Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Monster Hunter Club

Panne

My quest for Silver Rathalos armour has begun! It's only a matter of time before I have the whole set, I only need one more rath ruby! Huzzah! I also defeated Dalamadur today, he was scary... ;-; Is the Ukanlos hard to defeat?

I thought that trying arena would narrow down my preferred weapon, but it only made things worse! Almost all blademaster choices look appealing...

@FortyTwo42: 

I haven't reached G-rank yet, but I might be able to help. All three skills that you mentioned are great, in my opinion. About evade, it depends on which weapon you're using and how comfortable you are with evading. If you have great timing and reflexes, you might not even need Evade+2. If you can settle with Evade+1, it might leave some room for other skills or improvements.  

Speaking of G rank how do you get to G rank anyways?

Key and urgent quests in low and high rank, the last two quests before G-Rank are Dalamadur and Ukanlos, upon completion of those you will be granted a G1 license and your first set of quests.

Today I learned Demondrugs do not stack with the attack boost from the felyne food. Over the course of my time playing Monster Hunter, that's probably about 500 wasted Demondrugs. I can't believe I've wasted so many of them because I had no idea those boosts don't stack. :adorkable:

Also, I've like to ask for advice. MH4U is the first Monster Hunter game I've reached G-rank in, so I'm new to the idea of creating mixed sets to get particular skills. It's a bit daunting to me, since there's so many good skills to choose from, and so many ways to combine armor, and I'm worried I'm going to make a bad set. I've thought about it a lot, and I've decided that for my first mixed set, I'd like to aim for the skills Sharpness+1, Challenger+2 and Evade+X. I say Evade+X because I'm aiming for Evade+1 as a minimum, but if that turns out to be far too easy and I have slots left over I'll make it Evade+2 or Evade+3 instead. What do you think? Is this a good set of skills? And am I aiming for too much (or perhaps too little) for a starting G-rank set?

Sorry this is a little late, I've been hella busy lately! ^_^

Suprised nobody could answer this before! :P

Alright. I've got over 12 mixed sets, I've found this is entirely possible but extremely difficult to pull off.

It's easiest done with relics. I suggest the following skills:

- Edge Lore

(Attack up L/sharpness +1)

- Nimbleness

(Evasion +1/Evade dist +1/Constitution+1)

-Challenger

(Atk/Affin+)

You can however obtain a Furious Rajang mixed armour which combined with other pieces and possibly a relic can give you

- Edge Lore

(Atk L/ Sharpness +1)

- Challenger +2

- Evasion?

(you will have to gem on evasion somehow, maybe with a relic or charm)

Keep in mind this set is end-game top tier.

Relics will trump all armour and weapons in the end! You'll want to aim for those pieces with +5 of the skill you want.

These skills are not easy to come by, and you can't make decorations for them either.

Except for the challenger skill!

Also, I believe might seeds stack with food boosts and HH boosts!

Hence why the wide-range skill is so good for extra buffing!! :yay:

• Brohoof 1

I thought that trying arena would narrow down my preferred weapon, but it only made things worse! Almost all blademaster choices look appealing...

@FortyTwo42: 

I haven't reached G-rank yet, but I might be able to help. All three skills that you mentioned are great, in my opinion. About evade, it depends on which weapon you're using and how comfortable you are with evading. If you have great timing and reflexes, you might not even need Evade+2. If you can settle with Evade+1, it might leave some room for other skills or improvements.  

Sorry this is a little late, I've been hella busy lately! ^_^

Suprised nobody could answer this before! :P

Alright. I've got over 12 mixed sets, I've found this is entirely possible but extremely difficult to pull off.

It's easiest done with relics. I suggest the following skills:

- Edge Lore

(Attack up L/sharpness +1)

- Nimbleness

(Evasion +1/Evade dist +1/Constitution+1)

-Challenger

(Atk/Affin+)

You can however obtain a Furious Rajang mixed armour which combined with other pieces and possibly a relic can give you

- Edge Lore

(Atk L/ Sharpness +1)

- Challenger +2

- Evasion?

(you will have to gem on evasion somehow, maybe with a relic or charm)

Keep in mind this set is end-game top tier.

Relics will trump all armour and weapons in the end! You'll want to aim for those pieces with +5 of the skill you want.

These skills are not easy to come by, and you can't make decorations for them either.

Except for the challenger skill!

Also, I believe might seeds stack with food boosts and HH boosts!

Hence why the wide-range skill is so good for extra buffing!! :yay:

Thanks for the responses!

Yeah, I was researching deeply into what attack boosts stack with what to see if Honed Blade and Challenger's attack boosts stack (They do; Honed Blade is a combination of Attack Up L and Sharpness+1, Challenger is simply treated as a straight up attack boost instead of adding on the skill Attack Up XL, so you'll get the full bonus from both.) and that's how I found out Demondrugs don't stack with the kitchen attack boost. But the kitchen attack boosts stack with Might Seeds, and the HH attack boost stacks with absolutely everything under the sun (well, apart from the weaker HH attack boost). I think I understand attack stacking very well now, so if you have any questions about it feel free to ask!

Anyway, about those skills, they're great things to keep in mind, so I'll probably aim for that later. But my main question was what skills should I aim for now? I'm still in G1 and I'm aiming for something that can be finished at least early on in G2. Something that can be made by then of course won't be amazing top-tier stuff, but it'll be very useful in getting me further through G-rank so I can get that top-tier stuff. I plowed through low rank and high rank with just one armor set each, but in G-rank I don't expect to be able to just plow through easily like that anymore. The Barioth armor I've made was more out of a necessity to upgrade my horrible defense to G-rank levels than anything else (although Barioth is one of my favourite monsters in the series, so that probably had some influence too :please: ) Now I'm looking to finally get started in mixing sets and make something that both has high G-rank level defense and has great skills.

Anyway, on the topic of getting Sharpness+1, Challenger+2 and Evasion+X at my current level of progress, I believe I actually just found a method to get these skills right now. And funnily enough, most of the armor pieces are only high rank, the only G-rank armor it needs is a Barioth Mail X, which I've happened to have made already. The set uses a Gore Helm S, Barioth Mail X, Gore Braces S, Kushala Cocoon and Arc Greaves. It also requires any three slot talisman, and if I want to gem out a -20 Fire Resist skill, one weapon slot. Should I go for this set? I should be able to get all the remaining armor pieces on my own since it's all high rank, but having the majority of my armor consist of high rank pieces will hurt my defense, which you probably don't want to do in G-rank. But the way I see it, I can start from this, and as I get further into G-rank I could probably start replacing the armor with better G-rank versions. I might also be able to bump Evasion+1 to Evasion+2 eventually.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the responses!

Yeah, I was researching deeply into what attack boosts stack with what to see if Honed Blade and Challenger's attack boosts stack (They do; Honed Blade is a combination of Attack Up L and Sharpness+1, Challenger is simply treated as a straight up attack boost instead of adding on the skill Attack Up XL, so you'll get the full bonus from both.) and that's how I found out Demondrugs don't stack with the kitchen attack boost. But the kitchen attack boosts stack with Might Seeds, and the HH attack boost stacks with absolutely everything under the sun (well, apart from the weaker HH attack boost). I think I understand attack stacking very well now, so if you have any questions about it feel free to ask!

Anyway, about those skills, they're great things to keep in mind, so I'll probably aim for that later. But my main question was what skills should I aim for now? I'm still in G1 and I'm aiming for something that can be finished at least early on in G2. Something that can be made by then of course won't be amazing top-tier stuff, but it'll be very useful in getting me further through G-rank so I can get that top-tier stuff. I plowed through low rank and high rank with just one armor set each, but in G-rank I don't expect to be able to just plow through easily like that anymore. The Barioth armor I've made was more out of a necessity to upgrade my horrible defense to G-rank levels than anything else (although Barioth is one of my favourite monsters in the series, so that probably had some influence too :please: ) Now I'm looking to finally get started in mixing sets and make something that both has high G-rank level defense and has great skills.

Anyway, on the topic of getting Sharpness+1, Challenger+2 and Evasion+X at my current level of progress, I believe I actually just found a method to get these skills right now. And funnily enough, most of the armor pieces are only high rank, the only G-rank armor it needs is a Barioth Mail X, which I've happened to have made already. The set uses a Gore Helm S, Barioth Mail X, Gore Braces S, Kushala Cocoon and Arc Greaves. It also requires any three slot talisman, and if I want to gem out a -20 Fire Resist skill, one weapon slot. Should I go for this set? I should be able to get all the remaining armor pieces on my own since it's all high rank, but having the majority of my armor consist of high rank pieces will hurt my defense, which you probably don't want to do in G-rank. But the way I see it, I can start from this, and as I get further into G-rank I could probably start replacing the armor with better G-rank versions. I might also be able to bump Evasion+1 to Evasion+2 eventually.

Hm. you cant really expect top tier skills when youre still in the bottom rungs! :umad:

I've got both Sharpness and evasion on my GS set, with challenger able to be slotted on only using the G3 Elder Dragon equipment.

It's one thing to say you can cope with the low defense, but even the G2 chaos gore urgent quest will 2HKO me with 777def, so you'd have to be ultra careful. I mean, you might as well just just go gunning unless you were to seriously grind guild quests for tru armour spheres. I don't know the credibility of this set, but If that is the path you want, it will likely involve an unhealthy amount of low rank Jhen event grinding to claim armour stones.

I don't recommend it personally until later on.

That said, there are plenty of other great sets out there without the need to go to such immense troubles.

At that point, I played that section when the game was still very early in early release, (hence my high HR) and many of these sets were unknown, and every guy and his dog had either Seregios or Chaos Gore armour. We still managed to deal some good damage then before we began upgrading to Elder gear. ;)

Well! It would definitely be an achievement to pull it off. If you manage that set so early on I would be amazed. :lol:

I ended up making my own sets in the end, it is up to you, but half the fun I've had in MH is experiencing creating new sets that people haven't seen before and getting compliments for it. :)

errrrr im not sure if im cheating or what but some one had a wight fatty quest im scared am i gonna get banned or is that quest out

The guy you were questing with likely set his game up to pick up the Japanese episodic quest DLC and transfer it to the English servers somehow. I don't see why you'd be banned when there's HR2-7's walking around with G-rank W Fatalis gear.

I've participated in at least 7 of these and haven't noticed anything happening on my end.

Capcom stated they'd crack down on this, but I haven't really seen much happen! :P

Hm. you cant really expect top tier skills when youre still in the bottom rungs! :umad:

I've got both Sharpness and evasion on my GS set, with challenger able to be slotted on only using the G3 Elder Dragon equipment.

It's one thing to say you can cope with the low defense, but even the G2 chaos gore urgent quest will 2HKO me with 777def, so you'd have to be ultra careful. I mean, you might as well just just go gunning unless you were to seriously grind guild quests for tru armour spheres. I don't know the credibility of this set, but If that is the path you want, it will likely involve an unhealthy amount of low rank Jhen event grinding to claim armour stones.

I don't recommend it personally until later on.

That said, there are plenty of other great sets out there without the need to go to such immense troubles.

At that point, I played that section when the game was still very early in early release, (hence my high HR) and many of these sets were unknown, and every guy and his dog had either Seregios or Chaos Gore armour. We still managed to deal some good damage then before we began upgrading to Elder gear. ;)

Well! It would definitely be an achievement to pull it off. If you manage that set so early on I would be amazed. :lol:

I ended up making my own sets in the end, it is up to you, but half the fun I've had in MH is experiencing creating new sets that people haven't seen before and getting compliments for it. :)

The guy you were questing with likely set his game up to pick up the Japanese episodic quest DLC and transfer it to the English servers somehow. I don't see why you'd be banned when there's HR2-7's walking around with G-rank W Fatalis gear.

I've participated in at least 7 of these and haven't noticed anything happening on my end.

Capcom stated they'd crack down on this, but I haven't really seen much happen! :P

As it turns out, I already had most of the materials I needed to make the set, and I just completed it now!  :squee:  All I needed to do was fight one high rank Gore Magala for some extra carapaces, then farm low rank Shagaru Magala for about 2 hours to get a plate to finish it off. Ultimately, I could boost its defense to 475, but I should easily be able to increase it a lot more when I have access to the G-rank Volcano, Heaven's Mount or Dunes Night harvest tour so I can get more Heavy Armor Spheres and Strong Armor Spheres. I should also be able to replace two of the parts with their G-rank versions once I reach G-rank Gore Magala too. So it's rather poor defense at the moment, but I should be able to improve it a lot very soon.

Having a glowing red hand during hunts makes you feel really awesome! :fiery:

I should also be able to replace two of the parts with their G-rank versions once I reach G-rank Gore Magala too. So it's rather poor defense at the moment, but I should be able to improve it a lot very soon.

Having a glowing red hand during hunts makes you feel really awesome! :fiery:

G-rank Gore?

I'm pretty sure you can only find that via Guild quests unless you mean the chaos variant! :P

And I know the awesome feeling of glowing arms! The same thing happens with the peak performance skill and its just plain awesome! :wau:

Best of luck with completing that set! :yay:

One of those games that I would like to play but simply can't justify buying an entire console for.

The world just needs to get with my PC world. :P

Reasons to get Xbox console: Play crappier versions of games you can play on PC

Reasons to get Playstation Console: Play crappier versions of games you can play on PC

Reasons to get Nintendo Console: Play all the games you can't play on PC.

On a Monster Hunter note... I am right on the edge of solo high rank finally. I just can't survive more than 2 hits from this crab and bounce off every edge of him...

• Brohoof 2

G-rank Gore?

I'm pretty sure you can only find that via Guild quests unless you mean the chaos variant! :P

And I know the awesome feeling of glowing arms! The same thing happens with the peak performance skill and its just plain awesome! :wau:

Best of luck with completing that set! :yay:

It's complete already, I'm hunting with Sharpness+1, Challenger+2 and Evasion+1 right now! I'm just saying since all but one of the parts aren't G-rank, it's defense is probably a bit too low, so I plan to replace those parts with their G-rank versions when they become available. Most of the set involves Gore parts since Gore armor usually gives both Spirit and Handicraft points, so reaching G-rank Gore will be the requirement to upgrade most of the parts this way.

I didn't actually know you could only see G-rank Gore in Guild Quests. I just assumed he'll have a normal quest to hunt him like most of the monsters. I'll probably need to level up some Guild Quests then. Although, I'm pretty sure you can get most Gore materials from Chaotic Gore anyway, so maybe getting a Guild Quest won't be necessary. But if you get KOed in 2 hits with 777 defense, then I'm pretty sure I won't want to be approaching Chaotic Gore with 475 defense.

At this point, I feel my next big G-rank priority is to unlock the Volcano, Heaven's Mount or Dunes Night harvest tour so I can mine for Strong Armor Spheres and increase my armor's defense as much as I can without those Guild Quest exclusive armor spheres. 475 defense is pretty bad, but I should be able to increase it to a decent amount with those extra armor spheres.

If the defense is too much of an issue, I can always switch back to my Barioth armor. That set already has over 600 defense.

Reasons to get Xbox console: Play crappier versions of games you can play on PC

Reasons to get Playstation Console: Play crappier versions of games you can play on PC

Reasons to get Nintendo Console: Play all the games you can't play on PC.

On a Monster Hunter note... I am right on the edge of solo high rank finally. I just can't survive more than 2 hits from this crab and bounce off every edge of him...

The Daimyo Hermitaur? Yeah, that guy is a real bugger... Just slowly chip away at his health, and you'll be fine. :3

Also, the owner of that skull on it's back is not far away... >:3

The Daimyo Hermitaur? Yeah, that guy is a real bugger... Just slowly chip away at his health, and you'll be fine. :3

Also, the owner of that skull on it's back is not far away... >:3

And let's not forget the Pink Rathian... ._. Seriously, Pink Ian is a nightmare >.<

• Brohoof 1

Today I completed "The Master's Test".

That's right. The G-rank Apex Diablos, Apex Seregios and Apex Savage Deviljho in the arena. :wau:

It was an epic battle of the ages! The first two I could take down with minimal effort, only requiring 5 of my mega potions. But apex Deviljho I couldn't even scratch. By the time I activated my wystones I was either in the air being eaten or needing recovery.

After using all of my lifepowders, herbs and other recovery items, this was it. I could never finish it. :o

I had two choices. Either I run around waiting for my felyne comrades to heal me, or make a stand. :blink:

I chose the second option.

To my surprise, I somehow managed to knock it out of Apex mode. I went all out, mounted it, knocked it down, paralysed it, knocked it again, paralysed it again. This was the final stand. My health was at a minimum. Deviljho was coming straight for me, I made a risky move and jumped to hit it. The final hit! Quest ended! Huzzah! Huzzah! :lol:

In the end I got my award and a wide range +12 charm. Not as fancy as the Caravaneer's Challenge Rainbow Pigment.

I've completed everything in the village now, so I'm farming G-rank expeditions for a while.

• Brohoof 2

And let's not forget the Pink Rathian... ._. Seriously, Pink Ian is a nightmare >.<

Yeah, Pink Rathian is really stupid to fight against, but if you have friends to fight it with, it's easy!

Later on, there is a caravan quest to hunt a Silver Rathalos. Personally I find Rathali harder to beat than Rathians. The Rathian poison attack is fairly easy to dodge, but the Rathalos' poison claw attack is really hard to evade. Now imagen an Azure Rathalos, and then make it faster, more powerful, more cunning, insanely hard armour, and put it in an area where you can't escape. There. Silver Rathalos. The solo fight against him was a true nightmare; he kept poisoning me, setting me on fire blasting me to pieces, everything went wrong... ;-;

I did beat him in the end though, after a lot of frustration. Now I'm grinding him online, for his armour set, it's really good! :3

I got myself the Zinogre X armor set with the help of the other hunters! Lemme you, it's fun facing Zinogres in G-Rank because you have to be on your toes and memorize what attacks those monsters would do.

Yesterday to my surprise, I once got 2 Zinogre Skymeralds in a single hunt. I'm not kidding because they're said to be extremely rare for all hunters.

You know, maybe sometime soon I should host a Zinogre event for those who want the armor and weapons..

• Brohoof 1

I got myself the Zinogre X armor set with the help of the other hunters! Lemme you, it's fun facing Zinogres in G-Rank because you have to be on your toes and memorize what attacks those monsters would do.

Yesterday to my surprise, I once got 2 Zinogre Skymeralds in a single hunt. I'm not kidding because they're said to be extremely rare for all hunters.

You know, maybe sometime soon I should host a Zinogre event for those who want the armor and weapons..

Back in 3U I got two skymeralds from a single hunt via shinies.

Anyway, this evening my buddy and I are going to try that mission where you have to fight two deviljho in the arena simultaneously without any armor or charms.

So the naked and afraid mission went surprisingly well. I carted early on, but was more carful for the rest of the fight, especially once the second jho (who was almost adorably small) came into play. After the first one went down, the second jho (the small one) immediately ran over to the first one's corpse and started digging in. It was a tad surprising to see that cannibalism going down, but hey, its jho. The rest of the fight was pretty standard and after a while the second went down.

As a little reward to myself, I used a ton of my unused Deviljho parts and made myself a full set of Vangis armor.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

So the new DLC is available today. I'm not able to get it, so I can't check the DLC out. But I do know G-rank Dah'ren is available now. I also wanna know about if we have any new DLC gifts available in the gift area o3o