Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What video game made your childhood?

Xievie

Halo......without a doubt.  That game, i've been playing since 2001 and not only did i enjoy the game...its music.  Thank you, Marty. :D

Jeez, hard question! I have to think about that for a moment....  :blink:

Age of Empires

Age of Empires 2 (So awesome!  :wub: )

Baldurs Gate

Baldurs Gate 2 (Best game ever!  :yay: )

Dungeon Keeper

Dungeon Keeper 2 (Masterpiece  B) )

Populous, the beginning

Majesty

Warlords Battlecry series

Starcraft

Diablo

Diablo 2 (I can't stop looting! :( )

Battle Realms (Incredibly underrated Masterpiece. Does not really work on Win7. It's a shame.)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R series

Battlefield 1942

Sims series

The old Sonic games on Sega Megadrive.... Was it the Megadrive? Don't remember.

Total War series

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (The best Elder Scrolls, imho.)

Im sure there are more, but thats all i remember for now.

• Brohoof 1

I played many, many games in my childhood, but I think the game that defined it was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

I don't remember when I got it, I can't remember how much I played it, I can't remember how good I was, but it's one of the games that's followed me into my late teens and it's one of the games that sits well in my past. It was one of the games I would always go back to, and even now I go back and play it every now and again.

Not my favorite classic game, or even my first, but definitely the one that I remember most.

• Brohoof 1

Pokemon Silver....then Crystal...best games ever! These were the defining games of my elementary years. :lol:

I also played alot of the tutorial for a Tomb Raider game for the original Playstation. I could not play the real game, I kept dying but the tutorial was so fun.

I also remember playing a Spyro game also for the PS1....I don't think I ever got very far though...

I never was a heavy gamer throughout childhood...I was too poor to afford much and I went through Foster Care, so there went any chance to play games....

In Middle School, the defining game was ATV Offroad Fury 2....To this day, I play it just to fly when I go out of bounds :yay:

Edited by Treble Bolt

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a game I used to play a lot. LOL I've heard a lot about how that game should have been rated T for teen and there I was playing it as a 10 year old :P

Though I think the game that truly left its mark on me was Metroid Prime. You have this thing called the Scan Visor and you can scan stuff to learn more about the history (or mystery) behind objects in your environment. The game developers put a lot of effort to bring that world to life despite the seemingly deserted exterior that you tend to see. 

• Doom
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • Super Metroid
  • Defender
  • Centipede
  • Metroid 2
  • Starfox
  • Primal Rage
  • Vigilante 8
  • Killer Instinct
  • F-Zero
  • Clayfighter
  • Perfect Dark
  • NFL Blitz
  • Super Smash Bros

In no particular order other than Doom, Duke Nukem, and Super Metroid being at the top because of the number of hours I racked up on them. Still play them regularly to this day.

Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness. It's usually considered a decent at best game, and it probably is, but it's so nostalgic for me. I played through it with my dad, and those are some are some of my fondest memories.

Other games I grew up with and loved: Sonic Adventure, Sonic Heroes, and Super Smash Bros Melee were big ones.

Super Mario World was the first video game I ever played. I was 7, I think. I didn't grow up with video games because we couldn't afford them. But I remember going over to a friend of my aunt's house and i would play it all the time. I loved it and it is still my favorite Mario video game.

Hmm...tough one. 

Super Smash Bros. for the 64

Mario Kart 64

Super Mario 64

Dig Dug

That's about it. I didn't get my Wii until later so I didn't have gamecube or anything like that for my childhood. (Well, most of it anyway.)

I can list a few :D

-Colony Wars 

-Ace Combat 1 

-Pokemon Red/Silver

-Sonic The Hedgehog

-Medal of Honor Frontline

-Gran Turismo 3/4 

-Black

-Tiger Woods PGA tour 2004/05

Ah those were the days. 

I can't just pick one game, so here's a small list of games that I love to this day that I couldn't get enough of as a kid. Many of them I still play today.

Legend of Zelda ocarina of time, devil may cry (the original, not the shitty reboot), pokemon red, super Mario bros, Mario 64, super smash bros melee and original, conker live and reloaded, halo combat evolved, dark cloud, final fantasy 10, ape escape, kingdom hearts one and two, god hand, all of the original mortal Kombat games, timesplitters, crash bandicoot one two and three, sonic one two and three, duck hunt, donkey kong 64, DBZ budakai tenkaichi one two and three, star fox 64, Pokemon colosseum, call of duty: world at war, metal gear solid one two and three, fable one and two, and legacy of kain: soul reaver.

I'm not much of a gamer these days, but as a kid I ADORED playing Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis

Super Mario Kart was mostly what I used snes for

and Sega....I played a wide variety of games, including a pony one haha

I played a lot of Solctice for NES. The music in particular still sticks out in my mind.

Tiny Toon Adventures

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves

Zelda II

Final Fantasy

Kirby's Adventure

My family was poor, so we had an NES until the N64 came out.

I lost a lot of the first games I played, so what defined my childhood really was Pokemon Blue. Got it for my sixth birthday (along with a Game Boy Color) in 1999, played the absolute shit out of it; so much so I had to get my copy replaced in 2003 because the save battery dried up and couldn't keep a save!

Well, it sort of depends on where I put my childhood. If I think about my earliest days of gaming, videogames that made my childhood were games I never really played. It's ironic but I remember mostly watching my brother play through games like Resident Evil 2 late at night. I loved those days, they came before I actually playing games myself (which started with Super Smash Bros and Pokemon Red etc.).

If we go further and include the Gamecube era of life as part of my childhood, then the most memorable games would be Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Tales of Symphonia, Soul Calibur II and Bloody Roar: Primal Fury. The first two are very special since I played those together with friends pretty much endlessly until we finished the story. The later two I remember very fondly since it was my first real foray into more traditional fighting games; I used to play Soul Calibur II with my friend every morning before the bus would come, since each match could only take up a maximum of like 3 mins, we could plenty of matches in.