Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums MLB Baseball Thread

Doctor XFizzle

(edited)

2 games into the season and already I've screwed up my fantasy team by benching the wrong players.

Benched Arencibia when he hit the go-ahead HR on Friday, then had Aaron Hill benched yesterday and he goes off for 2 HRs. >_<

Since this is my 1st season doing fantasy, I'm gonna be "that guy" and bitch every time one of my bench guys goes off lol

I did that last year all the time (caused me to lose 3 weeks in a row 0-10)... Now though I only have 1 batter sitting on the bench, the rest of my bench is filled with pitchers so I can swap them out whenever they start

(I don't need to worry about my batters too much, I am very happy with my lineup :wub:)

Edited by TOMahwk

Anypony else going to the Yankee/Rays game today in Orlando? I'll be there, and I'm wondering if I should wear a pony shirt for the lolz or just wear my Yankee attire.

Anypony else going to the Yankee/Rays game today in Orlando? I'll be there, and I'm wondering if I should wear a pony shirt for the lolz or just wear my Yankee attire.

even better if you find pony Yankees stuff

• Brohoof 1

I remember when the Braves-Mets rivalry was super heated. It has mellowed out since 2006 when we clobbered them and took the division, only to be supplanted by the Phillies. Still, it's lovely to sweep them out of the opening series.

• Brohoof 1

Hahaha Yanks and BoSox both 0-3. Tigers with 2 walkoffs on the BoSox. Bring on the Rays

Yeah, and let me tell you this , I have been upset about that since the end of yesterday's game. At the moment I am just trying to reassure myself that we're gonna do better. I mean we had 2 bad games and one horrible game. Friday we had th e game won, but then we ended up losing in the ninth. Saturday we almost made it but it was just a case of to little too late. You could say the same thing about the Red Sox . They had 2 bad games and one horrible one. Red Sox and the Yankees could have been 2-1 right now if luck was on our sides.

(edited)

Is Yu Darvish making his Rangers debut tonight?

Yes he is and he gave up 4 runs on 4 hits in the 1st inning TO THE MARINERS!

It's only one game. I feel it's going to take a while for a foreign player to get his legs grounded in the MLB. I hope Rangers fans don't grill him too much if he's not up to par this first season. Dice-K became awesome his 2nd/3rd season...although he's gone now.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

Mets 4-0.... I am surprised now to be honest. Hope they continue.

My Indians lose to the White Sox :(

Oh well, looking forward to another disapointing year, but hey, it's Cleveland, we're used to it.

My Indians lose to the White Sox :(

Oh well, looking forward to another disapointing year, but hey, it's Cleveland, we're used to it.

I'm sincere when I say I feel bad for Cleveland sports. They're a lot like Detroit, a hard-working blue-collar city that time has passed by because the Industrial Revolution has been over and done with. They are dying for a champion.

That being said, go Indians for 2nd place! No way you're getting 1st from us.

I'm sincere when I say I feel bad for Cleveland sports. They're a lot like Detroit, a hard-working blue-collar city that time has passed by because the Industrial Revolution has been over and done with. They are dying for a champion.

That being said, go Indians for 2nd place! No way you're getting 1st from us.

I can guarantee you, if any Cleveland sports team wins a championship or something, the population will literally turn the City upside down. Schools, Work, will be closed for a week in celebration.

Not that it will happen anytime soon, but I'm always hoping for a World Series... I can honestly say we would've won '07 if it weren't for Boston.

(edited)

You're telling me. Daniel Murphy has suddenly become a jack of all trades.

It's unfortunate to hear about the recent struggles of the Indians. You guys were pretty dominant in the 90s and mid-2000s, and then you had a brilliant start last year. I'm surprised, quite honestly, that the Indians haven't really gotten a big bopper in their line-up since Travis Hafner's gravy days.

And give us back Joe Smith! :(

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

You're telling me. Daniel Murphy has suddenly become a jack of all trades.

It's unfortunate to hear about the recent struggles of the Indians. You guys were pretty dominant in the 90s and mid-2000s, and then you had a brilliant start last year. I'm surprised, quite honestly, that the Indians haven't really gotten a big bopper in their line-up since Travis Hafner's gravy days.

And give us back Joe Smith! :(

I don't think our team is bad, I just think everyone else is better. I mean we got a lot of great players, Hannahan is amazing at defense, Santana is very disciplined, Choo is pretty good, Cabrera, nothing needs to be said of him, just look at '11, Kipnis will be good someday, just needs time.

Masterson and Jimenez just need run support so they can get their wins, they're both Ace pitchers... Lowe and Tomlin are good too but Lowe needs to bounce back and Tomlin needs work on his speed.

Hafner is getting old and his knees are pretty f**ked up right now, too many injuries. (So far Jason Donald has pinch-ran for him twice, maybe more, I can't remember)

Sizemore, I seriously doubt if he will ever play again, that guy has had way too many injuries in such a short time. Shame for a guy who was such an icon for us in his prime.

Smith, no. I like him. He is good pitcher :wub:

Now if we can just get rid of Chris Perez...

On the side note, I have Davis, Murphy, and Wright on my fantasy team (GO METS), Starting to really appreciate the Mets now... (Davis PLEASE do something... :( )

Edited by TOMahwk
  • Brohoof 1

Ozzie Guillen suspended 5 games for his remarks about Fidel Castro.

If he said that while he was in Chicago, he probably wouldn't have gotten anything or a game or two, but since he's managing in Miami with a giant Cuban population, that's not going to be taken lightly.

Ozzie Guillen suspended 5 games for his remarks about Fidel Castro.

If he said that while he was in Chicago, he probably wouldn't have gotten anything or a game or two, but since he's managing in Miami with a giant Cuban population, that's not going to be taken lightly.

Ouch. Stupid move by Guillen, though is it something he should really be suspended for? Yeah he praised Fidel Castro and expressed his wishes for his longevity but is it really something MLB should suspend him over?

MLB managers and players are not allowed to express their world views now?

On a less controversial note, Mets are 4-0 :D

• Brohoof 1

Ouch. Stupid move by Guillen, though is it something he should really be suspended for? Yeah he praised Fidel Castro and expressed his wishes for his longevity but is it really something MLB should suspend him over?

MLB managers and players are not allowed to express their world views now?

The team, not the MLB, suspended Guilien.

It reminds me slightly of the controversy surrounding Carlos Delgado back in 2003 when he wouldn't stand for "God Bless America" due to the invasion of Iraq and the use of a portion of Puerto Rico for ordnance tests by the US military. In that case, though, Delgado was a.) playing for the Blue Jays, thus not drawing a lot of attention in Canada for his protests and b.) was doing something relatively benign, if a bit overly political. But Guilien had to be a silly filly and say something about Castro while playing for a team located in Southern Florida. One wonders what in the heck he was thinking. The suspension is obviously overkill, though.

I don't think our team is bad, I just think everyone else is better. I mean we got a lot of great players, Hannahan is amazing at defense, Santana is very disciplined, Choo is pretty good, Cabrera, nothing needs to be said of him, just look at '11, Kipnis will be good someday, just needs time.

Masterson and Jimenez just need run support so they can get their wins, they're both Ace pitchers... Lowe and Tomlin are good too but Lowe needs to bounce back and Tomlin needs work on his speed.

Hafner is getting old and his knees are pretty f**ked up right now, too many injuries. (So far Jason Donald has pinch-ran for him twice, maybe more, I can't remember)

Sizemore, I seriously doubt if he will ever play again, that guy has had way too many injuries in such a short time. Shame for a guy who was such an icon for us in his prime.

Smith, no. I like him. He is good pitcher :wub:

Now if we can just get rid of Chris Perez...

On the side note, I have Davis, Murphy, and Wright on my fantasy team (GO METS), Starting to really appreciate the Mets now... (Davis PLEASE do something... :( )

Davis will hit. He just needs some time. When he gets hot, Ike can carry the team.

For one reason or another, your description of the Indians as they are currently constituted reminded me of "The Perfect Stallion". "Kipnis is too young / Hafner's too old..."

Yeash, yeah; I had forgotten about Sizemore. He was coming up around the same time Wright and Reyes (REYES Y U NO LONGER A MET) were becoming stars. It's just one of those unfortunate cases where a player's body breaks down suddenly at a relatively young age.

• Brohoof 1