Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What video game made your childhood?

Xievie

I played a lot of stuff based on children's show licenses, nothing too notable.

i'm interested in what games you played as kids!

my first game (and mmo) was clone wars adventures or cwa as far as i can remember.

what was yours? id be intrested in some of the older bronies video games!

*brohoof*

Clone Wars Adventures? What's that?

The PC games I remember playing when I was young was Pixar's Cars, Hornby Virtual Railway, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and the Chamber of Secrets and Sonic Adventure DX.

Sonic Adventure DX was on PC?

the super old 2D side scroll Duke nukem,  and secret agent man i wish i could find them again...

and the sims.

I didn't know anyone played the original Duke Nukem

• Brohoof 1

Sonic Adventure DX was on PC?

Well, it was realesed on PC where I live.

That's really cool. I didn't know any Sonic games besides Sonic CD were released on PC.

i did not lol although i have seen game play as per twitch and seemed pretty cool

It never ceases to amaze me what one can find on Twitch

omfg... don't judge me for this but... my first childhood computer games were these two barbie ones. The first game was a Barbie Detective game. I actually loved it because it was lots of fun. The second one was this fashion designer game where you could create different fashions and such. DON'T JUDGE ME LOL. I was like what... seven? XDDDD

Edited by PelleK Fangirl <3
  • Brohoof 1

Some of my favorite childhood computer games included:

MLP G3 games. I LOVED THEM OKAY?

This game where you make sand fall on the ground... I don't know what it was called.

Castlevania I & II.

Any game on this website called, "PrimaryGames.com" It was a website that our elementary school gave us whenever we wanted to play games after our work was done. 

• Brohoof 1

I was never into PC gaming. We didn't even get a computer until 1999, when I was 13.

Though back in 1993-1994 or so I was in an afterschool program, where I played The Incredible Machine as much as I could.

Edited by Marble Didymus
  • Brohoof 1

All I remember is Oregon Trail, which I'm not sure I actually ever enjoyed it. lol

Then there was The Sims and The Sims 2, but I was in my mid teens when I got into them.

Oh, the nostalgia! Some games I remember playing are 

• Putt Putt, Freddie Fish, Fatty Bear, Pajama Sam
  • Misc. Star Wars games for kids
  • Disney's Villain's revenge
  • A Jurassic Park game
  • The Emperor's new groove 
  • A lot of other stuff I can't remember that the moment
  • Brohoof 2

Worms, X-Com, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Heretic, Hexen, Simcity, C&C, Streets of Rage, Sonic....I was a gamer through and through my kid years. Z, Guts & Garters, Little Big World, Monkey Island...I could continue the list but yeah we'd be here for a LOOOOOOONG time.

I started out playing toy story on the Super Nintendo, the lion king game from way back(don't remember the name), games like Carmen San Diego and Freddy Fish, the Tonka games, Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire(one of my favorite games ever), Star Wars: Pod Racer, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, and Mortal Kombat(when I could sneak it off the shelf, I think that was the only video game my dad ever played lol). Other than the Star Wars games I mentioned above I think the most memorable ones from my childhood were Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, the original Ghost Recon, C&C Generals, and Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis.

Edited by A. Dazven

I played some old games when I was under 10 on a really old computer at my grandparents house (Chip's challenge, ski-free, Wolfenstein 3D, and others like that)

We got a computer when I was 10 in 1998 (Pentium II 400MHZ 128MB RAM- WOO  HOO! :lol: ) The first games we got were Need for Speed III and Doom.

In 2002, I finally got my own computer and remember playing the Sims 1 & 2, Roller coaster Tycoon, Battlefield 1942, Flight Simulator, some Cabela's 4X4 Off-Road Adventure games, and other Need For Speed games.

post-24370-0-59382400-1420753537.jpg

When It comes to consoles, my grandparents got a PS1 in 1998. I remember mainly playing Pac-Man and Twisted Metal 4 a lot on it.

post-24370-0-10329200-1420753944.jpg

I personally never had a console, but games I remember playing at friend's and cousin's houses were: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Halo, James bond, Crusin' USA,  and some Mario games.

I really don't play video games any more (at 26). I just don't have time and do other things like picture/video editing, money stuff, and general internet/YouTube stuff on a computer these days.

Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 1

I have been watching videos all morning from a childhood favorite called "3D Dinosaur Adventure" by Knowledge Adventure. It came with a Packard Bell computer that we had.

Edited by whitetiger187
  • Brohoof 1

First thing I ever played were the Spyro games for the Playstation. 

*is suddenly trapped in a world of nostalgia* 

I also played some computer games.. there were some Disney themed ones (Pocahontas, Tarzan, Mulan..), and then there were a few others.. I don't know who made them. The only one I remember is Yolanda YellsaLot. And I liked making her try on dresses. XP 

Edited by Glitter Moon
  • Brohoof 1