Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Monster Hunter Club

Panne

Alrighty then guys. I'd like to see a show of hands for who'd like to participate in this Mh4u PM. There's a few of you who've already nodded confirmation, and well, I don't see it happening unless I make it a proper thing in motion. Here, we'll basically discuss times we're online and arrange gathering hall meetings. I'll also put my 3DS friend code there, and I expect you guys to do so too.

I just see it as a great opportunity for us on the forum to come together to hunt instead of just talking about it! As some others so kindly pointed out before, it does save interrupting the flow of conversation and a whole heap of unnecessary posting.

Yeah, so just give a shout if you want in!

I'm in!

Sounds like a great idea :)

• Brohoof 1

I hunt about 40 Zinogres and get 1 Zinogre Jasper. I hunt 2 Stygian Zinogres and get 3 Zinogre Umbrages. What's up with that? I do need both of them, so the Desire Sensor should be messing up my chances of getting the Zinogre Umbrages like it is with the Zinogre Jaspers.

• Brohoof 1

I hunt about 40 Zinogres and get 1 Zinogre Jasper. I hunt 2 Stygian Zinogres and get 3 Zinogre Umbrages. What's up with that? I do need both of them, so the Desire Sensor should be messing up my chances of getting the Zinogre Umbrages like it is with the Zinogre Jaspers.

b31fe2a745f15d4e3b5e4973e5659a6540cfd867

Welcome to monster hunter!!!!!

• Brohoof 2

Reached caravan High Rank in 4U, Low Rank was actually really fun and full of variety yet extremely easy, so I'm definitely ready for a step up. :P

Also, wtf is up with Kirin... how is an electric pony an Elder Dragon? :lol:

Oh, why did it have to come to this? Oh hi! How's everyone doing here? I'm doing good on some quests and got myself a full Rath Soul set. I'm not bragging but I'm just telling everypony my progress.

But now there this one thing I must do and I'm SO not looking forward to it. I like to ask, remember that I mentioned that big, lizard monster that was feared the most by hunters? Yeah...I've been given a quest to hunt that monster down.

The monster I need to hunt down...is a Frenzied Deviljho, the most feared monster back then. *gulp* Not gonna lie, this was my reaction when I heard this quest I must do. 

post-20535-0-58749200-1428143031.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Must've hunted at least 10 high rank Zinogre today, but no jasper. its one of the two things I still need to finish my armor and it wont give it to me.

In 3 they gave them to me like candy (along with skymeralds) but now? Nothing.

Just fought the Rajang for the first time today. And wow, that thing hits like an enormous truck! One hit from that lightning beam and about three quarters of my health is gone. Even though my armor was maxed out on Hard Armor Spheres, had amazing thunder resistance, and I ate for defense and more thunder resistance before the quest. Although, it was Gunner armor, so that might explain it, but even so barely anything has managed to take off more than a third of my health with that armor set before, and never more than half. I'm scared to see how powerful a G-rank Rajang is. I'm starting to consider aiming for Guts on my future Gunner sets since it seems like half the monsters in G-rank will one-shot Gunners.

Still managed to do it without carting. :proud:

Must've hunted at least 10 high rank Zinogre today, but no jasper. its one of the two things I still need to finish my armor and it wont give it to me.
In 3 they gave them to me like candy (along with skymeralds) but now? Nothing.

Welcome to my world. I've hunted about 60 high rank Zinogres now looking for nothing but Jaspers. I've managed to get three of them so far, but since I love Zinogre weapons so much and want to make as many as I can, I need six Jaspers total so I've probably got another 60 Zinogres to go before I'm done. I don't think I'm going to get much use out of the 150 Zinogre carapaces I now own. Good thing Zinogre is one of my favourite monsters so I love hunting them anyway.

I've given the Gunlance a chance, and I'm happy that I did! That weapon and the Lance have great reach and blocking ability. My only problem with the Gunlance is its evasive ability and vulnerability after attacking. This gives the impression that the Gunlance is heavier than the Lance; probably because of its shelling ability.

I've nearly finished obtaining parts of the Barroth set, after getting a Gypceros head. After I find monster bone L, I'll have that awesome Guard +1 set! I also can't wait to get the Lava armor set; Guard +1 and Taunt seems like the combination that might allow tanking. Tanking is pretty much my favorite role in any RPG.

• Brohoof 1

I've nearly finished obtaining parts of the Barroth set, after getting a Gypceros head. After I find monster bone L, I'll have that awesome Guard +1 set! I also can't wait to get the Lava armor set; Guard +1 and Taunt seems like the combination that might allow tanking. Tanking is pretty much my favorite role in any RPG.

If you make a set with Taunt, I'd be very interested to see how well a tanking strategy like this will work. Out of the weapons I use, the Hunting Horn and the Bow would probably benefit a lot from not being targeted. I could also add Sneak to my armor set to make sure the monster targets you even more. I'd love to hunt with you to try out this unique strategy sometime!

• Brohoof 1

If you make a set with Taunt, I'd be very interested to see how well a tanking strategy like this will work. Out of the weapons I use, the Hunting Horn and the Bow would probably benefit a lot from not being targeted. I could also add Sneak to my armor set to make sure the monster targets you even more. I'd love to hunt with you to try out this unique strategy sometime!

Nice idea! I can't get the set right now, but it will be one of my main sets. I was slacking off for the past few weeks, but now I'm trying to catch up to everyone here. I'm still stuck on offline Lv 4!  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Just fought the Rajang for the first time today. And wow, that thing hits like an enormous truck! One hit from that lightning beam and about three quarters of my health is gone. Even though my armor was maxed out on Hard Armor Spheres, had amazing thunder resistance, and I ate for defense and more thunder resistance before the quest. Although, it was Gunner armor, so that might explain it, but even so barely anything has managed to take off more than a third of my health with that armor set before, and never more than half. I'm scared to see how powerful a G-rank Rajang is. I'm starting to consider aiming for Guts on my future Gunner sets since it seems like half the monsters in G-rank will one-shot Gunners.

Still managed to do it without carting. :proud:

Welcome to my world. I've hunted about 60 high rank Zinogres now looking for nothing but Jaspers. I've managed to get three of them so far, but since I love Zinogre weapons so much and want to make as many as I can, I need six Jaspers total so I've probably got another 60 Zinogres to go before I'm done. I don't think I'm going to get much use out of the 150 Zinogre carapaces I now own. Good thing Zinogre is one of my favourite monsters so I love hunting them anyway.

Its just a bit if a change of pace for me, ya know? In 3 Ultimate they gave me the rarities like crazy, (9 skymeralds in about 10 hunts), now Im having issues getting even a single jasper.

Zinogre is my number one favorite monster, my build in 3 is G rank zinogre armor and the azure rathalos greatsword, the pale kaiser. (Though I also used Goldbeard armor as well as g rank agnaktor)

Got my jasper as well as the wyvern gem I needed and my armor set is complete! Woo! High rank Zinogre baby! I love this gear, its so nice.

So today I almost finished forging my para-stun greatsword set. It has taken a bit of fiddling around, but I'm trying to get Crit Draw, Punish Draw, Awaken and Status up on one set.

Only problem is that I need to find a suitable charm for stat/crit draw.

Damn! Why don't the makers of MH put in status 3 jewels! That'd make life so much simpler! Ah well, time to get charm melding!

My Little Hunter, Kirin is best pony.

tbh though, my impression after my first encounter with kirin can be summed up with the word, dissapointed.

Basically my weapon bounced off until it died, my buddy probably did most of the work with his silver and gold rathalos and rathian dualblades.

• Brohoof 1

My Little Hunter, Kirin is best pony.

tbh though, my impression after my first encounter with kirin can be summed up with the word, dissapointed.

Basically my weapon bounced off until it died, my buddy probably did most of the work with his silver and gold rathalos and rathian dualblades.

Yeah, I attempted the giant dual Kirin event this morning.. Even with White sharpness my weapon bounces! It was pretty much a death fest. 1 on its own is easy, but 2 in the same room is a nightmare! :blink:

Holy hot damn. Capcom have announced a new Monster Hunter Spinoff game for the 3ds!

Hopefully they'll release more details soon.

We better get a western release or I swear to god. 

Edited by Monotone
  • Brohoof 6

I faced off against both Kirin and Oroshi Kirin for the first time. I do feel bad for the Kirin after I hunted it down and I really wanted to capture it. *sigh* But it had to be done...

• Brohoof 1

*Rant about Online Etiquette*

Alright. So I've been questing a little with others and have noticed the terrors of those without ANY kind of online etiquette. And people posting crap in a room say, for a Ratholos locale, they'll see me hosting the room with a high ass hunter rank  and go post their urgent quest desperately. Even to the point where I'm the only one who is able to join.. :o

Also, I reckon by at least G3 and above, people should know the unwritten "common sense" rules  of Monster Hunter. And I don't even know how they got so far with such terrible manners in the first place.

Only arguments I have is the Basecamp/Sheathing weapons rule. If you've got a Crit Draw GS, then you're going to be doing some serious damage in comparison to walking around in slo-mo not doing anything. :blink:

On that note, I'd actually approve the staying in Basecamp. If a person feels they are severely unequipped for a fight (or run out of mega potions which will result in them being 1-hitted) and don't want to let the team down by failing the quest, then I can understand that. :)

Edited by The Crimson Cross
  • Brohoof 2

Holy hot damn. Capcom have announced a new Monster Hunter Spinoff game for the 3ds!

Hopefully they'll release more details soon.

We better get a western release or I swear to god. 

That game seems awesome! Riding a monster into battle against another monster? Amazing! I agree, this game better be released in the west too! I really hope you can ride a Nargacuga, since that's my favourite monster in the series.

What monster would you want to ride into battle?

*Rant about Online Etiquette*

Alright. So I've been questing a little with others and have noticed the terrors of those without ANY kind of online etiquette. And people posting crap in a room say, for a Ratholos locale, they'll see me hosting the room with a high ass hunter rank  and go post their urgent quest desperately. Even to the point where I'm the only one who is able to join.. :o

Also, I reckon by at least G3 and above, people should know the unwritten "common sense" rules  of Monster Hunter. And I don't even know how they got so far with such terrible manners in the first place.

Only arguments I have is the Basecamp/Sheathing weapons rule. If you've got a Crit Draw GS, then you're going to be doing some serious damage in comparison to walking around in slo-mo not doing anything. :blink:

On that note, I'd actually approve the staying in Basecamp. If a person feels they are severely unequipped for a fight (or run out of mega potions which will result in them being 1-hitted) and don't want to let the team down by failing the quest, then I can understand that. :)

Yeah, it really is horrible sometimes. I just don't play with randoms anymore. I either play with people I know, or I'll just work towards some single-player goals until I can play with people I know.

• Brohoof 2

What monster would you want to ride into battle?

The Lagiacrus

post-26128-0-66738700-1428933986_thumb.jpg

I don't know what it is about the Lagiacrus I love so much. Maybe it's the design, their land fights or their adorable widdle faces. But what I do know is that I want to ride one, real bad.

• Brohoof 1

Been really enjoying 4U lately, but Azure Rathalos... y u no gimme rubies 4 ur armor ;-;

ugh i still need 3 rathian plates to finish off the leg part of my armor

Desire Sensor is the most op monster of all :okiedokielokie:
  • Brohoof 2