Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What video game made your childhood?

Xievie

For console, it was the very first The Legend of Zelda.

For PC, DOOM

I played a lot of Solctice for NES. The music in particular still sticks out in my mind.

Tiny Toon Adventures

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves

Zelda II

Final Fantasy

Kirby's Adventure

My family was poor, so we had an NES until the N64 came out.

TLoZ 2... That game was horrible IMO

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I lost count of how many times I had played that game as a kid.

I'd also have to say Pokemon Blue, Super Mario World, and 007 Goldeneye. I used to invite all the neighborhood kids to come over and play Goldeneye. It was an absolute blast!

Plus, Goldeneye had one of the best themes:

Final Fantasy VI made my childhood. That game had such a moving and epic story, and each character taught me a different moral. Locke taught me to believe in myself, Cyan taught me to be brave and virtuous, Sabin taught me to stay strong, etc.

Edited by Ryudo

DOOM really paved the way for me to get into FPS based games. I can humbly say that I've played every DOOM game there is and have at least 30 mods for Doom Legacy and Z-Doom as well as a full custom rebuild of a Doom game from Italy.

• Brohoof 1

The games I played as a child were Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time, Mario Kart 64, Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Mario 64, Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards, Bomberman Hero, Pokemon series, and Super Mario World.

The games I played as a kid and loved the heck out of were Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros series, Sonic, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Story, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Spyro, Bomberman, and of course Animal Crossing!!!!

For me it would be the Original Super mario Trilogy on the NES, so many our of fustration rage and glory when i finally pass bowsers castle in SMB 1 conquering that frog bastard in SMB2 and Defeating for the first time bowser in SMB3 whit 0 lifes and no power ups left o what glorious day that was, btw i was 7 years old when i did that never played video games again till i turn 15, a friend show me Starcraft and it was then i got back in to gaming till this day.

Its a toss up between Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Morrowind  and Mariocart 64. I do have more memories of NES games with family but those are there because of well family was there and we would trash talk each other.

250px-BanjoKazooieCover500px.jpg

Do you need an explanation?

Ah well, yeah. I originally borrowed this game from and old neighbor of mine. He introduced it to me and I fell in love, but sadly, I did not own it. One day, we were renting movies at this old movie store in my town, I saw Banjo Kazooie for sale. Not for rent..which shocked me, because it was a rental store. Anyways, I BEGGED my parents to get it for me and it was cheap. 

I got this game and played it and played it and played it. Sure, I had other games on the 64, BUT THIS GAME THOUGH!! I love Banjo Kazooie and forever will. No game will EVER replace this. This game would always calm me down and keep me occupied :) I still have it in good hands and still play it!!

• 9 months later...

i'm interested in what games you played as kids!

my first game (and mmo) was clone wars adventures or cwa as far as i can remember.

what was yours? id be intrested in some of the older bronies video games!

*brohoof*

• Brohoof 1

My very VERY first PC game? Oho. 

It was Jazz Jackrabbit. It was introduced to me by my older brother who thought i'd enjoy this game. He had no idea what kind of a can of worms he was opening - i was all over that game. Like, seriously - i think i was playing it through the entirety of first to third grade.

There were other games i also found enjoyable, Rayman for once. And Croc, too. I was introduced to these by a couple of old friends from grade school and we used to play them together every time we could.

As i grew up and learned some English, I also started playing more complex games which required me to actually READ. I'm talking about games such as Fallout 1 and 2. Oh boy.

Nostalgia and stuff, you know?

Edited by Sleepwalker
  • Brohoof 2