Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bloodlines (S.O.L./Horror Mystery) [reboot]

Midnight Scribbler

Cherry Bomb

@@Gloomfury, @SilverHeart, @Scribblegroove, @Midnight Scribbler

With both mares in agreement that they needed to clean up hastily Cherry lead the way off the stage and right out of the theatre.

"I just don't understand, how could this have happened?" A little distressed, Cherry checked over her shoulder to see that Mirror was still following her, she would have flown to the hotel if she was by herself but instead resorted to a hastened trot so not to leave Mirror behind.

As they came down the street towards the hotel Cherry spotted both Belle and Scribble Groove who were, presumably, also their way to the hotel.

Upon looking at Scribble, Cherry stopped in her tracks abruptly as a thought hit her,"Waaaait a minute, Scribble was poorly when we were on the coach...and then I..*GASP!!!*

Cherry brought a hoof to her muzzle as she gasped loudly, a flashback came to her head as she remembered hugging the sick colt, she stamped her hoof angrily as she turned to Mirror,"IT WAS HIM!! SNOTTY MC' BOOGERS DID THIS TO ME!!"

Perhaps indeed overreacting a tad, cherry pointed a hoof directly at Scribble groove.

Poppy Seed

@@SilverHeart@,

As much as Poppy figured it wasn't her business to interfere, she felt it best to interrupt the shouting match before it went to far. She sharply and loudly knocked on the counter, immediately checking to see if she damaged anything. She didn't want any of these ponies sending her a bill for damages, especially not on a slow work week if she runs short on bits. "Oi! Anypony working today?"

What they mentioned seemed a little interesting, though. They were saying that somepony was trouble and this 'Rosewood' was friendly with him. She thought about it for a moment before simply brushing it off as ponies just not getting along. But there was something...odd about the way they were talking about it.

• Brohoof 1

@@Windbreaker,

Dove Marigold

"Ooh, this is thrilling!" Dove whispered, following after Poppy. She merely thought that they were going to listen in on what the two ponies were saying. She didn't think that Poppy would actually interrupt them. "Poppy, was that really the smartest thing you could think of?" she asked, but she quickly realized the tone she said it in sounded rather mean, so she decided to slump down behind the counter. Was she almost caught? Dove was thinking of escaping but that would've made her look even worse. She decided to just stay there and look insane while she looked around frantically.

Poppy Seed

@

"Beg your pardon?" Poppy asked, barest hints of anger showing in her tone in response to Dove's tone. "I wanted to be served. This is a cafe, it's their jobs and if it turns out that they're on a break, we just leave and no harm done. At what point was my logic in any way faulty?"

Once she noticed Dove looked like she was panicking, Poppy's tone and expression softened. "Sweetie, it's ok. I didn't mean to upset you. I was just irritated. Come on. Calm down, sweetie." She wasn't sure if this was helping Dove in any way, but she had to try at least. After all, she had to share a room with this mare.

Edited by Windbreaker

@@Windbreaker

@

"Oh for the Moon's sake. What do they want now?" The stallion sighed, "Can you go see what they want? I have to keep cooking if we dont want to get in trouble with Mr. Cask."

You don't really hear much of anything in way of a verbal response from the mare. It's not long before you can hear her hoofsteps approaching the counter.

"Yeah, what is it?" A Pegasus mare walks through a pair of half-doors that swivel outward. She's a little tall with an athletic build. Even though her muscles are well-developed they don't detract too much from her looks. Her coat is a faint red while her mane and tail are an equally light pink. Her mane is of a medium length and rather messy. you can't get a good look of her tail or cutie mark from behind the counter.

"Oh buck me in the ass..." Rosewood mutters once she gets a look at Poppy Seed. Its well hidden but there's a barely noticeable blush on her face. "I um...I'm Rosewood. I really hope you haven't been standing here too long..." The mare lifts a powder-covered hoof up to rub the back of her head while she nervously smiles at you. "Is there something I can help you with Mrs...?"

It seems that a Rosewood hasn't seen Dove yet.

@FortyTwo42

Belinda

Belinda actually snorted at the question. "Tch... I don't see how I could. Forced to be around all these other ponies, going to functions or whatever." She turned to Shadow. "And really, why would we be forced to come on this vacation? Seems a bit suspicious."

Reaching a corner, she looked around and saw the cafe. She turned towards it without checking to see if Shadow was following.

Poppy Seed

@@SilverHeart

"It's Ms., actually. Ms. Poppy Seed. Sorry about interrupting and harsh tone, but I was just wondering if I could get..." Poppy paused as she got a look at Rosewood. The athletic build, the beautiful colours, and the beautifully defined muscles. It took a moment for Poppy to stop staring and finish speaking, clearing her throat to distract herself from Rosewood's looks. "Ahem...sorry about that. I, uh, I was wondering if I could get some scones and green tea."

Poppy mentally berated herself for not maintaining her composure. Even on holiday, she still felt the need to look professional. Still, she didn't normally go for mares, but if she were looking for that kind of thing, Rosewood was definitely tempting.

Shadowhide

@@Evilshy,

That was exactly the kind of answer Shadowhide wanted to hear. Apart from Aero, Belinda is now the pony Shadowhide has the most trust in. But before they continue to talk about what's wrong with the vacation, Shadowhide thinks it's best to tell Belinda exactly what she thinks. 'I can't recall if I told you, but I'm not fond of this vacation and regard it as suspicious too. Forcing ponies to have fun in a particular manner is ineffective, so I doubt that's the real reason we're here. I'm certain there's a hidden ulterior motive behind it. If it was simply for everypony to have fun, then there would be no need to threaten ponies to attend.'

Once they turned the next corner, they had reached the cafe. Shadowhide noticed Belinda wasn't checking to see if she was still there. She'd just been looking at Shadowhide when she was speaking to her. Perhaps Belinda was hoping she would get left behind? Shadowhide started to wonder if Belinda was actually interested in their conversation, or if Belinda just wanted Shadowhide to leave her alone like she always did.

@@SilverHeart, @, @@Windbreaker,

When they arrived, Shadowhide saw Poppy and Dove standing at the counter, and a red pegasus she doesn't know behind the counter. It sounds like they just ended an argument. A shame; overhearing arguments can often lead to good information, which she has just missed out on. It was a surprise to find Dove here. Earlier, they had agreed to go to the cafe for tea sometime, but hadn't decided on a set time as she assumed they would choose to go together from the hotel later. Still, this chance meeting is very convenient, since they can fulfill that arrangement now. Shadowhide joined the queue behind her. 'Hello, Dove.'

---

Aero Wind

@@Midnight Scribbler,

Aero inspected the map Sunset held out to everypony. 'Why don't we just go to the hotel first?' He adjusted his gaze to meet the eyes of everypony else. 'Most of us just borrowed some books, so I think it's a good idea to stop by the hotel quickly so we can leave our books there. It's probably best we don't just carry them all around town.'

• Brohoof 1

@@Windbreaker, @@FortyTwo42,

Dove Marigold

"Ah, Ms. Shadow..! What a surprise to see you here!" Dove answered, somewhat strained. She didn't feel reassured at all before by Poppy's words, since she doesn't normally say things like that so easily unless she did it on purpose. "I'm sorry, it must've slipped my mind that I was joining my friend Poppy here for a snack.. would you like to join us?" Dove asked, hoping her answer would be no - she really had worse things to worry about.

Edited by Kaia

@@SilverHeart,
@,

@@FortyTwo42,
@@FirstPonySpectre,

Sunset Glow

Sunset glanced down at the map, then back to Aero. He was right, she thought, but also considered what might be on Emerald's mind. She glanced back to Emerald, and asked "I suppose Aero has a point, what do you think? Get settled then explore?" She smiled "I can leave the candle in your room while we're there." She then looked around, spotting the shy mare, Bittersweet, who'd been very quiet. Sunset thought she would try to include her in plan making as well, hoping it might help her get more comfortable with the group. "Hey, Bittersweet, what would you like to do?" She asked, not having overheard where she wanted to go, back at the Library. She only knew that Bitter had opted to return to town, so perhaps she had some plan in mind.

@@Scribblegroove,

Bell couldn't help but blush from the compliments the stallion was giving her. They only ponies who would call her voice and face pretty were her family. She gave the stallion a small smile as she left her head back up. "Merci beaucoup, monsieur. No one has  payed me such compliments before. And oui. I have received therapy when I was younger and just started dea-" Her face twitched." Dealing with it. Now it's a little easier to handle now that I have my medication. It makes them happen less frequently."

Her face twitched again when she finished speaking. "By they way, monsieur. I cont recall getting your name. I am Belle, just encase you didn't get mine." She gave a little giggle.

Rosewood

@, @@Windbreaker,

Rosewood smiled in response to Poppy's gaze. "Oh! Well Miss Poppy, my apologies. I'd be ever so appreciative if you didn't repeat anything you might have heard, especially to the other staff. It could land me in some potential trouble if a certain two individuals hear about it. Gossip has a way of spreading quickly here, you see. In fact I'd even consider myself indebted to you. And I always pay back my debts." 

@@Windbreaker

Her eyes wander from yours and briefly glance at your flank. Once her eyes meet yours, you can faintly see a light blush on her cheeks.

"Just something to keep in mind. Now what can I do for you and your...friend?" The way she finished her sentence it sounds like she might have been asking more than one question.

@@Evilshy@@FortyTwo42,

The cafe you've entered is well-lit by five large windows. There are three unlit lanterns hanging from the ceiling. There are several tables evenly spread around a hearth. Each table has several pillows laid around it. Just like with the hotel the furniture looks brand new when compared to the wooden walls of the building.

From the entrance you can see Dove Merigold, Poppy Seed and a very fit, red mare with a light pink mane standing behind a counter. You can see that she's a pegasus but can't see her cutie mark from so far away.The mare waves at you as you walk in but otherwise doesn't greet you since she's busy dealing with Poppy and Dove.

Poppy Seed

@@SilverHeart

Poppy grinned and raised an eyebrow at Rosewood, watching where her eyes were going. "Wouldn't dream of telling a soul. If you're free later, we could meet up somewhere and get to know each other a little better. For now, just some tea and scones, please." She said, glancing back at the ponies behind her and starting to count out bits.

Rosewood seemed like a nice pony and what she'd said could probably land her in trouble. Not a desirable goal for a holiday unless you're a politician, which Poppy wasn't. Besides, it could be fun to hang around Rosewood and see where this debt/offer takes her. She had a suspicion, but not much to go off of aside from Rosewood's gaze. Not much of a reason to go planning things.

Shadowhide

@, @@Evilshy,

Shadowhide nodded at Dove's offer and replied 'Certainly. I'll join you.' Shortly after saying that, Shadowhide realized she was just about to bring Belinda, a very antisocial pony, into a group of three, so to avoid forcing her into that situation which she'd probably hate, Shadowhide turned to her and asked 'Do you want to join them too?' Knowing Belinda, she's probably going to say no.

Shadowhide looked to the front of the queue where Poppy was giving her order to the red pegasus. From the few words Shadowhide could overhear, it seemed like they knew each other. Either that, or they're just hitting on each other. But it's probably not very useful information either way.

Edited by FortyTwo42

[color=#

"Sure, I think I would like that." Rosewood replied with a wink, "Though I'm afraid we only have Barley Tea. Is that fine?"

Rosewood watched as Poppy counted out the bits for the meal. "They uh..did tell you that all expenses are covered by the Prince, right? that covers food and most other things, excluding Knick Knacks 'works of art.'"

Rose looked back behind her at the kitchen. "I'll get you your tea and scones in a moment. Rye's gonna get mad if I spend too long with one customer. Sorry...." Rosewood said as she signaled for the next pony to come order their food.

Edited by SilverHeart

@@Gloomfury

@@SilverHeart

@@Golbez

As Belle told some more about herself, he couldn't help but think of an old acquaintance of his that was quite like her. The strange condition aside of course, he remembered her having the same exotic accent as Belle, and to be quite shy. He couldn't think of the name, and after a moment he realized it was pointless, but it bothered him nonetheless. Belle seemed to be popping out of her shell a little now, something he was quite happy about. He had always enjoyed the idea of him helping others to express themselves. Then, to his embarassment, Belle reminded him that he hadn't properly introduced himself yet. "Oh dear, my apologies. How inappropriate. My name is Scribblegroove. I believe I picked up your name when we were speaking with Gemma and her sister." Scribblegroove paused for a moment. He couldn't remember what the second sisters name was, but he knew it had something to do with gemstones. Again, he shrugged it off, but it did bother him that his memory was failing him like this. It was probably due to his sickness and lightheadedness which were slowly returning.

Quite rudely and abruptly, he was reminded of his sickness even more, this time in the form of Cherry yelling at him in an accusing tone. He couldn't exactly make out what she was saying, but he could guess. "Uh-oh..." He said beneath his breath. He walked up to Cherry feeling like he was willingly walking up to the gallows, and tried to look as apologetic as possible. "I'm terribly sorry it was an accident, and you were so full of energy that in your excitement you failed to notice the... well, my mucus dangling in your mane, as well as several ponies trying to point it out to you." He sniffed, clearing his runny nose for now, and continued. "You must forgive me, you jumped in and hugged me so suddendly, I didn't know what to do." With a slight smirk, he added: "You were lucky that I didn't sneeze and cough all over you in surprise..."

Then he noticed Mirror standing behind Cherry. Interested, he stepped back a little and smiled at her, but he decided against saying anything. Their first meeting hadn't exactly been great, so he suppoed it would be best to leave her alone for now. Immediately he looked back at Cherry and assumed his sorrowful face again. "How about we go to the hotel, then you can clean up and I might be able to get some more medicine from Bittersweet. From what little she's given me already I can guess that she can work wonders when she can actually take the time."

@@FortyTwo42,

Dove Marigold

"You would? That'd be great!" Dove chirped, masking her irritation with a smile. "..Ah, what brings you here? I figured you'd be busy.." she questioned curiously, bringing a hoof to her own muzzle. Finally notcing what was panning out behind her, Dove decided to back away a bit from Poppy and.. whoever that mare was. She seemed annoying - maybe she could lecture Poppy about it once they were back in their dorm.

Poppy Seed

@@SilverHeart

"Barley tea is fine." Poppy said, though she stopped at Rosewood's question. "So when Prince Blueblood said all expenses paid, he meant it literally? Wow."

When Rosewood gestured for another customer to come forward, Poppy shrugged. She was disappointed, but having a similar job herself, she could understand Rosewood's situation. "Guess I'll talk to you some later. Cheers, Ms Rosewood."

She turned to see that Dove was busy talking to somepony else, shrugged again and took a seat about halfway between the counter and the door. Far enough away that she couldn't be seen as some kind of stalker, but close enough to admire Rosewood's looks.

Emerald Gaze.

Emerald thought for a moment: it would be best to explore the hotel a little and get a feeling for the place that she would be staying. There was something that she wasnt being told about this place, and if finding out meant breaking the (more than a little suspicious, given recent findings) curfew, then she would want to know how best to remain out of sight of a certain Mr. Cask.

Her room in particular was suspect - though that was nothing new. Every room that she was invited to stay in was suspicious until proven otherwise.

"Certainly dear. It's just dawned on me that we have not actually seen the rooms that we are staying in - I would like to settle in, maybe inspect the hotel a little and see to my belongings for a moment... It would be nice if we knew where everyone's rooms were situated as well - I'd feel so embarassed if I knocked at a door and somebody unexepcted answered, especially if I woke them!" Pausing suddenly with a look of slight embarassment, she tittered a little And shook her head with an awkward smile. "Ahem, yes that sounds like and excellent plan dear. Shall we?"

Edited by Cinder

@@Gloomfury

@@SilverHeart

@@Golbez

As Belle told some more about herself, he couldn't help but think of an old acquaintance of his that was quite like her. The strange condition aside of course, he remembered her having the same exotic accent as Belle, and to be quite shy. He couldn't think of the name, and after a moment he realized it was pointless, but it bothered him nonetheless. Belle seemed to be popping out of her shell a little now, something he was quite happy about. He had always enjoyed the idea of him helping others to express themselves. Then, to his embarassment, Belle reminded him that he hadn't properly introduced himself yet. "Oh dear, my apologies. How inappropriate. My name is Scribblegroove. I believe I picked up your name when we were speaking with Gemma and her sister." Scribblegroove paused for a moment. He couldn't remember what the second sisters name was, but he knew it had something to do with gemstones. Again, he shrugged it off, but it did bother him that his memory was failing him like this. It was probably due to his sickness and lightheadedness which were slowly returning.

Quite rudely and abruptly, he was reminded of his sickness even more, this time in the form of Cherry yelling at him in an accusing tone. He couldn't exactly make out what she was saying, but he could guess. "Uh-oh..." He said beneath his breath. He walked up to Cherry feeling like he was willingly walking up to the gallows, and tried to look as apologetic as possible. "I'm terribly sorry it was an accident, and you were so full of energy that in your excitement you failed to notice the... well, my mucus dangling in your mane, as well as several ponies trying to point it out to you." He sniffed, clearing his runny nose for now, and continued. "You must forgive me, you jumped in and hugged me so suddendly, I didn't know what to do." With a slight smirk, he added: "You were lucky that I didn't sneeze and cough all over you in surprise..."

Then he noticed Mirror standing behind Cherry. Interested, he stepped back a little and smiled at her, but he decided against saying anything. Their first meeting hadn't exactly been great, so he suppoed it would be best to leave her alone for now. Immediately he looked back at Cherry and assumed his sorrowful face again. "How about we go to the hotel, then you can clean up and I might be able to get some more medicine from Bittersweet. From what little she's given me already I can guess that she can work wonders when she can actually take the time."

It had been very dark in the theater and Mirror hadn't gotten a good look at Scribblegroove. In fact she wasn't even aware this was the same pony. The fact that he hadn't attempted to talk to her was fine with her. She hadn't appreciated the way he shifted the blame entirely onto Cherry. "You still could have told her. It's more

Embarrassing that she walked through the town with your snot in her mane than it would have been to tell her. Let's just go to the hotel Cherry." Mirror said walking past the both of them.

She stopped in front of Belle, it didn't seem right to just ignore her but at the same time there really wasn't anything to say after the altercation with Scribblegroove. Instead of introducing herself she just muttered an apology before continuing towards the hotel.

Cherry Bomb

@@Gloomfury, @SilverHeart, @Scribblegroove, @Midnight Scribbler

Cherry wasn't at all happy with the suck colt standing before him, but she allowed him to explain himself, looking at him with an annoyed look on her face and her cheeks pouting slightly.

She wanted to counter his arguement, but Mirror beat her too it stating what she couldn't have out better herself...except with more shouting involved.

As Mirror walked past them both Cherry followed suit with a simple justified "Hmmph!" , tossing her mane back as she quickly followed Mirror.

It would seem it would take more than a simple apology to make up for this.

Approaching Belle in passing, Cherry completely changed her facial expression from grim to pleasant almost instantly as she beamed at the mare,"Hey Belle, if you have a moment, I'd like to get to know you a little better, come find me whenever you can." She giggled at Belle as she walked past her and into the hotel.

Within the lobby Cherry took the lead as she trotted ahead if Mirror up to the front desk, Cherry jumped at the desk and landed right in front of it as all four hooves stamped on the ground, half-expecting Cinamon Song be asleep at her desk.

*THUD*

"Hiiiiiii, Cinamooooooon!" She sang, looking at the mare in a highly manner.

@@SilverHeart,
@,

@@FortyTwo42,

@@FirstPonySpectre,
((Going to advance things along a little, so we're not sitting in one place too long.))

Sunset Glow

Sunset smiled, noting Emerald seemed somewhat embarrassed, though she wasn't sure why. She felt as though paying it no mind would help detract attention from whatever it was that made her uncomfortable. Folding the map, looked about, locating the path they'd need to take, the one she knew would lead them to the hotel the fastest. "Well alright then, let's go get ourselves moved in, and unpack." She said, placing the folded map back into her bag. "I believe the quickest route is this way." She began to trot in the direction she'd indicated, making sure to keep a slower pace until the others caught up. Wandering along, Sunset gazed about the buildings, wondering about their history. She spoke openly to the group, as they walked up the deserted street. "I'm curious to know.. Why this town is so.. abandoned looking. I was expecting to see a resort, and.. well, not that this isn't a nice little town. I suppose, it's just not what I'd expect for a royal retreat." She paused, glancing at the others. "I mean, doesn't it seem sort of strange?" Sunset asked, wondering if anyone else had the same strange feeling about the place that she had.

As the party makes their way, rounding the first left, the bank can be seen on the right. It's a grandiose old structure, a classic bank, complete with roman style pillars and masonry. A large engraving of a scale is set into the stone above the doorway. Further along, around the next right bend, the group makes it's way along the southern side of a small garden in the midst of the town. From here, the Hotel becomes visible. As you near it, you begin to pass by the cafe, where a number of your fellow travelers are visible through the large cafe windows.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@,
@@Evilshy,
@@Windbreaker,

You might notice Emerald, Sunset, Aero Wind and Bittersweet outside the windows of the cafe, making their way back to the hotel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@@Golbez,

As Cherry Stomps into the hotel lobby, she's met with silence. It seems Cinnamon Song isn't where she'd thought, in fact, she's nowhere to be seen.

Emerald Gaze.

"I wouldn't fret too much dear - certainly it is a curious little place, but royalty tend to think of places such as this as more... ahem, more 'refined'. She gave a wry smile. "In any case, I'm certain that you will grow accustomed to it in a day or two: once we settle in a little."

She continued to walk slowly - peering at the bank curiously. It seemed a little of of place - most classical buildings like it tended to be preserved in much larger cities, alongside those heavyly influenced by Pegasus history. She hadn't noticed any other signs of Pegasus culture in the architecture here so far.

'Would such a small town even need a bank?'

"I don't know about yourself, but I feel so much like a stranger here... It's hard to explain, it's not a feeling I'm accustomed to."

• Brohoof 1

Shadowhide

@@Evilshy, @, @@Windbreaker,

While waiting, Shadowhide glanced out the window of the cafe, and noticed several ponies walking toward the hotel. Normally she wouldn't be interested in this, but one of the ponies she saw was Aero. If he's going to the hotel, then Shadowhide will have to go back there too so she can give his bags which she has been holding onto back to him. But there was something else Shadowhide noticed out the window too. When Aero walked past, she saw him walking with and talking to Emerald. 'So, Aero befriends the one pony I suspect so far...'

Shadowhide turned to everypony else in the cafe with her. 'I must leave now. Aero is heading to the hotel, and I must be there to return his belongings to him. My apologies, but I can't have tea with you now. Perhaps tomorrow?'

---

Aero Wind

@@Midnight Scribbler, @@FirstPonySpectre, @,

Aero followed everypony as they walked to the hotel. In response to Sunset's question, he answered 'I just thought it was meant to be like that. Resorts can have a theme, right? It seems like this resort's theme is old, half-abandoned town to give it a sort of antique feel. Maybe this Blueblood likes old stuff?' It was definitely a nice place he was enjoying so far, but he hasn't seen much of the town yet except from the library.

Emerald's remark about feeling like a stranger got Aero thinking. It did feel odd, but Aero thought he had an explanation for it. 'This is a small town with few ponies in it. Chances are everypony who lives here knows each other well, so we would seem much more like a stranger to these ponies than anypony else here.'

Aero's eyes lit up as he suddenly remembered something. 'Oh, now that we're going back to the hotel, I've got to ask you again: Do any of you want to be my roommate now?'

• Brohoof 1

@, @@Windbreaker,

Dove Marigold

"I was afraid you'd say that.." Dove said with a strained smile, waving her hoof. "Perhaps I could treat you tomorrow to make up for it. I didn't realize we were both so terribly busy. Well, nevertheless, it was nice meeting you, Miss Shadow!" she said, trotting away and sitting with Poppy to escape the awkward goodbye. Dove was obviously not in the mood to talk after encountering Shadow here, so she just looked out the window as Poppy swooned over Rosewood.

• Brohoof 1