Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you take any medicine daily?

iceestarz

I myself take a nice handful of pills. Doxycycline for acne though I'm weening myself off of it and using some cream my dermatologist gave me every so often. Fluoxetine and BusPIRone for anxiety. Levothyroxine for my hypothyroidism, although I just recently started taking it after discovering my TSH was really high, but my vision has all of a sudden gone really blurry so I need to talk to my doctor about it since it's a side effect and really hurting me in school when I can't read the board or see anyone :maud:

Edit: I went to the school nurse today for an eye exam. I went from having pretty much perfect vision to 20/100 in both eyes. Even then I could barely read the top line on the sheet. Going to my doctors today to find out what the heck is going on.

Okie dokie. So my doctor has no idea what is going on with me. Everything seems normal except my pupils seem dilated, my vision is messed up and my heart raced this morning for no absolute reason. I'm going off the thyroid medication for 5 days and see if my vision changes, if it gets better we'll figure something out, if it gets worse I have to go to the er. How fun.

Edited by Cupcakes14

Nope, I try to avoid medications as much as I can because of all the side effects and because I think western medicine relies way too much on pills and not enough on encouraging the development of natural immunity which is much healthier in the long run. I have taken some before though, I took some pretty hard core pain meds for my some of my knee injuries (I have had 6 in total and most of them work related) of course that was for the really serious ones. My knee was bright red for 2 whole weeks for my first knee injury and I had to use an electric cart when I went shopping for almost a month. I used to use an inhaler when my asthma was really bad in my younger years and used to take anti depressants during my teen years but have not touched those since I was 17. Currently though I am taking nothing, zip, zilch, nada and will try to keep it that way as long as I can.

I used to take anxiety medicine, but I stopped taking that once anxiety was no longer an issue of mine. Sometimes I wonder if I should have stayed on it, though, since I do get anxious frequently :1

Now I just take birth control pills so I don't have to bleed.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

I take my rescue inhaler, for a while I was taking the pill form for the inhaler. But I wanted the actual inhaler because it would be easier and I got it.

And for about 4 months I took 6 pills a day. I forgot what it was for I think I was sick or had some kind of skin thing going on. I am not sure it was a while ago.

I have taken different kinds in the past, most recently Trileptal which I had to take two pills a day, I kinda stopped though because there was not much of a point. At this point in time, I really don't want artificial happiness. Now, if I could get an anti anxiety medicine prescription of some sort, that could help, maybe.

• Brohoof 1

I just started back on my Prozac. Today is Day 2, actually. Other than that, I don't take any pills daily.

Remembering to take medicine daily is really rough, because there is never a set routine. I'm always being called to go spend the night at my dad's house (or was, in that case), or my aunt's house, and it's just hard to remember to take (or even bring along) medicine.

• Brohoof 1

Two depression meds, one allergy tablet (dust ironically enough) and the one sedative thing for restless leg syndrome, and some herbal Whole Foods thing that smells gross and a hardcore muscle relaxer when I need it for dysmenorrhea which was mentioned the page before.

I just started back on my Prozac. Today is Day 2, actually. Other than that, I don't take any pills daily.

Remembering to take medicine daily is really rough, because there is never a set routine. I'm always being called to go spend the night at my dad's house (or was, in that case), or my aunt's house, and it's just hard to remember to take (or even bring along) medicine.

If you have a smartphone try an app called Medisafe. It's a reminder you can custom set for your medication. Believe me I'm the worst when it comes to remembering meds and this thing is amazing.

• Brohoof 1