Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums MLB Baseball Thread

Doctor XFizzle

(edited)

Today's one of the best days in America, MLB Opening Day!!

Who's your team, what are your expectations, and how excited for the season are you?

For Detroit Tigers its World Series or bust. With a deadly lineup anchored by Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder and then AL MVP/Cy Young Justin Verlander at the front of the starting rotation, anything less than the ALCS will be a disappointment.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

Watched the Cardinals Marlins game yesterday, can't wait for opening day in STL! Go cards! :D
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh yeah baby! I love baseball. Watching Opening Day for the Mets now. Thanks for the reminder, this just made my day :D

New York Mets fan. I expect them to be as horrible as they've always been.

Very excited for the season though.

Atlanta Braves @ New York Mets :D

50th Opening Day Anniversary for the Mets. Ralph Kiner gets to read the lineup :D

Opening Day Lineup for the Mets

Andres Torres (CF)

Dan Murphy (2B)

David Wright (3B)

Ike Davis (1B)

Jason Bay (LF)

Lucas Duda (RF)

Josh Tolle ( C)

Ruben Tejada (SS)

Johan Santana (P)

No more Reyes :(

RIP Gary Carter 1954-2012 :(

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

RED SOX!! I'm excited to see how they do this year with Bobby Valentine at the helm. Hopefully it will be a good year. This time we've got plenty of solid backup pitching.

I wish I had cable so I could watch the games...

(edited)

I live in Baltimore, so I'm gonna be rooting for the Orioles even though they haven't done terribly well at all in recent years... :mellow:

Edited by lordbababa

I live in Baltimore, so I'm gonna be rooting for the Orioles even though they haven't done terribly well at all in recent years... :mellow:

I'm sorry :/ could be worse, could be a Pittsburgh Pirates fan ^_^

Wooooooo Tigers win. Sucks that Verlander got a ND after pitching a GEM. Damn Valverde and blowing saves.

• Brohoof 3

Indians lost to the Blue Jays...

Masterson pitched a good 8 innings, then Perez comes in and is all "lol wut r baseball?"

Indians Lose to Jays 7-4 in 16 innings...

:(

I like the Jays, but the Tribe is my favorite and home team.

(edited)

Indians lost to the Blue Jays...

Masterson pitched a good 8 innings, then Perez comes in and is all "lol wut r baseball?"

Indians Lose to Jays 7-4 in 16 innings...

:(

I like the Jays, but the Tribe is my favorite and home team.

And I was about to cheer for the fact my Jays won the longest Opening Day game in history because of a 3-run dinger by Arencibia. My friends at the university were distracted watching the game during accounting class when the game was just going into extra innings. We also got in trouble for cheering for Arencibia's homer.

Edited by Derpity Derp

oh man, I'm a HUGE Giants fan, but I'm also interested in the Dodgers line up this year, I think this years gonna be really interesting :3

And I was about to cheer for the fact my Jays won the longest Opening Day game in history because of a 3-run dinger by Arencibia. My friends at the university were distracted watching the game during accounting class when the game was just going into extra innings. We also got in trouble for cheering for Arencibia's homer.

I have no problem with that 3 run homer at the end, it was a good game. I do have a problem with Chris Perez blowing the save in the 9th, here in Cleveland, everyone is raging at him haha

(edited)

I frickin had Arencibia on the bench in my fantasy league today. I don't know why. At least Bautista got me a HR today and Jhonny Peralta got me 2 hits.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

(edited)

Only ones on my Fantasy team that actually did anything today were

Halladay, Encarnacion, David Wright, Daniel Murphy, and Jimmy Rollins...

Everyone else did jack squat, but I am still winning my match up 5-4-1

Glad to see David Wright playing, one of my favorite players

Edited by TOMahwk

I've always wanted to follow baseball but could never get any of the players and their respective teams straight. :/ hoping to change that this year.

Also, I don't really have a team to root for.....I never root for my home teams (Minnesota Twins/Vikings/Twolves? No way) So I suppose I just have to go based on my favorite players or underdogs, since rooting for the winning team is boring :P

It's hard to rejoice when you choke nearly every year ;)

Well, minus the hitting, defense, starters, relievers, coaches, owners, mascots, and bat boys I say we have a pretty descent team this year.

(edited)

I was at the Mets game today. I've gone to every single Opening Day with my dad since 1996, so we maintained the tradition even in the face of dismal expectations.

Anyway, a win is a win! And the Mets held a very classy tribute to Gary Carter. All in all, it was a fun game---especially since Santana had a nice start and Wright got what would be the game deciding RBI.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

For all you Mets fans, at least be happy that it wasn't like the Leafs. After giving Sundin his honour, we lose 5-0 that night, and end up going 1-8-1 to kick us out of the playoffs. Leafs will always be the epitome of futility and mediocrity.