Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What video game made your childhood?

Xievie

Ask a kid, I played a LOT of videogames, but the one that resonated most with me, the one I feel most nostalgic and emotional for, is Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal!

Seriously, I'm so emotional about the Blackthorn City theme, and I can remember little bits and pieces of my playing- like defeating Whitney's Miltank with Quilava, the final turns that determined my battle with Lance, and the sad day my Pokemon file save suddenly disappeared..

How about you guys? What game really defined your childhood?

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 1

One of ten was Super Mario Sunshine. Brings nostalgia just by replaying it. Well it's certainly no the best mario game, I still have fond memories of it. Mario kart double dash is another choice with how I uses to own my sister at that game and how it has an interesting concept. And Pokemon Leaf green was the game that got me into Pokemon.

• Brohoof 3

As a kid I played Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Ratchet and Clank, Pandemonium, MGS, Street Fighter, Crash Bandicoot, Sonic, Mario

I also grew up with an Atari 2600 so I played the hell out of Space Invaders, Asteroids and the like.

• Brohoof 1

Pokemon Silver.It was my first video game ever,and I played the hell out of it. 

Getting my first Pokemon, Battling Red on Mt.Silver, getting my first Pokemon to Level 100, ect. I have so many good memories of Silver. This probably explains why I love Soul Silver so much, and why it's so Nostalgic for me.

Three games stand out as one's that made my childhood:

Spyro,Crash Bandicoot and Ratcher and Clank. Those three games are freaking awesome and kept me entertained for the early years of my life :3

• Brohoof 1

The video game that started it all was super Mario world, but the first game I really REALLY got into was Pokemon blue. It was just such a cool game, especially considering it was for the gameboy. I have my save backed up on a mega memory card, just in case the new battery I added dies.

As a side note, Missingno has never hurt anyone's save file, he IS a Pokemon and will always have a place on my favorites list.

Edited by Celtore

TES IV OBLIVION

TES IV OBLIVION

TES IV OBLIVION

TES IV OBLIVION

TES IV OBLIVION

Well I wasn't a child, more like 13-14 or something. But playing that was pretty much all I did with my free time at that point in my life, and the thing that got me into and kept me gaming. I remember I once stayed up for 41 hours straight over the Christmas holidays playing it on PS3 (this was before I discovered the superiority of PC gaming and quake live) :P

Edited by ponypowa96

There are so many, I don't know if I can list them all... I was born into a "nerdy" family so video games were part of a natural childhood progression. XD

I guess I could list them in no particular order:

• Pokemon Yellow
  • Super Mario World
  • Mario Kart (SNES)
  • Forsaken
  • Super Smash Bros. (N64)
  • A bunch of Zelda games
  • Jurassic Park (Sega Game Gear)
  • A Sonic game I can't remember the name of (Sega Game Gear)
  • Kirby's Dreamland
  • Animal Crossing
  • Quake (N64)

And tonnes more XD

Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 7, and Sonic Heroes.

They were undoubtedly the best games of my old days. :)

Edited by SnipSnap

Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 7, and Sonic Heroes.

They were undoubtedly the best games of my old days. :)

Holy crap, I totally forgot to mention Sonic Adventure 1 & 2.

I wasn't able to buy games as often when I was younger so I did play some games over and over again. I think the number one game that made me love RPGs was Wild Arms 2. I suppose Legend of Dragoon too but WA2 remains my favorite RPG of all time.

A few come to mind...

Yoshi's Island: I spent so many hours on that game. Honestly, though, the only thing I remember is the opening level theme. I'll never get it out of my head.

NHL 2003: This game still has the best soundtrack ever. It was the only NHL game I had until NHL 10, but I still played it during that time period. It was just so so fun.

Some of the games that I played as a kid alot were Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash,and a bunch of other games that I played. The ones I listed above were the most memorable, especially Donkey Kong 64(I want a HD remake for this game). I almost forgot about Flatout, Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Republic Commandos, Odd World Strangers Wrath, and of course Halo 2.

My first one I played would probably be Super Mario World, although I was more focused on rushing through the first level over and over again than actually advancing. Later on, I played Sonic Heroes, which I really enjoyed, and I still consider to be the best 3D Sonic game ever. Yeah, suck it, Sonic Adventure 2.

Others include The Simpsons: Hit & Run, Sly Cooper, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Worms, and Super Monkey Ball. All of 'em I loved. Why doesn't anyone make any platformers anymore? It's so sad.  :(

I didn't have a childhood of videos games. Now I'm in my teens and I have video games. The first game I had was mariokart the original. I'd love to say pokemon because it is my favorite video game but it wasn't my first.

There are so many! I'll list the first ones that come to mind:

• Super Mario World 3: Yoshi's Island
  • Pokemon Silver version
  • Pokemon Ruby version
  • Jak and Daxter: the Precursor Legacy
  • Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
  • Ape Escape 2
  • The Sims 2
  • Digimon Rumble Arena

Oh! And also Sonic Heroes and Super Monkey Ball. I had almost forgotten about those..wave of nostalgia incoming xD

Edited by jackleapp81

World of Warcraft.

It didn't just make my childhood. It owned my childhood. It ruined my childhood. To this day the fallout from my absolute obsession with that game can still be felt.

• Brohoof 1

I recall playing Sonic 2 and the original Smash Brothers with my sisters. I also have fond memories playing Melee and Double Dash on my GameCube. There were other games that I was really into, but those truly stand out.

I can't pick just one.

Pokemon fire red/ leaf green

Halo

Gears of war

The punisher

Predator: concrete jungle

Area 51

Crash bandicoot

Metroid (gameboy ones)

Resident evil 4

Out of them all resi is the one that really made my childhood, but I couldn't just put one game. Maybe I'll make a blog about it, maybe today.