Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bloodlines (S.O.L./Horror Mystery) [reboot]

Midnight Scribbler

@@SilverHeart,
@,
@@FortyTwo42,
@@FirstPonySpectre,

Sunset Glow

Sunset took in what Emerald had said. "alone time" followed by a sly grin. There was really no mistaken what she was hinting at here, unless she truly was more mysterious and unreadable than Sunset could tell. She gave Emerald a quick grin in response, as if to say "I have a good idea what you mean"

Aero Wind continued on about his fear of snakes, to which Sunset gave him an empathetic shake of her head. Before she could respond, he'd moved on to another conversation, mentioning something that had already been on her mind just a moment prior. Emerald's sharing of rooms, or lack thereof. Sunset could understand entirely, gossip could really kill a pony's reputation. "It's a shame so many ponies seem to listen to that sort of rumour with such conviction. In the end, it shouldn't even really concern them. I mean, should it really matter who you choose to be with? I just can't see how it would be that big of a deal." She stopped, feeling that she might have gone beyond her bounds. Sunset worried that her opinion was too strong, so she took this moment to break herself off, and allow Emerald to give her input, whether it be agreement, or a perspective Sunset hadn't considered.

Sunset overheard Bittersweet's pun, "killer medicine" Which made her slightly uneasy. She realized this mare seemed to be rather shy, and perhaps hadn't really thought of how frightening it might be for a doctor to make a pun about deadly medicine to ponies who had no medical knowledge. She passed it off, simply for what it likely was. A bad pun. But something in the back of her mind nagged her to trust what Bittersweet offered in medicine a bit less. Even though it was likely unfounded paranoia, medicine wasn't something Sunset wanted to take chances with. She was glad she wasn't feeling ill at the moment, that much was certain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Cask

Red Cask stood patiently as the ponies conversed. Seeming content that the group was so relaxed and seemingly enjoying each others company. He noted that the black mare was ready to depart, and nodded his head. Sweeping his gaze, he addressed the group. "Forgive my interruption, but if you are all quite ready, we can make our way along to the manor now. Please follow me." He announced dryly, and turned towards the road, leading northward.

As the group traveled along behind the old stallion, the buildings at the northern end of town stopped, meeting a large stone wall, capped with iron spikes. Clearly designed to make it difficult to cross the wall without meeting with some kind of injury along the way. The road ended at a large gate, which seemed to be the only entrance to the mansion grounds. Ahead of the group, the land sloped upward in a picturesque meadow, dotted with trees. Well trimmed bushes lined the road, which wound it's way up to the mouth of a massive entrance way to the manor. The mansion it's self was impossibly large, and towered over every other building seen so far. As the group followed up the path, it becomes visible that the mansion seems to have been built directly into the cliff walls behind it, which climb high above.

The entrance, as the group neared, was guarded by two behemoth statues of unicorns. Beyond that, shallow steps lead up to a landing, lined with bloated looking pillars, which held a large balcony, high above. The heavy wooden door towered overhead by at least another pony's height overhead, or more.

Red cask turned to address the group once more, just before opening the mansion doors. "We are now about to enter his majesty's estate, I must ask that you please stay with me. I cannot have anypony wandering off alone in the manor, as some areas are very much off limits to even myself, and are solely the domain of the town's stewardess', and his majesty Blooblood, and only those they invite personally." With that, Red Cask pulled the massive, heavy door open by it's iron ring. It appeared to swing with relative ease, for being such a large door.

The entrance of the mansion was extravagant. A beautiful grand staircase rolled up both sides of the main floor with a large archway in the center, leading to the rest of the main floor beyond. To either side, just before the bottoms of both stairways, were arched doorways leading off into the front rooms. A massive chandelier of crystal hangs, centered above the atrium floor. Red Cask entered the building behind everyone else, pulling the door shut behind him. "This way, please." He commented, passing by the group, and wandering towards the central hallway.

• Brohoof 1

Scribblegroove

@@SilverHeart

Even though the theatre had lost most of it's former glory, some of it's beauty had been retained and perhaps even been improved by the visible age of it. It gave him the idea that he was entering a building with a history and character, even though he could be completely wrong and this was just a hovel, abandoned by the ponies of Bloodwell, unpreserved as time had slowly taken over the marvellous piece of architecture. Inside, he couldn't make out a lot of the theatre, since it was very badly lit in both the hall as the theatre itself. Only on the stage he could make out a single figure.

Slowly moving through the darkness, Scribblegroove silently walked up a few rows to the stage until he could make out what was going on stage clearly enough. He wasn't quite sure if the pony on stage was in the middle of a recital or if there was simply nothing going on at the moment. Deciding to wait until something happened, Scribblegroove took a seat in one of the middle rows, right next to a pathway closer towards the stage. At a reasonable enough distance to not be a distrubance, and perhaps to not even be noticed, but close enough to see what was going on. Curious, but a little hesitative, he watched.

• Brohoof 1

@@Scribblegroove

As you walk closer to the stage you notice that the seats and condition of the theater are improving. Some of the seats are beginning to even look like they are brand new. There isn't any dirt on the carpet and its color hasn't even faded all that much except for where generations of hooves have worn it down. At the very least some ponies cared enough about the theater to try and maintain parts of it.

Now that you've gotten closer to the stage you can make out the lone figure a bit better. You have little doubt that this is the magician that Red Cask told you about. The purple cape and harlequin styled mask certainly help to give her position away. The cape-no you notice that its actually a cloak with the hood down-The edge of the cloak is being held in her mouth and positioned in a way that shields the right half of her body from view. Still she doesn't seem to be doing much besides rolling a small ball back and forth with her left hoof. It doesn't seem like she's all that interested in the ball, it comes across as the sort of idle motions a very bored pony would make just to kill time. If she's noticed you she hasn't made any sign of it.

Unlike the magician it seems you've attracted the attention of whoever or whatever is in the balcony. Two pairs of eyes are staring at you. They're remarkable easy to see in the dim light, almost as if they're glowing. Both pairs of eyes have the same colors, one bright blue eye and one bright green.The colors are reversed so that no matter how the two stood they would look like reflections in a mirror. The only sounds you can hear in the theater are the hushed laughter and nearly inaudible whispers coming from the balcony. You still can't make out any details other than the eyes.

Edited by SilverHeart
  • Brohoof 1

Emerald Gaze.

Emerald smiled and gave a half-shrug in response to Sunset. A noble enough opinion: if a little naive. Exactly the sort of comment she had expected.

"True enough: though I suppose that whenever in the public eye one expects stories about them - I'm fortunate that mine have all proven positive!" She shook her head with a slight smirk. "As I stated however, the rumors were nothing but hearsay. A dutchess I was visiting was supposedly to be poisoned and I was her... ahem, 'personal guard'... nonsense of course, I wasn't even in the building in question!"

Once more, that mirthful look appeared for a moment - stories were always fun to tell, even if they needed to be embellished a little.

"Of course, neither was the dutchess..."

Emerald found herself stopped suddenly by the voice of Red Cask - or had she timed it on purpose? Certainly, he spoke at just the moment to leave the storys details and level of truth unexplained. She nodded solely and followed the guide with a curious look in her eyes: thirsty for knowledge within the books... and about them.

"Ser Cask, If I may..." Emerald interjected as they walked. "While I shall endeavour to stay by your side, I'm afraid that I have the most awful tendency when reading: I become quite absent minded. Could you point out said areas for me?"

With a quick glance back towards the others. "With all of us here, I cannot really claim your attention all to myself now, can I? And I'd hate to wander into somewhere I'm not supposed to, especially if it might cause undue embarrassment..."

Edited by Cinder

Poppy Seed

@@FortyTwo42,

Poppy rounded on the mare who pushed Dove. "Lay off 'er. She might've cut you off by accident, but that's no reason to go being rude to ponies." She said, leaving it at that. If retribution came, Poppy started thinking of what she'd have to do to diffuse a tense situation.

@,@@SilverHeart,

"Sorry about that. We're just a bit eager to get to our rooms, is all." She said to the receptionist, giving a warm smile before turning to Dove. "You ok? I think I know a few cures for hiccups. We'll fix it once we get to our room."

Edited by Windbreaker

@@FortyTwo42,

Dove Marigold

"This mare think she could shove me?" Dove frowned, glaring at the mare who forcefully talked to her when she knew nopony was looking. "Sorry, sorry! I didn't realize you were here. Excuse my rudeness for cutting." She had to clench her hoof from kicking her in the shin.

@@Windbreaker,

Dove was a little surprised at Poppy's response. It wasn't a normal everyday response she would get - especially from somepony she hardly knew. Surely Poppy couldn't already trust her. Trying not to think about these thoughts, she looked at Poppy with a smile and said, "No, no, I deserved it. Thank you for assisting me." Dove turned to the mare at the desk with a polite thank you. She began to trot towards her room, not before saying, "I don't think I need a cure - I just have a.. *hic!* headache, is all. Please don't worry."

Edited by Kaia

(edited)

@@SilverHeart,
@,

@@FirstPonySpectre,

@@FortyTwo42,

Sunset Glow
Sunset listened as Emerald continued on with her story. She chuckled at the last comment, wondering about this mysterious black mare. "Ah, well.. where was she if you don't mind my asking? Forgive me if I'm being too personal" Sunset grinned sheepishly, wondering if she might have gone beyond a line with Emerald that she shouldn't have. Although, it was difficult not to wonder.

Sunset followed along the path behind Red Cask, taking in the nearly surreal scenery. The mountain above seemed to climb so high it was impossible to imagine how far away the top was exactly. As they passed into the shadow of the mountain, the air became noticeably cooler. A breeze was blowing up from the town below, which kept fighting off the cool of the shadowed place the mansion stood.
They eventually entered the mansion. It was the most impressive building Sunset had ever been inside. As they wandered after Red Cask, Emerald began to ask some things about which rooms they weren't allowed to be in. This seemed somewhat odd to ask, but Sunset supposed it might not be a bad idea to know where they shouldn't be wandering. That thought ran through her head, as they began to pass paintings in the hall, which took her attention momentarily. They all seemed to be portraits of the same family line, each one looking slightly less faded with age as they walked. The last one took her attention. It was Blueblood. "It must be his family line." She thought with some interest. Considering perhaps she would study the painting a little bit, she stalled, then wandered back to the one just before Blueblood along the line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Cask

Red Cask turned his head to answer Emerald's query. The group was just about to round a corner, when he noticed one of the group had fallen behind, focused on a painting in the hall. He glanced at Emerald for a moment "Excuse me, one moment.." He interrupted his response momentarily, focusing on the crimson mare behind the group. "Ma'am? Would you kindly keep up with the group please? We mustn't be wandering off alone now." He said, his voice raised slightly to catch Sunset's attention. Sunset jumped slightly, her head jerked to locate who was speaking, then sheepishly grinned, and trotted back to the tail of the group.

Red Cask smiled softly, and continued on. "We have many private quarters for the royal family, which are located on the second floor. All of the main floor is generally open to guests, but the upper floors are more.. How shall I say.. On an invitation only basis." He said, sparing a quick glance over his shoulder again, to make sure nopony had fallen behind again. "The Library here has everything you should require, there are seats and tables to sit at while you read. It is a very comfortable place to spend hours with a book." he paused for a moment, as the group entered the library. "I should also mention there is only one way in or out of this room, so you will have to pass by me to exit. I'm sure you will have no worries of wandering off absentmindedly." He finished, with a hint of amusement in his voice.

The library was extravagant. Books lined the tall walls up to the ceiling, sitting firmly together within their dark, oak wood shelves. Even the pillars that divided the tall, narrow windows were decorated with book shelves, packed with books from bottom to top. Railed ladders were mounted into the shelves, for ease of access to the books higher up. One could climb to the top, and simply push off, rolling around the rotunda of bookshelves. The ceiling was decorated with intricately carved wooden finish. At it's center hung a slim and delicate chandelier connected to a beautiful, circular sunroof of stained glass, which mimicked a slightly cloudy sky.

Edited by Midnight Scribbler
  • Brohoof 1

Aero Wind

@@FirstPonySpectre,

When Bitter asked Aero what he wanted to know, he was rather caught off guard. Sure, he'd love to hear more about alchemy in general, but he realized there was nothing in particular he wanted to ask about. After a pause, he said 'I'm not really sure where to start.' He stared into the distance in though for a moment, then continued 'You sell medicine, right? Maybe we could start there! What kinds of medicine do you make and sell?' Who knows, he might be interested in buying some of it.

@@Midnight Scribbler,

Since Aero was now having a very interesting conversation with Bitter, he quickly lost interest in Emerald and Sunset's conversation. Those two were already essentially having a conversation of their own, so that leaves Aero able to focus on talking to Bitter about her utterly fascinating alchemy work. He did pay attention to Red Cask as he gave directions and led them to the mansion... Well, he occasionally paid attention. His conversation with Bitter is too interesting! Hopefully he didn't miss anything important. He successfully made it to the library with everypony without anypony yelling at him to pay attention or anything, so he probably got all the important bits. And what a grand library it was! For now, he was still taking to Bitter about her work, but when their conversation is done, he’ll have heaps of wonderful books to browse!

---

Shadowhide

@@SilverHeart, @@Windbreaker, @,

Shadowhide took the key to her room from the receptionist, saying 'Thanks,' as she did. She then looked to the two ponies who interrupted her earlier. 'I was simply explaining a rule you seemed to be unaware of. I did not intend to be rude. If you follow the rules next time, I won't have to respond like this.' She saw no point in arguing, so to avoid any further responses, she quickly walked away towards her room.

She noted that the room directions for all four ponies who arrived at the hotel so far started with 'go up the stairs and take a left.' Since that's exactly where her room is located, that means the other two rooms taken so far are past her room, giving her at least three other ponies to monitor with hoofstep sounds, and nopony she can’t monitor so far. It’s probably a good idea to explore the hotel to understand its layout and understand just how effective this strategy will be. But first, she’ll drop off the heavy saddlebags in her room. She followed the directions to the door, unlocked it, and stepped inside.

(I'm stopping there in case you want to describe what the rooms are like)

Cherry Bomb

@@Gloomfury, @SilverHeart, @Scribblegroove

Cherry allowed a small giggle to pass her lips at Belle's note as she used an outstretched wing to usher her new friend to follow her, "Oh you wouldn't believe how soft a cloud is, like you actually couldn't, I mean if you could imagine the softest thing you every laid yourself on...and times that by like..a thousand, that wouldn't even be a tenth, of a tenth, of a tenth of actually how comfortable a cloud actually is because they are like that soft and it's actually dangerous for me to actually sleep on one because I would like...never wake up from sleeping on a  cloud, they are just so...soft and I feel so bad for ponies that don't have wings because they'll never be able to try that forthemselvesandinallhonestyit'snotthatdifficulttolikeIdunnocastaspellonthemsothatothernon-wingedponiscouldsleeponthemtooImeanimagineiftheycouldturncloudsintoactualbedsthatanyponycouldsleeponohmygoshIthinkIjustcameupwithsomethingthatcouldsellliketottallywellImeanwhywouldn'tponieswnattobuyacloudbedImeanwouldn'tyou?"

"Hmm? Wouldn't you?"

Cherry beamed at Belle expectantly for an answer before glancing up at the theater before them, "Oh look, we're here! Yay! Come on let's go inside!"

Edited by Golbez
  • Brohoof 2

((OOC: Evilshy, I totally forgot to write a post for your room. This is definitely my bad, I'm not sure if you were waiting on me to post that but if you were and I never post, just remind me in the OOC. I can be forgetful. This goes for anyone really.))

@@FortyTwo42,@@Evilshy

Your room is about the size a pony might expect judging by the building. It's a little on the small side but it seems rather cozy. There's one bed with two pillows and a blanket on it, a dresser for your clothes and a nightstand with a lantern on sitting on top. There are also a few paintings to decorate the room, most of them are landscape portraits with the occasional portrait or painting of a pony. 

@@Evilshy,

From your room's first window you have a perfect view of the docks and the lake. The other window offers a pleasant view of the Southwestern side of town, beyond that you can barely make out what looks a bit like a cemetery.Your room is the last on the left with only one more room past it, which is the one that the receptionist told you not to go into. For the most part everything should be quiet, the only annoyance will be the kitchen, since its nearly across the hall from you, thankfully its just short of your own room and you won't have to put up with any of the other guests unless you choose to do so.

@@FortyTwo42

From your window you have a view of the Mansion, the Northwestern part of the town and a waterfall that flows into the lake. You have a particularly good view of the tower near the water. You notice that there are three rooms to the right of your own. Your room is close enough that you might be able to hear someone walking down the stairs if everything is quiet.

@,  @@Windbreaker,

The room that you two share has two beds, two nightstands, each with their own lamp, and one shared dresser. Sadly it seems as if your room is lacking in decoration. There's only one portrait on the far wall. However, you do have a nice view of the lake but that seems to be about it.

• Brohoof 3

Dove Marigold

Still angry at the mare earlier who told her off for "cutting," Dove decided to just go to her room with Poppy. She hoped she'd remembered where to go properly. She believed the mare said to go upstairs, down the hall, and take a right. No, that didn't sound right. Maybe she should check the right just to make sure. She trotted quietly up the stairs to the second floor - she felt the need to be quiet. The piercing silence that rang throughout the hotel was almost uncanny. It appeared that going to the right was wrong. She redirected herself and Poppy to the left and got out the key she recieved from the receptionist. She attempted to pick up the key and twist it in the key hole, but was met with failure when her hoof dropped the key. She tried using her mouth - she hated being an earth pony - to use the key and this time there was a faint click. She did a mental fist pump before she went in, hoping and praying Poppy didn't think she looked stupid - she's gone this far and she can't let Poppy lose any trust to her now.

It was a magnificent room - to Dove, at least - when she saw there were actually two beds and two nightstands - even a window with a view! "Ah, this is so exciting! I've never been in a hotel room before." Dove smiled excitedly - except she wasn't kidding. She truly has never been in one before and it was way better than where she used to live. She might actually enjoy herself here. She soon realized that with all this excitement she was hungry. "Pardon me, Poppy. I can't unpack my items now - I have to get something to eat. I'll get something for you, too, I promise," she smiled, beginning to go out into the hallway and down the stairs.

@@FortyTwo42,

Dove, as she was getting down the stairs, felt like she had to go and talk to that mare earlier. Maybe she could "apologize" for "cutting" her earlier. She could maybe give her a piece of her mind too.. she turned down the hallway into the first story's corridor and saw an open door. "Is anypony here? Pardon the intrusion.." she stared into the room, searching for the mare. "I came to apologize."

Shadowhide

@@SilverHeart,

Before stepping into her room, Shadowhide quickly surveyed the corridor. She saw three more rooms to the right of her room. She would likely hear anypony coming to or from those rooms. After checking the corridor, Shadowhide stepped into her room. She quickly placed the heavy saddlebags down, relieved that all that weight has now stopped pushing down on her. In her rush to drop her bags, she inadvertently left the door open, allowing any passersby to look into her room.

Next, Shadowhide inspected her room, noting everything she finds in it. Bed, window, dresser, paintings, nightstand... and a lantern. She won't have much light at night, then. Does nopony use a different light source in this town? What about fireflies? Fireflies make a perfectly good source of light. She might have to go to the shops later and see what she can find.

@,

Shadowhide heard the familiar voice of the mare that cut her off earlier. It sounded like she wanted to apologize. Finally, some basic courtesy. Shadowhide looked towards the open door, stepping into view. Looks like she forgot to shut it. 'Very well. Come in,' she responded.

Belle

@@Golbez, ((Sorry I took forever.))

Belle was dumbstruck by the rapid talking mare. On the outside she had the look of confusion on her face, even though you could only see her eyes. But on the inside her brain was trying to make since of when Cherry just said. But when Cherry said that they've reached the theater, she snapped back to reality. After shaking her head a little she quickly followed Cherry.

@@FortyTwo42,

Dove Marigold

"I'm really sorry for what happened earlier. I honestly didn't see you there.." dove said in what she hoped was a sincere tone. "May I come in?" she asked, smiling. "I hope I didn't interrupt anything." In her head, she thought, "I hope I interrupted her. She was the one who cutted me," Dove looked around the room in the doorway.

Edited by Kaia

Shadowhide

@,

Dove sounds genuinely sorry about cutting Shadowhide off. It wasn't too big an issue, so Shadowhide forgave her. 'Apology accepted. Come in,' Shadpwhide replied. She waited for Dove to come into the room, then she shut the door behind her. Next, she picked up her saddlebags telekinetically and walked around the room placing things inside in various spots. 'I'm not busy, I'm simply putting away belongings. It's no intrusion,' Shadowhide responded as she walked around the room, paying little attention to Dove. 'Were you distracted back in the foyer? I'm curious as to how you missed seeing me.'

@@FortyTwo42,

Dove Marigold

"I'm glad to hear that," Dove said with a smile. "Ah, it's nothing important. I was just pondering.. something," Dove trotted inside, fully inviting herself in. "May I help you unpack your bags? Oh, I'm Dove Marigold by the way. I didn't properly introduce myself yet," she smiled, still ticked off.

Shadowhide

@,

Shadowhide paused for a moment in thought before continuing unpacking her bags. 'I don't recall us introducing ourselves. I'm Shadowhide.' She then stopped and looked at Dove for a moment. 'I'd rather unpack my bags myself, please. If I let somepony else assist, I don't know where they will place my belongings, and I may have trouble locating them later.' She then resumed unpacking again. 'Incidentally, what were you pondering about?'

@@FortyTwo42,

Dove Marigold

"Don't worry, I'll tell you where it is," Dove smiled, sitting down nearby Shadowhide. "...It's nothing you need to burden yourself with," she said quietly. "Is somepony staying here with you?" Dove asked, trying to steer the conversation away from what she was thinking about.

Edited by Kaia

Belinda/

At least the room was okay. Out of the way, near the kitchen, with a window in case she felt like sneaking out. Belinda arranged a little bed for Ophelia before laying down in her own bed. It actually was a pretty nice bed. I guess at least some of this will be enjoyable.

After about half an hour, she got up and sighed. I guess I should try to figure out when this dinner party starts. She got up and patted her sleeping snake's head a few times, who flicker her tongue out absently and curled up a little more. She then walked out as quietly as she could, and then went to the front. She sat down on a bench, waiting for somepony from the carriage to come by.

(Sorry for this delayed response. I fell dreadfully ill, and didn't really feel like doing much. I apologize.)

Bittersweet followed the invisible trail left by the leading Red Cask. Subtly admiring the architecture of the manor as we entered. Bitter didn't need to take too much notice to the ponies warning about wandering off, she already had no intention of straying from the group, at least not yet. The large staircases were behemoths compared to any other staircases that the pink pony had seen in the past. The large chandelier made of shimmering crystals caused Bitter's gaze to focus on it for a moment, almost mesmerized by it's shine.

Then, before long they arrived at the library. Books lined the walls like they were the walls themselves. These chronicles of knowledge could overload the mind with information, both fact and fiction. Bitter's eyes almost shimmered as she quivered with excitement, though a few deep breaths and she quickly collected herself. It was unlike anything she had ever seen before. Just the thought of what kind of books on alchemy that could exist in this treasure trove of knowledge nearly caused salivation behind the quivering lips of Bittersweet. 

"So many books... so... many... books..." She chanted in her thoughts like some kind of mantra. Though Bittersweet quickly realized she probably looked like some kind of crazy psycho pony, so she violently shook her head side to side to try to erase the euphoric thoughts from her mind. 

@@FortyTwo42,

Though as Bitter snapped back into reality she heard the eager stallion inquire to know about her medical talents. Bitter thought for a moment about what area she wanted to focus on. When an idea struck her she immediately spoke up. "I concoct almost any kind of remedy or elixir you can think of, really." She paused as she thought of how to word her next statement, putting a hoof to her chin as she pondered for the second. "Though if I had to pick a favorite I'd probably go with the rather unorthodox recipes simply because of how fun they are to craft." 

@,

Speaking of alchemy it reminded her of why she came here, or at least the only reason she could remember. Turning to Red Cask she asked with as much calmness as she could muster, "Excuse me, you wouldn't happen to have any books on botany, or alchemy, or the local flora and fauna, would you?" She questioned with a smile. 

• Brohoof 1

Shadowhide

@,

'I don't have much to put away. Don't bother yourself with helping.' Shadowhide was starting to get annoyed at how Dove is avoiding her question, but she did her best to hide it. Asking for clarification doesn't seem to work, so perhaps she'll try a different approach. She'll give Dove the answer she wants regarding roommates, then ask Dove to give the answer Shadowhide wants about what happened in the foyer. 'Initially, I believed my friend Aero Wind would stay with me, but he instead wanted to find a different roommate so he could befriend others that came with us. He suggested I do the same, but I dislike the idea of having a roommate I just met, and I've been allocated a room with a single bed, so I doubt I will have a roommate.' Shadowhide paused for a moment, then looked at Dove and said slightly more forcefully 'I just answered your question in detail. Now will you answer my question in detail? Your responses so far are short and vague. I'll repeat my question: What were you pondering about in the foyer to cause you to not notice me?'

---

Aero Wind

@@FirstPonySpectre,

Aero continued to listen intently to Bitter talk about her skills. It all sounds incredible! If Aero was given a bunch of herbs, he probably wouldn't be able to make anything with them. With every bit of enthusiasm as before, Aero said 'That's amazing. I know who to go to if I ever get sick! Although as far as I know I'm perfectly healthy right now.' Aero wanted to talk about these elixirs in more detail, and remembered reading something about a particular herb that could potentially help him. Asking about that is the perfect way to continue this conversation and maybe find something out that would be really helpful. 'Is there some sort of medicine you can make that can calm a pony's nerves? I think I remember hearing something about pink herbs being good at making medicine like that. Or was it red herbs? I can't remember. Anyway, I'm asking because my friend Shadowhide is incredibly scared of fire, which could be a big problem since lanterns and candles seem to be a common light source here. I'm wondering if it's possible to make something that would help Shadowhide keep calm near a fire.' Aero continued to talk and talk, seeming completely unaware that Bitter wants to read some of the books now.

@@SilverHeart, @@Golbez@@Gloomfury

Ever so slowly Scribblegroove went closer to the stage, quite uncertain of what to expect. There was a certain creepiness hanging in the air. He thought he heard strange whispers and muffled laughter. Even though Scribblegroove knew it was just an overreaction to the darkness, it still made him that much more hesitative. He hadn't a clue what the mare on the stage was doing, but it seemed that she wasn't exactly very deeply in thought or focused on what she was doing. But at the same time, he doubted she was waiting for something, and there was no real reason to just stand there doing nothing. "Oh come on now you're just being paranoid..." He shunned himself, and he shrugged off his unreasonable fears and coughed gently.

"Excuse me?" He said, with his voice loud enough for the mare on the stage to hear, but not strong enough to frighten her as he broke the silence and her concentration, or perhaps her daydream, whatever it was that kept her ignoring him so absentmindedly. He raised his hoof as a greeting "I..." He paused for a moment, even though he began the syllable quite confidently, it died off slowly. Thinking of what exactly he should say, he continued. "I'm a guest of Prince Blueblood's... Red Cask told me a magician would be practicing here at this hour. I reckon that's you?" A slight, comforting smile grew on his face, though he wasn't too sure about himself.

Just then he saw the two pairs of eyes up on the balcony. They were looking down at him, and he realised they were the ones who had been laughing and whispering. He frowned slightly as he glanced in their direction, but he decided to ignore them for now. But as soon as he looked away, he turned his head and looked again, this time squinting his eyes a little. Those were two strangely familliar sets of eyes... Yet so odd. And he thought he recognised their strange laughter as well. A slight feeling of fear grew on Scribblegroove, but as long as he remained in the light he felt safe enough. He shrugged his fears off yet again, but this time not as confidently as he was used to.

Emerald Gaze.

'The upper floors? Huh, standard fare I suppose. Everyone loves keeping their little secret, though I do wonder what little secrets Blueblood is keeping here?' Emerald briefly considered the implications.Though I'm more curious about what ties he might have with this old blood family...'

"Thank you, that is quite reassuring to know. I shall be sure to ask if I have need of anything else."

With that, she set about her mission. It was a grand library and Emerald had plenty of experiance in quickly tracking down information: she had no doubts that somewhere in this archive there must be some clue - however well hidden - to where this curious bloodline was from, why she didn't recognise it and how it linked to prince Blueblood. Moving around the room, she began scanning the shelves for anything than struck her as interesting or unusual - particually for titles that she didn't recognise or recall.

She had no intention of wandering off from under Red Cask's vigil - she was no amateur after all, and Blueblood was someone she would rather not rile up unnecessarily. Instead, she stored the knowledge or the manors forbidden areas away for just such an occasion that it might come in useful at a later date: possibly should the chance to explore without this... guard, presented itself.

Edited by Cinder

@@FortyTwo42,

Dove Marigold

"I was wondering whether I have forgotten to bring with me something important. I figured I should go check after I've made up with you and maybe treat you to a cup of tea, since I was on my way to acquire some snacks for my acquaintance anyway," Dove smiled, getting irritated at Shadow's consistent questions. Did she really have to know that badly? How could she have noticed and why in Equestria would she care? Unless Dove somehow messed up her act. She doubted she did - she would've remembered if that was the case.

"Sorry if I caused you to worry," Dove bowed, clenching her hooves as she did to mask her frustration. While she did, she also took advantage and looked behind her for other things she might be able to steal - maybe a saddlebag. She did spot one earlier while she was "pondering." She got up to make sure she didn't look too suspicious. There should be a saddlebag somewhere.. she could've sworn seeing this mare carrying a bag earlier.

Edited by Kaia

???????????? and ????????

The sound of Scribblegroove's voice caused the mare to jump into a standing position. The ball she had been playing with rolled away from her. "Stay away!" The mare shouted as she looked frantically around the room until her gaze finally settled onto you. Her voice was shaky and uncertain, even her shout was more timid than average. You notice that the whispers and laughing had stopped and the theater was deathly silent with only you and the mare staring at each other. Both pairs of eyes from the balcony were now watching the mare. "Just stay away from me, don't come any closer." The mare once again shouted at you. From the way she stood it looked like she was ready to attempt an escape the  

"It might be for the best if you don't get near her." said a clear and calm voice from the balcony. It was just loud enough to be at voice level, yet it carried a certain authority with it. The voice belonged to a mare, her accent was elegant and refined. Her speech rivaled that of the Canterlotian Nobility, but it was noticeably different. 

The sound of the mare's voice appeared to have been the breaking point for the magician, who had retreated somewhere offstage. "Yes, without her little paramour around poor Mirror seems to fall to pieces." Said the mare who had spoken earli-no it was a different voice. Nearly identical in all aspects but somehow you knew it was from a different pony. Somewhere backstage you hear a door slam close. Almost as if they were spirits, the two pairs of eyes moved forward over the balcony's railing and floated towards you. The closer they came to you the better you could see who the eyes belonged to. Both were pegasi or maybe they weren't.... Their fur was a dark grey that blended in perfectly with the darkness. Their eyes weren't normal, they were predatory, almost like the eye of a cat. The last thing you notice is that their have no feathers and appear leathery instead, just like a bat's wing. Perhaps the most noticeable thing about them, beside their looks, would be the matching amethyst amulet they're both wearing. The amethyst in the center is about the size of a hoof, it's easily the largest gemstone you've ever seen.

"You must be one of the guests, I'm Lapis and this is Gemma. We are the Stewardesses of House Bloodwell. It's a pleasure to meet you."

A familiar looking earth pony stallion is walking down the street while carrying a number of bags and suitcases. Whether it's because of the sheer weight or he's trying to maintain the balance. His head is low to the ground and it sounds like he's mumbling something. As he gets closer to you he looks up and makes eye contact, only to break it a second or two later. It seems like he just wants to shuffle pass you without having to stop.

RED CASK

@@FirstPonySpectre

Red Cask looked down at Bittersweet, his gaze studied her for several seconds, finally he briefly looked at her cutie mark. "Very well, we were blessed to have some notable alchemists residing here in the past. They left much of their work behind. Go to  the outer wall, find the second window from the left, turn directly around and then straight forward until you're directly in front of a book case. On that book case will be their notes on the local flora and some of their basic notes on alchemy."

When you arrive at the book case you will find shelves of books based on alchemy and medicine, with notes discussing the local flora and fauna. One book even details what's in the menagerie.

@

As you wander the library searching through the rows upon rows of books you eventually find a book case that seems to have the kind of records that you're looking for. There are at least three books that you find might be useful. The first is a book that seems to discuss the early founding of Bloodwell and the family behind it. The second is a book that discusses the genealogical tree of the Bloodwell family. The third and final book stands out from everything you had seen so far. It looks like someone had tried to set fire to it but someone else had put it out before the book was lost. The book is burnt and the pages are flimsy. Half of it is missing but what's there seems to detail the accomplishments of the Bloodwell family .

((OOC: If you're waiting for a player instead of Wagon Wheel, just ignore him. To everyone else sorry these are short, I just couldn't think of anything to post.))

• Brohoof 1