reassure him, despite her sore snout giving her a slight speech impeedment, with perhaps a comical effect.

"My dwend dust pandicked and slamded de door in my dace, it d'was a domplete daccident," she grinned happily at Aero, and took a moment to look at the other three ponies there, "Doh, bedore I bedet...."

The red mare abruptly threw her forearms around Aero and briefly squeezed the colt tightly in a hug before just as quickly letting go, whereupon she followed up with a simple "peck" on the cheek.

"Buo bidn't bet de bexlain bedore, by budn't boudin' bat due badout bye dane, by dwas boudin' bat bonedomy belse, byme deally dorry."

Cherry tilted her head slightly as she smiled sympatheticly at Aero,"Dye dould deally deck don Birror, by'd dike to beet dou dater broderbly bis devning!.....band dwen dye ban dalk broderbly."

Cherry grinned sheepishly at this before she pushed on the door and went inside.

"Birror, bar bou dokay?"

((OOC: I won't give a translation as that may spoil it, however if your struggling try saying the sentance out loud to help you hear what it would sound like.

Or even hold your nose and do it ;) ))

Edited by Golbez

@@Golbez, @@Gloomfury, @@Midnight Scribbler,

Aero Wind

Aero heard the red mare with the swollen nose speak to him. He did his best to listen, but the injury must've made it difficult for her to speak, and Aero could only understand about every second word. Enough to get a gist of what she's saying, but it was difficult to understand exactly what she was telling him. So far it sounds like she's speaking about a door accident. So, the door was slammed in her face accidentally? That's a bit of a relief, it's better than the door being slammed in her face deliberately.

Then she hugged him tightly and gave him a light kiss on the cheek. Aero simply smiled awkwardly as his face turned slightly red.

She continued speaking, and like before Aero had trouble understanding her. It sounded like she was apologizing for yelling at him about her mane earlier. That's a relief, one less awkward moment to worry about. Was she saying somepony else was to blame? Aero didn’t spend his day with her, so he didn’t know exactly what happened to her. Maybe he should ask later when he can understand her clearly.

Then she asked him out. At least, that's what he thought she was saying. Aero returned his awkward smile again, saying nothing. How do you respond to that?!

Finally, she went back to the door and went into the room. Aero opened his mouth to say something to her, but closed it again when he realized he still had no idea what to say. Aero waited for the door to shut, to make sure the mare was out of earshot. Then he turned to the others and asked 'Was she... Was she flirting with me?'

(edited)

@@FortyTwo42,

@@Golbez,

@@SilverHeart,

Sunset Glow

Sunset smiled as Mirror explained that the mask belonged to her mother. "How beautiful that you honour her by wearing it." She paused as Mirror began to retreat into her room. "Oh, yes of course. I should do the same. Perhaps later we can talk more." She continued, then turned her attention to Cherry, who seemed upset at the moment. She turned just in time to catch the door square in the nose as Mirror shut it rather heavily. "Oh dear.. I. er, no. I don't believe it's bleeding dear. Are you alright?" Sunset was caught offguard by this, but it didn't seem to have injured Cherry that badly. It didn't look pleasant though, by any means.

Just then, Aero came running, looking somewhat panicked. Cherry suddenly hugged him and kissed his cheek, apologizing for yelling.. or something, it was hard to understand her at the moment. Sunset smiled, finding this jesture adorable, especially with Aero, now blushing, and looking so awkward. Sunset Giggled lightly "Well, perhaps we should go get ourselves ready too." She glanced to Aero for a moment. "We'll see you soon, Cherry. Take care of that nose now." She smiled, and began to move along to locate her room. Turning back to Aero, as he asked if Cherry was flirting with him. She giggled again. "Perhaps, though it's hard to tell, she seems like a very energetic pony. I wouldn't get too excited yet."

Sunset came upon the room with the matching number to her key. Turing the key in the lock, the door popped open. Removing it, she pushed the door open, and looked about at the various common things one would expect to see in a hotel. Not too homey, but homey enough. She noticed her bag was propped in the corner next to one of the beds, against the night stand table. The sun was far to the west now, the light shining through the window was reflected golden glow of the late afternoon, coming from the buildings across the street, and the meadows beyond. "This place is quite beautiful, I could get used to being here." She reflected aloud, gazing out the window.

Edited by Midnight Scribbler
  • Brohoof 1

Poppy Seed

@@Scribblegroove@@SilverHeart,

She started enjoying the scenery, the chance to relax quietly away from the noise of the city. And then she remembered that she was being followed by the stallion who left the snot in Cherry's mane. She wasn't exactly sure why he was following her other than the fact that she was alone, but she kept an eye on him.

As they reached the docks and saw the sorry state it was in, still being renovated for the resort's eventual opening, Poppy sighed. She'd planned to relax by the river, but there was no way she could relax here. "Yeah...It's rustic alright..." She said when the stallion spoke, heading over to help the mare with the nets.

"Hello. Would you like some help with that?" Poppy asked as she approached the mare, putting on a friendly smile.

@@Windbreaker,

@@Scribblegroove,

Captain Bluemane

The old mare stood, hauling on the nets shakily. You notice her cutie mark is a ship compass, not surprising for a mare at the docks, although this wasn't exactly the ocean.. or even a large lake at that. You could see the far side of it from the shore, easily. She didn't appear to be very strong, but then it was difficult to tell how heavy the load was that she was pulling in. At first, she didn't seem to notice you approach, but at the last moment, she jolted her head in your direction, with a questioning and somewhat disgruntled expression. The first thing your eyes make contact with is the unsightly state of the old mare's wrinkled face, marred with old scars an indented, scarred looking patch of skin where her left eye should have been. "Eh? Who are you then?" She asked, in a weathered old voice. She stared with her only eye first at the mare who'd approached her, then at the stallion who had followed behind. All the while, she continued fiddling with the nets. "The name's Captain Bluemane, keeper of what's left of the docks." She said, as if the question had already been asked, seeming somewhat sarcastic about the state of her profession. "Ehh.. Don't be worrying about this, I'll have it out in a moment" She continued, and turned back to stubbornly hauling on the net for a moment before the bottom of it was visible, slowly emerging from the water, laiden heavily with kelp and seaweed. "Town's gotta eat, and the beaches need cleaning up. So whatchya need?" She snapped. It was hard to tell if it was iritation or simply just sharp, to the point mentality. Her expression didn't seem all too friendly in any case.

• Brohoof 1

Cherry Bomb

"Oh doh doh, it d'was dust a daccident," Cherry looked up at the panic stricken colt and waved a hoof dismissively at him in an attempt to reassure him, despite her sore snout giving her a slight speech impeedment, with perhaps a comical effect.

"My dwend dust pandicked and slamded de door in my dace, it d'was a domplete daccident," she grinned happily at Aero, and took a moment to look at the other three ponies there, "Doh, bedore I bedet...."

The red mare abruptly threw her forearms around Aero and briefly squeezed the colt tightly in a hug before just as quickly letting go, whereupon she followed up with a simple "peck" on the cheek.

"Buo bidn't bet de bexlain bedore, by budn't boudin' bat due badout bye dane, by dwas boudin' bat bonedomy belse, byme deally dorry."

Cherry tilted her head slightly as she smiled sympatheticly at Aero,"Dye dould deally deck don Birror, by'd dike to beet dou dater broderbly bis devning!.....band dwen dye ban dalk broderbly."

Cherry grinned sheepishly at this before she pushed on the door and went inside.

"Birror, bar bou dokay?"

((OOC: I won't give a translation as that may spoil it, however if your struggling try saying the sentance out loud to help you hear what it would sound like.

Or even hold your nose and do it ;) ))

There wasn't much in the way of decorations to the room. Or furniture. There was only a bed, adequately large enough for one pony, but barely had the room for two. In addition to that there was one antique wicked chair and a small dresser that had a candle on top. The room was further cramped by being half the size of the other rooms on the second floor. On the far side of the bed was the only window for the room that provided a scenic view of the dilapidated building across the street.

Mirror leansd against the door to their bathroom and shows. The fur on her hoof was stained a light red. "I can't even use my magic to open doors now." Mirror lamented; she finished her sentence by not so gently knocking her head against the wall. If she had noticed Cherry's temporary speech impediment she didn't show it. She reached a good up to the bathroom door and pushed it open but didn't immediately walk in. "I don't see why any of this has to be happening now...my whole career could depend on how I do here...."

She still hadn't looked back at Cherry, seemingly content to complain to the wall without looking at her friend. The only other noise that came from her was a sleep sigh before she walked into the bathroom. Moments later the sound of the running shower could be heard. Mirror poked her head back theough the door. She was still wearing her mask and cape. Just like her leg the end of her muzzle was a faint red. "Cherry, can you help me with my cape and mask? I dknt want t-" She paused as she looked at Cherry fro the first time since use entered the room. "What happened to your nose?"

post-19423-0-10430900-1429454361_thumb.png

"Oh it dothing, " Cherry said with a grin, in truth her swollen nose did rather hurt a bit but her the smile on her face hid it well, "By just bangded by dose bon de door."

Striding from the door their door to Mirror, Cherry paused mid way to hoak in her suitcase placed beside the dresser, because of the lack of a proper wardrobe the clown pony had no choice but to keep her own belongings in her own carry case.

Cherry pulled out a pink towel from it and tossed it over and onto her back as she proceeded towards Mirror, stopping in front of her her pleasant smile turned to a look of concern as she raised a hoof to examine Mirror closely, Despite her mask she could still detect a hint of blood flowing down her muzzle, "Bo dear, dis dhat blood? Come, het's bet that bleaned up."

once again she smiled at the tall unicorn as she ushered her in lightly into their bathroom.

"Oh it dothing, " Cherry said with a grin, in truth her swollen nose did rather hurt a bit but her the smile on her face hid it well, "By just bangded by dose bon de door."

Striding from the door their door to Mirror, Cherry paused mid way to hoak in her suitcase placed beside the dresser, because of the lack of a proper wardrobe the clown pony had no choice but to keep her own belongings in her own carry case.

Cherry pulled out a pink towel from it and tossed it over and onto her back as she proceeded towards Mirror, stopping in front of her her pleasant smile turned to a look of concern as she raised a hoof to examine Mirror closely, Despite her mask she could still detect a hint of blood flowing down her muzzle, "Bo dear, dis dhat blood? Come, het's bet that bleaned up."

once again she smiled at the tall unicorn as she ushered her in lightly into their bathroom.

Mirror nodded as Cherry forced her into their bathroom. "Are you sure you're okay? That's what happened to me....though I guess you know that." Mirror replied while Cherry...prepared whatever she planned to do, Mirror reached into the tub and turned the faucet on to allow the water to warm up. In the meantime sat down next tor he tub and watched Cherry.

@@Midnight Scribbler,

Aero Wind

Aero nodded at Sunset. 'Yeah, let's get ready. That dinner starts soon, so we better get ready to go to...' Aero paused in thought for a moment, then turned to Shadowhide. 'Where are we going again?'

'The mansion,' Shadowhide replied.

'Yeah, to the mansion. Thanks!'

When Sunset mentioned he shouldn't get too excited about Cherry, he went slightly red again and quickly blurted out 'Hey, it's not like I was going to... going to...' Aero's face seemed to become redder as he stuttered. He thought he could see Shadowhide smiling at him out of the corner of his eye. Is he somehow amusing her? That isn't an easy feat. But he’s too embarrassed to pay much attention to her. 'I have no idea what I was going to say after that. Um, reject her? Not going to reject her? Wait, double negative, so, that means I said... Can we talk about something else before I completely lose track of myself and say something I regret? Let's just go get ready. I'll see you later, Shadowhide!'

'See you soon, Romeo,' Shadowhide answered, still smirking slightly. She then turned to Sunset, her usual serious expression returning. 'Good n... Have a... Take care.' She then turned and walked back into her room, shutting the door.

'Aww, she was embarrassed,' Aero commented. She turned to face Sunset. 'I had a quick talk with her about you and a few others becoming my friends, and I think she's trying to be friendly to you too because of that. But it takes her a while to warm up to ponies, so please try to be understanding with her. She can be a very loyal friend when you get to know her well!'

Aero followed Sunset into their room. The room itself didn't seem like anything special, but it'll do. There are a lot of places in Bloodwell he still has to see, so it's not like he's going to spend much time here anyway. That sunset, on the other hoof, was breathtaking. Hearing Sunset voice her thoughts, he responded 'I agree, this place is lovely. I can't wait to see all the places in Bloodwell!' Aero then placed his saddlebags on his bed, then stared at it for a moment in thought and said 'Well, I'm pretty much ready to go to the dinner now. All I really need to do is bring myself. There's nothing to prepare!'

Rosewood

@@Evilshy

"Well..." Rosewood looked behind her, making sure that Rye wasn't in listening distance. "...Yeah. It's common enough that until His Highness returned, Bloodwell was probably going to die in a generation or two." The mare gave one last look behind her before making a motion with her hoof to one of the tables. "Let's move over there. It's a bit more comfortable than standing."

Rosewood didn't speak while she walked to the table. She sat down facing the door behind the counter. "Most of us don't have the money to move to another town and even if we did I don't know if anypony's ever just walked through the forest."

"The animals have gotten bold there are so few of us left. That's supposed to change now though with the town being turned into a resort. Hopefully that means we can get some protection at night too. That might be a while though."

Belinda

Belinda thought it odd that Rose didn't want to talk in earshot of others. Perhaps there was a rule against it; Rose was right, attacks WOULD be terrible for resort business. And her comment did bring up other thoughts, like how anypony could make even a meager living in a resort with no guests for so long. Sure, the farmers and such would be fine, but what about all the service workers? Everything about this town just kept getting weirder.

"So you don't even have guards? That certainly doesn't seem like a good idea if you're concerned with appearances."

She thought about Rose's last words again. "Wait, so this place wasn't always a resort? What was it before? I mean, you obviously have royalty living here so it can't have been just some remote village."