Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Monster Hunter Club

Panne

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a while since there have been any posts here so I thought I would share something.

Today I got my first real G-Rank armor set for 4! Ash Kecha Wacha. Its really fancy and has some nice skills. On top of that, PURPLE! I love purple, its my favorite color, and I finally have a good looking armor set that bears the color.

How's eveypony doing in Monster Hunter 4? Yesterday, I did some Event Quests and dressed my Ace Palico in a full Mega Man set. Can't wait to see how well my Ace Palico would do.

• Brohoof 1

It's been a little while since I've played MH4U. But I've recently started my uni break and I'm looking to get back into it again, so if any of you want to play with me, let me know! I'm currently in early G-rank, farming for G-rank weapons and armor so I don't get destroyed later on.

Today I completed "The Master's Test".

That's right. The G-rank Apex Diablos, Apex Seregios and Apex Savage Deviljho in the arena. :wau:

It was an epic battle of the ages! The first two I could take down with minimal effort, only requiring 5 of my mega potions. But apex Deviljho I couldn't even scratch. By the time I activated my wystones I was either in the air being eaten or needing recovery.

After using all of my lifepowders, herbs and other recovery items, this was it. I could never finish it. :o

I had two choices. Either I run around waiting for my felyne comrades to heal me, or make a stand. :blink:

I chose the second option.

To my surprise, I somehow managed to knock it out of Apex mode. I went all out, mounted it, knocked it down, paralysed it, knocked it again, paralysed it again. This was the final stand. My health was at a minimum. Deviljho was coming straight for me, I made a risky move and jumped to hit it. The final hit! Quest ended! Huzzah! Huzzah! :lol:

In the end I got my award and a wide range +12 charm. Not as fancy as the Caravaneer's Challenge Rainbow Pigment.

I've completed everything in the village now, so I'm farming G-rank expeditions for a while.

Congratulations on completing the insane quest! You're now a Monster Hunter Master!

Today, I've completed the Kaiser X armor set and I'm willing to give it a go against Rajangs. Those monsters are just as bad as Tirek!

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to Hunter Rank 100. The monster to get me there was a very small (gold crown shortest) G-Rank Rathalos. My buddy and I tore it to shreds with S.Zin SnS. I kinda felt bad for it.

(edited)

Oh, hi. I've just plowing through the Mario: Oh Brothers! quest to get the Mario and Luigi outfits for both my Palicos. I also completed an Aged Text and after I spoke to His Immenseness...I was not happy to hear the news from him. It was rumored that the monster is an extreme climber and the Guild Lady told me to go with caution. I then looked at the quest and it has the monster that we feared the most...

The monster featured in the quest is...APEX RAJANG! Celestia help me...

post-20535-0-47291500-1437234747.jpg

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

Finally got to Hunter Rank 100. The monster to get me there was a very small (gold crown shortest) G-Rank Rathalos. My buddy and I tore it to shreds with S.Zin SnS. I kinda felt bad for it.

There has only been one time I felt bad for a monster. (Most of the time I get too frustrated with them to pity them.)

There was a Black Gravios, and I tore it to pieces. Once pieces of it's armour fell off and showed soft pinkish skin underneath I felt really bad for it. It never asked for this.

And then it hit me with a lazer, and I stopped feeling bad for it.

• Brohoof 1

@@Photon Jet,

Oh gods, I hate fighting regular Rajang. I need a ton of parts from him though so Im waiting until I finish my G-rank Zinogre to grind him because my -10 thunder res Ash Kecha Wacha will not do the trick. 

I know. Rajangs are bad enough but when you have to face an Apex Rajang, That's like facing Vegeta all by yourself!

Anyway, it's a good idea to grind for a Zinogre G armor set for later quests. It's actually one of my favorite armor sets. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I know. Rajangs are bad enough but when you have to face an Apex Rajang, That's like facing Vegeta all by yourself!

Rajang and Vegeta eh? Well. Then its a good thing my bomb placing shout out is "BIG BANG ATTACK!!"

Edited by The Crimson Cross
  • Brohoof 1

Started to get into Monster Hunter again! I'm trying to do all the quests in the gathering/elder hall, I'm working my way up, so far I'm up to rank 5.

Also made a new armor + greatsword set.

I was babysitting my hunting pupils today. My hunting partner was having connection issues so I had to do their teaching and training on my own.

You have hunting pupils?? Not bad. I recall questing with a few experts in MH3, some of the techniques I got from those guys were extremely useful for the rest of my days For Eg. The pitfall/Flash bomb combo on flying wyverns!

Started to get into Monster Hunter again! I'm trying to do all the quests in the gathering/elder hall, I'm working my way up, so far I'm up to rank 5.

Also made a new armor + greatsword set.

Neat. When you fill all awards, in this case for Caravan, you'll get a few shining stars next to the symbol for that category. 

Makes me feel pro when I send my card to people!  :lol:

@@The Crimson Cross,

Kinda, one of them started belligerently objecting to wearing a full set of armor. He refused to wear a helmet, so we refused to take him on quests. He eventually caved and now is in G2, and is helping to train the second. He still seems to have issues memorizing zones though, so unless he has a map he still gets lost. Heck, sometimes he gets lost /with/ a map.

The second got the game not even a week ago and, while he shows a lot of promise, still has a lot to learn. We have been taking our time with him and he is currently in HR3, sporting Gore Magala Armor and Insect Glaive.

@@The Crimson Cross,

Kinda, one of them started belligerently objecting to wearing a full set of armor. He refused to wear a helmet, so we refused to take him on quests. He eventually caved and now is in G2, and is helping to train the second. He still seems to have issues memorizing zones though, so unless he has a map he still gets lost. Heck, sometimes he gets lost /with/ a map.

The second got the game not even a week ago and, while he shows a lot of promise, still has a lot to learn. We have been taking our time with him and he is currently in HR3, sporting Gore Magala Armor and Insect Glaive.

LMFAO. :love: 

Oh Gods no! Not the mixed armour people! *shudders* Yeah. I know it aaaall too well. But it's hard to explain when I often wear mixed sets myself. Not to mention the simple use of a single decoration.  :please:

There's no use rushing ahead to G-rank anyway. I honestly don't understand how some people even make it there with some of the gear I've seen. I mean it's just a matter of creating a room, setting a target and BANG! Your quest you want every single time. I try explaining it, yet they still don't understand.

You're doing exceptionally well in terms of patience to go back and show them the ropes! They'll need it an appreciate it later!  :yay:

LMFAO. :love:

Oh Gods no! Not the mixed armour people! *shudders* Yeah. I know it aaaall too well. But it's hard to explain when I often wear mixed sets myself. Not to mention the simple use of a single decoration. :please:

There's no use rushing ahead to G-rank anyway. I honestly don't understand how some people even make it there with some of the gear I've seen. I mean it's just a matter of creating a room, setting a target and BANG! Your quest you want every single time. I try explaining it, yet they still don't understand.

You're doing exceptionally well in terms of patience to go back and show them the ropes! They'll need it an appreciate it later! :yay:

Not exactly mixed armor, but just wearing all but the helmet because he didnt want his hair and face covered. He rationalized it with "I got to the lagiacrus in tri wearing bone armor and no helmet!"

We responded with "lagi isnt even the halfway point of tri's single player." He fell in line pretty quickly.

And yeah, if you rush someone to G rank, then they wont have developed the proper skills needed to survive in G rank.

• Brohoof 1

Inspired by a a G.Hall rant in the MH community, and just general shenanigans, I'd like to know what the most common names you guys encounter are. I'll start off by listing a few:

- Kirito

(I get it, he's an awesome character, but it loses its charm the 40th time I see it)

- Link

(Sick of seeing it, but hey! At least there's an armour set to match!)

- Asuna

(I didn't like her as a character in SAO, people wonder why I automatically don't like them. Ah well. Sucks to be them! :please: )

- Shadow

(saw a shadow of you in the previous room)

- Hunter

(It's as common as it is uncreative.)

- Miku

(Just yesterday, I've been in a room with 3 Miku's. help. I think they're taking over! :blink: )

• Brohoof 1

Inspired by a a G.Hall rant in the MH community, and just general shenanigans, I'd like to know what the most common names you guys encounter are. I'll start off by listing a few:

- Kirito

(I get it, he's an awesome character, but it loses its charm the 40th time I see it)

- Link

- Asuna

(I didn't like her as a character in SAO, people wonder why I automatically don't like them. Ah well. Sucks to be them! :please: )

- Shadow

- Hunter

- Miku

(Just yesterday, I've been in a room with 3 Miku's. help. I think they're taking over! :blink: )

Weirdly enough, I've encountered none of these. I've not seen a single unoriginal name. :c I don't know why not, I guess I'm just a wizard. :3

• Brohoof 1

- Kirito

- Link

- Asuna

- Shadow

- Hunter

- Miku

I don't see them in MH, but I did see A LOT of them in Team Fortress 2. Also a lot of pony names. :3

- Kirito

- Link

- Asuna

- Shadow

- Hunter

- Miku

Yup, I've seen atleast one of each of those, most I've seen are Slayer`s though.

Anyway I had a weird dream last night, I was a monster hunter, but in order to get G crown I had to win the Fall Formal (Equestria girls was playing on my tv in the backround lol)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

^Disco Brachy. What more could we possibly want?

Found this while surfing Youtube today. Totally going to play it next time I'm on a Nuclear Brachydios run. 

I swear it should be the REAL OST! :wacko:

Also, can't wait for Monster hunter X (cross). The gun mechanics look simply stunning! :wau:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to upgrade to a new 3ds XL recently, and thanks to Nintendo's restrictions and Gamestop, I couldn't transfer my data. Now, I'm starting over after losing 150+ hours! :baconmane:  It's not too bad, though. I still enjoy 4U, and I'm still trying to find the best weapon class for me.