Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Monster Hunter Club

Panne

No! This doesn't exist does it? Could it be..?

Hah! Consider me joined!

Anyway, i've been bowgunning since 2008. Heavy blowgun is my forte though. Gotta love the gunner's life. You're doomed if you're missing the evasion skill! Mh4u is going pretty well. Currently working towards my golden crown.

• Brohoof 2

So I drew this for some reason.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's a masterpiece :)

You're not a hunter if you hunt with armor on! True hunters hunt in nothing but shirts and pants!

No! This doesn't exist does it? Could it be..?

Hah! Consider me joined!

Anyway, i've been bowgunning since 2008. Heavy blowgun is my forte though. Gotta love the gunner's life. You're doomed if you're missing the evasion skill! Mh4u is going pretty well. Currently working towards my golden crown.

I don't know why I forgot to tell you about this place when we were talking about Monster Hunter before. My bad! :please:

So, you love gunning with the Heavy Bowgun? I don't feel I'm particularly attached to gunning in general, but I do use the Bow a lot. The Bowguns don't really interest me though. I think it just feels better when you have to charge up each shot before firing. Also, I may be a bit biased because the bow is my second favourite weapon in general (first favourite being the sword). And who doesn't love firing arrows the size of spears at giant monsters?

Anyway, if I ever do decide to pick up Bowguns, I'll most likely go with Light Bowguns. Mainly because, as I explained before, I love agile, evasive playstyles so I want the more mobile weapon, even if it is slightly weaker in power. Also, I've heard the Light Bowgun is considered the best weapon for inflicting status effects out of everything, and I like dipping into more supportive roles sometimes, so that's another point in the Light Bowgun's favor for me. But this doesn't really matter that much, since there's a lot of Blademaster weapons I'm interested in learning first.

I've recently made a Brachydios Hunting Horn and a Brachydios Switch Axe, as general-purpose weapons I can use for practice against most monsters out there. I'm putting off learning Insect Glaives until G-rank though, since the unique way the Kinsect is upgraded makes me worried that if I use it as I go along, I might make a mistake upgrading the Kinsect and need to make the weapon over again, wasting all the parts I used making it. I want to make my Insect Glaives in one go so if I do make a mistake, I can just reset and not lose everything.

By the way, is anyone else experiencing a constant severe lack of funds? I probably have about 10 weapons or so I want to make and have the materials to make all of them, but I don't have enough money to make any of them. And by the time I get enough money to make one of them, I've also gathered enough materials to add two more weapons to the waiting list! I inadvertently ended up getting to HR4 a little while ago simply because I was doing any quest I haven't done for more money!

• Brohoof 2

I'm trying to practice with the Insect Glaive...I still need some more practice but I can see it can be pretty powerful once I get better.

Yeah, it's a good weapon to master, deadly with proper teamwork. I see people vaultin' like its nobody's business all the time. Way to risky for me, though the amounts of openings these people give us incredible!

And plus, there's a +10 mounting charm you get further along the story. A good tool for anyone keen in mastering this weapon.

It's a masterpiece :)

You're not a hunter if you hunt with armor on! True hunters hunt in nothing but shirts and pants!

By the way, is anyone else experiencing a constant severe lack of funds? I probably have about 10 weapons or so I want to make and have the materials to make all of them, but I don't have enough money to make any of them. And by the time I get enough money to make one of them, I've also gathered enough materials to add two more weapons to the waiting list! I inadvertently ended up getting to HR4 a little while ago simply because I was doing any quest I haven't done for more money!

As a general rule of thumb, I like to keep 30 of each monster material and ore. I'll just sell that crap I don't need, and by the end of a quest if I've got 30 or more, I just don't send it to box. I've NEVER had money problems operating that way and have amassed more than 1mil in funds.

Yeah, but you're going to have to not just rely on quest rewards if you're interested in earning some serious dough.

• Brohoof 1

Just getting though the final 6 star quests before I jump to 7 star.

Need to farm S magala for charge blade parts and then I need to farm Brachydios for his. 

Then I need high rank armours. 

Meet need to join hunting parties for those. 

• Brohoof 1

Been playing some 3U lately, beat some quests I was putting off and I've built pretty much every set I need, all I really got left to do is get to HR 70 so I can fight Abyssal Lagiacrus, woot. Almost there, I think... only have 3DS tho so it's slow going soloing I suppose. :wacko:

Should be able to get 4U next week then. Been playing the demo some as well in the meantime to git gud with the Charge Blade, amazing weapon. Like the Glaive too, but I like the power of blowing phial loads in monster's faces moar. :please:

• Brohoof 1

Need to farm S magala for charge blade parts and then I need to farm Brachydios for his. 

I actually need to farm Brachydios too for his gem, I don't mind hunting with you, it's up to you...:)

I actually need to farm Brachydios too for his gem, I don't mind hunting with you, it's up to you... :)

If you're hunting Brachydios, I want to join too! I love Brachydios weapons, so I'm going to need to hunt a ton of high rank Brachydios to continue upgrading all of those weapons. However, I haven't unlocked him online either, so that could be a problem.

I always get rare stuff when I'm not looking for them, but as soon as I need them, nope, never get them.

In my recent quest to get 3 Rathalos tails to upgrade one of my Long Swords, two of my tail carves gave me Rathalos Plates. Which meant I had to hunt five of them instead of three, since I was looking for tails, not plates. If you don't need something, you'll get it!

• Brohoof 1

I always get rare stuff when I'm not looking for them, but as soon as I need them, nope, never get them.

I played MH3U for over a year trying to get 2 Rathian Plates... I got 3 in my first MH4U hunt when I didn't need them...

(edited)

So, my zinogre armor dude arrived today.

I have no idea what im doing with this thing. How do I pose it? Why are there five pairs of hands? What is this orange box? I am so confused.

Breath.

Step 1 did it come with a stand?

img-3589154-1-tumblr_nlh12cgugz1syddaqo4img-3589154-2-tumblr_nlh12cgugz1syddaqo5

If yes there should be a small hole in the back of your figure in which to put the stand into. If no spread the legs and try and find balance and don't put it some where that will shake. If you want a stand try buying one of these:

img-3589154-3-10pcs-Lot-Free-shipping-Fa

The just latch onto the figure and work relativley well.

Step 2: Little Box

img-3589154-4-tumblr_nlh12cgugz1syddaqo3img-3589154-5-tumblr_nlh1219u561syddaqo1img-3589154-6-tumblr_nlh12cgugz1syddaqo2img-3589154-7-tumblr_nlh12cgugz1syddaqo1

The orange box helps hold the small little parts of your figure so they don't break or get lost.

Some figures have a hand board that you can interchange off of:

tumblr_nlh10u6psz1syddaqo10_1280.jpg

Some hands aren't on the baord so those can be put in the box.

Posing is the fun part.

The figure is made of round elbow joints. They can bend in the direction of the joints regularly, but can also be turned so the elbow bends a different direction. and I can't post any more images because post merger won't let me....

Edited by Panne
  • Brohoof 1

Breath.

Step 1 did it come with a stand?

img-3589154-1-tumblr_nlh12cgugz1syddaqo4img-3589154-2-tumblr_nlh12cgugz1syddaqo5

If yes there should be a small hole in the back of your figure in which to put the stand into. If no spread the legs and try and find balance and don't put it some where that will shake. If you want a stand try buying one of these:

img-3589154-3-10pcs-Lot-Free-shipping-Fa

The just latch onto the figure and work relativley well.

Step 2: Little Box

img-3589154-4-tumblr_nlh12cgugz1syddaqo3img-3589154-5-tumblr_nlh1219u561syddaqo1img-3589154-6-tumblr_nlh12cgugz1syddaqo2img-3589154-7-tumblr_nlh12cgugz1syddaqo1

The orange box helps hold the small little parts of your figure so they don't break or get lost.

Some figures have a hand board that you can interchange off of:

img-3589154-8-tumblr_nlh10u6psz1syddaqo1

Some hands aren't on the baord so those can be put in the box.

Posing is the fun part.

The figure is made of round elbow joints. They can bend in the direction of the joints regularly, but can also be turned so the elbow bends a different direction. and I can't post any more images because post merger won't let me....

Olay, so we've got this butt plug stand that acts as a sort of third leg on his back, but there appear to be three more parts to it that I cannot figure out how to integrate. One is an awkward V with two nubs on it, one is a rounded obtuse angle, and the third is like an I-beam that got compressed and then bent at the top.

Today, I hunted a Zinogre with the Hunting Horn. I had chosen a stupid time to do an encore, and was wildly swinging it around unable to dodge while the Zinogre was about to stomp me. But it didn't get to stomp me, because before it could it ran into me while I was swinging the horn around, and that hit killed it. That definitely made me feel awesome! It felt like I was wordlessly saying 'this song will be your last' to the Zinogre. Although I probably shouldn't make a habit of using encores like this.

So far I am really liking the Hunting Horn. The only thing I don't like about it are that its attacks feel a bit slow for me. But I got used to the Dual Blades' tiny range, so I'm sure I can get used to the Hunting Horn's slow attacks. I also need to learn to pick better times to play songs, since most of the times I'm getting hit is when I'm getting too greedy with the recitals. Those monsters must not like my music!

• Brohoof 1

Olay, so we've got this butt plug stand that acts as a sort of third leg on his back, but there appear to be three more parts to it that I cannot figure out how to integrate. One is an awkward V with two nubs on it, one is a rounded obtuse angle, and the third is like an I-beam that got compressed and then bent at the top.

Do you have pics? Are the clear or do the look like inerchangable parts for the figure and its items?

• Brohoof 1

Do you have pics? Are the clear or do the look like inerchangable parts for the figure and its items?

I cannot post pictures because my ipod is wierd and does not have an option to attatch photos. Also, yes, they are all transparent.

Was able to get 4 Ultimate today actually, woot. :yay:

Any monster not in 3U should be new to me, so looking forward to that. Hope the farm or whatever unlocks fairly early tho, been doing way too much gathering... ah to be a noob again(well not really, but whatever). :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I cannot post pictures because my ipod is wierd and does not have an option to attatch photos. Also, yes, they are all transparent.

Are there instructions? If it's in Japanese look for pictures they usually explain a lot. Either that or look up an unboxing on YouTube. Edited by Panne
  • Brohoof 1